AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-05, 06:33   Link #141
Remian

Emulating is one of the most illegal things one can do....

Anyways, i think GB DS ROCKS. The Sony PSP is just something they came up with to challenge nintendo, but Sony is known for games that really cant be simmered down and tossed into a less graphically capable little portable thing.

The DS is better because Nintendo can turn old games into totolly remodeled 3D. and everyone loves that. Its great when an old game that was released 12 years ago becomes remodeled to a new game.
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 08:36   Link #142
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remian
Emulating is one of the most illegal things one can do....

That's why we do it.

BWhahahahahHAahahahahahahah

But to be on topic, if the psp is affordable, I think most people (including my self) are going to buy it.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 12:37   Link #143
Remian

I think the PSP wont be very affordable. The Nintendo DS will be more affordable.

By the way, Now you can be caught downloading games by some internet police.

emulating= 5-10 yrs in prison.
Old 2004-07-05, 13:06   Link #144
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
I think the PSP wont be very affordable. The Nintendo DS will be more affordable.

By the way, Now you can be caught downloading games by some internet police.

emulating= 5-10 yrs in prison.

Downloading is not illegal, hosting is. That's why p2p was invented.
Old 2004-07-05, 16:22   Link #145
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Downloading is not illegal, hosting is. That's why p2p was invented.
Downloading copyrighted materials IS 100% illegal. Even through p2p.

However, it doesn't really matter since it can't be enforced.

There's no such thing as internet police.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 16:31   Link #146
DekaMaster
Banned

There will always be nintendo only fans and sony only fans. Myself and a few others I know are game fans. The system doesn't matter nor does the company. If they games are good what does it matter who makes the game or the system? I see people alot saying they either hate sony or they hate nintendo or they hate Xbox. When i ask why they just say because "i just do". Myself I see alot of games I would like to play on both.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 17:31   Link #147
Draikan7

I have to agree with nintendo, i don't see much hope for future gaming. Nintendo has repeatedly in the past said video gaming is doomed if things don't change. As the gap between current and next gen consoles becomes smaller and smaller, you can see where this will lead. same games with just better graphics? no thx. sadly, this market is based on graphics and violence. *cough*microsoft*cough*
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 18:06   Link #148
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7
I have to agree with nintendo, i don't see much hope for future gaming. Nintendo has repeatedly in the past said video gaming is doomed if things don't change. As the gap between current and next gen consoles becomes smaller and smaller, you can see where this will lead. same games with just better graphics? no thx. sadly, this market is based on graphics and violence. *cough*microsoft*cough*

Can you explain your statements please? How is the market based on violence? yes I can understand the graphics part but the other no. Also why is that only on Microsoft? Nintendo has said alot of things. Though in the last few years alot of what they have had to say doesn't really mean much.
Old 2004-07-05, 20:42   Link #149
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7

Violence is cool, but most of us don't really think it makes the biggest difference in deciding whether a game is good or not.

Graphics on the other hand is a whole different matter. I mean sure, graphics have never really been the biggest aspect for a game's intrigue a few years ago, but now it's all about graphics. You may think this concept is dumb, but graphics improves the quality and likeness of a game 10 folds becuase every thing looks better and makes the player enjoy it more. That is why most gamers these days enjoy having better graphics in their games.
Old 2004-07-07, 14:55   Link #150
Remian

what makes nintendo able to beat sony is that nintendo has walked down the road of portable gaming already, sony has not. With more experience, Sony may become an actual portable gaming legend, but for now, Sony is like a little baby and Nintendo is a grown man. The Baby cries when it falls, the Man gets back up....

that didnt make much sense
Old 2004-07-07, 15:21   Link #151
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
what makes nintendo able to beat sony is that nintendo has walked down the road of portable gaming already, sony has not. With more experience, Sony may become an actual portable gaming legend, but for now, Sony is like a little baby and Nintendo is a grown man. The Baby cries when it falls, the Man gets back up....

Yeah and a few years back sony had a brand new console out. Nintendo had had 2 of them out. Nintendo has had 4 system out so far and sony has had 2. Who's on top now. Now would you care to alter your statment?
Old 2004-07-07, 15:59   Link #152
Remian

my statement meant that Nintendo has more experience wis portables than Sony.

no need to flame me
Old 2004-07-07, 19:53   Link #153
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
my statement meant that Nintendo has more experience wis portables than Sony.

no need to flame me
I'm sorry if it came off as a flame it wasn't meant to be. I just get tired of the whole NINTENDO RULE no SONY RULES no SEGA rules stuff
Old 2004-07-08, 05:51   Link #154
Remian

It would be great if they all could forget about competition and make one Super Company. But life never works dat way......

Sega does rule though
Old 2006-04-14, 17:59   Link #155
Lumir

Quote:
It would be great if they all could forget about competition and make one Super Company. But life never works dat way......

Sega does rule though
To bad nintendo f#$ked up. Long ago sony used to be apart of nintendo, until nintendo stabbed sony in the back. Now look were sony is.
Old 2006-04-15, 06:31   Link #156
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Rare didn't went bankrupt, it was owned by Nintendo as one of ther second parties, but suddenly Nintendo decided to sell them (Nintendo is famously known for his extremly wierd decisions ), it seems Rare wasn't doing so well with their games. After they put them on sale Microsoft bought rare.
Common misinformation. Nintendo didn't own Rare (not in the traditional sense, anyway, they were a second-party company), they had a contract with them so that they would only make games for Nintendo. Then, years ago, Rare was in need for money, but Nintendo didn't want to give them money. So, M$ came forth, and offered money, and that sealed the deal. Rare was from then contracted to only make games for M$.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote