AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 10:41   Link #1601
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I saw the reason as Rudy Gay being very inefficient player and generally just wasn't a very good player.
Really Rudy Gay is not a star, and just decent player that is replaceable by collection of semi-decent role players.
Old 2013-05-23, 21:29   Link #1602
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Rudy gay is an inefficient offensive player. He get lots of points, but also needs lots of shots to do it, shots that could go to the more efficient randolph or gasol(the version before they face spurs that is ). Also, grizzlies use too much isolation play when they had rudy gay, which is not their strong point since they have one of the best front court tandem currently. He's a very good defensive player though, better than old version of prince, although they do have shane battier when they defeated spurs, who is also a good defensive player.

But again, just like I said, there is no what if scenario in nba game. The spurs lost against grizzlies two years ago fair and square. Their prized bench player didn't play as effective during playoff that year, and that's a big problem for a team that depend on overall team performance more than star powers like the spurs.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 22:30   Link #1603
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Pacers wins...
I think they actually can win the series, I am really impressed by them. Pacers seem like a really bad match up for Miami because of their size. Overall this series has been really fun to watch.
Old 2013-05-24, 23:30   Link #1604
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Miami has no one who can match up against Hibbert. The lack of good role player big man has been Miami's Achilles Heel all season, which is why they hire Andersen, but Hibbert is just too good for Andersen. I'm rooting for Pacers to win the series, but this will be a hard fought series.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:41   Link #1605
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Pacers wins...
I think they actually can win the series, I am really impressed by them. Pacers seem like a really bad match up for Miami because of their size. Overall this series has been really fun to watch.
Agreed on all points.
_________
It's kind of ironic that Lebron James, the one who made the winning layup in game 1 was also the one who made two back to back turnovers that cost the Heat Game 2.

EDIT: So after a OT win, the Spurs are now up 3-0 against the Grizzlies. It may be safe to say that, the San Antonio Spurs will be going to the NBA Finals.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-05-26 at 00:03.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 00:38   Link #1606
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

This is Spurs' year. Go Spurs!!! Go Tim Duncan!!!
Old 2013-05-26, 22:01   Link #1607
Xagzan

I think it was obvious this game was over at intermission, the way the Pacers were defending.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:22   Link #1608
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quite disappointed with the Pacers this game. It seems like they took for granted the first two games. I hope they come back in game 4. I am rooting for you despite being in Miami.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:25   Link #1609
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Yeah, disappointing, thought Indiana would do better.
Old 2013-05-26, 22:41   Link #1610
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yeah, disappointing, thought Indiana would do better.
If there was a team that can beat the Heat, the Pacers fits the scheme.

The Heat prefer high pace offense and defense which fit its players. Utilizing speed rather than size which then can cause frustration and sloppyness for players of most teams on the offensive end thus resulting in turnovers which then becomes fast breaks points which is to their strength. Speed works well when getting into position and moving the offensive, slower players often get out of position and thus easy path to the paint. Combine with the Heat's ability with many of their players to shoot beyond the Arc thus even if getting into the paint is not an option, there is a wide open jump shot with proven accurate players to take.

The Pacers counters this with experience with speed despite playing a slow pace offense. With having the speed to contain the Heat's driving ability and force them to swing it out on the outside. With the experience factors in, they counter the pick and roll quite well. Pacers excel in forcing the opponents outside of the paint to take jump shots. Courtesy of Hibbert with his athleticism and proven blocking ability coupled with being 7'2, he keeps the paint lock down and forces even Lebron to alter shots. George, West, and majority of the Pacers since possessing speeds makes jump shots even harder. Countering all of the Heat's strength and forcing the Heat to play old pace and old style playoff basketball, which is slow pace half court basketball.

The pacers this game seems to hesitate when running up to the shooters this game, might have been to adjust to Lebron which this game is proven to be bad idea. If I were the pacers' couches I rather have Lebron score 40 or 50 points a game and win the game, than guard Lebron hard and allow him to find his friends to help out. No one can stop Lebron, but you make make life hard for him to score and take away his comrades to help. Completly trying to stop Lebron will not work either and results in holes in the defense, specifically the jump shot since Hibbert does his job well.

I hope for the pacers to revert to their own techniques to stop the Heat. Just slow down the game both offensive and defensive, do not take unnecessary risks and force the Heat to play Half Court.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 23:07   Link #1611
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Spurs swept the grizzlies. I know the spurs are good, but a sweep is still unexpected grizzlies really need to add a good spot-up shooter to spread the floor more next year. Spurs tactic against them is basically clog up the paint and letting grizzlies shooter to shoot while hoping they miss more than not . Up next, either miami/pacers team.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:57   Link #1612
sky black swordman

Initially, I thought this series was going to be a long and hard fought series between the Spurs and the Grizzlies. But a clean sweep by the Spurs, this may very well be the Spurs' year.
Old 2013-05-28, 09:37   Link #1613
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Agreed, I did not expected the Grizzlies to be swept. So much for a gritty series. Looking forward with the Spurs at the finals.
Old 2013-05-28, 16:23   Link #1614
VTHokiePride

I had the Spurs winning, but in Game 6. Thought Memphis would win a few games. Even though I feel like Miami is going to the finals, I really want it to be Pacers and Spurs. Miami just has too many shooters on the bench and the Pacers turnover too much.
Old 2013-05-28, 16:49   Link #1615
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Spur sweeping Grizzlies was a surprise to me. Zack Randolph was doing really well
and super strong. Spur founded a way to totally shut him out with their bigs.
Spur has LOTS of players that can pass the ball well including their bigs. i'm also thinking
that this year is going to be a Spur year as well if they do exceptionally well and continue
their awesome team work.

with Ginobli running inside attacking the basket, Tony Parker and
Tim Duncan getting open shot, and their bigs giving a lot of passes to their
open man, Spur is pretty much unstoppable.

also, this is like a coincedence (spelling?) or just me, but last year, Clippers beats
Grizzlies and gotten to Spur and they got sweep. this year, Grizzlies beats Clippers
and gotten to Spur and they got sweep. the sweeping PARTIES!
Old 2013-05-28, 18:26   Link #1616
Kmos

Spurs are playing really well and when they're not Coach Popovich gets on them and straighten them out. It's the same old same old but it's running so well. I want to see a team like this succeed, should set a great example of how a basketball club is run.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 21:55   Link #1617
Xagzan

I've never really believed all those conspiracy theories about the League giving the Heat helpful little "nudges" in their games to get them to the finals for ratings, but for fuck's sake, three refs and the timekeeper don't just miss that the ball hit the rim! 24 second violation my ass. Utter insanity.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 22:29   Link #1618
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Doesn't matter, pacers still win in game 4 anyway. This will be one hell of a series, and the key to this series will be heat's supporting cast shooting.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:41   Link #1619
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Right, as Reaper said letting Lebron beat you is fine as he is impossible to guard. Your best chance is to take chance with Miami's role player. Though I think Paul George can slow him down to certain degree.

And damn Roy Hibbert has been so good.
Old 2013-05-28, 23:19   Link #1620
sky black swordman

This series is really looking like it will go down to a game 7, I'm pulling for the Pacers.

@Xagzan, I agree with you.

I ddin't expect "King" James to foul out!