Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
MAKE ME!!!!!!

*caresses his precious pills... my precious.....*

Speaking of pills...

If only Fumikane would approve this...

As for Episode 6, I guess Arisa got owned via the hard way! Kudos to Aya Hirano for voicing a smug character like Arisa, although I doubt that she would stage for a come back.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:59   Link #1402
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was just a hell of an episode. Arisa was just great, hard to believe that was Haruhi's voice.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:12   Link #1403
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
That was just a hell of an episode. Arisa was just great, hard to believe that was Haruhi's voice.
Actually it was totally believable. Haruhi acts exactly like that

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:51   Link #1404
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I've seen 6 episodes already and I still haven't got a clue of what I'm seeing.

Cute girls in panzers firing at each other over a tournament, people living in aircraft carriers, and somehow no one gets injured?

Brilliant

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:06   Link #1405
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
...Kudos to Aya Hirano for voicing a smug character like Arisa, although I doubt that she would stage for a come back.
She said a few months ago that she wanted to do more seiyuu work. She has been doing mainly TV show appearances and live singing performances, but also has had large or small roles in nine animes this year (according to Japanese Wikipedia), including her continuing roles in various incarnations of Fairy Tail and Jewelpet. I still think she has talent as a seiyuu.

By the way, Girls und Panzer has emerged as by far the most popular show of the season on 2channel, having recently roared up to over 105,000 posts, compared to 75,000 for Chuunibyou. Less than two weeks ago, they were tied.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-20 at 19:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:10   Link #1406
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I still think she has talent as a seiyuu.
Of course she has talent. She just uh... tarnished the innocent hearts & minds of many an Otaku...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-20, 20:20   Link #1407
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

That surely is a hard earned victory for Oorai. Just try to avoid the very strong Firefly tank, and concentrate on the enemy flag tank instead. A little sad seeing everyone losing hope near the end of the match, StuG can't fire at the flag tank anymore because it had to cover the back of the T38, and T38 isn't a match for the Saunders flag tank. But it all turned out ok in the end with good shot from Hana.

I now think Kay is a nice person who fights fair. Congratulating them, and didn't even bring up the issue on Yukari's spying on Saunders school. Looks like it's the first time an opponent has been nice to Miho, she looked happy and a little surprised when Kay extended a handshake to her.

And lastly, Maho seems uncaring but isn't a heartless person. Offered the Black Forest helicopter (is that a helicopter used in WWII?) for Mako to use and see her injured grandma. Really hope this show gets a season 2, it's been quite good so far.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:01   Link #1408
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
My shoujo-infested brain concocts the scenario of a stone-faced Maho outside her room cooly dismissing Erika. Then Maho goes inside, and hugs her Miho dakimakura while going kyaa~ on how awesome her little sister is and how she's planning on getting revenge on Kay for touching her precious imouto.
Maho sleeps with two things: a Miho dakimakura and a Tiger model that Miho gave her...

*is shot, as usual*

Quote:
MAKE ME!!!!!!

*caresses his precious pills... my precious.....*

Speaking of pills...

DO WANT. That was win. Tank Witch Miho FTW.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:13   Link #1409
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Why didn't the volleyball club sneak a shot at the flag panzer the moment they spotted them? I mean, that was a long period of speechlessness.
It would have been a waste. Their gun couldn't get through the Sherman's armor. The Type 89's only use is the one Miho put it to in this episode: a tank-shaped piece of ablative armor for their own flag. Although the captain of the volleyball team scared me with how she was standing entirely outside the tank in the middle of the firefight, especially when the enemy was letting loose with their machinegun. That probably should have turned out a lot bloodier than it did.

Quote:
Looks like it's the first time an opponent has been nice to Miho, she looked happy and a little surprised when Kay extended a handshake to her.
If you look back through the series, you'll see that Miho is shocked any time someone is nice to her. If I didn't know better, I would say she'd probably never received any affection or positive reinforcement in her life, even from her family, because it stuns her every time she receives some now. In fact, I would be suspecting some really deep-seated psychological scars from her upbringing. One thing is clear: she does not ever expect praise, or kindness, or anything that suggests that she is a person who is worth anything. It's as if she has always been told throughout her life that she's not good enough, to the point that she actually believes it herself.

