Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-08-21, 03:04   Link #14341
AndySimpson96

Now that 9 is finally finished time to read 8-9 back to back
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 06:51   Link #14342
Sakamaki Izayoi

I had stopped at volume 8, guess it's time to re-read the entire series now that volume 9 is completed.
Old 2019-08-21, 11:34   Link #14343
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I read the updated chapter yesterday. I liked it.

It's still kind of funny that Stella had ten condoms prepared. But still, it's good to be prepared, so: You go, girl!

Shizuku really had it wrong. She said "You guys were Dragon Fang'ing the night's Ittou Shura". when it was really the other way around (at first--but although Stella did apparently dominate midway according to early spoilers and summaries, it actually went both ways). The girl really thinks her brother is pure, huh? Someone please tell her that he's just a very normal boy with lust just like all other boys. Hopefully Stella manages to set her relationship with her straight.

I find it weird that there were people who stopped reading after Volume 9, but I guess to each his/her own?

Stella saying, "Father is just as scary as Shizuku~! Good luck, dar-ling~! <3" was cute but also kind of scary, Really, hang in there, Ikki.

Anyway, all of the stuff after that was really good too. The emotions and stuff during the award ceremony for the Seven Stars Sword Art Festival, and the last illustration in the chapter.
Old 2019-08-24, 01:32   Link #14344
Kovesdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Hopefully Stella manages to set her relationship with her straight.

I do not know why , but I don't want that somehow
Shizuku accepts Stella as Ikki's partner, her blesses them, but keep their relationship unchanged (stunstun )

I don't want the two of them to co-op against Ikki or because of their too good relationship, Stella has less time for Ikki

Thinking they're better with each other , makes me feel so bad

Although Ikkin has a good relationship with Lunaize
maybe I just think too much , Good relationship between Stella and Shizuku , may not bad interfere with Ikki or Ikki's relationship with Stella

I don't know why, I just have such a feeling
This is a bad divination
My man instinct I feel danger and trouble in the air , for the future
And they say "run away, run, run, run"

I just feel it that Shizuku's and Stella's good relationship , maybe for him this is a dangerous

I really don't want Shizuku to switch to Stella's side and turn to Ikki
Then they together control Ikki , What he can do , what he not to do, or how he would behave . etc. Etc

Ikki pl is weak against attack by women charm , I don't want they to force him to change in this , "Because of this Stella is jealous " According to Shizuku .
Jealousy stems from a lack of trust in others or in ourselves
Stella obviously has enough confidence , so her may not trust Ikki , when it comes to women to him , because Ikki is too nice to everyone ,but this it can only make women more motivated ,woman's may misunderstand his intent
Too vulnerable at this point
But despite this negative impact, this is one of Ikki's best parts

But I don't want that to change , because it's good part of Ikki , him does not need stronger defense against other women
It's enough for Stella to protect him ,like the maid case in Volume 10 .

Especially if they force him to do so
If he take this path on his own, then okay, but not by compulsion

Stella or Shizuku can't ask Ikki for that , to be nice only with a narrow family , it limits itself to outsiders

I am thinking of similar situations where girls would come together to join forces against man
For example, the case of Serius, who was weak against the female majority, had to do what they were told him

That would be the worst thing a man could ever experience

There is a danger in women's cooperation that they can grow into your head and gain control over you

If they don't turn against Ikki, then I bless Stella and Shizuku for their relationship

By the way , already 10 volumes are translated , volume 11 is almost done , taken by

Reading the 10th volume
In my opinion, Stella's father is the worst , is like a 5 year old kid whom they want it to take away his toy , and that's why he gets a rampage
His a worm
The worst dad I've ever seen

All right, I understand, he afraid of his daughter, or he just want to keep it for himself , but human treatment would deserves everyone, even Ikki
He would not have deserved this treatment, especially not from the king of a country

For this situation , that was not the right procedure .

Last edited by Kovesdi; 2019-08-24 at 04:40.
Kovesdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 03:33   Link #14345
Lucidrago

Quote:
I read the updated chapter yesterday. I liked it.

It's still kind of funny that Stella had ten condoms prepared. But still, it's good to be prepared, so: You go, girl!

Shizuku really had it wrong. She said "You guys were Dragon Fang'ing the night's Ittou Shura". when it was really the other way around (at first--but although Stella did apparently dominate midway according to early spoilers and summaries, it actually went both ways). The girl really thinks her brother is pure, huh? Someone please tell her that he's just a very normal boy with lust just like all other boys. Hopefully Stella manages to set her relationship with her straight.

I find it weird that there were people who stopped reading after Volume 9, but I guess to each his/her own?

Stella saying, "Father is just as scary as Shizuku~! Good luck, dar-ling~! <3" was cute but also kind of scary, Really, hang in there, Ikki.

Anyway, all of the stuff after that was really good too. The emotions and stuff during the award ceremony for the Seven Stars Sword Art Festival, and the last illustration in the chapter.
Well to be honest, it felt like the Seven Stars Sword Art Tournament was the peak of the series. Now I can't get myself motivated enough to read the rest of the translated chapters after that which I hate.

But I just didn't like a lot of things he did during the Vermillion war arc:

1. His handling of Desperados. There were just too many Desperados being introduced in such a short time period. It just took away from Ikki being a Desperado in my view and lessened the appeal of Desperados as a whole in my opinion. It honestly feels like something that Misora only brings up when it becomes convenient or a Deus Ex Machina of sorts. It seems like Misora didn't think the Desperado thing through fully before he put it fully into action.

2. How Stella's potential was handled. Now I understand that certain events can cause you to grow more quickly than you normally would compared to other events, but It's like Stella was forced to hit her limit just to become a Desperado. This ties into my first poimt in a way but we've constantly been told in the series how much potential Stella has and how she was just getting started unlocking it. So it feels kind of disingenuous to have her hit her limit so soon and become a Desperado.

3. Boring antagonists. Now Iris Ascarid's character was very well-written and was one of the highlights of this series and Nene's backstory was very interesting. But I never could really get invested in the villains despite their backstories. The backstory for Or-Gaule was good but him or the others really didn't draw me in like members of Akatsuki did. This is mostly just a matter of personal bias but that's how I feel.

4. Very plain designs for new characters. But this is really just a matter of personal bias.

Now I might need to read the translated volume to get a better perspective. But this is the impression I get from reading the summaries and spoilers for those volumes. Knowing what I do from those summaries and spoilers, I can't motivate myself enough to even read the chapters that have been translated after Volume 9. And I hate it as I absolutely love reading and greatly like Rakudai Kishi. But I just feel I'll be setting myself up for disappointment by reading further.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 05:08   Link #14346
Kovesdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well to be honest, it felt like the Seven Stars Sword Art Tournament was the peak of the series. Now I can't get myself motivated enough to read the rest of the translated chapters after that which I hate.

But I just didn't like a lot of things he did during the Vermillion war arc:

1. His handling of Desperados. There were just too many Desperados being introduced in such a short time period. It just took away from Ikki being a Desperado in my view and lessened the appeal of Desperados as a whole in my opinion. It honestly feels like something that Misora only brings up when it becomes convenient or a Deus Ex Machina of sorts. It seems like Misora didn't think the Desperado thing through fully before he put it fully into action.

2. How Stella's potential was handled. Now I understand that certain events can cause you to grow more quickly than you normally would compared to other events, but It's like Stella was forced to hit her limit just to become a Desperado. This ties into my first poimt in a way but we've constantly been told in the series how much potential Stella has and how she was just getting started unlocking it. So it feels kind of disingenuous to have her hit her limit so soon and become a Desperado.

3. Boring antagonists. Now Iris Ascarid's character was very well-written and was one of the highlights of this series and Nene's backstory was very interesting. But I never could really get invested in the villains despite their backstories. The backstory for Or-Gaule was good but him or the others really didn't draw me in like members of Akatsuki did. This is mostly just a matter of personal bias but that's how I feel.

4. Very plain designs for new characters. But this is really just a matter of personal bias.

Now I might need to read the translated volume to get a better perspective. But this is the impression I get from reading the summaries and spoilers for those volumes. Knowing what I do from those summaries and spoilers, I can't motivate myself enough to even read the chapters that have been translated after Volume 9. And I hate it as I absolutely love reading and greatly like Rakudai Kishi. But I just feel I'll be setting myself up for disappointment by reading further.

I read Volume 10 and now I'm reading the 11 volumes

I wasn't disappointed
I read the summaries before
But it doesn't matter what was written there and what wasn't

For example, I really like the 10 volumes , I would have been disappointed if the 9 volumes ended the series

You're right about Stella's case
But everything they said in the series about Stella's potential was just a guess or the opinion of another person
Life overwrites that, that's all

It's similar, only turned Ikki, no one saw his potential
But he has accomplished something, he has become Desperado, and he not stops going on the road so far that he can no longer see the trail of his feet
And though he suffered a great deal of damage, he still does not stop
And I know many people would expect to him give up , he turns against expectations

This happened to Stella, too, exceeding everyone expectations , I don't think that's a bad thing .
Because it was necessary here, as was the case with Ikki during the fight against Stella

It was an emergency, to which life responded to things overwriting

I'm sure if Or Gaule doesn't exist Stella won't become a desperado for a long time , but life has decided differently , as the writer or other characters ever thought

The game of thrones writer said it was the best story what life writes
The story writes itself, just as life does
Neither the writer, nor the narrator, nor any of the other characters opinion doesn't matter
That's the order of life

So I'm not disappointed , whatever happened or will happen in the series , because unexpected things happen in life also

Last edited by Kovesdi; 2019-08-24 at 05:32.
Old 2019-08-24, 06:00   Link #14347
tuckersister

Who do you think will become Desparado in the coming volumes?

Also, how's the rest of the Kurogane family doing? What their view on Ikki's and Stella's marriage?

Last edited by tuckersister; 2019-08-24 at 08:58.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 11:18   Link #14348
KnightShade

i would say Ouma, as itsuki will most likely request for his help in dealing with great flame. Given that the current arc has touka, yudai and kuraudo at the center stage, anyone of those 3 would be a safe bet for awakening as well. Yudai might be the closest to his peak of the 3.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-24, 12:19   Link #14349
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Who do you think will become Desparado in the coming volumes?

Also, how's the rest of the Kurogane family doing? What their view on Ikki's and Stella's marriage?
No one as of yet. Just too soon for it to happen in the next volume.
Old 2019-08-24, 12:49   Link #14350
KnightShade

^
>in the coming volumes
Old 2019-08-25, 08:27   Link #14351
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
^
>in the coming volumes
Father of the Year then. Kurono.

I mean It's pretty obvious to guess who will become Desperados or who's at least close to it at the moment.
Old 2019-08-25, 09:34   Link #14352
KnightShade

True.

Been thinking a lot more about ships tbh
Old 2019-08-25, 19:03   Link #14353
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Kurono won't. She already would've before but chose not to because she was afraid to cross that bridge. I don't think she can awaken anymore.

@Kovesdi: I think you're overthinking about Stella and Shizuku. It'll be fine, don't worry so much.
Old 2019-08-25, 20:59   Link #14354
KnightShade

^that opens up in interesting dialogue; Is there a window to awakening or is it always an option to those who peak?

On another note, I find the lack of interaction between Shizuku and Ouma despite several opportunities to do so to be weird. She straight up hates itsuki and yet shizuku acknowledges his existence.

In fact the announcers made no mention of ikki being Ouma's brother before the match with stella. You would think they would point out that connection to build a storyline for the match. it's not like they are aware of his shaky at best connection to his family, though i suppose Worst dad probably wanted a media black out of anything tying ikki to the kuroganes. But even then, the Kuroganes are of high status and yet i feel like the only time any of them interact with each other through out the story is when it involves ikki.
Old 2019-08-26, 08:34   Link #14355
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Shizuku probably doesn't like Ouma all that much either. The only one in the family whom she cares about is Ikki.
Old 2019-08-26, 12:44   Link #14356
Kovesdi

Quote:

@Kovesdi: I think you're overthinking about Stella and Shizuku. It'll be fine, don't worry so much.
I hope you're right

Quote:

Someone please tell her that he's just a very normal boy with lust just like all other boys.
Please that's someone says Stella Father , that his daughter is not the embodied pure angel

Unfortunately, both Shizuku and Stella's Father , They live in pink fog
Where they see their loved ones as completely perfect

Last edited by Kovesdi; 2019-08-26 at 13:05.
Old 2019-08-31, 00:31   Link #14357
AP24

Vol 17 is not coming out in October. Considering Choujin Koukousei has Vol 9 to be released in October and most likely Vol 10 in December, I'm not sure if Rakudai Vol 17 will even be out this year.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-31, 16:24   Link #14358
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I read Volume 11 Chapter 9 translated a bit ago. Reading a full translation really does feel different. Naseem's power is ridiculous. And he's also pretty vulgar when talking to women, god damn.
Old 2019-09-06, 18:50   Link #14359
tuckersister

If Touka become a Desparado, it's gonna be one hell of a rematch for Ikki. However, would she do well against Ikki's Edelweiss swordfighting?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 08:29   Link #14360
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think Ikki can still beat her even if she becomes a Desperado. Which she probably can and will. Because he's strong and skilled enough to be able to beat her even in a fight between two Desperados.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural