AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-07-19, 09:09   Link #121
dragon1412

I don't agree with not sharing the suspect information, the whole point is to learn why he did commit those crime and made sure that he is punished for it, And how to stop those from occuring again in the future. Ignore the information about the suspect is no different from turning your eyes away from reality, and most of the time, rarely suspect want just attentions. He need to be known and prosecuted by the public, and the public deserve to know about the criminal who commit this horrendous act and see the punishment he deserve

EDIT : Bad news is coming, the dead counts is now 34 :https://twitter.com/livedoornews/sta...16051242827777 . I hope this is the end of it, those who still alive will overcome this
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 09:17   Link #122
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I believe what they meant about not sharing suspect information was more about his identity and by extention, possibly his relative information and precise past.
The victims and the public have the right to know and understand why the crime was committed, but past that, it is up to the legal system to deal with them. Such critical information can drag other people who bear absolutely no responsibility to this tragedy, such as the relatives or people with the same name.
Old 2019-07-19, 09:21   Link #123
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I believe what they meant about not sharing suspect information was more about his identity and by extention, possibly his relative information and precise past.
The victims and the public have the right to know and understand why the crime was committed, but past that, it is up to the legal system to deal with them. Such critical information can drag other people who bear absolutely no responsibility to this tragedy, such as the relatives or people with the same name.
True, i whole heartedly agree with this
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 09:21   Link #124
Dextro
He Without a Title

Glad to hear that that post was wrong and that those particular individuals are safe apparently. Still a brutal incident overall. Still have no words for the shock.

Quote:
I agree. We really have no need to know much more for now. Let us let the police and prosecutors to do their job and then the courts to judge him fairly. We'll get all the details then. For now its best to just hope for the best for the victims (and as soon as we can find a way to help to do so as much as we can).
Old 2019-07-19, 11:11   Link #125
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

At this point, amid questions about whether KyoAni can recover from this devastating loss, I would say that the company has no choice but to carry on, no matter what. They have to, for the sake of those whose lives had been so cruelly, so senselessly cut short.

But for now, I can only hope that the survivors get all the care and support they can get to make it through this horrible act of mass murder.

The murderer, be he deranged or not, wanted to destroy Kyoto Animation. He must not be allowed this satisfaction.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 11:51   Link #126
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The culprit intention should not matter at all. Considering the heavy losses and what kind of trauma the survivors went through, I believe it is unreasonable to believe they -have- to carry on.
If they believe they can, it will be great, but if it is the end of the studio, so be it. I think it would be the most cruel request for them to "bounce back", because the extent of the damage may be way too dire.
Old 2019-07-19, 13:10   Link #127
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
On other news, Makoto Shinkai tweeted his condolences about the tragedy, but anime saviour Yamakan was spotted replying him with "shut up will you". He has since been tweeted back to shut the hell up himself by various netizens.
Yamakan is such a snowflake; he reported my tweet like a whining girl after I called him out on Twitter. Some people are so despicable that they should be banned from social media altogether, especially when they can't take the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I don't agree with not sharing the suspect information, the whole point is to learn why he did commit those crime and made sure that he is punished for it, And how to stop those from occuring again in the future. Ignore the information about the suspect is no different from turning your eyes away from reality, and most of the time, rarely suspect want just attentions. He need to be known and prosecuted by the public, and the public deserve to know about the criminal who commit this horrendous act and see the punishment he deserve
This. Considering that we have had a very deadly arson crime in the past and now this, we need the investigation to be both thorough and public so new safety recommendations would eventually come up. But even beyond safety measures against fire, one must also question how effective (or not) police surveillance was in detecting signs IF the culprit had sent death threats, had posted specific comments on social media, and has a criminal record.

As for the criminal himself, mentally unstable or not, he deserves to be forced into a public walk of shame before his likely execution. That's all I will say about him.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 13:42   Link #128
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The culprit criminal record hardly suggested his profile could escalate to such crime, moreso that unless proved otherwise by the police, no one knew he was one of those crazies who sent death threats. It is also extremely doubtful they could identify him on 2ch, assuming that rumour is proven true.
While death threats are a serious concern in Japan, be it the studios, seiyuu and so forth, there is no way they could have a lead to that guy. It isn't the same thing as fichés S dudes in France and whatnot. Criminality in Japan is a complete different beast compared to Europe and America.

And no one suggested he should be scot-free, although there is a slight chance he might be adjourned for insanity. The thing is that his claim of being ripped off are not exactly reliable depending of his mental state during his deed. As such, his motive can only be confirmed once the police and prosecution do their investigation.
Old 2019-07-19, 14:01   Link #129
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
As for the criminal himself, mentally unstable or not, he deserves to be forced into a public walk of shame before his likely execution. That's all I will say about him.
No he does not. We are not in the medieval ages anymore. What's next, cutting off hands for shoplifters? What he deserves is a trial and a harsh punishment, to be locked up and not be seen for however long Japanese law indicates for a crime like this. Execution really
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 14:11   Link #130
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Death penalty is most likely going to be applied in his case, assuming the court believes he was in full control of his actions during the crime.
Execution itself is solely for murderers, and while they are very rare for only homicide, murders of 2 or several people increase the odds very highly. 34 is more than twice the number of the Sarin gas terrorist attack. Considering the number of victims and the murder methods, it is unlikely he will escape death penalty unless he is found out "insane" legally.
Even if he were to be considered "insane", it would be "downgraded" into a life sentence (and life sentence can also be bumped to death penalty too in Japan). I don't believe there was a case a death row inmate could leave unless it was a retrial that proved their innocence.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2019-07-19 at 14:28. Reason: fixed death toll
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 14:15   Link #131
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even pleading insanity is likely not going to fly, seeing how it looked like he planned the whole thing, down to seemingly having studied the layout of Studio 1.
Old 2019-07-19, 14:18   Link #132
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
What he deserves is a trial and a harsh punishment, to be locked up and not be seen for however long Japanese law indicates for a crime like this. Execution really
Death penalty still exists in Japan. And according to the Nagayama Standard, which is the guideline with criteria to determine eligibility to capital punishment, that criminal will not escape it. And with the way he planned the attack, the argument of "legal insanity" won't stand one bit.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 14:51   Link #133
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh Yamakan.
After being an asshole on Twitter with the shut up comment, and loves mocking China all these time...
Chinese press is the only one who spotted you next to the KyoAni studio, grieving in tears with flower in your hand.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 15:38   Link #134
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Some people are so despicable that they should be banned from social media altogether, especially when they can't take the heat.
You know a guy has problems (outside of, like, being fired and going bankrupt and all) when his account name clearly states that this is his fourth account, meaning he has already done stuff to get banned three times, yet he is so addicted to social media that he keeps on coming back.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 16:35   Link #135
gral

Quote:
Death penalty still exists in Japan. And according to the Nagayama Standard, which is the guideline with criteria to determine eligibility to capital punishment, that criminal will not escape it. And with the way he planned the attack, the argument of "legal insanity" won't stand one bit.
I don't claim to be an expert on Japanese penal law(or any penal law for that matter), but the only guy who was a surer prospect for the death penalty in Japan was Shoko Asahara.
gral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 17:06   Link #136
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
As for other news, the president of KyoAni has said almost all the materials the company had are lost forever, past or current, whether on paper or computer.
Source just in case

I'm not sure why they didn't have any backup but it is very clear that future projects are at a very cold stop regardless of the state of their manpower. The only exception might be Free movie, since it was handled by studio Animation Do.
Old 2019-07-19, 20:48   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Source just in case

I'm not sure why they didn't have any backup but it is very clear that future projects are at a very cold stop regardless of the state of their manpower. The only exception might be Free movie, since it was handled by studio Animation Do.
Yeah, bad things (outside of crazy arsonists) can happen when you don't have backup. And for companies where something is literally a lifeline to them, I'd think they backup it up in at least two different locations.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-07-19, 22:11   Link #138
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

On Yamakan, he was spotted offering flowers at the site (video shared from PTT):
Spoiler for Video:

Folks at PTT suggested that he might have felt that Shinkai was using this tragedy as a PR stunt, hence the "shut up" comment. I don't know how close is this from the truth, but he had lost his mentor Mr Kigami and possibly some friends as well in this attack and nobody will feel good in the aftermath. Of course there are those who see this as an act so YMMV.

The irony is that, had Yamakan stayed in KyoAni, he could have been one of the causalities as well.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2019-07-19 at 22:30.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 22:59   Link #139
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Source just in case

Probably because all the computers along with their hard drives got toasted. Japan entities all look like they are in the 1980s still after all so having no cloud backup is unsurprising

On the criminal....I just hope this doesn't worsen public aversion to mental illness in Japan. God knows East Asian attitudes towards it is shitty enough already
Old 2019-07-19, 23:16   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Folks at PTT suggested that he might have felt that Shinkai was using this tragedy as a PR stunt, hence the "shut up" comment.
Pff, after his shut up comment, Yamakan proceeded to get a drink and then retweet the advertisement to his own movie.