Anyway, I hope Mako's grandmother is ok. Seeing Mako shaken like that is... it's just wrong. I want to hug her and help her somehow.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 22:11   Link #1410
Sumeragi
Banned

Funny video related to GuP and WoT:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 22:44   Link #1411
Sumeragi
Banned

One thing to remember: This is Senshado, not war.
Old 2012-11-20, 22:44   Link #1412
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
First. Sending a team with a tank as USELESS in a tank battle as the Type 89... Not to mention the other tanks.

If I'm not mistaken, the only tanks with real tank fighting capabilities IN the main characters team is the P.IV and the StuG, with the StuG being the only tank destroyer in the team.
I'm not really sure if you caught the implication that Ooarai is literally going with what little resources has, which isn't a lot. It can't afford to GET any new tanks either
Spoiler for stuff:

By the way, someone pointed out that Ooarai actually has eight tank hangars. Because of the manga being a little ahead, we already know what the next will be (the Char B1), but any guesses on what the remaining 2 will be?
Old 2012-11-20, 23:05   Link #1413
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that was a cloes fight Miho got some great tactics
Old 2012-11-20, 23:10   Link #1414
Tak

Quote:
First. Sending a team with a tank as USELESS in a tank battle as the Type 89... Not to mention the other tanks.
この番組はフィクションです。 登場する人物、団体名は実在の物とは関係ありません。

戦車道もフィクションですが、戦争じゃありません。

- Tak

Old 2012-11-20, 23:13   Link #1415
Random Wanderer

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the only tanks with real tank fighting capabilities IN the main characters team is the P.IV and the StuG, with the StuG being the only tank destroyer in the team.
The M3 Lee and the 38t are not completely useless. They've got guns that are capable of taking out some of the less heavily-armored tanks they might face, and enough armor that it isn't like they're depending on wet tissue-paper to keep them safe. They aren't elegant, nor are they they best choices for their roles, but they aren't completely useless either.

Quote:
The Sherman isn't bad, but this is a tank battle, and the Firefly version IS a tank destroyer, why not use that as an entire team?
Less versatile. The fireflies shot slower, loaded slower, aimed slower. They were better at standing and pounding rather than running and gunning. The baseline Sherman is a better mix of capabilities, and it just plain makes sense to build a team around using them as the main tank. Fireflies are dangerous, no doubt at all, but they worked best with support from lighter, faster units keeping them clear while they took out the big targets.

Quote:
Maybe it's me having played WW2OL for quite a while, and knowing a bit of tanks, but still, these girls are playing @ war.
...Hello? It's a game. Not war. Kay even outright said that in this episode.
Quote:
I personally, with 3 tanks vs 5 tanks (once the two tanks at the back are disabled) would have opted to tell the StuG to turn around and rush and attempt to hit the Firefly with it's gun, or ram it if all else fails, the Sherman has nice guns, but the Firefly is the biggest threat in a long range fight.
...And what would that accomplish, besides getting the best tank on Oarai's team destroyed with minimal (and entirely acceptable) losses for the opposition? Any of the Shermans could take out any of Oarai's tanks at any range, except for the StuG. The Firefly could take out the StuG at range, the rest of the Shermans would need to be closer, but the rest of the Shermans could take out any of the other tanks on the team at long-range just fine. You throw away the StuG on a suicide mission that would almost certainly not accomplish anything because they'd shoot it down before it reached them, and you've thrown away the only vehicle you've got that can resist any of the incoming fire. You have essentially doomed your entire team in a mad attempt to take out a single tank that isn't even your objective, and even if you succeeded you would have accomplished absolutely nothing in terms of keeping the rest of your team safe. Saunders didn't need the Firefly. The rest of their Shermans could have mopped the floor with Oarai just fine.

Your tactical complaints seem to hinge around the belief that tanks with bigger guns are inherently better for all purposes (not true: better for some purposes, depending on the tank, but not all), and also around forgetting that this is a capture-the-flag game, not a battle of attrition. As a result, I find myself disagreeing with... well... pretty much every objection you made. Sorry. Nothing personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
この番組はフィクションです。 登場する人物、団体名は実在の物とは関係ありません。

戦車道もフィクションですが、戦争じゃありません。

- Tak
Google Translate gives me the following:
"This program is a fiction. And persons appearing, organization name has nothing to do with the real thing.
Tank road is also fiction, it Is not war."

A little logic on my part makes that a standard disclaimer: This program is a work of fiction. Any resemblence to persons or organizations in real life is purely unintentional. Senshadou is also fictional, it is not war.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-11-20 at 23:26.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 23:22   Link #1416
Marina2

@Arturia Polaris My comment on your comment

Quote:

That's all tanks Ooarai has right now. At least they provide as extra target for enemy.

Quote:
I do not see the purpose of having so many interesting tanks to choose from the Sherman side and only going with one Firefly.

The Sherman isn't bad, but this is a tank battle, and the Firefly version IS a tank destroyer, why not use that as an entire team? Also, I was astounded at the american school being able to field 10 tanks, that's a nice trick.
- Maybe because they only have 1 firefly?

Quote:
9 Shermans 1 Firefly lose against a rag tag team that would make the Stuart an interesting and effective choice against is just a blatant lack of military judgement on my part.
Tactic >>> Number.

American made a mistake to expose their flag tank like that........

Quote:
Maybe it's me having played WW2OL for quite a while, and knowing a bit of tanks, but still, these girls are playing @ war.

I find the concept really interesting and a fun way to spend time, but mostly because I spend my time going "oh god why" at most of the horrible mistakes made by the teams.
- Yes, they are playing a war.

Quote:
I personally, with 3 tanks vs 5 tanks (once the two tanks at the back are disabled) would have opted to tell the StuG to turn around and rush and attempt to hit the Firefly with it's gun, or ram it if all else fails, the Sherman has nice guns, but the Firefly is the biggest threat in a long range fight.

If the StuG survives, I'd make it fire on the Shermans backside, if not, Keep running and buy yourself more time to make the critical shot on the Flag Sherman.
That is another way to do but don't forget that they also have to protect their flag tank. The formation they used (flag tank stay in the middle) was to (hopely) use another tanks as a shield for thier flag tank. And isn't it easier to just try to destroy enemy flag tank insted of risking to lose one more of your tank by sending it to enemy group??

Quote:
You can also switch the P.IV with the StuG for added firepower on the Sherman (is the P.IV, not the modified AT version, capable of K.O.ing a sherman with one shot? even if it's a lucky one?)
- Firing at moving target at far range with StuGIII unrotatable gun is too painful.

- I think the bullet hit the engine of Sherman at the backside (which has weak armor)

[/QUOTE]
Old 2012-11-20, 23:25   Link #1417
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One thing to remember: This is Senshado, not war.
Exactly. Senshado bears as much relation to actual warfighting as fencing did to real sword fighting, or formal kendo to actual fighting, or Olympic competition shooting to modern warfare.

Senshado is a martial art. Approach the series from that perspective.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-20, 23:36   Link #1418
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
You can also switch the P.IV with the StuG for added firepower on the Sherman (is the P.IV, not the modified AT version, capable of K.O.ing a sherman with one shot? even if it's a lucky one?)
You could try reading, you know:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The Type 90 57 mm gun could penetrate of 20 mm of armor at 500 meters, meaning it would not be able to penetrate the minimum of 38 mm of armor that the Sherman had. On the other hand, the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 of Miho's Pz IV could penetrate 43 mm inclined at 30 degrees (effectively 49.65 mm) at ranges of up to 700 meters.
Old 2012-11-20, 23:54   Link #1419
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
All in all... This could be done in a better way, but it's still fun.
As everyone has said, maybe you could just watch it the right way. Like, you know, pay attention to what people in the show said, and how they act? Or better yet, try reading the thread, since LoweGear and 4Tran did pretty well explaining technical stuffs in the show which you obviously missed from your post.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:14   Link #1420
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
All in all... This could be done in a better way, but it's still fun.
It's a martial motherfucking art. Pencak Silat tournaments bear about as much relationship to actual combat silat as does Senshado to armored warfare.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks