AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 37 46.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 5.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-05, 16:57   Link #161
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Seriously? Guys landed onto enemy's territory, lost their friend, another one was captured and tortured and Mario couldn't save his Princess (quite opposite) etc. You don't have to be a genius nor you have to know the details to understand people went through some real shit.

If anything it's her mistake as the leader - you need to ask about all new information from your men before you start some negotiations or something.
Well if this episode and last didn't make it clear, she was never a leader, she was only a figurehead. She only believed she was in charge. When the guy who is actually in charge falls apart when he has no reason to go on with their contract, she can't do anything right. Pretty much, she's Cagalli now. I'm so disappointed on Shoko.

I love your last post SkullFaerie. I agree with it 100%

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-05, 17:09   Link #162
Stro

Excelent episode. To bad that Kyuuma die.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:14   Link #163
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
"Doshte" = how "doushite" (why?) sounds spoken out loud, I'm guessing. It's quite obvious.
And yeah @finalfury that one really sealed the deal for me too. Just..wow, Shoko.

All I hear are excuses....
Yeah, few can prepare for such a situation, I never claimed otherwise. Yet people like Takahi, Satomi, heck, even Otamaya are keeping their sh*t together, trying to save who they can. The supposed "bakemono" are dying for them. It doesn't matter one inch how emotional Shoko is, it's completely and utterly without import. If she's too emotional to handle herself because of her own personal problems in an emergency, then she shouldn't have stood for election, period. Leave it to those who are qualified. If she wanted to be emotional, she should've stayed a normal student and let Satomi take the leadership role. Since she did not do that whether or not she is naturally emotional is her problem. She better well keep it together and do what she is supposed to.

Honestly, I could care less how tough poor Shoko supposedly has it. Everyone else has it tough too. You deal with it, or you don't take on responsibility for others.

His mission is over, it has failed. He has no reason to care about what happens to the students. They're not his responsibility.

What, because she's refusing to talk to A-Drei and give information to the enemy? Not really, we don't know very well what state she is in right now. But whatever the case, she has gone through much worse than Shoko, and not once has she acted in as damaging a way as Shoko. And btw, she's every bit a teenage civilian as Shoko.
Out of those you listed ONLY Saki, Haruto, and L-Elf really have as much BS as Shoko has had to deal with. No one else does. Furthermore L-Elf only had one big event to screw with which was Lise dying. Saki and Haruto came to an understanding and Saki is used to having life not go well for her.

Shoko is the Prime Minister's Daughter and she has never truly failed at anything and had everything given to her. She believes if you try hard and pour your heart out than anything is possible no matter the odds. Which she showcased when she created a country, became PM, and maintained the entire country on her own against ARUS harassment when her entire staff abandoned her for a mission that they LIED about to her.

Than she has EVERYTHING taken from her in a single instance as well as all her bottled up emotions bursting out. She has every right to freak out after everything that has happened, especially with the horrified realization that the guy she has loved since childhood is now an immortal monster that doesn't seem to remember important things between them.

Furthermore, L-Elf doesn't get a pass. He was willing to die, and screw them all, after Lise died and when they needed L-Elf the most on the module he was stuck on a BSOD. So he isn't really handling things better, at least Shoko acted in a way she thought would save her people even as she was freaking out.

That's complete and utter BS. No one else had the will or strength to lead the Country. Shoko managed to keep everything in tact even when she was in the dark and they kept lying and lying to her with secrets that could have and did screw over Neo JIOR. You CANNOT expect her not to hate them when students are dying right in front of her and everyone else is demanding blood for their betrayal. Sure the Golden 7 saved them in the past, however because of their secrets and lies they're getting everyone killed NOW and the other side promised to end the killing if they surrendered the Golden 7 team. Shoko selling them out stopped things from getting far worse and if the Dorssian's weren't busy being monsters themselves Shoko's decision would have saved all the remaining students.

Shoko's mind is a mess, she has a ton of BS going on right now, and her heart has been shattered. On top of that she's still a teenager, has little training, and up to this point didn't know a lot of the dark things going now. She deserves to be allowed at least one huge meltdown like Haruto and L-Elf have had.

At this point everyone is screwed up in the head and shit is hitting the fan from all directions.

Satomi, leader? You're kidding right? He had a major freak out when he lost a mere Election and Shoko STILL put him on her staff. If he was in control and didn't go to Earth with the team he wouldn't have fared any better than Shoko. If anything he may have sold them out without any regrets because they brought it upon themselves and it's for the good of the people.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-12-05 at 17:39.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:20   Link #164
Erufu
Karlstein Deserter

RIP Kyuuma
Shoko, I AM DISAPPOINT !

I rate this episode 7/10 only, 10/10 for Kyuuma, -1 for Shoko, -2 for lack of originality. Even tho she didn't have much of a choice, I still expect her character to have some more backbone than this. This rest of episode is expected. Afterall, the guy who wrote it also wrote Code Geass, it's literately CG2 episode 19 all over again. And they never explain how they snuck in to rig those ppl to the phantom , or how its timed just right for the live broadcast. The Fat Arus dude seems to waste no time in deciding to join hands with their Nemesis to maccacre a bunch of kids. Aren't there anyone on guard duty near the Phantom ? Just seems a bit superficial to me, at least in Code Geass they always spend like 3-4 seconds to explain things that made it logical.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:24   Link #165
finalfury
Incognito

Can't wait for the opinions on when Satomi was talking to Akira.
IMO, he sounded like a worried mother.
It's cute to see that my trump card has not been out-trumped yet.
@SkullFairie: -inserts applause gif here- Bravo, Magnifico, Excellent post.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:38   Link #166
Twi

Well, they pretty much killed off anyone on Module 77 who wasn't a supporting character or main one...and even then we still lost one. But really, who is this Iori girl and what relevance did she have beyond her father's death to warrant shooting the main protagonist?

So I'm assuming the kids that survived are now on their own, meaning they'll have to wing it. You know, considering that all of them became what they were to save the ungrateful brats I would have left them to die. Why do the general populace in these types of shows always turn on people so quickly?
Old 2013-12-05, 17:47   Link #167
finalfury
Incognito

Notable mentions:
Spoiler for noteworthy:
Old 2013-12-05, 18:03   Link #168
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Notable mentions:
Spoiler for noteworthy:
Even if he's being "Lovable" this entire fiasco stems from the fact that he did capture her. Even if they're all being played in the long run, or just doing their jobs, there had better not be any shipping flags between them.

On another note, I don't see this series ending this season.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:07   Link #169
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Even if he's being "Lovable" this entire fiasco stems from the fact that he did capture her. Even if they're all being played in the long run, or just doing their jobs, there had better not be any shipping flags between them.

On another note, I don't see this series ending this season.
Not shipping, but glad to see character improvement hence the usage of the word lovable. :/
My wish is to see a season where future Saki is the main character but Okouchi will never let that happen. ;_;
Old 2013-12-05, 18:13   Link #170
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Even if they're all being played in the long run, or just doing their jobs, there had better not be any shipping flags between them.
His main concern was L-Elf, that's a "shipping flag" if you want one. It doesn't mean he's not sympathetic on her situation, A-drei is soft-heartened, L-Elf brought that up many times.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-05, 18:18   Link #171
~BC~

This is why I always take people's pre-sub impressions with a grain of salt. Listening to the way people described this episode you'd think Shoko was a ball of unreasonable fury the whole episode. Many seem to ignore the buildup to what leads to her decision in the end. Oh and Satomi and Takahi were barely keeping it together (though I'm grateful neither went full panic mode).
Old 2013-12-05, 18:24   Link #172
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
This is why I always take people's pre-sub impressions with a grain of salt. Listening to the way people described this episode you'd think Shoko was a ball of unreasonable fury the whole episode. Many seem to ignore the buildup to what leads to her decision in the end. Oh and Satomi and Takahi were barely keeping it together (though I'm grateful neither went full panic mode).
Well, people are freaking out worse than Shoko and lashing out over this episode.

It was a very long build up that eventually lead to her decision that has been going on since the series started.

It would only get worse if Shoko finds out Haruto left her for dead at the start of the series without even looking for her.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:28   Link #173
_Misfit

I need subs for this episode bad. I need more context before I really jump into the fray here.

Wasn't on Hulu when I left for work, so I'll have to wait after I get out of here.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:35   Link #174
Dr. Casey

Quote:
The point isn't what she knows, the point is that she's the only one to freak out and make awful decisions in the middle of a crisis, while everyone else, despite going through much worse, is not. Especially Saki, the epitome of suffering.
I can understand the "She should keep it together because she's the leader" argument, but the 'Starving children in Africa' game gets pretty ridiculous after a certain point. I also wouldn't be so quick to rate having your father murdered as being less traumatic or horrible than most of the things Saki has gone through.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:44   Link #175
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
His main concern was L-Elf, that's a "shipping flag" if you want one.
His main concern was getting answers to his questions.
That's why he switched the topic once he realized that she won't answer his first question.

In a way, it was a continuation of their scene from episode 7.
It's a shame that both were so short.
Old 2013-12-05, 18:48   Link #176
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I can understand the "She should keep it together because she's the leader" argument, but the 'Starving children in Africa' game gets pretty ridiculous after a certain point. I also wouldn't be so quick to rate having your father murdered as being less traumatic or horrible than most of the things Saki has gone through.
B-but Dr. Casey if there's a character with a super duper traumatic back story and character arc then any other character's issues are automatically obsolete. Woobie Olympics FTL.
Old 2013-12-05, 19:04   Link #177
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

thanks, @finalfury&Thess. Appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Well. Apart from not being the main point or issue, the "Starving Children if Africa" concept as well as the similar "some unknown figure somewhere has it worse" are abstracts from unrelated situations and thus inherently different from "everyone around you is in the same boat or even has to deal with more crap than you, did not volunteer for leadership, but still keeps it together better than you, whose duty it is to keep it together. If the comparison was entirely abstract, I would not have made it.

Also, I did not say her father dying was less traumatic (obviously it can be!), only that it was the one substantial event that happened to her, and a while ago at that, as opposed to, for example Saki's unbroken chain of suffering.
That, and she was surprisingly composed about it. Same with Marie. You could say she kept it together in front of the cameras, but she was still all genki and happy in private as well.
And even all of her problems considered, even if she wasn't the leader, it doesn't justify dropping her comrades, her friends, who have stood by her and saved all of their lives multiple times, in a hot second without even asking a single question. (Apart from how bad a call that was strategically)
You'd think an empathetic human would give their long-term friend the benefit of the doubt and ask what happened to them. If you don't buy the answer, you can still sell them out after, if you feel you must...

I hope we don't get some crappy explanation/excuse like she has a particular sensitivity to lies because x happened to her as a kid or "Haruto promised to never lie to her".
Old 2013-12-05, 19:11   Link #178
Dr. Casey

Okay, that makes a lot of sense and is a fair enough opinion. Thanks for clarifying. Nothing more to be said on my part then.
Old 2013-12-05, 19:17   Link #179
Destined_Fate

She was acting happy in private because it's better to try and be happy than depressed. You can only push a genki girl so far before she's no longer able to even will herself to be happy when depressing things happen.
Old 2013-12-05, 19:19   Link #180
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
thanks, @finalfury&Thess. Appreciate it

Well. Apart from not being the main point or issue, the "Starving Children if Africa" concept as well as the similar "some unknown figure somewhere has it worse" are abstracts from unrelated situations and thus inherently different from "everyone around you is in the same boat or even has to deal with more crap than you, did not volunteer for leadership, but still keeps it together better than you, whose duty it is to keep it together. If the comparison was entirely abstract, I would not have made it.

Also, I did not say her father dying was less traumatic (obviously it can be!), only that it was the one substantial event that happened to her, and a while ago at that, as opposed to, for example Saki's unbroken chain of suffering.
That, and she was surprisingly composed about it. Same with Marie. You could say she kept it together in front of the cameras, but she was still all genki and happy in private as well.
And even all of her problems considered, even if she wasn't the leader, it doesn't justify dropping her comrades, her friends, who have stood by her and saved all of their lives multiple times, in a hot second without even asking a single question. (Apart from how bad a call that was strategically)
You'd think an empathetic human would give their long-term friend the benefit of the doubt and ask what happened to them. If you don't buy the answer, you can still sell them out after, if you feel you must...

I hope we don't get some crappy explanation/excuse like she has a particular sensitivity to lies because x happened to her as a kid or "Haruto promised to never lie to her".
That was one of the things that set me off. Also Shoko, you saw them gun down innocents without hesitation and she still thought the deal was on the level.

Bring on next week. Bring on the Shoko remorse. I wanna see how the writers handle that.

Tags
crush under the bus