Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-08-02, 04:41   Link #101
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
ok wait..i cant remember the others getting a mega form..when did that happen?
From what I saw in this thread, they had their Mega forms (I think the forms are called differently in the original) in one/some of the Digimon games.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 04:43   Link #102
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
From what I saw in this thread, they had their Mega forms (I think the forms are called differently in the original) in one/some of the Digimon games.
The games i know they will always have but yea in anime i never actually saw them
Old 2014-08-02, 05:03   Link #103
elior

i dont think all the old cast will return becouse if i remember right one of them died so we dont know if the outhers will be active
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 05:23   Link #104
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so.... uh wait, when did Digimon Xross Wars & its sequel went into production again? he sings the damn soundtrack such as "We Are Xross Hearts!!", that is a mystery
He was completely absent in Hunters, however. But yeah, bring back Kouji Wada plz. Or at the very least give us an opening with some energy again. The last two openings in Xros Wars were just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

And on the topic of getting Ultimate/Mega (seriously, I will forever hate the dub for renaming the Perfect stage "Ultimate". It just makes the whole thing needlessly confusing, having "Ultimate" referring to two different stages depending on which version you're referring to) forms for all the other 'mons... YES PLEASE. Though I personally would really rather see Gomamon evolving into Plesiomon rather than Vikemon. If only because I feel like the franchise tends to go for a more humanoid final form for the Digimon way too often, and Plesiomon is much more animal-like than Vikemon is. Also Plesiomon = More badass Gomamon, whereas Vikemon = More badass Zudomon. I like Gomamon better than Zudomon. So yeah.
Old 2014-08-02, 06:03   Link #105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I could have sworn Zudomon's Mega form used to be Marineangelmon Not that I liked it back then either.

But what about Shakkoumon and Silphymon?
It does, but thematically-speaking it just feels wrong for it to be the evolution of Zudomon or Lilymon (even though Marineangemon’s “Ocean Love” attack is supposed to be powerful too). Vikemon is a lot better fit for Zudomon, and Marineangemon is more fitting as the direct evolution from Pichimon imo.

As for Shakkoumon & Silphymon, they are Ultimate forms which can also evolve into Vikemon & Hououmon respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I like Gomamon better than Zudomon. So yeah.
Well, for me, Zudomon is more badass because it’s an amalgamation of Thor, Gamera, walrus & bear .
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still, I know where you come from. Gomamon is cool too.
Old 2014-08-02, 06:32   Link #106
foxbox360
New Age Badass

new digimons ? let the hype train rolls!!!!!!!!!!
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:33   Link #107
Gundamx

Since Taichi(Tai) is the MC
who do you think will be main heroine/love interesting?

many ask for Sora(retcon) but I would rather to have new heroine.

true to be told I don't like how she chose Yammato who was only good looking/band singer over Taichi who help her and always was here for here when she was sad/need him

sure he good guy but they never show us any Yammto/Sora characters development in anime
it was only taichi/Sora -> than baam she start dating Yammto.....

if that was their plan from the begging than it a lot better for them to change all Taichi/Sora characters development to Yammato/Sora.

it like Kingdom Heart-> after all Sora/Hikairi characters development we find out that she actually like Riku and they marry him...
(Sure I like Riku more than Sora but that another story)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 10:53   Link #108
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Since Taichi(Tai) is the MC
who do you think will be main heroine/love interesting?

many ask for Sora(retcon) but I would rather to have new heroine.

true to be told I don't like how she chose Yammato who was only good looking/band singer over Taichi who help her and always was here for here when she was sad/need him

sure he good guy but they never show us any Yammto/Sora characters development in anime
it was only taichi/Sora -> than baam she start dating Yammto.....

if that was their plan from the begging than it a lot better for them to change all Taichi/Sora characters development to Yammato/Sora.

it like Kingdom Heart-> after all Sora/Hikairi characters development we find out that she actually like Riku and they marry him...
(Sure I like Riku more than Sora but that another story)
I don't think they really would take that romantic route but sometimes I feel like Mimi could been the one that Taichi would got with (but the long-distance thing), or something else.

But for the enemy, i was doing some thinking and maybe having them facing a D-Reaper type enemy would work because D-Reaper was the only enemy that put a whupping on Tamers and i think a type of enemy like that would push the characters into new heights (Megas)
Old 2014-08-02, 11:21   Link #109
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I heard something about this shipping partially being the english dub's fault, because they made Taichi jealous, although he wasn't in the original or something like that...

But I guess I just don't know, because I only rewatched Adventure 01 recently, while I completely ignored 02, so the last time I saw 02 is probably over 10 years ago, so I hardly remember anything about it.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 11:56   Link #110
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm SO excited for this and I hope it will re-write that horrible 02 ending. I'd rather have Tai/Sora than Yamato/Sora.

Can't wait I love Yamato
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 12:53   Link #111
Vegard Aune

Yeah I'm pretty sure the English dub played up the shipping a lot more than the Japanese version was. I don't think there was any blatant shipping fuel in Adventure. 02 had some though, what with Daisuke being blatantly in love with Hikari, and Miyako having a crush on Ken, at least at first.
Though I also heard the epilogue was originally also supposed to show that Hikari and Takeru got married. Oh and Mimi and Jou as well. And I'm just like... Those pairings actually make sense! How come those were cut out while the other two weren't?
Old 2014-08-02, 13:21   Link #112
Gundamx

Quote:
I heard something about this shipping partially being the english dub's fault, because they made Taichi jealous, although he wasn't in the original or something like that...

But I guess I just don't know, because I only rewatched Adventure 01 recently, while I completely ignored 02, so the last time I saw 02 is probably over 10 years ago, so I hardly remember anything about it.
I am mostly talking about 01
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 13:26   Link #113
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So wait, they'll be teens in this one? Sweet, Tai back as the leader.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few who liked Davis but Tais was my favorite

Maybe it's not too late, maybe they can fix that awful mistake of putting Sora x Matt together, I honestly don't know what they were thinking with that ending. Wasn't Tai x Sora and T.K x Karai the most popular pairings? Even in Japan? I don't get it.

I can't wait for this. Hope we get a preview for it soon, 2015 though?

I wish Pokemon would do so e thing special for the next Annaversary and actually age Ash, meh.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 14:15   Link #114
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I swear to god Japan if you are trolling us I WILL slap someone.

Also if this is legit PLEASE re-canon MattxSora to TaixSora its been a painful 10 years.....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 14:25   Link #115
Marina2

Digimon Tamer is still the best digimon for me in both story and character. It has more dark and mature theme than Adventure 1&2 while still keeping the basic idea of digimon series.

I hope this new series will feel similar to Adventure 1&2 + Tamer not something like Frontier and X-Wars.

P.S. Takto x Juri is my favorite pair.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:56   Link #116
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Digimon Tamer is still the best digimon for me in both story and character. It has more dark and mature theme than Adventure 1&2 while still keeping the basic idea of digimon series.

I hope this new series will feel similar to Adventure 1&2 + Tamer not something like Frontier and X-Wars.

P.S. Takto x Juri is my favorite pair.
I wasn't a fan of Tamers because I didn't dig the whole fusion with your digimon to go Mega thing.

I also want my digidestineds to be a select group and not popping out one after another in the middle of the series.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 15:05   Link #117
Vegard Aune

For me Adventure and Tamers were the best series. Adventure for its pacing, having the biggest cast and yet all the main characters (well, the human side of them anyway) were distinct, and also nostalgia. Tamers for... the second half, basically. Once they went to the Digital World that show became pretty much a non-stop ever-escalating run of Holy Shit. Also it got rid of a few of my pet peeves with Adventure, like how the main characters aren't destined to save the world, and death is actually final, meaning that when one of the characters' Digimon partner died... he was gone. Forever. Setting in motion the darkest, creepiest story-arc in any Digimon-series ever. And it was glorious.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:07   Link #118
wisteria233

Quote:

Actually to be fair, it was in the movie as well. The idea to put Yamato and Sora in a relationship was cooked up by the director of Digimon Adventure, however sadly the man has no experience in how to put together a romantic subplot, and also forgot to tell most of the staff, so a good portion of the staff actually didn't even know about it, and were blindsided and confused when it happened.

However, the director still maintains that he had planned for it all along, and that Yamato was supposed to be the person closest to Sora. But to be brutally honest, his reasoning is faulty, since Yamato's behavior, and character development goes against his reasoning, which is understandable since the head writer didn't give a shit about the pairing. Hosoda also wasn't informed about the tv series' director's ideas, and so assumed that since Sora and Taichi, had a history and interact the most...

So in this case the dub actually isn't to blame, but rather Kakudou (the tv series director) himself, since the dubbers only went with the most logical choice.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 15:27   Link #119
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actually to be fair, it was in the movie as well. The idea to put Yamato and Sora in a relationship was cooked up by the director of Digimon Adventure, however sadly the man has no experience in how to put together a romantic subplot, and also forgot to tell most of the staff, so a good portion of the staff actually didn't even know about it, and were blindsided and confused when it happened.

However, the director still maintains that he had planned for it all along, and that Yamato was supposed to be the person closest to Sora. But to be brutally honest, his reasoning is faulty, since Yamato's behavior, and character development goes against his reasoning, which is understandable since the head writer didn't give a shit about the pairing. Hosoda also wasn't informed about the tv series' director's ideas, and so assumed that since Sora and Taichi, had a history and interact the most...

So in this case the dub actually isn't to blame, but rather Kakudou (the tv series director) himself, since the dubbers only went with the most logical choice.
yeah. Dubbers built on it with the lines that they used but even taking out the words all together, the animation itself tells a different story than what the director had in mind.
Old 2014-08-02, 16:15   Link #120
com_gwp

Heads up folks, the Digimon Adventure website has a Digitama promising new info once it gets enough clicks to hatch. The count's 800K+, so get clicking!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon