Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 02:09   Link #1321
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I might be insulting people on this forum, but I have a feeling the majority(not all!) of people on this forum are nowhere near in shape. I took several years off after injuring my dominant leg real badly from football, and not playing sports or working out over several years, really weakened me. It took a few months to get everything going again, and then I had to stay ontop of it or I'd slip up. How many people here can run 2-5 miles straight without slowing down? How many people can lug more than 30 lbs any length of distance? How about climbing ropes/poles up 20+ feet?

Just something to think about..
I'm probably the least in shape person on the East Coast. And that's saying a lot, considering all the white collar workers I live near....

Now I could lug 30~ pounds a considerable distance (college books STILL the bane of my existence, though), but I can't run more than a mile because of my asthma. I only have problems when I do cardio exercises, but it's still a factor nonetheless.

Climbing ropes and poles.... maybe. But if I'm carrying more than 20 pounds, probably not.

So you see, I try to tailor my advice to people like myself.... not unhealthy but at the same time not exactly athelete-fitness level. So yeah. I try to think conservatively when it comes to limitations.
Old 2010-09-08, 02:57   Link #1322
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This thread just gets weirder and weirder everytime I come back to it...

Personally, I don't think anyone would escape a Zombie Apocalypse. You can't beat death, and Zombies are quite literally shuffling incarnations of Death. Sure, many humans may survive for years, maybe even generations. But, if whatever keeps the Zombies alive continues through those generations, then slowly but surely all will die (and then the zombies will finally die off once there are no humans left...or they will evolve).

Sorry to be so bleak, but if the dead really do rise, then Hope will be the first one to jump off the Empire State building, right into the horde of Zombies below…

Now that I've destroyed the mood, let's hear how guns and fitness will save the day .
Zombies are actually the least of my worries. It's the other human beings I fear more. When things go bad, their true colors start coming out. And since man is not inherently good... Well, I'm expecting a lot of bad people to be out there. Zombies won't be causing my death, Zombie Acopalypse or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm probably the least in shape person on the East Coast. And that's saying a lot, considering all the white collar workers I live near....

Now I could lug 30~ pounds a considerable distance (college books STILL the bane of my existence, though), but I can't run more than a mile because of my asthma. I only have problems when I do cardio exercises, but it's still a factor nonetheless.

Climbing ropes and poles.... maybe. But if I'm carrying more than 20 pounds, probably not.

So you see, I try to tailor my advice to people like myself.... not unhealthy but at the same time not exactly athelete-fitness level. So yeah. I try to think conservatively when it comes to limitations.
Knowing your current limits is half the battle. The other half is surpassing them. One thing humans excel at, surpassing our barriers.
Old 2010-09-08, 04:09   Link #1323
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
....No comment, but it does look like a devil, plus it looks like a righteous pain in the ass to clean.
It's a Kalashnikov, you don't need to clean those...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 05:55   Link #1324
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question

how in shape are you?

as for me i still practice my table tennis skill every 2 days

i can carry 25kg of weight and still able to run for 43mins (tested it on an oval course)

yes i have a flabby belly but i maintain my weight at 180 lbs and it because i love eating rice rather than meat

id rather have a soda (Mountain dew FTW!!) than coffee

i only eat twice daily since i dont eat breakfast

so am i healthy or am i a dead weight for the team?
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 11:21   Link #1325
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question

how in shape are you?

as for me i still practice my table tennis skill every 2 days

i can carry 25kg of weight and still able to run for 43mins (tested it on an oval course)

yes i have a flabby belly but i maintain my weight at 180 lbs and it because i love eating rice rather than meat

id rather have a soda (Mountain dew FTW!!) than coffee

i only eat twice daily since i dont eat breakfast

so am i healthy or am i a dead weight for the team?
You'll be the first to die... j/k j/k

it will be difficult to supply you with enough mountain dew to get by in the long term. Water is eventually going to be all of our drinks' of choice...

That reminds me. I need to stock up on kool-aid and lemonade mix. Anything to make water not so boring to drink...
Old 2010-09-08, 11:52   Link #1326
james0246

^You could always make some tea .

Honestly, it's not the Zombie behind you that you are running from that you should fear, but rather the one right around the corner that you do not see because you are looking over your shoulder at the zombie you are running away from.

Consequently, groups, ammo, and armored vehicles matter more than most physical fitness (and realistically, a great pair of sturdy jeans, a thick coat of some sort, gloves, a helmet of some sort and some thick boots are greater than most combat armor, so the equipment you will carry need not be too heavy, just aforementioned clothing, a few weapons, with the supplies stationed in the "tank"). And if you are currently a little overweight to almost obese, the stress and physical activity of the Zombie Apocalypse will help shed those extra pounds in a hurry.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 11:59   Link #1327
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
It's a Kalashnikov, you don't need to clean those...

I think you still have to. Monthly.

Dip a cloth in motor oil and yank through the barrel and chamber. That should do.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:04   Link #1328
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can live off any type of food or drink (so long as it doesnt make me sick for some reason) taste or not I'll scarf it if its the only thing to eat

I weight 130 with a bit of a bear gut if ive eaten too much, I'm not sure if i can carry a lot while running but i work outside and carry a weedwacker for hours straight and not be tired from carrying it. Only to stop if I get too sweaty

I'm always the one who slips threw tight places if needed, like narrow opening in fences or hardly opened windows. I know how to wield/swing many melee weapons specialy swords and I can handle a gun as well as any average person.

I'm sure I'd survive quite well, that is if their not the fast crazy ones that can jump fences and shit =\ and I'm not about to follow anyone who doesn't know what their doing or hurt my chances of survival. specialy not sane ones... No helping Children under the age of 8 or adults older than 80. If they look like a Prick/jerk I'll let them die, no 50/50 chances with me. Its either YES IT WILL or NO IT WONT. and for what ever reason someone wants to make a rash quick desision and expect me to follow without hesitation, Good luck on your own ^_^
Old 2010-09-08, 17:57   Link #1329
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^You could always make some tea .

Honestly, it's not the Zombie behind you that you are running from that you should fear, but rather the one right around the corner that you do not see because you are looking over your shoulder at the zombie you are running away from.

Consequently, groups, ammo, and armored vehicles matter more than most physical fitness (and realistically, a great pair of sturdy jeans, a thick coat of some sort, gloves, a helmet of some sort and some thick boots are greater than most combat armor, so the equipment you will carry need not be too heavy, just aforementioned clothing, a few weapons, with the supplies stationed in the "tank"). And if you are currently a little overweight to almost obese, the stress and physical activity of the Zombie Apocalypse will help shed those extra pounds in a hurry.
I'm not a tea or coffee drinker so that's pretty much out. I'd rather have straight tap water.

I'm too busy looking at where I'm going to spend my time looking behind me. I've got a weak leg I have to look out for, and if it hits something the wrong way, my running is over for awhile... Again, bring on the slow moving zombies. It's the fast ones I'm more worried about(We need bigger guns! And more ammo!).

Odds are most groups are not going to be able to acquire armored vehicles. Most likely people will have to make do with what they can find along the way. Which is why I'm sticking with the Chevy/GMC Tahoe for all around purpose vehicle. It's enclosed, can carry people and supplies(even towing trailers full of supplies), gets decent gas mileage, is reliable, etc.

If you're obese, unless you lock yourself up somewhere, you won't live long. Come on didn't you see Zombieland?
Old 2010-09-08, 19:04   Link #1330
Lost Cause

I was running 3 miles a day, but due to my pregnancy I'm down to one.
I go to the gym weekly; aerobics, zumba(thanks Luna91) and akido.
I go to the gun range bi-weekly, and practice "pistolcraft" a term used at Gunsite shooting school in Arizona. I went there several years ago.
I'm 6ft tall, weigh 120lbs. And have no problem killing whatevers in my way!!
Vehicle is a '07 Jeep Liberty.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 20:54   Link #1331
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Come on didn't you see Zombieland?
It's time to nut up or shut up.

I'm training for the ADF so I'm running ten kilometres at pace then fifty push ups and one hundred sit ups then a final four kilometres back home at a slower pace.

And I've only lost like two fucking kilos and I've been doing that particular run for two weeks so far.

I'm 184 cm tall and one hundred and five kilos and built like a brick shit house.

Even if I brought my body fat down to one percent I'd still weigh eighty five kilos.

My ideal weight is ninety.

Starvation diet... now!

Old 2010-09-08, 21:04   Link #1332
justinstrife

Quote:
It's time to nut up or shut up.

I'm training for the ADF so I'm running ten kilometres at pace then fifty push ups and one hundred sit ups then a final four kilometres back home at a slower pace.

And I've only lost like two fucking kilos and I've been doing that particular run for two weeks so far.

I'm 184 cm tall and one hundred and five kilos and built like a brick shit house.

Even if I brought my body fat down to one percent I'd still weigh eighty five kilos.

My ideal weight is ninety.

Starvation diet... now!
Muscle weighs more than fat. Weight isn't the most important factor in how healthy or what kind of shape you are in. So as you get stronger, you might find your weight increasing instead of decreasing, depending on what you started with.
Old 2010-09-08, 21:12   Link #1333
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I know but the ADF knocked me back on a BMI reading which doesn't take muscle into affect.

So I have to lose about ten kilos to be classed as "healthy" by the military's standard.

According to their BMI reading, the healthy weight range for my height and age is like sixty to seventy kilograms...

I asked the doctor if he wanted to cut one leg off indefinitely or just knock both off at the knees to reach that because I thought it was bullshit.

Old 2010-09-08, 21:58   Link #1334
Lost Cause

"nut up or shut up" I definetly agree! But I prefer Bruce Willis' line from 'Tears of the Sun' "Its time for you to cowboy the fuck up!" Besides how many of you guys want to admit that a girl can out run you?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 22:04   Link #1335
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Don't I'm impressed with your three miles, Linda. When I started running I struggled to get past seven hundred metres.

And what's three miles? Like just under five kilometres?

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2010-09-08 at 22:19.
Old 2010-09-08, 23:16   Link #1336
ZeKeR
Superbad

though i quit training, i build the only thing that i had for a natural affinity... STRENGTH.

limit i can run is only 1 and a half km.
i rarely strain when carrying heavy loads.

and LC... i HOPE you dont have a kid when you can run like that. seriously... if you do, i will go down range and shoot an m16a2 ONE HAND in epic NOOOOO!!!

the kalashnikov series were noted for their ruggedness and i think it was seldom for you to clean a 47. also... the OC-14 Groza was designed an SMG. and guys... CAN YOU EVEN SHOOT THAT THING WHEN IT ONLY HAS ONE GRIP WHICH IS THE PISTOL GRIP?!
Old 2010-09-08, 23:41   Link #1337
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
the kalashnikov series were noted for their ruggedness and i think it was seldom for you to clean a 47. also... the OC-14 Groza was designed an SMG. and guys... CAN YOU EVEN SHOOT THAT THING WHEN IT ONLY HAS ONE GRIP WHICH IS THE PISTOL GRIP?!
The Groza is just an AKM in a bull pup configuration in either 7.62x39mm WP or 9x39mm but I don't think it's even possible to call that 9mm cartridge that of a submachine gun.

And it has a foregrip. Just in front of the trigger guard. The more famous variation of the OC-14 has a built in GP-25/30 and you simply use the grenade launcher as the foregrip.

Possibly my favourite Russian firearm after the VSS.

Old 2010-09-09, 00:56   Link #1338
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
The Groza is just an AKM in a bull pup configuration in either 7.62x39mm WP or 9x39mm but I don't think it's even possible to call that 9mm cartridge that of a submachine gun.

And it has a foregrip. Just in front of the trigger guard. The more famous variation of the OC-14 has a built in GP-25/30 and you simply use the grenade launcher as the foregrip.

its said default configuration was for the 7.62x39 and the other mod was for the 9x39. you remove that forward barrel and i dunno if you can blast that one hand
Old 2010-09-09, 02:58   Link #1339
LMF

Well, I got mo-ped and pack of food...

Let's see....

cheese, ham, lectuce, tomatos, bacon....

We can make a BLT, want one?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 05:23   Link #1340
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Sometimes I really wonder why many countries opt for bullpup firearms. If it is a high caliber marksmanship weapon (DMR, Precision rifle or sniper), I don't mind, but putting an assault rifle in that configuration is as good as telling the soldier that he would kill more people with a suicide grenade charge.

It is an idiot built. Seriously, I wielded the SAR-21 and the M16 Carbine Mod, the carbine is easier to bring to bear, reload and quick aim; the SAR-21 requires one to adjust into a firing stance with all the focus directed down the scope - it is difficult to ascertain the surrounding while on high alert.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies