Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-14, 02:29   Link #161
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
yeah u need spirit power to see them clearly, but think about it, ur comparing why he didnt do anything to fisher earlier (which wud mean going shinigami), to why he cud see rukia( a spiritual entity), thats soemthing Karin can do. >,>the way it is here, his spirit pressure was weak, he could do minor things like see the hollows etc. but he cudnt do anything about them.

I'd like to think he isnt a Vaizard, because so far the vaizard haven't had any reall big fights ....and i dont see them all gettign proper development the way kubos been going...one mroe of them wud be bleh. and the whole... father son thing wud be cliche too. The thing is isshin is/was captain class.. that shud be l33t enuff. Besides, not to argue with u .. lol cuz i love u, but if he was a vizard... i dunno.. wudnt he somehow feel it in ichigo? i mean... Shinji knew outta nowhere...
Exactly ...You need spirit power. The fact that Both Ichigo and Karin can see spirits is indicative of them inheriting their spirit power from their father. If he was a normal human ...He should not have had any at all; If he lost his powers. If he he did...How did he get them back?

Does anybody remember what chapter covers Isshin vs Grandfisher...I really don't remember him saying his power was lost. I believe that's anime only

This arc is a perfect time to develop the Vaizards...They were introduced before the Arrancar and Vasto Lordes. In the form of Ichigo's half-formed mask. So they are long overdue back story.

On topic. I really think Nel is going to surprise us in the upcoming chapter. She used to be part of the ten at the same time as Nnoitra and was higher in rank...So she can't be a Privarion Espada. I think her form is going to be slightly different too.

You know the more I read 305 (I am going through no-new-chapter-withdrawal) The more kickass (And terrifying) Mayuri becomes...

P.S. you have every right to disagree...I won't be angry...I may debate you. But I am never mad....Oh and I wub you too!
Old 2008-01-14, 05:13   Link #162
kagato3

Isshin vs GF is 186-188.

Isshin's powers were sealed. the anime doesn't change anything durring that part of the talk. In fact in the first chapter of the manga, Isshin was the first one atacked by the hollow and knocked out. So either that hollow was much stronger then anyone has ever given it credit for or Isshin was severly powered down or a bit of both (it was clearly weaker then an unreleased Rukia though).

Also remember that seeing Shinigami and hollows requires very little in terms of power. Currently all of Ichigo's friends are of that level as are both of his sisters (Yuzu began to be able to fully see hollows by the end of the SS arc) and the Don and out of them only 3 and 3/4 have been shown to be at a level that they could fight hollows (Ishida, Chad, Orihime, Karin (1/2) and the Don (1/4))

The vizzards have nothing to do with Isshin, not only from Urahara and Isshin's talk but also the fact that Shinji could not ID Isshin all he knew was there was a very strong Shinigami that he could not place (ch187 pg3).
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-01-14, 07:12   Link #163
kissthestick

cant wait for the 306 leaks this week
Old 2008-01-14, 08:43   Link #164
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Oh and by the way, I dont consider the vaizard mask lengthening because i dont even know why the heck it exists. Its like kubo needed a reason for ichigo to win grimmjow but couldn't think of a good plot so he just slapped it on.
Eh? The vizard mask was hinted from the very moment which Ichigo regained his shinigami powers and it continued in the SS arc as well. eventually, it had to be used. I don't see this as being "slapped on".

Either way, I'd love to see the kenpachi fight! the moment I saw him crossing sword with that Espada, I felt a surge of excitement! MORE KEN PL0X.

What I really would like to see is Yachiru fighting. I've always wondered how she fights. She is a vice-captain after all!

As for Nel joining Ichigo, I think it quite obvious. She will unless she gets killed. As for SS accepting her, I don't see a difference between her and Ichigo. One was Hallow and gained Shinigami powers and one had the opposite. At the end, she could live in the material world with Ichigo.

Oh, no more Pinky. I kept skipping all his scenes except for this one and the one in which he was introduced and I really hope that he wouldn't bring up a new trick to survive because that's just overused. Simply annoying, he had enough "screen time" IMO.

Last edited by Anima; 2008-01-14 at 09:50.
Old 2008-01-14, 15:49   Link #165
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You know the more I read 305 (I am going through no-new-chapter-withdrawal) The more kickass (And terrifying) Mayuri becomes...

P.S. you have every right to disagree...I won't be angry...I may debate you. But I am never mad....Oh and I wub you too!
Tell me about it. I absolutely despised Mayuri.....but then that chapter came along...What he did was pure genius. It actually turned the loathing i had for him into respect. I'd like it if he went back to his previous form...i dun like the new one..
Old 2008-01-15, 08:41   Link #166
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Oh and by the way, I dont consider the vaizard mask lengthening because i dont even know why the heck it exists. Its like kubo needed a reason for ichigo to win grimmjow but couldn't think of a good plot so he just slapped it on.
Eh? The vizard mask was hinted from the very moment which Ichigo regained his shinigami powers and it continued in the SS arc as well. eventually, it had to be used. I don't see this as being "slapped on".
Oh I think sceptileex was reffering to extended mask time / vizard mode than the mask itself .

Ichigo was bettter off with a power up against GJ than mask time lengthening. This bieng a shonen its been 70 odd chapters that the main characther hasnt received a powerup of anysort .
Old 2008-01-15, 12:07   Link #167
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Ichigo was bettter off with a power up against GJ than mask time lengthening. This bieng a shonen its been 70 odd chapters that the main characther hasnt received a powerup of anysort .
I figure if Ichigo is meant to get another major power-up, it is being saved for Ulquiorra, like bankai was brought out for Byakuya. GJ was a tough opponent, but he was pretty much equal to Ichigo w/ the mask. A big power-up wasn't necessary to win.

I agree it felt tacked on, but I now think the mask lengthening was supposed to be only a minor improvement due to Ichigo's natural progression and getting more comfortable with his powers, not a power up. That and Orihime's cheering gave Ichigo the extra boost he needed to win against GJ.

Old 2008-01-15, 13:57   Link #168
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I figure if Ichigo is meant to get another major power-up, it is being saved for Ulquiorra, like bankai was brought out for Byakuya. GJ was a tough opponent, but he was pretty much equal to Ichigo w/ the mask. A big power-up wasn't necessary to win.

I agree it felt tacked on, but I now think the mask lengthening was supposed to be only a minor improvement due to Ichigo's natural progression and getting more comfortable with his powers, not a power up. That and Orihime's cheering gave Ichigo the extra boost he needed to win against GJ.
I think he was able to keep on because of sheer will coupled with the desire to defeat Grimmjow & protect Nel and Orihime too. He was able to bring it out and block a cero...When facing Ulquiorra...Didn't he use it twice during that confrontation?

But Isshin could be a Vaizard. Because he would be a normal human plus...If he is using the gigai that turns you into a human. He should not have any spirit powers for Ichigo or Karin to inherit. And if he had no powers to regain them that fast and be at captain level...Most likely he went through the same thing Ichigo did.

No spoilers, no word...I WANT MY CHAPTER 306! AND I WANT IT NOW. *Stalks Internet sources till they provide me with my Bleach fix*
Old 2008-01-15, 14:26   Link #169
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
I think he was able to keep on because of sheer will coupled with the desire to defeat Grimmjow & protect Nel and Orihime too. He was able to bring it out and block a cero...When facing Ulquiorra...Didn't he use it twice during that confrontation?
I also think because he is in HM, the land of hallows, his hallow could manifest longer.

Quote:
But Isshin could be a Vaizard. Because he would be a normal human plus...If he is using the gigai that turns you into a human. He should not have any spirit powers for Ichigo or Karin to inherit. And if he had no powers to regain them that fast and be at captain level...Most likely he went through the same thing Ichigo did.
But isn't Isshin a retired captain? look at the white cape he has. It has the black lines at the bottom:
Spoiler for Isshin Captain?:

I think he is like Urahara and both are still hiding secrets.
Old 2008-01-16, 06:42   Link #170
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post
I also think because he is in HM, the land of hallows, his hallow could manifest longer.

But isn't Isshin a retired captain? look at the white cape he has. It has the black lines at the bottom:
Spoiler for Isshin Captain?:

I think he is like Urahara and both are still hiding secrets.
I forgot about HM factor...I mean to regain them after 20 years and still be uber strong. Look at Nel she did not have her full strengh when regaining her powers. She was chibi because some of spirit power leaked out. Isshin is supposed to have lost his...so to regain them and be that strong...that fast...Makes me wonder how did he get them back?
Old 2008-01-16, 08:00   Link #171
kagato3

It's pretty clear that Urahara was the one that helped Isshin regain his powers and more then likely sealed them in the first place since he commented on the fact he did not want to be blamed if Isshin was weaker now then he had been. As for how they were sealed we don't have too much information, It's likely they were sealed useing a gigai like the one Rukia was in but we don't know this for a fact. Also we have no information on what that gigai would do to someone of captain level there may be a limit to how much power it can drain and for someone of captain level it would act like a much bigger version of kenpachi's patch.
The nell comparison is not very good since her powers are not sealed but disrupted due to the damage of her mask. Even after she regained her true form they are still disrupted she just had a few moments of clearity before she over taxed them and they gave out.

It is highly doubtful Isshin is a viazard there are too many things pointing against it.
Shinji does not recognize Isshin's spirtual pressure
durring his talk with Urahara he calls the Viazards a "Criminal group of ex-shinigami" and states that "we never found their base of operations, nor uncovered their goals"
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:27   Link #172
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Hey, in this arc, did anyone notice the *almost* concerned look on Mayuri's face when he saw Nemu? It was odd.

Also, what was it that Nemu said to him? It wasn't translated in the version I saw and I couldn't read the japanese very clearly.
Old 2008-01-16, 17:15   Link #173
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Some fan colorings : )