AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-22, 16:46   Link #101
corefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Nasu's idea of "Good" alignment is really screwed-up. Possibly he's taking it from the legend, but then that's not exactly compatible with Rider being Chaotic Good, so....
i think that it depends on wich point in life the Servant is pulled from in the case of Rider it is pre gorgon transformation or is in the prosses of the transformation and gil pobbaly has not lost or has been dinyd any thing yet wich explanes his evrything belongs to me atatue.
corefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 23:53   Link #102
vienx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Awesome, thanks.

For those wanting to do the same, here's the link to the site:

http://www.fate-go.jp/index.html

It's the box under the QR code.
so i just need input my email in the box below the QR code then to pre-register ?
vienx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 01:09   Link #103
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corefire View Post
i think that it depends on wich point in life the Servant is pulled from in the case of Rider it is pre gorgon transformation or is in the prosses of the transformation and gil pobbaly has not lost or has been dinyd any thing yet wich explanes his evrything belongs to me atatue.
His "everything belongs to me" aspect isn't what strains the idea of him having a good alignment. There have been plenty of "good" greedy characters. Zero Rider would be one, and no one's questioning his "good" alignment. It's Gil's "rejoicing in suffering" aspect, for one thing. And his temptation of Kirei in Fate/Zero was positively diabolical.
Old 2015-01-24, 01:21   Link #104
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
His "everything belongs to me" aspect isn't what strains the idea of him having a good alignment. There have been plenty of "good" greedy characters. Zero Rider would be one, and no one's questioning his "good" alignment. It's Gil's "rejoicing in suffering" aspect, for one thing. And his temptation of Kirei in Fate/Zero was positively diabolical.
There's nothing wrong with calling Kirei out on being Tokiomi's lapdog, needing to think for himself for once.

It's only when he starts calling Kirei an evil person at heart who enjoys the suffering of others that it becomes questionable, but by then both of them have had contract with the Grail's sludge.

I think his character in Fate/Extra CCC fits Chaotic Good well enough.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 02:01   Link #105
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So basically, Gilgamesh is only Chaotic Good when he's in a good mood?
Old 2015-01-24, 07:56   Link #106
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's nothing wrong with calling Kirei out on being Tokiomi's lapdog, needing to think for himself for once.

It's only when he starts calling Kirei an evil person at heart who enjoys the suffering of others that it becomes questionable, but by then both of them have had contract with the Grail's sludge.
I don't think the Grail has anything to with Gilgamesh attitude. Somewhere in Fate/Stay Night it is said that Gill wasn't effect by the Grail mud and in Fate/Zero you can also see that Gilgamesh ego is strong enough to not get effect by the Grail.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 23:04   Link #107
Shyni

Quote:
That's not true for either of those, considering Rider's flashback (or whatever that was) in Hollow, and Gil definitely remembers Enkidu's death if the Zero LNs are anything to do by. And I think he's mentioned the snake and the herb of immortality fro near the end of his epic as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Zero Rider would be one, and no one's questioning his "good" alignment.
No one, really? World conquest isn't exactly a kind and selfless goal.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 00:46   Link #108
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Nor is it inherently an evil thing, especially if you're from a time when that's just how international diplomacy worked. His interaction with Waver was more than enough to certify his "good" bonafides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So basically, Gilgamesh is only Chaotic Good when he's in a good mood?
And that, ladies and gentlemen, might as well be the textbook definition of Chaotic Neutral.
Old 2015-01-25, 02:29   Link #109
corefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
That's not true for either of those, considering Rider's flashback (or whatever that was) in Hollow, and Gil definitely remembers Enkidu's death if the Zero LNs are anything to do by. And I think he's mentioned the snake and the herb of immortality fro near the end of his epic as well.

i was only considering gils sickenly over confadent attauue at the time plus i was unimpresed with zero i watched the anime and i dont know i just did not like it have not watch it scince also i have not played hollow yet i want to though and if we are all going to continue to talk about alignment can we please use a different example i cant stand gil.
Old 2015-01-25, 15:51   Link #110
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I don't think the Grail has anything to with Gilgamesh attitude. Somewhere in Fate/Stay Night it is said that Gill wasn't effect by the Grail mud and in Fate/Zero you can also see that Gilgamesh ego is strong enough to not get effect by the Grail.
He isn't brainwashed like Saber was, but the Grail almost certainly affected his judgment.

Look at Fate and UBW, where he pretty much intended to destroy humanity because he thought everyone was corrupt. That much is certainly because of what he saw in the Grail.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 17:50   Link #111
corefire

i just relized that saber probably wont have avalon i since shes sommond in pre fate zero/default state also 2/3 of the heroine of FGO have barrier type NP and i am more then willing to bet Shielder has one too.
Old 2015-01-27, 18:41   Link #112
corefire

thare are 4 different saber colnes and thay going to add at lest one more for fgo http://www.fate-go.jp/gudao/gudao01.html trasulate the words above the facebook symbol and you will see.
Old 2015-01-28, 23:05   Link #113
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
i just relized that saber probably wont have avalon i since shes sommond in pre fate zero/default state also 2/3 of the heroine of FGO have barrier type NP and i am more then willing to bet Shielder has one too.
Quote:
thare are 4 different saber colnes and thay going to add at lest one more for fgo http://www.fate-go.jp/gudao/gudao01.html trasulate the words above the facebook symbol and you will see.
First off, there's an edit button. Use it.

Second, nope. We don't know at which point in time Saber is summoned. Hell, it could be an alternate timeline altogether, meaning that Avalon was restored to her.

Third, that's Sakura Saber from TM Koha Ace (I think). The girl with her is Demon Archer, from the same series.

And fourth: Fix your grammar.
Old 2015-01-29, 13:32   Link #114
corefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
First off, there's an edit button. Use it.

Second, nope. We don't know at which point in time Saber is summoned. Hell, it could be an alternate timeline altogether, meaning that Avalon was restored to her.

Third, that's Sakura Saber from TM Koha Ace (I think). The girl with her is Demon Archer, from the same series.

And fourth: Fix your grammar.
first im loged off when i think of this stuff after i log off it aotomatly makes a new post when i log on and post i alredy tryd the remember me button i think it is just the device im useing. second the device im does not have a spellcheck and no i cant switch to a diffrent deivce WARNING DROP THE SUBJECT you dont want to go thare ill call the mods if you do. 3erd thanks
Old 2015-04-18, 11:53   Link #115
GDB

Site put up a lot of new info and character designs. The MCs look like gender bent Shirou and Rin, there's a guy in a fancy top hat, and a huke designed Saber (all signs pointing towards her being Charlemagne).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:20   Link #116
hinode

Also the game got delayed again, this time to summer.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 20:48   Link #117
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Site put up a lot of new info and character designs. The MCs look like gender bent Shirou and Rin, there's a guy in a fancy top hat, and a huke designed Saber (all signs pointing towards her being Charlemagne).
I'm no history expert but this Saber's battlefield spanned half the continent,there's also "the power of the god of war is in my hands" in the trailer.which points Saber's identity to Attila the Hun.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 20:57   Link #118
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Also, for those curious, the Pre-Register bonus is now confirmed to be Saber Lily

For those who can't read Japanese, here's the description for the new Saber:

Quote:
誇り高く、理性的な戦士。しかし、どこか「空虚」を感じさせる。その剣に迷いはなく、戦闘時には猛烈な戦い ぶりを見せる。かつての彼女の戦場は、大陸の半分にも及んだという。
Quote:
A proud, rational knight. However, there's somewhat of a feeling of vacancy. There is no hesitation in her blade, and in times of battle she displays a truly violent fighting style. It is said her battlefield in life spanned over half a continent.

And the three voice samples:

Quote:
Objective: Destroy
Quote:
I am the Great King of Destruction. I will lend you my power.
Quote:
Master....master...heh, what a strange sound.

And the script from the CM:

Quote:
The power of the God of War...is in my hands!
I am a fighter. An instrument of slaughter.
Is this fight not over yet?

Last edited by TwilightsCall; 2015-04-18 at 21:09.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:14   Link #119
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensouR-1 View Post
I'm no history expert but this Saber's battlefield spanned half the continent,there's also "the power of the god of war is in my hands" in the trailer.which points Saber's identity to Attila the Hun.
Also possible, but the sword just seems to scream Charlemagne. I'd be fine with either, to be honest. Unless she's got interesting abilities I probably wouldn't be using her anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 23:28   Link #120
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Charlemagne would make sense with how the sword looks (and Type-Moon are not above gender flipping more famous figures after Extra and Apocrypha) but the darker skin and charcter description seems to point towards Attila while her calling the sword "The God of War" implies it is the sword of Mars, which might mean she is the Khan of Khans also.

My own crack theory is that she is Prester John, which would allow for all sorts of nonsense "creativity" with her legend, given how the Nasuverse works with this sort of things (legends getting altered affecting the Heroic Spirit etc.), so they can mix and match whatever they like from The Khans conquest and Ethiopian legend (and also make her related to Christianty).

But I think it is more likely to be gender flipped Attila.

Expected this to be delayed, but didn't actually expect them to delay it to summer. Would've thought they would say Winter or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Also, for those curious, the Pre-Register bonus is now confirmed to be Saber Lily
Did they send an email about that?

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon