AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-03-17, 06:13   Link #16381
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
We are 3 days before the ranking monthly rewards, which may or may not give more hints about future ships. IF we get stuff like Dauntless or Hellcat, then CV6 "Lucky E" might be a possibility. If not *shrugs*
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 10:57   Link #16382
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
You're wrong:

The bolded part clearly refers to an individual ship. One that put up a brave fight and sank with all men. The only candidate who this applies to as I stated above is Asashio.
That was what I thought too in the beginning. However, a comment in the Bahamut Forums pointed out that "全乗員" would be used for "sank with all hands" while "全艦" would mean "all ships".

Slightly off-topic, at this point Naganami's "全艦!長波に続け!突撃する!" came to mind and I'm very sure she meant "all ships". Out of curiosity, I ran a search to see how many shipgirls have lines with "全艦" in them and how they are being translated as. The ones that I found so far (Ashigara, Choukai, Jintsuu, Hyuuga, Hagikaze, Okinami, Hibiki, Yahagi, etc) all used "全艦" as "all ships".

So gathering from what we have here, we should still include Michishio as the other K2 candidate. Another comment in the aforementioned forum did suggested that if it's Michishio, the devs should have hinted at a member of the Nishimura Fleet, of which she is more closely associated with than the 8th Destroyer Fleet. Methinks this forgets that Asagumo and Yamagumo are also members of the Nishimura Fleet. What's more, the devs seem very fond of watching people guess and second-guess their vague comments, and throwing a hint as bait for an all-out waifu-war seems like something they would love to do, or so I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
We are 3 days before the ranking monthly rewards, which may or may not give more hints about future ships. IF we get stuff like Dauntless or Hellcat, then CV6 "Lucky E" might be a possibility. If not *shrugs*
I want more battleships. The rest of the Big Seven would be nice =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 11:08   Link #16383
AC-Phoenix
Detective

^
The Big seven weren't all that impressive though.
All of them sank prior to the end of the war (Mutsu even while docked) and one even needed the help of an entire fleet to sink one Battleship (and failed) because the crew apparently never heard of plunging damage. The only surviving member at the end of WWII is to my information Nagato.

Although that would make some characterization...

Bisko: She is useless, she doesn't even know what plunging damage is, rather have a match with me!
Nagato: ....
Rodney: Huh?! I know all about plunging damage!
Bisko: Really... Then enlighten us what it is.
Nagato: *FACEPALM*

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 11:17   Link #16384
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
^
The Big seven weren't all that impressive though.
All of them sank prior to the end of the war (Mutsu even while docked)
Wrong. The only Big Seven to sink during the war was Mutsu.
Old 2016-03-17, 11:26   Link #16385
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Wrong. The only Big Seven to sink during the war was Mutsu.
Huh? Didn't all but Nagato sink?
I) must have been at the wrong ships then oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 20:36   Link #16386
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Big Seven: the seven pre-Washington Treaty battleships completed with 16" guns.

Japan: Nagato and Mutsu
UK: Nelson and Rodney
USA: Colorado, Maryland, and West Virgina (fourth ship: Washington, cancelled by the treaty).
Old 2016-03-17, 22:39   Link #16387
abc0716

Finally managed to acquire the ship I want the most (at the moment) via, normal Ship Construction (didn't had much luck until yesterday )....

Images
A certain side ponytail CV
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Recipes I used:

Didn't participate the last event because I think my team is still not strong enough for it. Will consider to join the next event if possible...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 23:23   Link #16388
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Big Seven: the seven pre-Washington Treaty battleships completed with 16" guns.

Japan: Nagato and Mutsu
UK: Nelson and Rodney
USA: Colorado, Maryland, and West Virgina (fourth ship: Washington, cancelled by the treaty).
Mutsu was sunk because of an Magazine explosion.

Nagato survived WWII but was sunk as a Target ship (Nuke).

Nelson, Rodney, Colorado, Maryland and West Virginia survived too, but were all scrapped after WWII.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 00:28   Link #16389
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Didn't participate the last event because I think my team is still not strong enough for it. Will consider to join the next event if possible...
You should never not join an event because you don't think you are up to it. The first, sometimes second, maps are pretty easy and there is a difficulty setting nowadays. Usually those maps also drop some rare kanmusu who are harder to get / not available in the regular maps.
Old 2016-03-18, 02:53   Link #16390
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Meanwhile in Kancolle staff twitter:

Quote:

The ranking rewards for February will be released on said update and will award Daihatsu (APC & Infantry) .
In addition, Daihatsu can now be upgraded in the workshop
Depending on what Daihatsu consume and how much resources the upgraded ones bring, it may or may not worth it.
Quote:

The [New equipment for land assault missions] is a which is an "Amphibious equipment" that will be added along with Daihatsu (APC & Infantry) will help you in island assault missions.
* these equipment will be granted on completing new missions. The new equipment are optional, you don't need to obtain them at all cost.
Quote:

New quests will also be added to world 5 to award Daihatsu.
There will also be a Spring themed furniture gifted to everyone
Let's just hope those quests dont require Akitsumaru in the fleet wwww
Old 2016-03-18, 04:18   Link #16391
abc0716

Quote:
You should never not join an event because you don't think you are up to it. The first, sometimes second, maps are pretty easy and there is a difficulty setting nowadays. Usually those maps also drop some rare kanmusu who are harder to get / not available in the regular maps.
So it's somehow similar with Touhou's difficulty settings? Didn't realize that Kancolle also has this kind of feature. Thanks for notice me about this.
Old 2016-03-18, 04:26   Link #16392
Kakurin
大佐

I'm not familiar with this Touhou. In Kancolle events you have the choice of three difficulty settings (丙乙甲) which is adjustable for every single map. The difficulty can also be changed during the process of clearing the map. The restrictions are, once you have cleared a map you can't go back and change the setting (for farming) and that you can't jump from 丙 to 甲 directly in consecutive maps.
Old 2016-03-18, 04:35   Link #16393
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

@abc0716

Unlike Touhou which rely a lot on memorization of patterns, reflex and reading the game flow (when to bomb or not, etc...), Kancolle is mostly about stacking the best odds (shipgirls class and levels, equipments that are upgraded or not) in your favor and investing the needed resources to clear a map. And pray that RNG have mercy on you. What difficulty settings does it lowering the needed investment (because enemy fleet compositions are "easier") when you go normal or easy level, at the cost of lower rewards and some shipgirls that may not drop at normal or easy. Also going easy free you from shiplocking in events. Shiplocking must be expected and, as a consequence, you should not forget to level a wide variety of shipgirls to get ready for anything the devs throw at you. Especially if you have a few events in your belt and wanted to go higher difficulty level for better event rewards.

When I started, I used to think I was not ready for events and considered sitting Midway out. Then Myssa Rei nagged me into trying it, also Ooyodo as reward convinced me. Never regretted the decision to give it a try.

Last edited by Sheba; 2016-03-18 at 04:46.
Old 2016-03-18, 05:24   Link #16394
abc0716

Quote:
I'm not familiar with this Touhou. In Kancolle events you have the choice of three difficulty settings (丙乙甲) which is adjustable for every single map. The difficulty can also be changed during the process of clearing the map. The restrictions are, once you have cleared a map you can't go back and change the setting (for farming) and that you can't jump from 丙 to 甲 directly in consecutive maps.
Quote:
@abc0716

Unlike Touhou which rely a lot on memorization of patterns, reflex and reading the game flow (when to bomb or not, etc...), Kancolle is mostly about stacking the best odds (shipgirls class and levels, equipments that are upgraded or not) in your favor and investing the needed resources to clear a map. And pray that RNG have mercy on you. What difficulty settings does it lowering the needed investment (because enemy fleet compositions are "easier") when you go normal or easy level, at the cost of lower rewards and some shipgirls that may not drop at normal or easy. Also going easy free you from shiplocking in events. Shiplocking must be expected and, as a consequence, you should not forget to level a wide variety of shipgirls to get ready for anything the devs throw at you. Especially if you have a few events in your belt and wanted to go higher difficulty level for better event rewards.

When I started, I used to think I was not ready for events and considered sitting Midway out. Then Myssa Rei nagged me into trying it, also Ooyodo as reward convinced me. Never regretted the decision to give it a try.
Glad to hear about this. I will definitely try to play the next event map with easy/normal mode first.
Old 2016-03-18, 05:41   Link #16395
c933103
FTNR

中部海域 is world 6 not world 5
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 11:43   Link #16396
Kakurin
大佐

6-4 from the western side is borderline undoable at the boss node. Got a little streak going with three straight boss trips. The three results:

Images

Spoiler for Fleet Layout:

Back to the drawing board.
Old 2016-03-18, 22:29   Link #16397
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
6-4 from the western side is borderline undoable at the boss node. Got a little streak going with three straight boss trips. The three results:

Images

Spoiler for Fleet Layout:

Back to the drawing board.
6-4: Massacre of the kanmusu (and Admiral's sanity.).

Is it just me or today's Truk server is lagging really badly? My Imuya is on stealth mode and I could not sortie properly on sorties and PVPs...
Old 2016-03-19, 02:56   Link #16398
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

"Refining [Daihatsu ] requires Transport Barrels, Further Upgrading it requires [7.7 machine gun]"

source
Old 2016-03-19, 03:14   Link #16399
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
"Refining [Daihatsu ] requires Transport Barrels, Further Upgrading it requires [7.7 machine gun]"

source
Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have scrapped those machine guns...

The Daihatsu Landing Craft(Type 89 Medium Tank & Landing Forces) can be upgraded, but using... 25mm single autocannon mount.......

Ok maybe I shouldn't have scrapped these...
Old 2016-03-19, 03:19   Link #16400
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

those are fairly common equips that can come up from crafting dailies tho. And iirc Kongou, Aoba and Furutaka classes have 7.7mm as stock equipment.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls