Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 12:37   Link #101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
In other words a recap episode...
Well even if they add some flashbacks you still have new footage from chapter 12 so it wouldn't be a complete recap, but still, one whole episode dedicated to that chapter seems a lot,especialy if there's only going to be 13 episodes+2 on DVD (according to the ANN trivia).
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 10:02   Link #102
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

If I'm being honest I didn't think much about the story, honestly I didn't really care that much, I picked this series up out of boredom. But I did enjoy it very much, one thing that really caught me off is how good the OST is, its awesome thats what really kept with it. Now hoping 2nd season keeps up with that brillant standard. 1 of my favs OST there is.
Old 2007-12-17, 18:52   Link #103
Avisch
Reality Blender

I'll watch this for one reason

Spoiler for Series info:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 10:49   Link #104
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If I'm being honest I didn't think much about the story, honestly I didn't really care that much, I picked this series up out of boredom. But I did enjoy it very much, one thing that really caught me off is how good the OST is, its awesome thats what really kept with it. Now hoping 2nd season keeps up with that brillant standard. 1 of my favs OST there is.
Meh I guess I'm the opponent I like the series not because of the story but for it's over all theme of "Dose The Ends Justifies The Means." The Government was getting the job done but at the cost of the lives of these poor little girls. Which pulled at my heart strings when I realized the situation was hopeless for them and the only way out was to die.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:03   Link #105
Defron
Soy Bean

I am sooo happy Gunslinger Girl is getting a second season! I really loved the first season and hope this season will be just as good.

Spoiler for last season:
Defron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:47   Link #106
Same_Shark

The ending theme song is doll by Lia & Aoi Tada.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 13:44   Link #107
totoum
Me at work

hey,here's a new promo art

Spoiler for image:
Old 2007-12-24, 23:47   Link #108
Deathbringer_37

Awesome art piece.....This season will be so awesome, Hilshire/Triela and Pinochio/Mafia leader have the most dinamic relationship of this series.
Deathbringer_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 00:44   Link #109
Rory Silverstien
Maid Horder

Send a message via MSN to Rory Silverstien Send a message via Yahoo to Rory Silverstien
It should be interesting to see how well/close the new season is to the manga. Both versions of the story were pretty good.
Rory Silverstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 02:36   Link #110
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The show will not start for another fortnight and the DVD is up for preordering

The bonuses looks good and, most importantly, the price is very attractive.

I have the urge to get it and I'm sure the show will turns out good. But still I prefer to have a look at the first episode before folking out the dough.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 02:43   Link #111
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
hey,here's a new promo art

Spoiler for image:
Cool. Looks like we're going to have a Triela/Pinocchio relationship to watch.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 12:48   Link #112
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I'm with the popular opinion, apparently. Totally pumped for a Triela-centric arc, but I feel cheated on Angelica resurrection.

I've been hearing that 'people just assumed she died' line bandied around a lot, but in the manga that scene introduced Angelica whereas in the anime it came only after a long buildup of slow deterioration of her health. Accepting that she didn't die is only difficult because it makes that final scene seem a lot less complete and meaningful, but accepting that she actually recovers is hard after the run up to the scene.

So I end up of the opinion that sure, it's easy enough to 'resurrect' Angelica, but it serves no purpose unless you take the much more dissonant step of also reversing her slide towards death... so why do it at the cost of what is in my opinion best scene in the whole first season?
Old 2007-12-26, 13:16   Link #113
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
so why do it at the cost of what is in my opinion best scene in the whole first season?

Well,it's not the same team at all so maybe they just don't care what impact it has on the first season.

Basicly,i'm going to keep both shows separate,after all,the official title is "gunslinger girl il teatrino" nothing says you have to look at one show being the continuation of the other.
They're two different adaptations of the same manga by different people,two different series,so since it's two different series,there doesn't have to be any continuity.
Basicly,in the first anime,i'll always consider angelica dead,even if she's alive in "il teatrino".

Does that make sense lol?
Old 2007-12-26, 18:08   Link #114
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Official site updated :-

http://www.gunslingergirl.com/

With anime chara design for season 2 up.

I don't like to admit it, but the chara feels way off when compared to season 1.

And Summary for Ep 1:-

イタリア首相府が秘密裏に設立した超法規的諜報機関、社会福祉公社。
そこでは担当官と義体と呼ばれる公社が開発したサイボーグが兄妹(フラテッロ)
と呼ばれるペアになって、暗殺を始めとする裏の任務を行っていた。
ある日、ローマ市内で行われていた市民デモに便乗する爆弾テロが発生。
付近を警戒中だったジョゼ・ヘンリエッタ組とジャン・リコ組のフラテッロは、
政府に敵対する五共和国派の犯行であることをすばやく察知し、犯人を追跡。
駆けつけたヒルシャー・トリエラ組、作戦2課員らとともに速やかにテロリストを制圧した。
任務を忠実にこなす義体たち。「条件付け」された彼女たちは、
命令とあれば殺人へのためらいは一切ないのだった。その晩の公社。
ジョゼの留守中に、ヘンリエッタはジョゼの部屋で自分へのプレゼント
を偶然見つけ箱を開けてしまう。
プレゼントに刻まれた他の女性の名前を見てショックを受けたヘンリエッタは・・・・・

Translation :-
The social welfare agency, a top secret bureau formed by the Italian government, housed, developed and trained cybores and their caretakers. Together the pair are knowned as "fratello" once sent on assasination missons.

On this day, in Rome, an act of terrorism occured with the use of a civilian vehical as a bomb. The fratello pair consisiting of Jose and Henrietta togther with Jean and Rico, who's on standby, was sent immediatly to deal with the PRF, prime suspect for the incident.

The Hilshire-Triela pair, already on the field, togther with Special Ops, Section 2, managed to subdue the Terror suspects before all the rest did. The girls, subjected to Conditioning, remains faithful to the mission and did not hesitat to kill the suspects on the spot

That night, at the agency, Henrietta sneakes into Jose's room when he is out, to find a present he had left around. She takes a peek into the box out of curiosity and sees a femiline name that's not her's......

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2007-12-26 at 18:29.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:45   Link #115
Deathbringer_37

Quote:
I don't like to admit it, but the chara feels way off when compared to season 1.
It´s much closer to the original manga art, in which it´s facial detail are more simple. But this is good for me since i prefer the manga art style. What strikes me as weird though is that they changed Angelica´s hair color.

I´m still very cautious about the series though, i just hope this is well animated like the first season (Which was top notch in that department) and the Soundtrack was also perfect, it was so sad and had so much to the mood that i think this one won´t be as emotional. I hope the guy that´s in charge is also as good as the original.

Quote:
Limited edition includes three-bromide set and bonus disc with Italian travel footage, creditless outro theme, and character music video (Henrietta).
Wow, sounds pretty sweet.
Deathbringer_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:18   Link #116
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well,it's not the same team at all so maybe they just don't care what impact it has on the first season.

Basicly,i'm going to keep both shows separate,after all,the official title is "gunslinger girl il teatrino" nothing says you have to look at one show being the continuation of the other.
They're two different adaptations of the same manga by different people,two different series,so since it's two different series,there doesn't have to be any continuity.
Basicly,in the first anime,i'll always consider angelica dead,even if she's alive in "il teatrino".

Does that make sense lol?
Aye. I'll just give it the same treatment I'm giving Neon Genesis Evangelion. Even though the anime and the manga have their differences, both are considered as canon. Similarly, we could just take the different adaptations of GsG as valid "what if" scenarios.

Regarding the character designs, I actually prefer those from the first season. The girls look rather thin this time and the handlers don't look too good either.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:50   Link #117
meh

Gunslinger Girl is one of those anime/manga that I just like... but can't point to a specific reason. Nothing stands out about it, really. But does everything pretty well, and just good entertainment.

If what I'm reading here is true and the 2nd season is going to focus on Triela v. Pinochio... that would definitely be awesome.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:54   Link #118
dfens

Wow if I wasn't such a huge fan I wouldn't watch season 2 the new look blows. I'll still buy it when it comes out. I waited nearlly 4 years for this. What the hell happended? Did they have a smaller budget or outsourced this crap to china?

After checking out the website and all the characters, I'm pretty sure it's a direct continuation of the first season just a weaker look.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 09:21   Link #119
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I approve of the changes to the girls' faces, in S1 they looked kind of flat and shiny (doll-like, really, which might have been some kind of thematic statement) and basically way worse than every other object on screen.

Of the adults... Jean looks right to me, but Giuseppe doesn't have his tired look anymore, definitely worse than S1.

That covers the girls and the handlers... now what about the third leg of Gunslinger Girl, the guns? The detail on Henrietta's P90 in the first ep. always amazed me, that'll be hard to match.
Old 2007-12-27, 11:01   Link #120
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Wow if I wasn't such a huge fan I wouldn't watch season 2 the new look blows. I'll still buy it when it comes out. I waited nearlly 4 years for this. What the hell happended? Did they have a smaller budget or outsourced this crap to china?

After checking out the website and all the characters, I'm pretty sure it's a direct continuation of the first season just a weaker look.
Actually I think a new team was put in charge of the production. Which means new character designs, voice actors, and animators...I personally would've liked them to get the original back but at least I get my season 2.

Tags
action, loli, seinen