AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2017-01-30, 15:50   Link #161
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Day Kanan outfit
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 14:47   Link #162
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm gushing

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 18:44   Link #163
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Went yesterday to Otaku Expo 2017.

My friend Grace cosplayed as devil version of Kotori. Here are two of the pics. ^-^
I have more pics.. will upload the rest at the Animesuki cosplay thread maybe next week.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-02-08 at 08:45.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 15:50   Link #164
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
OTP right there
You getting left behind again, but it is ok, she still has the fanservice going for her.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 22:29   Link #165
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Blackstealth - Those artworks are fantastic! They're all nice, but my two favorites are probably Yohane with the shark, and You with the walrus. Partly since they both tie in nicely to content from the actual anime and/or Aqours animated music videos.
Old 2017-02-06, 23:04   Link #166
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
You getting left behind again, but it is ok, she still has the fanservice going for her.
I prefer this, to be honest.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
@Blackstealth - Those artworks are fantastic! They're all nice, but my two favorites are probably Yohane with the shark, and You with the walrus. Partly since they both tie in nicely to content from the actual anime and/or Aqours animated music videos.
Also, Dia's penguin and Ruby's coelacanth.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 23:18   Link #167
Pen3

That is nothing compared to You's promo UR. She is basically wearing a miniskirt and has her cleavage stuck out while snowboarding. We might get a You pole dancer UR in the future.
Old 2017-02-06, 23:26   Link #168
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
That is nothing compared to You's promo UR. She is basically wearing a miniskirt and has her cleavage stuck out while snowboarding. We might get a You pole dancer UR in the future.
I was referring more to the drooling over Chika part, but if that's what you want...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 23:55   Link #169
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Wha-

This is barely fanservice. C'mon. They're wearing miniskirts half the time (seriously their uniform skirts are pleated miniskirts).

Also, are we forgetting:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Don't get me wrong, I love all these cards. But seriously, that You promo is tame by far. And really cute.

Images
Old 2017-02-07, 00:56   Link #170
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
New Dengeki G's issue! Main highlight IMO is the reveal for the cover of Happy Party Train.

Very nice to see more of my favorite Aqours costume. And this is a great pose with great line-work and coloration. I like the different facial expressions, reveals character nicely.

The You snowboard image is also very good, and I think it's tasteful enough.
Old 2017-02-07, 01:58   Link #171
Pen3

Tasteful would be Kanan fanservice because it doesn't appear to be out of place. When was the last time you seen somebody dressed like that snowboarding? I don't blame her because it seems that the marketing team wants her to be portrayed as pure fanservice.
Old 2017-02-07, 03:08   Link #172
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Tasteful would be Kanan fanservice because it doesn't appear to be out of place. When was the last time you seen somebody dressed like that snowboarding? I don't blame her because it seems that the marketing team wants her to be portrayed as pure fanservice.
Give one more example where You is "portrayed as pure fanservice." Otherwise, your accusation based on a poll where You's popularity is evident gives another reason why you'd have a problem with the only Aqours promo UR.
Also, there's a stage behind her. Fanart may give a snowy background, but this seems like a photoshoot. Obviously you don't have to like it.. But this is a far cry away from "pole dancer."
Old 2017-02-07, 06:04   Link #173
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
Give one more example where You is "portrayed as pure fanservice." Otherwise, your accusation based on a poll where You's popularity is evident gives another reason why you'd have a problem with the only Aqours promo UR.
Also, there's a stage behind her. Fanart may give a snowy background, but this seems like a photoshoot. Obviously you don't have to like it.. But this is a far cry away from "pole dancer."
I don't have to like it just like you said, so no big deal right? You was my favorite girl before the anime started and we weren't given much info, but she looked fantastic. When the anime finally started, they gave her little character and just relegated her to "fanservice" and "fashioned" as if the show didn't even happen. She is supposed to be the one of the three most important character and yet she was very shallow. Her popularity before and after didn't change so it doesn't say much besides she still looks fantastic. In my opinion at least and no, i do not follow the live show.

Either ways this is not the place to discuss this so i will drop it.
Old 2017-02-07, 12:58   Link #174
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The stuff was put up in the previous page.

They're just hidden in a spoiler tag.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 13:09   Link #175
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, I even checked the previous page twice. I completely missed it. pho
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 17:42   Link #176
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
I don't have to like it just like you said, so no big deal right? You was my favorite girl before the anime started and we weren't given much info, but she looked fantastic. When the anime finally started, they gave her little character and just relegated her to "fanservice" and "fashioned" as if the show didn't even happen. She is supposed to be the one of the three most important character and yet she was very shallow. Her popularity before and after didn't change so it doesn't say much besides she still looks fantastic. In my opinion at least and no, i do not follow the live show.

Either ways this is not the place to discuss this so i will drop it.
There's a difference between disliking a girl and blatantly singling her out for being marketed to fans via fanservice........ The big deal is you're telling other fans why they think what they think, and would rather believe You's popularity is based on something superficial rather than character traits you don't like or find "shallow." Not saying nobody ever chooses based on favorite character design, but really, you can say that about any of the characters.
I could be wrong, but she's actually the fifth most important girl, the order goes Chika, Riko, Kanan, Dia, then You. Still, she's the deepest character of the cast, tied maybe with Kanan and Chika (but opinions, right?)
Also, what is this "live show" you speak of?

For relevance's sake >.>
Images
Old 2017-02-07, 22:02   Link #177
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I could be wrong, but she's actually the fifth most important girl, the order goes Chika, Riko, Kanan, Dia, then You.
Why do you have Kanan so high? Kanan was easily the Aqours girl with the least amount of screen-time in Sunshine's first season.

So I'd have You even higher than you do - You's somewhere between 2nd and 4th for "most important Aqours girl" so far, in my opinion (Chika is 1st, Dia and Riko and You take up the other spots in the Top 4). You was critically important in the first 3 episodes. And whatever one thinks of the Riko-Chika-You 'love triangle', it was one of the two most important subplots of Season 1.

I get Pen3's disappointment, as liking the presumptive loser of a love triangle can be a painful thing, but I agree with you that You is a decently deep character.

Quote:
For relevance's sake >.>
Images
Ruby's expression there looks sad, or even melancholic, to me. An interesting contrast to her holiday-themed attire. A very well-drawn and colored fanart in any event!
Old 2017-02-07, 23:42   Link #178
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Why do you have Kanan so high? Kanan was easily the Aqours girl with the least amount of screen-time in Sunshine's first season.

So I'd have You even higher than you do - You's somewhere between 2nd and 4th for "most important Aqours girl" so far, in my opinion (Chika is 1st, Dia and Riko and You take up the other spots in the Top 4). You was critically important in the first 3 episodes. And whatever one thinks of the Riko-Chika-You 'love triangle', it was one of the two most important subplots of Season 1.

I get Pen3's disappointment, as liking the presumptive loser of a love triangle can be a painful thing, but I agree with you that You is a decently deep character.
There's an official ranking, I'm not sure if it applies to the anime, but it does exist.
Chika, Riko, Kanan, Dia, You, Yohane, Hanamaru, Mari, Ruby
Has something to do who plays the biggest roles in the plot - which makes sense. Chika, obviously. Riko, not entirely sure, but she does play one of the biggest role in supporting Chika. Kanan and Dia were the main obstacles in the way of forming Aqours. And without You, Aqours wouldn't have made it past a 1 member idol group.

I have a huge tendency of favoring the loser. I honestly don't see why, especially in a fictional context, losing is a bad thing. Losing, or in the process of losing, opens a whole world of complex emotions, which it did for You. It's also why Chika, despite me still having issues with how her problems with You are resolved, is a deep character, imo.

Quote:
Ruby's expression there looks sad, or even melancholic, to me. An interesting contrast to her holiday-themed attire. A very well-drawn and colored fanart in any event!
And yup, one of my favorite artists!
Old 2017-02-08, 00:37   Link #179
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Quote:
And yup, one of my favorite artists!
Speaking of said artist, this is definitely one of my favourites from the artist:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=51210451
Old 2017-02-08, 01:36   Link #180
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
There's an official ranking, I'm not sure if it applies to the anime, but it does exist.
Well, now I know where you're getting your plot importance rankings from. So thanks for that. However, I analyze and evaluate anime shows all the time, and I'm comfortable making my own personal plot importance ranking lists. In my opinion, You is at least the 4th most important character in Sunshine Season 1. You is heavily involved in almost everything of plot importance in Sunshine Season 1. I'll probably leave it at this, though, as this isn't really the place for heavy-duty character discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Speaking of said artist, this is definitely one of my favourites from the artist:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=51210451
That's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing!