Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-02, 03:44   Link #1642
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Persona 4: The half-assed animation
Which means that Horizon is more popular than this title.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-02, 03:49   Link #1643
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Which means that Horizon is more popular than this title.
What makes you think that? This topic is still about animes that you hate, but others like.
Also persona 4 bd and dvd sales are still higher than horizon's, so i can still assume p4 is more popular.
Old 2012-02-02, 03:57   Link #1644
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
What makes you think that? This topic is still about animes that you hate, but others like.
Also persona 4 bd and dvd sales are still higher than horizon's, so i can still assume p4 is more popular.
Oh right! When people hate an anime that the others like without giving any reason, I would explain.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-02, 04:50   Link #1645
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Oh right! When people hate an anime that the others like without giving any reason, I would explain.
You are making a generalized presumption that horizon is more popular than p4 based on the fact that the people on this topic seem to dislike it. However that presumption is false based on the amount of sales, because if horizon was really more popular then it would have outsold p4.
Old 2012-02-02, 05:37   Link #1646
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I've got a few more, but first I'll list the series I've already put here in older posts just as a refresher:

Sora no Otoshimono
Highschool of the Dead
Seikon no Qwaser
Infinite Stratos
To-LOVE-Ru

Now then moving on...

Seto no Hanayome - For some reason this series gets an odd amount of praise from what I've seen. To be honest, I don't really remember much about it aside from it being about some guy who gets married to the daughter of a mermaid mafia don. What I DO remember is that I couldn't stand it. I guess I'm just repressing all the horrid-ness this show displayed to me.

Kampfer - Ugh. What a poor excuse to have an unwanted harem and ludicrous amounts of yuri in the same goddamn show. Concept would've been much better overall if the lead was just a chick from the beginning. I probably still wouldn't like it even then, but still...

Zero no Tsukaima - I just find myself failing to care about anything that happens in this series. The characters are cardboard cutouts, the plot is practically non-existent, the fantasy world is incredibly shallow and the harem/ecchi aspect receives way more focus than it should. Really the only reason I'm watching the last season is for sake of completion, but to be fair, until the most recent episode it's managed to be somewhat decent. Now I just don't care again.
Old 2012-02-02, 06:38   Link #1647
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I've got a few more, but first I'll list the series I've already put here in older posts just as a refresher:

Sora no Otoshimono
Highschool of the Dead
Seikon no Qwaser
Actually, Qwaser got more fan haters than fan lovers in the way of "only few people love it while most people hate it".
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-02, 06:44   Link #1648
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

This is why this thread constantly fails:
People keep coming up with niche shows that few have ever heard or cared about, except for a small group of otaku.
And then they go "look at this show! I hate it because it caters so much to [insert random otaku fetish] and does nothing else".

Guys, popular shows. Read the title.
Old 2012-02-02, 07:05   Link #1649
Eragon
Still Alive

How about this one, School Days.
The show's absolutely retarded, literally. The characters have no logic behind their actions. If you checked its forum on this site, in the polls, it has as many haters as fans. I seriously don't get why people like this piece of garbage.
Old 2012-02-02, 12:56   Link #1650
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I'm doing my damnedest to choose anime that fit this criteria. There's just very little mainstream stuff I've watched that I dislike, so I have to resort to some of the more popular niche programs. I'm making judgements in these shows popularity based on what I've observed and opinions I have read.

Believe me, my list would be much longer if I felt I could post any series in here.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-02-02 at 13:27.
Old 2012-02-02, 16:26   Link #1651
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
The show's absolutely retarded, literally. The characters have no logic behind their actions. If you checked its forum on this site, in the polls, it has as many haters as fans. I seriously don't get why people like this piece of garbage.
worst post in the history of AnimeSuki

lol jk

There's some stories that don't receive the appreciation they deserve until generations have passed. I hope that School Days is one of those stories. I hope that in the future School Days is loved by all, that the notion that School Days is a badly-written series might one day be considered as silly as the fact that people used to believe that cameras steal your soul or that sea monsters guarded the edges of the earth. I hope that the trinity of Makoto, Sekai, and Kotonoha will be regarded as role models that all human beings will try to take after. This is the future of which I dream.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:03   Link #1652
tag1981

Right now I'm hating on One Piece with a passion. Those who have actually watched it most of the way through have talked the world about it being the best shonen anime. Well I just started watching and I'm not impressed at all.

Characters are nothing special so far.
Story doesn't grab you.
Animation is ugly.

4 freakin' episodes of Buggy the Pirate Clown!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm literally fighting to keep myself watching it. I know it takes some time to get going but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this painful. It hasn't been even mildly entertaining.

I will continue, simply because of everybody raving about it. But as of right now, this anime doesn't even come close to Bleach or Naruto.

Last edited by tag1981; 2012-02-02 at 21:27.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:01   Link #1653
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
This is why this thread constantly fails:
People keep coming up with niche shows that few have ever heard or cared about, except for a small group of otaku.
And then they go "look at this show! I hate it because it caters so much to [insert random otaku fetish] and does nothing else".

Which title exactly are you addressing here?
I don't see a single title on this page that fits your "niche anime no one's heard about" bill.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:38   Link #1654
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag1981 View Post
Right now I'm hating on One Piece with a passion. Those who have actually watched it most of the way through have talked the world about it being the best shonen anime. Well I just started watching and I'm not impressed at all.

Characters are nothing special so far.
Story doesn't grab you.
Animation is ugly.

4 freakin' episodes of Buggy the Pirate Clown!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm literally fighting to keep myself watching it. I know it takes some time to get going but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this painful. It hasn't been even mildly entertaining.

I will continue, simply because of everybody raving about it. But as of right now, this anime doesn't even come close to Bleach or Naruto.
Yea sure, keep watching. I met a lot of haters that only WATCHED UP TO BUGGY and said it sucked.

Also, saying One Piece is worse than Bleach is utterly ridiculous, actually. That's not even an opinion anymore, it's a simple fact: OP is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bleach. I can't argue with Naruto though, but Bleach? omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
People actually like this? I am sure most ''liked'' the ending, in which, you know, the most hated character of everyone DIES
Old 2012-02-02, 23:17   Link #1655
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

There's some stories that don't receive the appreciation they deserve until generations have passed. I hope that School Days is one of those stories. I hope that in the future School Days is loved by all, that the notion that School Days is a badly-written series might one day be considered as silly as the fact that people used to believe that cameras steal your soul or that sea monsters guarded the edges of the earth. I hope that the trinity of Makoto, Sekai, and Kotonoha will be regarded as role models that all human beings will try to take after. This is the future of which I dream.
You are joking right?
Old 2012-02-02, 23:21   Link #1656
tag1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Yea sure, keep watching. I met a lot of haters that only WATCHED UP TO BUGGY and said it sucked.

Also, saying One Piece is worse than Bleach is utterly ridiculous, actually. That's not even an opinion anymore, it's a simple fact: OP is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bleach. I can't argue with Naruto though, but Bleach? omg.
Well I made it pretty obvious that I just started OP. Matter of fact I'm only on the 10th episode. When I compare this anime's beginning with the other big 2 it really falls short, which is now why I understand why it has yet to really hit it big in the States.

Bleach - It starts off very mysterious and the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia really draws you in mostly because you don't know where they stand with each other in the beginning. Then by the 15th episode it hits its stride with its first major arc.

Naruto(does even better) - By the 3rd episode the team is put together introducing the viewer, IMO, to one of the coolest anime characters ever created, Kekashi. And by the 6th episode it hits its first major arc.

My problem with OP is its taking too long introducing the main characters. Let us know who they are and a little back story, one episode needed tops. They can go more in-depth later on. But regardless I will give it a chance. I've heard too many good things about OP for me to just blow it off.
Old 2012-02-02, 23:28   Link #1657
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag1981 View Post
Well I made it pretty obvious that I just started OP. Matter of fact I'm only on the 10th episode. When I compare this anime's beginning with the other big 2 it really falls short, which is now why I understand why it has yet to really hit it big in the States.

Bleach - It starts off very mysterious and the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia really draws you in mostly because you don't know where they stand with each other in the beginning. Then by the 15th episode it hits its stride with its first major arc.

Naruto(does even better) - By the 3rd episode the team is put together introducing the viewer, IMO, to one of the coolest anime characters ever created, Kekashi. And by the 6th episode it hits its first major arc.

My problem with OP is its taking too long introducing the main characters. Let us know who they are and a little back story, one episode needed tops. They can go more in-depth later on. But regardless I will give it a chance. I've heard too many good things about OP for me to just blow it off.
The thing is: OP keeps getting better and better. Naruto and Bleach? The first is consistent enough but the second isn't. It gets TOO MUCH WORSE. And OP is estabilishing it's own world and revealing it bit by bit with character development in between. It is slow, but it's the sure way(IMO) to go for a great series. It picks up afterwards, surely.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:10   Link #1658
judasmartel
*Author

Hmhm. The 4th Shinobi World War is taking too long, a lot of corners have not yet been covered, and more ridiculously game-breaking jutsus abound.

Bleach? Haven't heard more about it lately.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:29   Link #1659
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
OP keeps getting better and better.
Well, if he says that the first 20 episodes can't make him stay watching, then it is impossible for him to keep on watching for another 400.

As for me, except for Gintama and Major, I have stopped investing time on really long anime series, especially Detective Conan, Knockout and One Piece. Besides, I can't say that the character designs of One Piece that appealing anyway. I only follow Naruto and Bleach through the manga, and I only watch the filler arcs for both in the anime.

Now that I've reminded myself of Detective Conan, I have to say this:
GOD DAMMIT! Why is Shinichi still a child? When will he start to sort out the clues pointing to his mysterious shrinking?!
So much for having the title "Case Closed"; it's already 647 episodes!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:42   Link #1660
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Steins;Gate

I thought was meh for being too near reality than any time-related anime ever.
Closed Thread