Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 14:47   Link #1501
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Question: has there been a person with power mimicing in media like Kaede's power? Most power mimicers have been different:

Kaede (T&B): Touch based and can only use one at a time ie a 1 power queue. Once she copies another power, the last power is wiped away
Rogue (X-Men): Touch like Kaede but more of a power stealer than a mimicer
Peter Petrelli (Heroes): copies powers via proximity rather than touch but never "forgets" said powers unless he has a "reset"
Sylar (Heroes): examines brains to see how powers work then copies them. Also can use more than one
IIRC (it's been a while), Tende Freeze had a guy like that, but with more control. He could chose to copy a power or not, and he could memorize up to five of them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 15:03   Link #1502
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Spoiler for light spoilers for the ending episodes, don't like then don't read:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 15:43   Link #1503
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Spoiler for light spoilers for the ending episodes, don't like then don't read:
Spoiler for Possible Ending Situation:
Old 2011-09-05, 22:31   Link #1504
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Large pics:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 22:48   Link #1505
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
This episode was not really good. The fight bewteen Tiger and Barnaby was bad and in the end, Bunny retrieved his memory too easly. We should have had a good fight between these two which should have lasted until the end of the episode.

As awlays, I'm really angry at Sunrise to privilege Sacred Seven over Tiger and Bunny when it comes to animation. It's just a nonsense to me. What's the problem with this studio ?

The second part was better but once again whe should have had a fight bewteen the heroes (otther than Tiger and Bunny) and Cis's big brother.

And all these reused scenes...urhg...

Probably one of the weakest episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If you are implying that Sacred Seven was Sunrise's ace for the season. I don't think that's the case. It has even less budget than Tiger and Bunny. It's going to end at episode 12/13 it seems. Tiger and Bunny is going for a full season.

What Sunrise is preparing for is Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere. http://genesis-horizon.net/
This show, on the other hand, has a huge budget and is going to span around 3 cours (36 episodes)

Tiger and Bunny has higher quality background art. Background scenery and animation is a lot more detailed and busy environments like the Christmas event are far more common. There is also a fair amount of CGI. They didn't hold back on the color palette... very colorful production.

There isn't a lot going in the background in Sacred Seven scenes. No busy streets, no crowds running in panic... the scenery is usually just a painted panorama.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:35   Link #1506
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think it would've better written if Rotwang worked for Maverick in the first place rather than employed after the Cis incident.

For one thing it would've showed some conflict between Maverick and Ouroboros. With one of their agents trying to blow up the Justice Tower. To stop the android development which is a threat to Next supremacy.

Behind the scenes Maverick makes a deal releasing Jake Martinez to appease Ouroboros but having his own plan to be on top using Barnaby. A gamble.

Rotwang transporting his pet project Cis using the heroes data given by Maverick gets lost due to lightning. We know what happens next. Rotwang being a different kind of loony is a robot overlord advocate. Though his AI programming skills sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But that's too complicated for an anime of this type. It's an action type anime what doing the wink nod to the hero genre (DC and Marvel). It's not meant to be complicated like GitS.
Well I mean, why can't they just show some actual evil plot in the first place where how exactly that Dark Tiger made by putting a CiS robot in it? This is just completely bugs me.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-06 at 02:15.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 05:13   Link #1507
Gohan78
Awakened One

I am ok with "Bunny-chan" being the trigger to get Barnaby's memories back but the scene was done poorly. At least show Barnaby being shocked by the revelation and having flashbacks of his time with Kotetsu! The problem is that the last time Barnaby regained his memories he was shown to be in pain and confused but this time he was instantly ok.

I also didn't like that they skipped Dark Tiger's fight with the Heroes. The android's power level is inconsistent. Just two episodes ago it wasn't able to capture a human Kotetsu and now it crushed 6 Heroes at once?

Maverick's plan seems more and more convoluted to me. How is he going to explain to the public the sudden disappearence of all the Heroes? A mass retirement?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 05:55   Link #1508
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Maverick's plan seems more and more convoluted to me. How is he going to explain to the public the sudden disappearence of all the Heroes? A mass retirement?
As seen when confronted by Barnaby's parents and about to be turned in Maverick panics and improvises on the spot.

Its that same panicking characteristic that got him into bed with Ouroboros in the first place.

When he realises Bunny found out he proceeds to rewrite his memory without thinking what triggered breaking his ghooshing. At this stage is pragmatic.

Come Kotetsu evading his ghooshing and learning Samantha knew he panics again and goes for an impractical plan.

Impractical as he does not have the brains to process the holes in his plan. Like Ben, Kotetsu's family and 22 million citizens of Sternbild.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 07:46   Link #1509
LKK

Quote:
How is he going to explain to the public the sudden disappearence of all the Heroes? A mass retirement?
Why admit to the public that the Heroes disappeared at all? Just dress their android replacements in their old suits and have them pretend to be the heroes. Most of the heroes' faces are unknown to the public anyway. Only a few show their face, and as Cis proved, android faces can be made to look convincingly real.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 10:17   Link #1510
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Why admit to the public that the Heroes disappeared at all? Just dress their android replacements in their old suits and have them pretend to be the heroes. Most of the heroes' faces are unknown to the public anyway. Only a few show their face, and as Cis proved, android faces can be made to look convincingly real.
Too many holes like family, friends, corporate sponsors and the Justice Bureau (Yuri Petrov).

Maverick is person corrupted by his own Next ability. He's not smart just a survivor.

If it was any other person they'd skip town.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 12:12   Link #1511
saravis

Quote:
Maverick comes on the news looking teary eyed: It pains me deeply to announce that our great heroes perished in the fight against Kaburagi Kotetsu. Let us have a moment to remember them.
Old 2011-09-06, 12:42   Link #1512
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Too many holes like family, friends, corporate sponsors and the Justice Bureau (Yuri Petrov).
If he puts them all in jail under the suspicion of murder or if they all die, then he can, easily say that they all died in the line of fire and RoboTiger saved them all. Thus RoboTiger becoming the new hero on HeroTv. Over and done. End of story.

The only thing is Yuri, but no one knows he is Lunatic. Maverick can not plan for what he doesn't know.
Makoto_Must_DIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:45   Link #1513
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah I think some folks are forgetting that Maverick is a trusted public servant and viewed as a hero in his own right by the people of Sternbild. When it looked like Jake was about to win it was Maverick that came on TV and with his charisma reassured the people and then set Barnaby after him for the win. Of course this was basically all a set up, but the public is none the wiser.

Also it's really important to keep in mind that we haven't yet seen what the robo-tiger is capable of. It also very well can't take out Kotetsu like it did the heroes because Maverick wanted Bunny to be the one to go after Kotetsu so that he could keep using him in the future. If Bunny doesn't get his "revenge" then he becomes a whole lot harder to control as we've seen from when he develops tunnel vision towards getting Jake in the first arc.

Quote:
That too. It could work for a while, but yeah, basically Mavericks own lack of power and influence (which is becoming increasingly apparent since he had arguably more control over the situation when he was playing the good public servant than when he actively started meddling) is likely to be his ultimate undoing in the final episodes. I can't help but think if he hadn't gone all in and kept a little more distance with Barnaby instead of trying to manipulate him all the time he probably would have gotten away with all this. At this point he's basically being forced to make more and more contingencies to the point where he's now allied with Rotwang who arguably holds the real power now and will probably usurp the villain mantle from Maverick more and more in the next episode. I'm kind of liking the flawed mastermind aspect of Maverick's character at this point. If he was too perfect and had a solution for everything it would be a little too cliche, but here he's been showing as semi-successful and as seen a pure improvisor that can possibly only delay his inevitable downfall that he started all the way back when he killed Barnaby's parents and chose the path of chaos as opposed to law in how he wanted to build the Hero system.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 15:29   Link #1514
Araxiel

Spoiler for ep23:
Old 2011-09-06, 16:37   Link #1515
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that by taking out one of the heroes, Maverick is also taking out the head of one of the main sponsors of Hero TV (remember, Helios Energy is owned by Fire Emblem).
Old 2011-09-06, 17:36   Link #1516
GermaphobicBear

Does anyone remember which episode Tiger briefly teams up with Blue Rose, and he has to finish her catchphrase? For some reason I can't remember.
GermaphobicBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 18:16   Link #1517
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Spoiler for ep23:
That's the most likely outcome yeah. The only other real possibility I see is one of the heroes being a bomb expert, and getting out of it without triggering the other bomb collars. I'd rather your idea, though, because this one would probably come off as a total asspull.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:14   Link #1518
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
So basically they just need to make Blue Rose into a vocaloid? XD And they certainly could make Blue Rose and Dragon Kid "retire" soon after they pull a switch so people wouldn't have much reason to suspect they had been replaced by robots, I just wonder how they would be able to mimic things such as Fire Emblem's flame powers and a few of the others.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 08:09   Link #1519
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I just wonder how they would be able to mimic things such as Fire Emblem's flame powers and a few of the others.
About Fire Emblem's flames, we saw early in the series that someone was able to mechanically duplicate his fire well enough that he was accused of murder because of it. If they can build androids that are convincingly human, I doubt an extra NEXT power or two would be that hard to incorporate.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 21:50   Link #1520
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I will watch #23 on this saturday or sunday, or maybe even next week since past experience taught me waiting whole week for new T&B was suffering XD

I've watched some scene though, can't help it XD
Spoiler for :

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere