Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-12-13, 22:26   Link #161
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
OI....Why does Suzaku look hardcore in that preview? Biggest question is, HOW CAN YOU HAVE CODE GEASS WITHOUT LULU? Ah...damn I'm so overloaded with questions right now! You can't have a Code Geass with just Suzaku and not Lulu and ESPECIALLY C.C.
If you read the comments in the first post that quote a Goro Taniguchi (you know the director of the show) interview than you won't have to speculate about whether Lelouch is alive or coming back.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 22:45   Link #162
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
^ Of course Lulu is coming back. Believe it or not, popularity polls are a factor in a series such as Code Geass. Now if they wanted their ratings to plummet, killing Lelouch would be a good move.
Yes they do, but only Lelouch knows C.C.'s whereabouts and I don't think the OotBK is going to be on good terms with him in the future.
In a similar vein to Westlo's comments, if you read between the lines of the spoilers you will see that whether he is the current Zero or not, Lelouch is still very much in charge of the OotBK.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:00   Link #163
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
In a similar vein to Westlo's comments, if you read between the lines of the spoilers you will see that whether he is the current Zero or not, Lelouch is still very much in charge of the OotBK.
I think the real question is how they are going to start out the series.

The aftermath of the shooting?

What's taking place in Tokyo?

Underwater with C.C.?

V.V. with Nunally?

Other nations taking action?

I love the amount of possibilities.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:10   Link #164
Westlo
Lets be reality

From what I've read and just pure guesswork I'm thinking that C.C will narrate something like, "In the year 20xx the Zero Incident occurred that rocked Japan to its foundations, now 1 year has passed and things are moving once again".

I'm thinking they will go with something like this because if it's airing in the Dokuro time slot than it will have a wider audience and if they start with a straight continuation (which with them saying this is 1 year after they're not) the new viewers will be like "wtf is going on? Screw this I'm watching Major"

If something similar to the above happens I'm sure we will eventually see the events after the gunshot via flashback while the episode count is still in single figures.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:42   Link #165
nubby

I have a feeling that the fake Zero is actually Suzaku himself.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:45   Link #166
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
I have a feeling that the fake Zero is actually Suzaku himself.
I'm not sure Suzaku has that kind of time, what with his new job and all.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:53   Link #167
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
The producer has mentioned before in a interview that the second season will be fresh enough for new viewers to watch it, apparently it'll explain things and flashbacks most likely I'd assume.

Either way, you wouldn't see new viewers going; WTF as much as " Oh, I see. that's what happened. " XD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 23:58   Link #168
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'm not sure Suzaku has that kind of time, what with his new job and all.
Yeah, it's impossible for him to be Zero, since he would need to find a look-alike and have him kiss all those Britannian asses all day long in order to prevent his masters from realizing that someone else is actually on the other end of the leash.
Old 2007-12-14, 00:01   Link #169
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
The producer has mentioned before in a interview that the second season will be fresh enough for new viewers to watch it, apparently it'll explain things and flashbacks most likely I'd assume.

Either way, you wouldn't see new viewers going; WTF as much as " Oh, I see. that's what happened. " XD
that's not a very hard task to pull off really. If you think about it, season 1 was nothing but character work (being a first half of a story), and mainly Lelouch's.

we've still got next to nothing about the "real" plotline concerning the geass, so really all they have to do to make it accessible to new viewers is throw in a new side character....which they did. In other words, they're already set.
Old 2007-12-14, 00:23   Link #170
nubby

Well I'm pretty sure it's not Karen then since she has big you know what and it would be so obvious.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 00:41   Link #171
ImpulseRAven
I <3 Kotomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Well I'm pretty sure it's not Karen then since she has big you know what and it would be so obvious.
idk about that C.C. hid hers pretty well>.>
ImpulseRAven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 00:42   Link #172
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm thinking they will go with something like this because if it's airing in the Dokuro time slot than it will have a wider audience and if they start with a straight continuation (which with them saying this is 1 year after they're not) the new viewers will be like "wtf is going on? Screw this I'm watching Major"
Speaking of the doroku slot, I find it a little funny that there are a few posters that really want to see Geass on doroku, yet I would be a bit worried if it did. The reason? I read an interview from one of the staff members of Code Geass, and this is what he had to say about the whole timeslot switch and how it affected the show's elements and structure:

