Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-06-16, 06:25   Link #1701
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
Uhm, your wording is weird, do you support the new project to hopefully spark a continuation of the series because you hate the thought of creating a 'happening' out of nowhere to start a new one?
really don't like this Abomination/CANCER/GARBAGE/DISEASE called geass from let see

1.the LIES really how much are there?

2.the "victims" really how many lives were lost include innocient such as euphie & shirley.

3.hiding the truth really how much more truth to hides?

4.too many WTFH twists etc really too confuse.

5.is "he" alive oh come i know that sword is a trick & othere knew about "it"

overall i got many more reasons but like i a said i HATE geass & only way i ok on it IF they RESTART/REBOOT it or yet new story with time travel to really "SAVE" it.

yea in terms i wanted next geass project be either time travel or a RESTART/REBOOT to prevent those "events" to happen & SAVE it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 07:40   Link #1702
Chupps

Oh, i think then i gave you too much credit when i was confused.
Uhm, to put it short and sweetly i think the problems you have with CG stem from your inability to follow a 'complex' plot. Which isn't a bad thing, not everyone can (or the movie industry would put more focus into those and not action sequels with half baked stories & mediocre directing/acting).

I laughed at the suggestion of time travel introduced into CG , that really would be diabolical. Time travel in anything to me seems pretty self destructive.

Now i feel like i've wasted a few lines & my time, the perfect answer/solution for you is: "Read/Watch something else if you don't like it"
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 12:06   Link #1703
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
Oh, i think then i gave you too much credit when i was confused.
Uhm, to put it short and sweetly i think the problems you have with CG stem from your inability to follow a 'complex' plot. Which isn't a bad thing, not everyone can (or the movie industry would put more focus into those and not action sequels with half baked stories & mediocre directing/acting).
I'm sorry to interject, but when exactly did CG have a "complex" plot? Your response above assumes so much. I also hope Code Geass isn't the only anime you've watched.

*flees before the hordes of CG-fans gets the wind of this outburst.*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 12:15   Link #1704
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
*sniffs the air and gets wind of outburst*

while i do agree that the plot isn't all that complex, what it IS, is badly paced and under developed at times.
especially in the LAST two arcs
Old 2010-06-16, 12:26   Link #1705
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm sorry to interject, but when exactly did CG have a "complex" plot? Your response above assumes so much. I also hope Code Geass isn't the only anime you've watched.

*flees before the hordes of CG-fans gets the wind of this outburst.*
Note the apostrophes and what i was hinting towards
Old 2010-06-16, 13:58   Link #1706
Xander

Complexity is relative...and it's not always an inherently good thing either. In other words, simplicity can also be a virtue.

I would say most of Code Geass is just about as complex (and, looking at the other side of the same coin, convoluted) as your average Gundam series, give or take a couple of exceptions, and leave it at that. There's really no need to make a bigger deal about it. Execution or presentation flaws are an entirely different matter.

To bring this back on topic, at least slightly...one of the reasons why I'm assuming -and hoping- Code Geass Gaiden won't deal with Geass itself or any significant related issues is that there would probably be a potential benefit from focusing on less subjects at any given time, in terms of both plot and production concerns.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 07:25   Link #1707
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh come on do you any regrets or 2nd thought of really NOT like what they did really is just so NOT RIGHT in any ways.

really it's like a total DISASTER really so many "victims" & "events" that should NOT happen.

is is truely a reason why i'm asking this to be RESTART/REBOOT or even yet do a time travel?

for yet to prevent those "happening" & SAVE it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 07:39   Link #1708
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

This is what I see happening in the new series:

A cameo by Charles and Marianne.

Not expys either, but the actual characters, because it'll probably be revealed that C's World transcends linear time or some bullshit like that.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:14   Link #1709
Xander

Considering Charles should be alive and in perfect health during the time of the new anime project, I don't think that will be much of a concern.

Once again, I would expect to find more Geass-related or supernatural trickery in the manga, which seems likely given what little we've seen of it so far.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 18:56   Link #1710
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Umm, I know this is very sudden, but...I've managed to get a hold of the RAWs for the first chapter of "Shikkoku no Renya". (I was tired of waiting for the bloody thing, so I ordered the magazine over the Internet and finally got it today.) Unfortunately, because of the crack-down on RAWs of manga that's been happening over the Internet recently (mangahelpers. com is a good example of that), I don't really have anywhere to send these, and I'm not able to translate it myself. (I don't know why, but my translations of text in manga always turn out very...iffy, to say the least.) So I've decided to just post this first and ask if anyone of you guys know any good translator/scanlators out there who would be able to put these RAW scans to good use. Otherwise, I'll just try and look for someone myself.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 23:57   Link #1711
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Umm, I know this is very sudden, but...I've managed to get a hold of the RAWs for the first chapter of "Shikkoku no Renya". (I was tired of waiting for the bloody thing, so I ordered the magazine over the Internet and finally got it today.) Unfortunately, because of the crack-down on RAWs of manga that's been happening over the Internet recently (mangahelpers. com is a good example of that), I don't really have anywhere to send these, and I'm not able to translate it myself. (I don't know why, but my translations of text in manga always turn out very...iffy, to say the least.) So I've decided to just post this first and ask if anyone of you guys know any good translator/scanlators out there who would be able to put these RAW scans to good use. Otherwise, I'll just try and look for someone myself.
CXC Scans maybe? They were scanlating about half of chapters of NoN
Old 2010-06-18, 12:39   Link #1712
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Thanks for the advice, Konart, but I've already been contacted by someone interested in scanlating it, so it's all good now. Considering there's 52 pages in the first chapter, it shouldn't be TOO long before it comes out. (At least we know that it's definitely going to get done now.)
Old 2010-06-18, 13:55   Link #1713
Chupps

Sweet news, let us know when it's done. I'm eager to read it.
Old 2010-06-18, 23:59   Link #1714
levithian

Thanks in advance Eternal Dreamer, I am waiting for the chapter.

by the way is this scan new or old ?
I think it is new, please if you can find any new information in it.

http://basementotaku.com/wp-content/...aunch-Scan.jpg

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-26 at 17:32.
levithian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 01:04   Link #1715
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by levithian View Post
Thanks in advance Eternal Dreamer, I am waiting for the chapter.

by the way is this scan new or old ?
I think it is new, please if you can find any new information in it.

http://basementotaku.com/wp-content/...aunch-Scan.jpg
Old one. One of the first of scans dedicated to new manga
Old 2010-06-21, 13:04   Link #1716
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Thing is, will the manga be considered canon? I was under the impression that the manga for Code Geass wasn't canon compared to the anime.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 13:11   Link #1717
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The official stance of Sunrise is that anything that is animated is canon, anything that isn't is not. Ultimately, no one gives a shit about Sunrise's stance on things except Sunrise.

Taniguchi, however, says that the Renya manga is canon to the LotR anime universe.
Old 2010-06-21, 13:12   Link #1718
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Thing is, will the manga be considered canon? I was under the impression that the manga for Code Geass wasn't canon compared to the anime.
That was true for the previous manga, like Nightmare of Nunnally and Suzaku of the Counterattack. However, this new one, Shikkoku no Renya or Jet-Black Renya, has been clearly stated by Taniguchi and Takuma to be within Code Geass' official history, so it will be canon.
Old 2010-06-24, 12:06   Link #1719
konart

http://mangahelpers.com/t/shadowskill/releases/23163

Renya's 1st chapter translation
Old 2010-06-25, 19:35   Link #1720
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I don't think I'm allowed to post links to scanlation sites, so I'll just announced that chapter 1 has been released by CXC Scans, thanks to Eternal Dreamer to providing me the raws.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha