AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-30, 01:44   Link #141
Ending

Quote:
females are captured and 'corrupted' to become Broodmothers who in turn mass produces Darkspawns.
Except that only very few survive the process, according of the story. Butcher a million and you get maybe a handful of broodmothers.

Looking forward to DA2, btw. Hopefully they don't rush it. Hastily made expansions really don't cut it with me.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:00   Link #142
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Except that only very few survive the process, according of the story. Butcher a million and you get maybe a handful of broodmothers.

Looking forward to DA2, btw. Hopefully they don't rush it. Hastily made expansions really don't cut it with me.
Though considering that each broodmother can spawn thousands of darkspawn over the course of their existence then they really don't have a problem bolsturing their population. Thank god that each female doesn't become a broodmother or it would be game over already for everyone.

DA2 should be fun, but just curious on how it will turn out.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:19   Link #143
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though considering that each broodmother can spawn thousands of darkspawn over the course of their existence then they really don't have a problem bolsturing their population. Thank god that each female doesn't become a broodmother or it would be game over already for everyone.

DA2 should be fun, but just curious on how it will turn out.
If there was a lot of broodmothers then... We would be overwhelmed by Darkspawns on the very first day...
Old 2010-09-03, 18:27   Link #144
killer3000ad

First images of Lady Hawke at PAX 2010. Apologies for the poor quality, they were screencapped from the live streaming video. Credit goes to makenzieshepard and Saibh at the official forums.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-09-03 at 20:54.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 18:50   Link #145
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Really? There a rumor going on that...
Spoiler for From DAO:
This has been explicitly denied (and sneered at) by Bioware
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 12:12   Link #146
Irkalla
I asked for this

Lady Hawke looks like Morrigan, but oh well, at least now we know how they have envisioned her. Not much of a family resemblance going on, and I'm not talking about the beard
Old 2010-09-04, 12:52   Link #147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ha ur right she does resemble morrigan a bit.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:54   Link #148
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ha ur right she does resemble morrigan a bit.
This is giving me the thought, they might try to make a polar-reflection in Dragon Age: 2, where they make some/many characters look the same as the characters in Dragon Age: Origins

Just to replace those wonderful characters that will never join you again.
Old 2010-09-04, 14:04   Link #149
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
This is giving me the thought, they might try to make a polar-reflection in Dragon Age: 2, where they make some/many characters look the same as the characters in Dragon Age: Origins

Just to replace those wonderful characters that will never join you again.
True, but I don't think it's intentionally, it's more like how they envision a certain archetype character. Male Hawke looks like he could be Duncan's son to me, or maybe that is just the beard
Old 2010-09-05, 02:22   Link #150
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Some info from people attending PAX: Dual-Weapon and Archery are now Rogue-exclusive talent sets, Warriors cannot spec in them in DA2. This was apparently done so Warriors and Rogues could be more distinct from each other.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 06:34   Link #151
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
First images of Lady Hawke at PAX 2010. Apologies for the poor quality, they were screencapped from the live streaming video. Credit goes to makenzieshepard and Saibh at the official forums.

I must say...she looks quite hot, and it's quite resemblance with Morrigan. That make me certain that I will choose the female sex over male when I got the game lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 08:21   Link #152
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Its weird people choose the opposite gender because of looks. Hardly anyone pics the same gender as a Avatar of them self.

theres plenty of stuff on the internet to oogle at
Old 2010-09-05, 10:50   Link #153
Irkalla
I asked for this

I can't speak for everybody, but I prefer playing my own gender. I did play males though, but that was only to make them gay And I never play default characters if I have the option to make my own character. It's still nice that they had shown us female Hawke though, for equality's sake.
Old 2010-09-05, 11:14   Link #154
Tokkan

Quote:
Hardly anyone pics the same gender as a Avatar of them self.
Hah. A true escapist would prefer to roleplay as a character that is as far away from themself as possible, and that includes having a different gender.
Old 2010-09-05, 11:19   Link #155
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Don't misunderstand, having a choice between genders is what all RPG's should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Hah. A true escapist would prefer to roleplay as a character that is as far away from themself as possible, and that includes having a different gender.
uh right, cuz i'm anything close to a bad ass with a huge sword and bad ass magic who can tare people from limb to limb.

Face it, 90% of people who play a female character (who arent female them self) do it for the fanservice. While theres plenty of female characters to oogle when your playin a male character.

and if a guy plays a female character in a RP game with romances. what if there arent any lesbian or gay characters? they'll be stuck romancing another guy. I'd rather be a guy and romance a girl then play a girl and have to romance a guy *shiver*
Old 2010-09-05, 14:05   Link #156
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Some info from people attending PAX: Dual-Weapon and Archery are now Rogue-exclusive talent sets, Warriors cannot spec in them in DA2. This was apparently done so Warriors and Rogues could be more distinct from each other.
That make sense.. I usually play rogues (well, 'fighter/rogues' anyway), and in DA: O I was a strength-based, sword/dagger dual-wielding rogue dressed in full-plate armour. It's ridiculous. Then again, maybe it does make sense..?

I was practically a warrior with a lot of skill points. While not really optimized in terms of class-specific traits, he was perfect for a player character. I could talk my way out of things, pick locks, clear out traps, and backstab or stay in the front line. Party members were the ones that got levelled up according to established builds. (e.g., Zevran as a cunning-based, dagger dual-wielding rogue, etc.)
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 00:34   Link #157
Tokkan

Quote:
uh right, cuz i'm anything close to a bad ass with a huge sword and bad ass magic who can tare people from limb to limb.
That's not exactly what I meant. It's more along the lines of being an entirely different personality.

Quote:
Face it, 90% of people who play a female character (who arent female them self) do it for the fanservice. While theres plenty of female characters to oogle when your playin a male character.
Bullshit. I play both male and female characters in RPGs and I do it because I like to have different perspectives of the same story. Most of my Mass Effect characters are male, BTW.

Quote:
and if a guy plays a female character in a RP game with romances. what if there arent any lesbian or gay characters? they'll be stuck romancing another guy. I'd rather be a guy and romance a girl then play a girl and have to romance a guy *shiver*
That actually doesn't effect me much at all.
Old 2010-09-06, 00:41   Link #158
Who

Still not sure whether or not I want to give female Hawke a try. I tried a female Dwarf Commoner, and as much as I like boobs, I don't like them on me (or my character, for that matter). But to each their own.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 01:36   Link #159
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Right after I just got done killing her on "Nightmare" in Dragon Age Origins, she goes and resurrects herself as a bigger nuisance, and as I said earlier, with a hotter body...

(I wonder how she resurrected herself)
She is able to resurrect herself by possessing other peoples bodies right? Thats what she was planning to do to Morigan? She probably just picked a different host instead of Morigan....
And remember she is "The witch of the wilds" I am sure she is prepared for just about anything right? IDk
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 02:15   Link #160
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
She is able to resurrect herself by possessing other peoples bodies right? Thats what she was planning to do to Morigan? She probably just picked a different host instead of Morigan....
And remember she is "The witch of the wilds" I am sure she is prepared for just about anything right? IDk
Well with her new dragon form that we saw in the trailer, it must be 10x as more powerful as her previous form I can predict this

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360