Quote:
Q : And that was the point you decided to ask CLAMP-san for the character designs, and Teraoka-san for Knightmare Frame designs?
A : The series was done in a very concrete way. The scenario, too, was already ready for episode 1-3. However...at first, the series was meant to air on Saturday evening, but it was changed to late night. Since the audience for late night and evening are quite different, there's no reason for the contents to remain the same. So we rethought our plans, and that's how the framework for the current 'Code Geass' was built.

Q : What are the things you changed at that point?
A : Well, for starters, we thought that moreso than a hero type, an evil-looking protagonist would be more suitable for a late night programme. So we made changes to the protagonist. And from being robots-only, we added a taste of unique special abilities. We were thinking the main characters would gain special powers from an angel, and those powers would be close enough to relate to the audience. That's how 'Geass' originated. As the Geass came about, the series image was set at once. But instead of simply an angel who watches over the world, C.C. is changed, and she's a little different.

^If Geass 2 gets on the evening slot, does that mean we might see Suzaku as the protagonist since he's more of a hero type and Lelouch as the antagonist (or some other antagonist)? If that happens, I wonder if there'll be as much hate being posted as the beam spamming Kira days that GSD brought.

If the second season had that and were only about robots, I think I'd rather see this get late night than primetime. I guess people could argue that the current season is airing on 5:30p.m Saturdays on MBS right now, and that Sunrise would be stupid to make drastic changes to the second season from the first, but if it's possible, I have reason to worry.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 00:48   Link #173
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRAven View Post
idk about that C.C. hid hers pretty well>.>
That is true, but C.C. is flatchested compared to Karen.

But I would also be really surprised to see Karen's face behind that mask tbh. What I think is that the one behind the mask is in fact "Geassed" into believing he/she/it is Zero. I think someone already pointed that possibility out, but I don't know if it was in this thread. (or even if it was in these forums. )
Old 2007-12-14, 01:02   Link #174
ImpulseRAven
I <3 Kotomi

I may have missed it somewhere but did they ever say how long Lulu's Geass lasts? Because if he did "Geass" someone into believing they where Zero that person in question would lose their entire existence until the effect wore>.>
ImpulseRAven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 01:08   Link #175
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRAven View Post
I may have missed it somewhere but did they ever say how long Lulu's Geass lasts? Because if he did "Geass" someone into believing they where Zero that person in question would lose their entire existence until the effect wore>.>
his geass has yet to have exhibited any time limits of any kind.

and the description of how it works (1 time psychic brain damage) made it seem that in fact a continuous order will continue to be in effect for as long as the effected party can do it.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-12-14 at 02:44.
Old 2007-12-14, 01:33   Link #176
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Now, this could be somewhat confusing considering the VA, I'd assume it's for flashbacks but I'm not sure....God if she Revives I'll freak x3 *

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:10   Link #177
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Now, this could be somewhat confusing considering the VA, I'd assume it's for flashbacks but I'm not sure....God if she Revives I'll freak x3 *
Since it's 2Chan, I won't put faith in it, but this is true...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:28   Link #178
solomon

Heh, aside from violence I don't think they couldnt get away with what they had been doing up till now.

Can't do any mass extermination of japanese again though, at least not in the early evening. That would raise some eyebrows.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:49   Link #179
fto
Anime Forever

How long is series suppose to be? (seems like it wouldnt be weird if its over 25 episodes, with so many things going on)

The spoiler above would be very interesting if iti s true... cant wait.
fto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 07:35   Link #180
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Heh, aside from violence I don't think they couldnt get away with what they had been doing up till now.

Can't do any mass extermination of japanese again though, at least not in the early evening. That would raise some eyebrows.
I was going to agree but then i remembered how ...
Spoiler for Anime that have aired on this time slot:

Basically I am saying there's still hope
Go Britannia , exterminate who you want , i'm sure you can do it *thumbs up + smile * !
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote