AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-05-10, 09:35   Link #17221
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So for today's session of E-6E (limiting myself to just 3 sorties into E-6 to preserve my resources and sanity) I went to the stated debuff nodes (G node is already a node you'll visit with a 2 CV comp), and both the A nodes and L nodes are pushovers. Yes, EVIL KAGA is still as evil as always, but my first attempt at her got me an S-Rank - hell, Abyssal Hagikaze was the only one who lasted into night battle

Also, the E-5I S-Rank was so easy to get with Mogami and Suzuya packing Zuiuns and Hatsuzuki bringing AACI to play.

I got Central Princess down to 22HP when I only cleared 3 of the 4 Debuff nodes (foolishly went to chip of health from her when I only cleared the 3 E-6 nodes), so now I'm a bit more confident in my chances of a kill shot come Last Stand. Still, my bauxite reserves are going down the drain fast

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 10:05   Link #17222
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academus View Post
perhaps concentrate T89 and tank on the same ship.
Imho, it is a bad idea. Having a T89 and tank on the same DD means they only have 1 main gun. Not only they don't benefit from the possible extra accuracy of the second gun (mainly 10cm FD or 12.7cm), you don't have any night battle DA. Damage is still quite unstable with installation, so it is very likely you will have a bad armor roll, and having a single shot means that you are at risk of failing like that.

Also, unless you have a lot of tank/T89, concentrating them on the same ship dampen your damage by a huge margin if that anti installation DD happens to be in chuuha or taiha.

From what I've seen with my own runs and others' video, the tank alone is plenty enough.
Old 2016-05-10, 10:22   Link #17223
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academus View Post
Replace your CAV's Zuiun with WG42 (yes I mean give your CL's WG42 to CAV).
Won't that make me have only 4 ships instead of 5 capable of bringing down the boss which lessen the success chance given how I'm being aimbotted?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm done for tonight. I just got taiha'd at I FOUR TIMES IN A ROW......even when my fleet is sparkled. 4 boss supports wasted.

EDIT: I'm seriously considering of lowering the difficulty. I don't know why my RNG is so horrible. ALL fleets are FULLY sparkled so I didn't cut any corners. I even sent BOTH supports.

I ENTER the boss like this

At the end of day battle?

It becomes like THIS

I don't understand. I ran the same setup as people who have little to no difficulty clearing this.

Am I being condemned by RNG here?

Here's how yasen ended: Mogami REFUSED to shoot the boss. D rank.

I'm nearly giving up. I'm gonna try shift my WG42 to my CAVs and run tomorrow. If I STILL get aimbotted, I'm downgrading it to normal already. I'm at a point where I don't really care about the rewards I'm getting. I'm even questioning myself why am I playing this game when my RNG is so horrible. It's not like I'm expecting something else. People HAD success with the same thing but here I am, getting shit on by RNG.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2016-05-10 at 11:55.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 13:50   Link #17224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ It is the same issue why I was stuck for 2 days on E7甲 last dance or why Kakurin was stuck on E6甲 forever: a matter of perseverance or masochism.

Anyway, finally some better RNG for me with Oyashio on E6 node L.
Definitely way easier to farm than E7 node D, although it is still expensive in 甲 because you are guaranteed to have at least 2-4 Chuuha/taiha kanmusu thanks to Kuubo Seiki and Kuchiku Suiki.
Stats are as follow:
40 Runs (31 S ranks, 5 A Ranks, 2 retreats on node K, 2 catbombs). Half of my drops were commons while the rest were gold (nearly no silver), and...10 instances of absolutely no drop, mostly for S ranks to boot. Got 2 Mikuma while farming Oyashio.

No idea how it works in 丙 or 乙, but E7 node D is just hell. Not only you are nearly forced to use 2 full reppuu base squadrons against that node to hope for AS+, but even if you have AS+, wo kai air strike + princesses preemptive torp just ruin your day. Scoring a S rank is hard as hell and I'm not even sure if it is a repeatable feat even with Yamato class.

It is my usual policy to rescue everyone ever since IBS fiasco, but this event drove me so badly on a pyrrhic victory that I think I have to give up on Harukaze (the fact I got 3 commons for my 3 S rank there also factored in that).
Hell, I wasn't supposed to farm for Oyashio until I bothered checking her voice samples.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-05-10 at 14:14.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 18:42   Link #17225
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
KanbeKotori: It's your choice really. Plus it's not like this hasn't happened to everyone here at least once -- go back at least a year, and read about my own frustrations for example.

Tell you what. Step back from the event for a few days, use it to recoup your resources, then come back maybe this weekend. You'll feel less frustrated that way.
Old 2016-05-10, 20:10   Link #17226
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ It is the same issue why I was stuck for 2 days on E7甲 last dance or why Kakurin was stuck on E6甲 forever: a matter of perseverance or masochism.

Anyway, finally some better RNG for me with Oyashio on E6 node L.
Definitely way easier to farm than E7 node D, although it is still expensive in 甲 because you are guaranteed to have at least 2-4 Chuuha/taiha kanmusu thanks to Kuubo Seiki and Kuchiku Suiki.
Stats are as follow:
40 Runs (31 S ranks, 5 A Ranks, 2 retreats on node K, 2 catbombs). Half of my drops were commons while the rest were gold (nearly no silver), and...10 instances of absolutely no drop, mostly for S ranks to boot. Got 2 Mikuma while farming Oyashio.

No idea how it works in 丙 or 乙, but E7 node D is just hell. Not only you are nearly forced to use 2 full reppuu base squadrons against that node to hope for AS+, but even if you have AS+, wo kai air strike + princesses preemptive torp just ruin your day. Scoring a S rank is hard as hell and I'm not even sure if it is a repeatable feat even with Yamato class.

It is my usual policy to rescue everyone ever since IBS fiasco, but this event drove me so badly on a pyrrhic victory that I think I have to give up on Harukaze (the fact I got 3 commons for my 3 S rank there also factored in that).
Hell, I wasn't supposed to farm for Oyashio until I bothered checking her voice samples.

Well I'm not M for one. Also don't have the time to do expeditions 24/7 to recoup all the resources for Summer and I know for sure Summer is gonna be terrible like all Summer events were but I'll see.

Btw I think it's better to wait till the 13th maintenance to farm for Oyashio. Her drop rate will be increased. Devs said it.

【5/13(金)】に実施させていただく予定です。
本メンテでは、
・「親潮」邂逅可能性の拡大
Old 2016-05-11, 02:40   Link #17227
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Is it just me or E7 pretty much force you to choose Carrier Task Force or you run out of fuel and ammo, or are forced to take Hayasui with her supplies, should you choose Surface Task Force?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 02:50   Link #17228
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Thanks for all the help guys!

First run of today and RNG decides to turn off aimbot today, resulting in me clearing.

The only change I made was boss aerial to boss shelling support but even then, support did hardly anything other than sinking one PT boat and chuuha an Arty Imp. I was spared by aimbot today so boss was the only one left standing to yasen and I have 4 ships to attempt the kill.

Thanks so much guys! Damn this is the first time I'm feeling the effects of RNG aimbots. I know it'll be hell later on, I'm just glad I got this cleared.
Old 2016-05-11, 03:09   Link #17229
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Well I'm not M for one. Also don't have the time to do expeditions 24/7 to recoup all the resources for Summer and I know for sure Summer is gonna be terrible like all Summer events were but I'll see.
Season does not matter for event scale and difficulty. The developers never implemented 2 huge events twice a row, and this one is particularly hard in every possible aspect, even in 丙.
Otherwise, they would have implemented super hard events every fall since IBS was quite traumatic, yet they have introduced Akizuki's event (one of the easiest), and Operation Rei go last year which was medium.
Quote:
Btw I think it's better to wait till the 13th maintenance to farm for Oyashio. Her drop rate will be increased. Devs said it.
It doesn't exactly matter if the drop rate increase is minimal, and it isn't like farming prior that boost is "that" detrimental. In my case, I had to do that so I wouldn't be stuck above the natural regen cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Is it just me or E7 pretty much force you to choose Carrier Task Force or you run out of fuel and ammo, or are forced to take Hayasui with her supplies, should you choose Surface Task Force?
Kidou Butai route is the way especially since the boss is still "weak" to planes attack.
Old 2016-05-11, 04:17   Link #17230
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am looking at the operational range of fighters, and yes I can see many TTK who gonna feel bad about scrapping those models 21 and 52. And I know what I gonna do in 5-4. Train those motherfuckers for the monthly Houshou quest.
Old 2016-05-11, 04:28   Link #17231
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I am looking at the operational range of fighters, and yes I can see many TTK who gonna feel bad about scrapping those models 21 and 52. And I know what I gonna do in 5-4. Train those motherfuckers for the monthly Houshou quest.
Ironically the indicator for range seems to be the highest ranged plane.
Because If you go to E7 with a full airbase of Reppus it well tell you that its over at one of the pre boss nodes.
However if you mix in even the weakest Betty the squadron will reach the boss and unleash its full power onto it.

---
In other news: Wow Iowa really is an expensive boat - and I'm not talking about what was needed to get her but abut what she actually eats. Hotel 3.0

Now I want to see her in the anime next to Akagi too.

// Will iowa actually get repaired btw? Specifically the bug where her max stats increase randomly increase; Or will it just be that all random increases until the fix will stay afterwards?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-05-11 at 07:34.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 05:14   Link #17232
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So with my bauxite levels up to snuff (15k) and with my will prepared, I went into today's set of E-6 Sorties hoping to further chip off health from Central, and hopefully get her to last dance.

I came expecting an epic fight. This is what happened after the first sortie instead:

Didn't manage to cap that clutch moment, but my squads absolutely nuked Central before anyone else, and with every other enemy falling finally got me my first A-Rank on the boss. Those debuff nodes really came in handy this time.

E-7 up next

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-05-11, 06:18   Link #17233
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
In 丙, there is only 1 formation that contains the Wo Kai with tako planes, bringing up the AS to 430++. Other formations include Wo flagship with full red Tako planes, half(?) tako planes, and normal planes. The air strikes doesn't deal much, but its still RNG. It does not require using Base squadrons.

Scoring a S rank is easy, but getting Oyashio will be really tough. With some samples from my ship drops, a lot are no drop.. Oh god... X_X Rumors also say that only 2 forms (Full red tako planes and Wo kai.) have a chance to drop Oyashio. Others are duds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So with my bauxite levels up to snuff (15k) and with my will prepared, I went into today's set of E-6 Sorties hoping to further chip off health from Central, and hopefully get her to last dance.

I came expecting an epic fight. This is what happened after the first sortie instead:

Didn't manage to cap that clutch moment, but my squads absolutely nuked Central before anyone else, and with every other enemy falling finally got me my first A-Rank on the boss. Those debuff nodes really came in handy this time.

E-7 up next
Lol, I wouldn't say it is an epic fight, but it is hell...
Old 2016-05-11, 08:30   Link #17234
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Scoring a S rank is easy, but getting Oyashio will be really tough. With some samples from my ship drops, a lot are no drop.. Oh god... X_X Rumors also say that only 2 forms (Full red tako planes and Wo kai.) have a chance to drop Oyashio. Others are duds...
Might want to wait for Friday's bugfix/maintenance then, as they'll be buffing Oyashio's drop chances then.

Also, sortied twice into E-7 so far, and after the HELL that was E-5 and E-6, E-7 honestly feels like a vacation. Already gotten A-Ranks on both sorties, and 1 boss kill. My only limitation are my bauxite stores, which are currently at 11k. I'll need to run bauxite expeds full time to get that to useable levels before my next sortie.

Old 2016-05-11, 14:00   Link #17235
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Not that big of a deal but...

まだまだBattle shipの時代は終わらないわ、見てなさい。Fire!

Does Iowa actually say Battle ship in this line, like they wrote it down? To me out sounds more like she is saying 'name ship'
(Night attack, and almost all of her other attacks, I have yet to hear her maniac laughter lol)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-05-11, 14:20   Link #17236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The wikia doesn't have the proper recorded lines for some cases. In this case, Iowa says "Name shipは伊達じゃないのよ…うふふ、やっちゃうからね!" "I'm not a nameship just for show... Fufu, I will get you!".
Most likely a different line for non kai / kai form.
Old 2016-05-11, 14:25   Link #17237
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
The wikia doesn't have the proper recorded lines for some cases. In this case, Iowa says "Name shipは伊達じゃないのよ…うふふ、やっちゃうからね!" "I'm not a nameship just for show... Fufu, I will get you!".
Most likely a different line for non kai / kai form.
Thanks, that explains a lot.
I already thought my ears were playing tricks on me, since the rest of the translation would have made zero sense without the word battlehship in it

Old 2016-05-11, 18:44   Link #17238
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Cleared E6 and E7 in easy modo, without a single bit of regret or remorse. E5 have broken me, whoever want Lycoris as his waifu shall be keelhauled, on charge of treason.

So I went easy, after having weighted down the gains and losses of resources in-game and time irl, knowing that my workload is increasing for the next twelve days, with a D&D5 game on the way too.

With this fleet

Spoiler:

The chipping phase have been a walk in the park with no retreat at all. The compass trolling only happened once, which is much better than Summer 2015 E7 (seriously fuck this map forever). That's until I hit final dance and got five times where I failed to kill the boss and two early retreats. I used boss support after the second fail, mind you.

I swapped Taihou with Kaga, Fusou + Yamashiro with Yamato + Nagato then I decided... to swap Kaga with Hayasui, which I already used in E6 and she was useful (I decided to put my stock of oil drums to some use). Actually, I only used her once in E7 and that was decisive. Perhaps it was the replenishment that helped my girls dodge and hit better, perhaps it was the air raids that contributed

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The boss support bombardment helped clean more trash. And I was left with Abyssal Nagamon, Ancient destroyer hime and Central Hime by the time night battle arrived.

Images

Took Jintsuu and Prinz to get the job done. And allow me to go back home with Iowa.

Images

Resources before & after E7

Images

With that event out of this way, I can focus on the preparation of the Dungeons & Dragons 5 game scheduled for the 22nd.

Thoughts on Event

The Good
  • Having to use many ships. Even those I seldom use like Takao & Atago, Mogamin & Mikuma. This event allowed classes like CAV & BBV to have their time to shine.
  • The LBA helped a good deal.
  • Was skeptical about the Mutsuki predecessors but Parsley delivered.

The Bad
  • Poorly implemented LBA system. It could either contribute nothing or nullify kanmusu's contribution. It depends on which side of the fence you are sitting.
  • The music. What's with that circus music? You'd think that an event hyped as a Total War would have been more dramatic?

The Ugly
  • Poor communication on devs' part. They should know they should warn players about the debuff mechanics, that is crucial for ppl playing in Medium or Hard, after the Summer 2015 fiasco, right?
  • Poorly designed maps like E5. Where you are forced to choose between a rock and a hard place. It's like 3-5. Much much worse. And hearing horror stories by Klash and Kakurin about E6 & 7 on hard were when I decided I had enough. I want victory, but not the pyrrhic kind.
  • Lycoris-Hime. Fck that bitch.
  • Using Hayasui beg the question as for why they dont make her oil drums a weekly and/or monthly quest reward, like they did with those useless combat rations.

What I should do after?

Level up Satsuki, the elder Takaos and Mogamins. Try stockpiling some more. And use 5-4 to train model-21 for monthly Houshou quest.

PS: Fuck Lycoris.

Last edited by Sheba; 2016-05-12 at 00:58.
Old 2016-05-11, 22:50   Link #17239
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
  • Poorly implemented LBA system. It could either contribute nothing or nullify kanmusu's contribution. It depends on which side of the fence you are sitting.
I don't quite agree here, it's neither right now. Due to the RNG nature it won't nullify kanmusu contribution since it's not a win-it-all-alone card. You can't beat a map using LBA alone. And on the other hand one reason E6 was so damn bad is because there was no LBA. E6 would've been more stomachable if there was LBA to help out.
Old 2016-05-12, 00:24   Link #17240
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
whoever want Lycoris as his waifu shall be keelhauled, on charge of treason.
PS: Fuck Lycoris.
She's pretty at least! Easily the prettiest one I've ever seen besides Hoppou.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls