Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
the Count of Montecristo from Gankutsuo =D
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:30   Link #102
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
the Count of Montecristo from Gankutsuo =D
No way, Edmund Dantes is no villain. You get the wrong perception. The idiots that he killed were the villains.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 01:06   Link #103
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Favorite Villains

Hey guys, some of us have favorite bad guys/girls right? Tell us, who is/are your favorite villains?

Mine are:

Muraki from Yami no Matsue
Soi from Fushigi Yuugi
Shouan (male) and Shan An (female) from Cooking Master Boy
Metal Face from B't X.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 10:44   Link #104
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Konan from Naruto in the Akatsuki....You know though...I feel that the Akatsuki arn't really evil...they just have goals and are willing to do anything to get it...like the Dark Jedi on Star Wars XD...but anywho...She can turn to paper! how cool is that?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 22:29   Link #105
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin would be the first villian I've liked. He had the charisma to make a really good villian, and by far was the best one in the series.

The Major from Hellsing would also be one of my favorites for just being entertaining, in a way. He's just a guy who wants to wage war on everything with a smile on his face, very fun to watch.

Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon. They're sadistic, and at the same time disturbingly cute, though I still don't know what's their real genders. And add twincest for some fun.

Just for an honorary mention, the best non-anime villian is the Joker
from Batman.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 03:06   Link #106
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Sephiroth. Wait, is this technically anime? Well, now it is. The ultimate evil, regardless.

Orochimaru. Damn, that guy's evil. Not to mention pale. True evil is defined as never seeing the light of day, thus no tan whatsoever.

....Can't think of anymore, atm. I'm sure I will, though. Eventually.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:29   Link #107
hideFan

"Ramune" - Knights of Ramune & 40 FRESH - Hes super psychotic and super perverted... Whats not to like?

Purilune - Magical Play - She was a total bitch, and gave up everything to be the leader of a nation. Not sure if she would really be considered a 'villain' or not, but she added the needed story to elevate MP from being just another comedy, to a comedy with a dark side.

Dark Valkyrie - UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie 2 - Great character in my opinion. I loved how they warped her into something you would never expect unless you paid very close attention.

And some you might not classify as a 'villain', but who are still not on the side of good exactly:

Amniboshi - Fushigi Yugi - He tricked them into believing that he was Celestial Warrior (Despite the audience knowing it was a trick all along due to the op theme). He got 'killed' and then came back to be even more disturbing... but at least he wasnt super annoying, as another 'boshi' from the show we all know >.>

Xellos - Slayers (Next; Try; Premium) - He's sent them on wild goose chases, destroyed priceless artifacts he helped them obtain, and tried to kill a certain golden dragon on several occasions, but I cant help but love him. Sure he may ~seem~ to have good intentions, but when he's working for a powerful monster, he cant really be classified as a hero.

Scheris - s-CRY-ed - In an anime with seemingly no bad guys for the longest time, they had to make due. They did this by showing two opposing sides, both with a good cause. Scheris just happened to be on the side opposing the 'main' character, thus she's in some weird in-between category. She was a little bossy, but I cried for her in the last few episodes =(

Naga the Serpent - Slayers (OVAs, Movies) - Once again not a very villainous person, but she -is- Lina's self-proclaimed arch rival, thus she falls into this category. Who cant love Naga?... Well Probably someone who thinks she looks like a skank and has the most annoying laugh on the face of the planet, but her odd sense of humor and knack for finding ways to piss Lina off have made me grown to love her... and her annoying laugh.
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:33   Link #108
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Kuze and Gouda from GitS: 2nd SAC would be my choice for best villain in that sense. Both character were the main plot mover of the 2nd season, their philosophy behind their act of villainy were sound and believable. Neither were "cool" but they manage to maintain their importance to the story.

Most villains in any story usually carried out blatant anarchistic act/personality in order to paint em as the antagonist but for Kuze and Gouda, there's always a motive behind each act and always contribute to the greater goal.
That was my initial thought as well, although I would have probably expressed it with less eloquence than displayed here. I'll add "Great villains, great show" and call it my own.

As for pure evil, malevolent bastard, Chief Kakuzawa from Elfen Lied is pretty far up there.

And yes, Sephiroth is also one of the most interesting bad guys out there, I mean, he's in FF7, what more do you need?
Old 2007-10-04, 22:23   Link #109
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

whoa i dont know about the best villain, but maybe i can pick some
- gin - bleach
- itachi - naruto
- hecate - shakugan no shana
- raww le kreuze - gundam seed
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:23   Link #110
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Favorite antagonists in anime

When there are protagonists in anime, they also have their antagonists. Antagonists are opposite of the protagonists. An antagonist doesn't have to be a bad villain. An antagonist has to oppose the protagonist. An antagonist can be a rival or enemy of the protagonist.

Takako Itsukushima (Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru)- She has a bad side to her. She tried to undermine Mizuho's credibility as the elder and also attempted to punish Kana for wearing a large pink ribbon that is against the school regulations. Takako is cruel but I don't think she is really bad,

Mitsuki Hayase (Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien): She is the antagonist while her best friend poor Haruka is the protagonist. Her bad deed? stealing Haruka's boyfriend. While I do not sympathize with her actions, I like her for her cute appearance and outward personality. I also am quite satisfied that Takayuki decided to reconcile with Mitsuki instead.

Chouji Suitengu (Speed Grapher)- is a very interesting villain who worked patiently methodically to reach his goals of revenge. On the inside, he is wretched and miserable. On the outside he is ruthless, shrewd and powerful. I like his sinister and meticulous attitude. I feel sorry for him upon watching his tragic origin.

The vice-principal from I My Me Strawberry Eggs. I gotta love her bitchy misandristic attitude.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:31   Link #111
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Alexander Anderson, of Hellsing.

Because it's fun to kill people with cement pavers.
Old 2008-01-28, 01:50   Link #112
tbl
Affably Evil

L - Easy. I can't really think of any others.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:55   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Char Aznable: For insane character growth, redefining the anime antagonist as something deeper than just being evil for the sake of it, his charisma, endless dedication to his goals (he's even willing to sacrifice a friend because he happens to be part of the family he's sworn to kill) and dare I say his handsome gentlemanly disposition.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 02:07   Link #114
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
Mitsuki Hayase (Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien): She is the antagonist while her best friend poor Haruka is the protagonist. Her bad deed? stealing Haruka's boyfriend. While I do not sympathize with her actions, I like her for her cute appearance and outward personality. I also am quite satisfied that Takayuki decided to reconcile with Mitsuki instead.
I don't think that she is the antagonist. For one thing, she ends up with the guy in the end. That would make her the protagonist and Haruka the antagonist from the story's perspective. However, I don't think of any of the girls being protagonist/antagonist for that matter. I can only say that Takayuki is clearly the protagonist of the show and the two girls have a roughly equal status. The only thing that might be different is who he ends up with, which depends on which game route they decide to follow (i.e. in the new OVA, Haruka is the one who ends up with him).

Anyways, to answer your question, there are many antagonists that I like. There is Athrun from SEED(who starts out as the antagonist), Ryuho from Scryed, L from Death Note, Hisoka and the Genei Ryodan from HxH, Keith from Towards the Terra, Mihawk from One Piece, Kaiba from Yugioh, Gilgamesh from F/SN and many others.

I generally tend to like the silent, powerful, arrogant enemy archetype and the way he initially crushes the lame protagonist with ease(even though I know he's bound to either lose or become a good guy in the end(sometimes both)).
Old 2008-01-28, 02:36   Link #115
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
No, her bad deed was causing Takayuki to be late for his date with Haruka. If he had been on time, they would have been gone by the time the car crashed, so she wouldn't have been hurt. Thus things would have played out much differently.

You can't really blame her for stealing the boyfriend of her comatose friend. It's not like Haruka could have realisticly be expected to ever wake up. You can fault her for being a bit responsible in the first place though.

I remember having almost this exact same discussion in the KimiNozo forum when the series had just finished airing. I was probably a bit harder on Mitsuki then though.
Old 2008-01-28, 03:09   Link #116
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'll cheat and say Syaoran Li as my favorite antagonist. Well, at least he's an antagonist for the first two seasons.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:12   Link #117
4Tran

Quote:
When there are protagonists in anime, they also have their antagonists. Antagonists are opposite of the protagonists. An antagonist doesn't have to be a bad villain. An antagonist has to oppose the protagonist. An antagonist can be a rival or enemy of the protagonist.
Quite true. In fact, antagonists don't have to be villains at all - for example, if the protagonist was a villain, the antagnoist can be the hero. By the way, I question your choice of calling Mitsuki in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien the antagonist. The protagonist of that show is Takayuki, and Mitsuki can in no way be considered in opposition to him.

For a couple of my choices:
Yang Wen-li in Legend of Galactic Heroes: While Reinhard von Lohengramm is the protagonist of the show, Yang Wen-li is the more interesting and likable of the two. His self-deprecation and cheerfulness serve as a nice offset to the otherwise grim mood of the show, and it goes a long way towards making it an entertaining watch.

Akio Ohtori in Revolutionary Girl Uten: He is the villain of the piece, the victim of the piece, and even one of the heroes. Nothing is as it seems at Ohtori Academy, and Akio is the epitome of this principle. While he may seem like a pretty straight-forward villain; in the end, he's a remarkably sophisticated and multi-faceted character that lies at the heart of the show. Oh, and he also has sex with basically the entire cast, female and male - I don't think that any other non-hentai character has done that.
Old 2008-01-28, 03:14   Link #118
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
four characters come into my mind immediately for this:

Shishio Makoto, from Rurouni Kenshin
Saito Hajime, also from Rurouni Kenshin
Johann Liebert, from Monster
and The Count, from Gankutsuou
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:32   Link #119
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Quite true. In fact, antagonists don't have to be villains at all - for example, if the protagonist was a villain, the antagnoist can be the hero. By the way, I question your choice of calling Mitsuki in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien the antagonist. The protagonist of that show is Takayuki, and Mitsuki can in no way be considered in opposition to him.
Spoiler for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, don't read if you haven't watched it yet.:
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:42   Link #120
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

L from Death Note is the most bad ass antagonist that you'll find
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote