Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 12:18   Link #1341
halibonga

lol at the choices given to tatsumi:
1. Spend some time on this island, just the two of em
2. Find a way bak to the capital and live there happily ever after
3. push her down

poor guy cant catch a break (or should i say LUCKY guy)
which one would u choose?
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:32   Link #1342
OverSeer
Inactive Member

are we allowed to have multiple picks??
if so

I pick 1 and 3 and 2 later after we are "done"
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:31   Link #1343
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

haha. I agree with OverSeer. How about picking all of them since the situations are all possible.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:30   Link #1344
supermegasonic

damn edise needs to stop playing vn's.
Old 2012-07-24, 00:14   Link #1345
Shadow5YA

Chapter 27 is scanlated. Looks like Tatsumi understands how deeply rooted Esdeses' beliefs are, so he's given up trying to win her over.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:24   Link #1346
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Chapter 27 is scanlated. Looks like Tatsumi understands how deeply rooted Esdeses' beliefs are, so he's given up trying to win her over.
Kind of funny since well he hasn't noticed, it's only been visible to the readers, but he's had a huge effect on her as it is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:27   Link #1347
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 27 is out.

Summary in general.

-It deals with Esdese's past. Turns out her mind-set came from her father who was the head of a Clan monster hunters in the hostile areas north of the Empire. Apparently it was shared belief in the group.
-It seems the Clan was destroyed and pillage by Northern Tribes from earlier chapters.
-Esdese's Teigu Demon's Extract is actually in her body and it came from a Danger Beast that used live around the Northern areas. It has characteristics of making it's users go mad, but she conquered due to her overwhelmingly powerful will.
-The scarred guy revealed that he is indeed the Prime Minister's son and he aims to surpass his father because he respects him.
-Sadly Tatsumi feels he can't change Esdese, at least though words because her Ego is too strong.
- It also seems he has warmed up to her quite a bit.

EDIT: Whoops, people already posted.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:56   Link #1348
Ddraig

So we find out that her Teigu is in her blood. This might be interesting cuz Akame muramasa might not be able to kill her with its poison.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 01:03   Link #1349
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Kind of funny since well he hasn't noticed, it's only been visible to the readers, but he's had a huge effect on her as it is.
He notices that she likes him and longs for him, but that much is obvious even to him because of how assertive she is. There still isn't any progress on her morals.

Still, I suppose you are right. At least she is human now instead of a killing machine. Her father noted how there was something off or "missing" about her character. With Jaegar and Tatsumi, she is finally able to do things other than killing.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 01:11   Link #1350
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
So we find out that her Teigu is in her blood. This might be interesting cuz Akame muramasa might not be able to kill her with its poison.
I'm sure Murasame will still work on her regardless. The living target just needs to have some sort vital organ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He notices that she likes him and longs for him, but that much is obvious even to him because of how assertive she is. There still isn't any progress on her morals.

Still, I suppose you are right. At least she is human now instead of a killing machine. Her father noted how there was something off or "missing" about her character. With Jaegar and Tatsumi, she is finally able to do things other than killing.
Actually, I think the thing she's missing is what Tatsumi (and Jaegers) is current filling bit by bit anyway.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:24   Link #1351
Mentar
Banned

Let's get our chapterly disagreement out of the way

[Soji pointing to the "likely as enemies" giving-up-to-change-her line, Mentar pointing out that they WERE enemies before and Tatsumi is now clearly feeling sadness and regret over their separation]

There, wasn't that efficient?

Hands up who thinks that this chapter is supposed to be the end of Tatsumi's and Esdese's path together, and that they're now (now?) merely going to kill each other.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:44   Link #1352
kfcpanda

So who here is glad at least to find out that the scene with the Prime Minister's son wasn't NTR, it was just some other chick that isn't Esdese
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:46   Link #1353
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Hands up who thinks that this chapter is supposed to be the end of Tatsumi's and Esdese's path together, and that they're now (now?) merely going to kill each other.
I think they'll get emotional for at least one chapter... or one clash of blades before Esdesse instantly thinks that he's an enemy.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:51   Link #1354
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I rather doubt it, especially considering how Tatsumi felt in this chapter. I do expect they will probably fight for a bit. I never expected for her to be so easy to change anyway.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:52   Link #1355
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Esdes will never ever be able to completely harden her heart to tatsumi -_- That's just the way these stories roll

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:53   Link #1356
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let's get our chapterly disagreement out of the way

[Soji pointing to the "likely as enemies" giving-up-to-change-her line, Mentar pointing out that they WERE enemies before and Tatsumi is now clearly feeling sadness and regret over their separation]

There, wasn't that efficient?

There'd be no point in making this plot device if it were to be a simple killing after this. At the very least, she'll hesitate which would then most likely be the cause of her own death.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:58   Link #1357
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

ummm... For some reason, I'm not pleased with the recent developments. I fear for Esdese's safety now that the author revealed her background story. I hope these are just fake-death flags...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 03:56   Link #1358
Soji

Mentar @ I think you misunderstood how Tatsumi feel /feeling in this ch. There is sadness? Yes there is. There is regret ? Yes there is even this. There is Pity? Yes there is.
But while Tatsumi do feel like this he not feel the way that most people want. (and I think the ch was pretty clear on this and other thing as well....at least that I not stupid.)But in all honestly i really not care anymore. I just sit back and enjoy the story.

Anyway the ch sure was interesting with answer many question .So that blood it's from a dangerous beast at the lv of the Tyran (more or less) .Anyway will be really interesting see where the story go from here on out.

Also ,anybody know if ch 28 it's out or some spoiler?

Last edited by Soji; 2012-07-24 at 05:50.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 04:24   Link #1359
Mentar
Banned

I see no death flags at all, unless the author decides to let the show become a full tragedy. A chance for that does exist, but I really don't think so anymore.

From my point of view, chapter 27 strongly reinforces my conviction that we're right on the Esdese path, and that a possible underlying theme of the story becomes visible. So, if you do subscribe my the view that Takahiro will write the storyline like he would in a VN (Soji disclaimer), consider this:

1) At the beginning, Tatsumi was merely scared sh*tless about Gestapo-chan. Look at c27 p36 (Batoto) and tell me that this is merely a feeling of "indebtedness". Then look at p40 and tell me that this mirror-like setup doesn't hold any special meaning.

2) I feel that an important theme of this manga is to show that mere righteous fighting doesn't solve anything. And that revenge only perpetuates tragedy. Both Night Raid and Esdese's troops have decent people on their side who are pitted against each other, causing the death of people who shouldn't have died in the first place. This cycle of violence (and this story) cannot end realistically with merely one side winning. It's to stop.

3) A second important theme which I feel coming up more and more strongly is this: People are made and shaped by their experiences - but can they change? This chapter explained how Esdese became what she is now, and Tatsumi is now convinced "She can't change". I believe that he is wrong, and this is what the story is about, especially in conjunction with point 2) - to stop the bloodshed and escape the cycle, she will HAVE to change. And so will the Night Raids, too, by the way.

The other story points are also developing along these lines:

- The PM's son is clearly planning not to merely supplant Esdese with the PM, like I thought after last chapter. He's trying to usurp the PM's position, which puts him at odds with Gestapo-chan even more directly.

- I'd expect that the next time Esdese and Tatsumi meet, she will learn the truth. I also expect them to fight, with Esdese not bringing it over herself to kill him (even though she probably will have the chance to do so). The result will either be a standoff or maybe even a loss for her side, which is going to cause her inner turmoil. Has she become "weak"? It will also damage her position in the government and widen the crack.

- If my hunch is correct, I'd expect Tatsumi - after being reunited with Night Raid - to be placed in a position where he will question whether what he's ordered to do as NR is the "right" thing to do. We'll see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 04:59   Link #1360
ShiroiRyu

I really hope she will understand.
I really want that.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!