Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-18, 09:28   Link #1561
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
ep 58
nice to see Allen still determined like always, cant wait to see him back in action
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 09:39   Link #1562
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah could be possible his condition when Wong left was so up in the air they couldn't be sure he was going to make it. And it is true with his arm gone he's pretty much 'dead' as an exorcist. So probably were just leaving it like that and sending them on their way. If he doesn't show up they'll have to put their minds on the job.

Might see Lenalee knocking Allen around for getting her that worried. And another moment of 'you made her cry'..... But do think everyone will be happy to see him whenever he gets his arm working again.
Old 2007-11-18, 11:16   Link #1563
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
i'm suprised to hear fukuyama jun's voice in d.gray-man alongside takahiro sakurai(who played suzaku in code geass!).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 11:46   Link #1564
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
If my ears aren't deceiving me, Roufa's VA = Sakamoto Mayaa? She's using her Fujioka Haruhi voice.

Only thing weird though...Roufa is like the opposite of Haruhi...her behavior towards Allen is something you'll only see in Tamaki's "mind theater".
It was such a lovely surprise to hear Maaya Sakamoto as the voice of Roufa, she played the role perfectly. Another nice surprise was Miki Shinichiro voicing Baku.
Old 2007-11-18, 13:07   Link #1565
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 58. Asia Branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
Spoiler for 58:

-__-
I don't saw it like you have commented upon it. That was the scene that I looked most forward in the manga. It wasn't of a sudden and went in timing.
Spoiler:

And episode 58 quite delivered some more beautiful tracks; a quite couple of them related to the Asia Branch, and one noticeable that corresponds to the vows that Allen made when he met Bak.

My only complain forthis episode was the voice off-timing or off-sync in the following scene enclosed in spoiler tags.
Spoiler:

The start of the second half of the episode was original material, nonetheless, it focused on the main theme discussed.
Spoiler:

Lastly, the end of the episode.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 14:42   Link #1566
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well think of it this way...what use is an exorcist without a weapon? if they just told lenali and crew that he is dead then they can soon "forget" about this tragic event and move onto finding cross with everything they have. telling them that he is alive would only cause them grief which will only delay the mission further. another thing is that at that point they still didnt know that perhaps allen's weapon could be restored, so here is a surprise later on for the gang

i can just imagine lenali's happy crying face when she is reunited with allen again ^^
Spoiler for Woo:

Almost forgot: When wong arrived to tell them that Allen was in their custody, Allen was for lack of a better word dead. He had a hole in his heart and he had bled quite a bit. I don't think they knew he was going to survive until after Wong had returned from Lenalee and co. So instead of getting her hopes up that maybe he'll live, which Wong had no clue into, he told her the worst possibility... Which, like all dramatic irony, may have been the worst thing to tell her.

Spoiler for lol:
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 19:28   Link #1567
poopies69

Spoiler for lenalee:
poopies69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 03:01   Link #1568
FateAnomaly

If Asia had a branch, why isn't Lenalee in it?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 03:15   Link #1569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
Spoiler for 58:

-__-

Look at Allen's point of view, he has lost his innocence, he can't be an Exorcist anymore, he doesn't know what to do, except that no matter what he still has to keep going forward, somehow.

The beating is to display his desperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnown View Post
Am still confused on why Wong didnt tell Lenalee's group that Allen isn't dead?
It wasn't like he lost his innocence either. Is the author trying use this as to make Lenalee
stronger?
Because if he had told Lenalee that, she would never leave for Japan. She would fight tooth and nail to stay and see him, delaying the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
If Asia had a branch, why isn't Lenalee in it?
All Exorcists report to the headquarter.

Given their few numbers, it's possible that the order doesn't strictly assign them to a particular region.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 10:05   Link #1570
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn Allen must be favored by god above all others. I mean what are the chances that anyones innocence would do that. I knew there would be an explanation for why Allen survive that gain hole in his heart but i was not expecting this. I dont have a problem with it since it plays up the connection between the excorist and there innocence which is very cool.

Allen still looks like he is in a lot of pain but thats not going to stop him from carrying on. Which is why after the explanation of how his innocence was not entirely gone i knew he would give it his all. Since Allen's innocence is a parasitic type it would make sense that its harder to destroy its part of his body in order to destroy it completly you would have to destroy his plus the innocence and it would have to all at once. I love Asian brance members they are so damn funny and very knowledgable. That explanation about the mist that kept Allen alive was done outstandingly it was like a stasis field i would have never have fathomed that.

Lenalee my heart breaks everytime i see her i know she has lost people before. But this one has been so hard to bare for her since it was Allen and what sucks is she still thinks hes dead. Lenalee wears her heart on her sleeve her feelings are obvious its just sad to see.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:26   Link #1571
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
anyone have any ideas why allen's innocence is so special? even the shape is unusual even if we know that it isnt the "heart" - there is just something about it that makes it unique...im guessing that none of the other parasitic type innocence has such an unusual shape...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 13:30   Link #1572
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
anyone have any ideas why allen's innocence is so special? even the shape is unusual even if we know that it isnt the "heart" - there is just something about it that makes it unique...im guessing that none of the other parasitic type innocence has such an unusual shape...
I'm reading the manga. I can't say much(anime thread), but all in due time. Just be patient this will be addressed. Unless the anime ends before that happens.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 14:04   Link #1573
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
My guess would be and this is taking out the whole "loved by god refrence" since innocence is unique to each person it would be safe to assume that a strong innocence would choose an equally strong partner. We all know Allen has the drive, determination, compassion and the will to see thing through to the end. He is even willing to sacrifice him self. Also Allen has grown as a person so could we assume that as he growns his innocence grows in power as well. All the thing that Allen has through so far could have been strengthing his innocence all this time. Plus his innocence was already strong to begin with. Different levels of innocence for different levels of people id say Allens in in the top tier but so was Suman's but Suman didnt have the deadication or strength of mind Allen has.
Old 2007-11-19, 14:27   Link #1574
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If Allen is loved by God, it's in the same way Job was...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 14:28   Link #1575
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If Allen is loved by God, it's in the same way Job was...
Exactly good refrence
Old 2007-11-19, 15:34   Link #1576
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well had the small doubt that Allen's innocence isn't the heart. Simply because we find out it wasn't really destroyed just broken up and turning into that mist. If it's still in existence then we can't completely rule that out. But could just be that he was specially chosen given an enduring innocence that couldn't be destroyed so easily.
Old 2007-11-19, 19:29   Link #1577
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, I can think one reason, I'm not sure if it's that reason.

Remember what Bookman said? Allen may be the one to defeat the Earl. And to do something like that, you're going to need a powerful weapon.

The Heart might be the source of all Innocences' power, and of great importance to both sides, but Allen's Innocence might be the one 'designed' to defeat the Earl.

P.S - Who's that in your "wet dream" ?
Old 2007-11-20, 07:48   Link #1578
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 59:

Spoiler for Episode 60 preview:
Old 2007-11-20, 10:11   Link #1579
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 59:
Ahh, then it can only be one person.

Winters Sokaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 60 preview:
I say that entire arc would span all the way up to episode 64.
Old 2007-11-20, 16:23   Link #1580
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, I can think one reason, I'm not sure if it's that reason.

Remember what Bookman said? Allen may be the one to defeat the Earl. And to do something like that, you're going to need a powerful weapon.

The Heart might be the source of all Innocences' power, and of great importance to both sides, but Allen's Innocence might be the one 'designed' to defeat the Earl.

P.S - Who's that in your "wet dream" ?
ooo...really makes you think

as for my wet dream - she is momoka from touka gettan ^^

anyway ep 59
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk