AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 11:46   Link #141
sikvod00

Now that I've seen the entire first episode, I like the show a lot more. Funny how the people who've body-swapped took it better than the grumpy girl.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:21   Link #142
LKK

I didn't have too many hopes for this but decided to try it out because CR was streaming it. I'm glad I did. Episode 1 was much better than I imagined it would be. I didn't expect that the body switching would be temporary. The fact that it comes and goes makes the whole situation more intriguing. When's it going to happen? And who will switch next time?

If I have a complaint about episode 1, it would be that I didn't have enough time to sort out the characters before they started switching, especially the two dark-haired girls. Not helping the situation is my general difficulty remembering names. But I will persevere and keep watching. Maybe by series end, I'll sort out who's who well enough to not be further confused when who isn't in who's body.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:56   Link #143
Utsuro no Hako

I like that the characters (including the girls) are realistically perverted instead of the over-the-top trip-fall-grope-slap comedy of ecchi shows. Well, except for Fujishima.

Too bad the art is so meh.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:57   Link #144
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

What is this? K-on x Haruhi Suzumiya???
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:17   Link #145
Blaat

Am I the only who keeps adding 'de geso' at the end of every sentence by likes-cute-things girl?
Old 2012-07-07, 14:35   Link #146
ookamigirl

Well.... the body switch thing was interesting.
Wonder what triggered it in the first place.
Looks like they're jumping into whoever by accident.
It'll be fun when they learn how to control it.
Taichi seems to be the epicenter of it since he jumped twice.
This one has potential, so I'll give it a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:56   Link #147
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Did not really like this episode all that much. The female characters are okay, but the male characters are just boring. On top of that, this episode can't do "show don't tell" worth crap. Why did I need an explanation on how Taichi's one-liners can piss girls off that's twenty seconds long?

Edit: Oh, and the jokes weren't funny.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-07-07 at 15:24.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:26   Link #148
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I am in awe whenever I hear Sawashiro Miyuki speak and I believe she did a great job as Inaba.

As for the episode the first half was boring up until he thought about touching the breasts he just became owner of.

Well good episode so hope we get some more humor from the body switches.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:35   Link #149
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished the entire episode and I'm totally loving this, especially Inaba when she had to expose the two guys "hobbies" in the club to confirm the realization of the body-swapping phenomena that happening to them.

So a potential yuri classmate huh...nice! This is totally a keeper, and can't wait to see what kinds of situation humor will come from the body-swapping.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:39   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I couldn't help but think about how bland this looks compared to Hyouka. When the character design is so similar, it's really hard not to compare the two. I'm unsure whether it's Hyouka who looks too good or Kokoro Connect that looks terrible; a bit of both, I guess. Either way it feels like they were made years apart. I'm usually not all that fussy when it comes to visuals but I found the gap between the two quite shocking.

Oh, and the shot at the very beginning of the anime where you can see cars almost as big as the houses they're parked next to made me laugh quite a bit.

As for the plot itself... not much to say. Pretty damn boring so far. Thankfully there were a couple entertaining characters around to keep me from falling asleep.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:40   Link #151
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This turned out to be a lot more interesting than initially thought. I felt the characters played off well with one another and there was that genuine sense of "chumyness" between the group that I got in Tari Tari. And their reactions to the body swapping felt quite realistic. Less abject horror (like you'de expect in a typical show) and more confusion, skepticism and curiosity.

Perhaps it wasn't the most gripping first episode but it's a damn sight better than all the other ecchi crap I just had to suffer through.

I can't say I like Inaba that much since she's far too abrasive and rude, though I guess that's the point. But I doubt the Double Standard when it comes to physical abuse was intended, and it seems to be the type of show that's going to present it's male characters with negative stereotypes. I hope I'm wrong though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:54   Link #152
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I couldn't help but think about how bland this looks compared to Hyouka. When the character design is so similar, it's really hard not to compare the two. I'm unsure whether it's Hyouka who looks too good or Kokoro Connect that looks terrible; a bit of both, I guess. Either way it feels like they were made years apart. I'm usually not all that fussy when it comes to visuals but I found the gap between the two quite shocking.
It looks more like K-ON to me. Although even then, K-ON's animation was fluid while Kokoro's is mostly static.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:58   Link #153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I didn't really notice anything about the animation because I was watching it on my phone.

I guess I better keep it that way...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:05   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
It looks more like K-ON to me. Although even then, K-ON's animation was fluid while Kokoro's is mostly static.
I haven't seen K-on so I can't say. The first thing that sprung to mind for me was Hyouka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I didn't really notice anything about the animation because I was watching it on my phone.

I guess I better keep it that way...
It's not as bad as I made it sound. It just looks very bland and minimalistic. I think it's a stylistic choice actually, and I most likely wouldn't have been bothered by it if I didn't also watch Hyouka this season (or if either of the two had a non K-on-ish design). The problem is that I do, and that Kokoro looks like an emaciated Hyouka to me.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:16   Link #155
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for the plot itself... not much to say. Pretty damn boring so far. Thankfully there were a couple entertaining characters around to keep me from falling asleep.
Yeah pretty much the same here. Maybe my expectations were too high? I dunno, but it was pretty bland. Only saving grace so far for me would be Yui being too cute and her relentless pursuer, but apart from that? zzzz

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:32   Link #156
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Jeesus, that mole. It's like the principal from Uncle Buck. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Maybe this would have worked if there had been an episode or two to establish the characters' personalities before the body switching started. Reminded me of Natsuiro Kiseki's body switching in that regard, I simply didn't give a shit about any of the characters.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:57   Link #157
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Jeesus, that mole. It's like the principal from Uncle Buck. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Haha. I laughed since it was the very same reaction I had. I thought maybe it was something on the screen since it disappeared once in a while. Though I'm not a fan of moles on anime characters.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:58   Link #158
sikvod00

I'm the exact opposite; I love me a little mole on a cute face
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:32   Link #159
KaoruAoiShiho

Silver link! Woot!
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:37   Link #160
ellessarr
Banned

i'm the only noticed how they highlight show the Undertaker(wwe pro wrestler) poster??? O.o???, looks like the author is a big fan of him(too much scenes displaying the poster lol)
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life