Old 2013-08-02, 23:17   Link #162
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Wow, all this nice animation
Images
big gif'
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I can't help but think of Coconut Head whenever I see her .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 02:20   Link #163
GundamZZ
残念美人

It's another amusing episode.

The Renai club accomplishes their mission with some "political maneuver".

The Treasurer is embarrassed by the Secretary's praises. Also, the Treasurer's boyfriend seems to be another person that the Treasurer is not good at dealing with...

Images
the heroine from other anime should listen to their advice
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-08-03 at 20:59.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:54   Link #164
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Finally guys will show up in next episode
Spoiler:
Banzai!!! Banzai!!!

NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:08   Link #165
ices
Working Hard

Maki's teaching sure great. She could make Riko test result rising from 34 to 75. that's a lot of improvement.

This episode also fun, entertaining, and heart warming. Can't wait for next.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 13:36   Link #166
teja208
Critical fanboy

Since Riko announced her plan at the end of the last episode, I expected they will mess up so this entire episode will be spent on cleaning up the mess, but turns out the plan went quite smoothly with the follow up melodrama afterward which work as well.

It was puzzling over how Sayo can’t seem to handle Suzu. I’m not sure why, but is Sayo the type that gets embarrassed easily when someone’s constantly praising her?

Makio entrance caught me off guard. It thought it's a new character for a sec, but it turns out it's actually Maki’s crossdressing as her idealized version of a perfect guy, and she really act on the part. Eno seems to share the similar image of the perfect guy as well. It's amusing how both Maki and Eno have more in common than they would like to admit.

Onto the next episode the student council isn’t getting a break aren’t they? It looks like what appears to be the newspaper club members are sticking their noses on their little private business. What’s more, there will be guys in it, yeah right lol, as if there will be any proper romantic progression. They’re probably just as important as the guy casts in Minami-ke when it comes to romance right right?

Well, not that I'm going to stop pairing the girls. So far there are:

RikoxMiki
SayoxEno
SayoxSuzu

I'm considering whether to add EnoxMakio to the list.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 14:52   Link #167
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The character chemistry amongst the main cast of this show is just incredible. I haven't seen anything quite as strong in that area since K-On.

I also liked the handling of the more serious parts of Episode 5. The drama was dialed down a bit compared to Episode 3, and I felt it hit just the right notes overall.
Old 2013-08-03, 16:31   Link #168
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
What’s more, there will be guys in it, yeah right lol, as if there will be any proper romantic progression. They’re probably just as important as the guy casts in Minami-ke when it comes to romance right right?
HA!
You are somewhere there
Old 2013-08-04, 00:37   Link #169
EroKing

Old 2013-08-08, 09:20   Link #170
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 05

A little late, but better late than never Some free avatars:

Thanks to the FlavoryFantasy for bringing me back to this series, it's so hilarious I find it highly amusing these girls aren't yuri'ing each other, instead they're madly interested in boys (except for Sayo, that poor admirer I mean BF of hers ), but man the voice actresses are doing a wonderful job. The Maki Makio scene, I love Enomoto-chan's tsundereness, and my gosh, Suzu, so cute, that voice of hers melts me hearty

I gotta know though, I hope Maki-papa's lingerie song is included with the OST. I just have to listen to that in full
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Images
the heroine from other anime should listen to their advice
lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 13:21   Link #171
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:11   Link #172
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 06:53   Link #173
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Episode 6:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 09:20   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It turns out Riko really is a breaker of hearts
Old 2013-08-09, 12:28   Link #175
inisipis

Eps. 6

Just love the progression of this show. Riko's a real heart-breaker and she didn't even know it. Maki is such an alien to the ways of boys in the real world that it's totally hilarious to watch. Looks like the School newspaper is out to get some dirt on the student council.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 18:02   Link #176
Eratas123

I can already see the solution: Just post a love panel on the newspaper or something. You get your solution and they get their dirt.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:51   Link #177
HandofFate

Finally some guys join the cast.

Really liked Yan and Satoshi's demeanor.
Thought it was really funny when Satoshi knocked out Riko on the bridge lol. Something only childhood friends can do.

Surprised to hear Yukari Tamara as the newspaper club girl. Seems she's everywhere this season in small roles.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:19   Link #178
teja208
Critical fanboy

So it took them 6 episodes to officially introducing male casts. I may be a yuri fan, but I’m not a shipper and more importantly, I don’t have issues when it comes to guy starts making appearances. However, I can see how this could backfire badly for those who already shipping MakixRiko. I don’t see other 4-koma based show like Minami-ke, Kotoura-san, or Acchi Kocchi suffers as much from having guys in the cast. Maybe, because introducing male cast early on effectively preventing people from start investing their emotions on shipping girls x girls? Some who dislike yuri already dropped Love Lab after first episode because they think this show is yuri, and now the yuri shippers are saying they might be dropping this show as well after learning about potential guy love interests. I find this to be a very narrow minded way of judging a show, and it’s unfortunate because it find this show to be highly entertaining whether there are yuri implications or not.

Anyway, onto this new episode. Let’s go over the new characters.

Riko’s tomboyish charm seems to run in the family. Riko’s mom is quite tomboyish herself, and so is Riko’s brother Ren as well as his knack for attracting girls.

Satoshi annoys me quite a bit. For a guy, he sure acts girlier than his looks. Just this episode, he had been running away from Riko three times then end up smacking her on the head. It’s usually the girl who does the running and the guy who do the following not the other way around. And hitting Riko on the head because she called him cute? He acts just like a female tsundere. If he want to be more masculine, I think he better need to start by fixing that girly behavior of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
To explain in detail, Riko's boyfriend is very similar to a typical harem lead: he's average, wants to live a normal life but is usually oblivious about the girl's feelings for him.
Satoshi isn’t average. He is a feminine boy which makes him a direct counterpart to Riko’s masculine personality. I never recall ever seeing an anime harem lead running away from a girl like the way he did. He’s not the one who is oblivious, it’s Riko who is the oblivious one here by unwitting broke his heart. If anything it’s more like Riko is the gender reversed of a harem lead, and Satoshi is part of her harem.

Next is Jan or whatever his real name is. For now, I like him more than Satoshi. The first thing that comes to mind after seeing his interaction with Maki is awkward. Then again, Maki probably act like this in front of any guy she just met, but, it’s more LOL worthy if the said guy is behaving further away from her ideal image. Despite his weird nickname, he seems to be the most down-to-earth of the casts which make him a good comic foil for Maki outrageous thinking process. I’m not saying I’m shipping those two, but for now they could produce great comedic interactions.

Lastly I’m very impressed by how the newspaper club members made their entrance especially Momo. They aren't particularly antagonistic as I thought. Their method of approaching their targets is also interesting. Instead of interviewing the council members directly and spamming them with piercing questions which may result in getting the made-up answers, they patiently waits and observes their targets, seeking the right opportunity for the opening where the truthful answers slipped out from their tongues naturally. Momo’s truly a mastermind reporter to be reckoned with.

I though next episode will most likely focuses on how the student council deal with newspaper club, but it turns out we have them visiting the Kurahashi’s instead. This could be disastrous for Riko since her mom and little bro may expose her little secret. You know the one where she keeps digging herself deeper.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-08-09 at 23:41.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:44   Link #179
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
He acts just like a female tsundere. If he want to be more masculine, I think he better need to start by fixing that girly behavior of his.
That's the joke(TM).jpg

Riko is a boyish girl that wants to be more girly because all the boys friendzone her. Placed with the girly boy that can't get girls for that reason, etc.

Mirror images.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:13   Link #180
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
That's the joke(TM).jpg

Riko is a boyish girl that wants to be more girly because all the boys friendzone her. Placed with the girly boy that can't get girls for that reason, etc.

Mirror images.
And that would also imply that about 90% of the guys at Satoshi's middle school are attracted to his trap feminine charm.

Tags
comedy, none yuri, romance, seinen, slice of life