AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2005-01-03, 20:14   Link #1
grOOvy
Fumoffu!

Thumbs up The "What if" thread

Hey (first post here), been watching these forums for almost a year now and being an anime lover, I always find good reads in numerous threads on the AnimeSuki forums. Props to maintaining such a productive forum and active community, AnimeSuki Staff. :-)

Anyway, onto this thread. . .

The "What if <insert event here> had happened" Naruto Thread

A lot of things in Naruto exist as outcomes of certain events or happenings. These events were obviously chosen/written/drawn by the manga author(s), but I have always wondered how things would have turned out if certain events occurred a tad bit differently. And I have been wanting to talk about or discuss such alternative events which 'could have' happened and changed a lot of things in the show.

So here's how it goes, a user posts a What if presumption, and then we respond/reply to that with our thoughts.

(Note: I am talking about the television series, please do not mention stuff from the manga in here. Cheers.)

I'll start with I had wanted to talk about:
What if Rock Lee wasn't matched up against Gaara in the Chuunin exam preliminaries and was picked to fight against Hyuuga Neji instead?

---

My response to that is that the above would have been awesome! Not having to fight a monster (relative term, comparing him with regular Genins) like Gaara wouldn't have crippled him like so. It was truly sad to hear (at first) how he couldn't live as a Ninja anymore because of the damage he suffered in his match. What would have been even better is that he would have gotten a shot at fighting Neji full-fledged. Who do you think would have won if Rock Lee had fought Neji at that time? Although Neji's absolute defense is impenetrable, Lee has an advantage in speed and if he performed the primary lotus on Neji, I seriously doubt he would have been able to defend himself/turn the tables in any way (I don't know if Neji could have performed his Kaiten/swirl in midair in the few seconds he gets before getting his head smashed with the primary lotus?). What do you guys think?
grOOvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 20:34   Link #2
Explosion of Youth

IMO lee should have slaughtered Neji with even the secondary lotus. It was faster than garaa's sand + the fact that Neji is not that quick to react (when naruto came from below and K.O.ed him). Every person who faced lee's secondary lotus couldn't see him attack from below. If he used primary lotus Neji would have been killed.

What if Kakashi had tried to kill Orochimaru in the Chuunin exam after he had just put evil surpressor on sasuke?
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 20:48   Link #3

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth
What if Kakashi had tried to kill Orochimaru in the Chuunin exam after he had just put evil surpressor on sasuke?
He would have been killed.

What if Jiraiya had not met Naruto.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 20:52   Link #4
qball8001

Send a message via AIM to qball8001 Send a message via Yahoo to qball8001
Oro, only feared the Third and Itachi. Kakashi had no chance.

What if Sakrua stopped liking Sauske.
qball8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 21:38   Link #5
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth
IMO lee should have slaughtered Neji with even the secondary lotus. It was faster than garaa's sand + the fact that Neji is not that quick to react (when naruto came from below and K.O.ed him). Every person who faced lee's secondary lotus couldn't see him attack from below. If he used primary lotus Neji would have been killed.

Neji was totally unexpecting Naruto's uppercut. Neji, fighting Lee, would have an advantage since he has sparred and beaten Lee so many times. Neji's kaiten can easily block Secondary Lotus from ever happening, plus he has the 64 point attack. Open 5 gates VS Neji would be a closer call than you think. All Neji has to do (like Gaara) is to find a way to survive it, and Lee is beaten.

If Sakura stopped liking Sasuke, she might get 1) more focused in Ninja training allowing her to get better, and 2) go out with Lee (which is bad because I'd rather have Sakura go out with someone I don't like)
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 21:40   Link #6
lufia

Saske wouldnt care and ino will b happi
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 21:42   Link #7
lufia

rock lee would have won 4 sure. he jus takes off his weights and !!!!!! do those extreme fast punches and kicks like he done on gaara
Old 2005-01-03, 22:06   Link #8
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufia
rock lee would have won 4 sure. he jus takes off his weights and !!!!!! do those extreme fast punches and kicks like he done on gaara
And then Neji will open his eyes then !!!!! block them with chakra/hands.

I think that Rock Lee would have probably won if he went to the 5th gate, but it wouldn't be easy for him.
Old 2005-01-03, 22:32   Link #9
ggzone2000
Que Sera Sera

What if Sasuke had taken Sakura's offer in episode 109 and went to pursue Itachi with Sakura by his side?

Lol, I sooo do not see that happening ^^
But since this is a what if trend . . . I'll let you guys answer =P
ggzone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:32   Link #10
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Well if Rock lee was paired with neji then hinata would have got owned/killed real fast and the story would loose a big fan base.

What if Orochimaru wasnt a phedophilic bastard who was intrested in his "specail" children
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:56   Link #11
qball8001

Those Special Children, are pretty sick themselves.
What if those Special Children Revolted against Oro??

are we allowed to include manga in here ?
Old 2005-01-03, 23:02   Link #12
Lst2touchdasky

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball8001
Those Special Children, are pretty sick themselves.
What if those Special Children Revolted against Oro??

are we allowed to include manga in here ?
well if its a what "if" question, then tecqnically if wouldnt have happened in the manga either, so spoilers wouldnt really apply in a topic like this. the only way it would be a spoiler if some one were to answer one of the what if questions with " yea that really happens"
Old 2005-01-03, 23:15   Link #13
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
Well if Rock lee was paired with neji then hinata would have got owned/killed real fast and the story would loose a big fan base.

What if Orochimaru wasnt a phedophilic bastard who was intrested in his "specail" children
Maybe Hinata VS Chouji? Or it could have been Hinata VS Sound Mummy.

Hinata VS Gaara = ;_; Hinata dies. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
well if its a what "if" question, then tecqnically if wouldnt have happened in the manga either, so spoilers wouldnt really apply in a topic like this. the only way it would be a spoiler if some one were to answer one of the what if questions with " yea that really happens"
What about a question asking about what if Naruto didn't (outcome of the battle - like win or lose) against (that person that thought he was "special" whom Naruto fights. Manga readers: you know who I'm talking about).

That would be spoilers right there.
Old 2005-01-03, 23:41   Link #14
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Maybe Hinata VS Chouji? Or it could have been Hinata VS Sound Mummy.
Sound mummy? I think I know who you mean.. ^^.. he could easily have vaporised Hinata, but I guess he wouldnt see the point in killing her when he can bring her down neutralized in 1-2 moves.

By the record, I was SO dissapointed that the jounins came out and saved Hinata :/... Neji was so close from cleaning out the garbage.. so annoying :/
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 23:43   Link #15
Lst2touchdasky

Quote:
That would be spoilers right there.
Doh! I was thinking that all the questions were going to be very vague X.X so that idea never crossed my mind.
Old 2005-01-03, 23:54   Link #16
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Sound mummy? I think I know who you mean.. ^^.. he could easily have vaporised Hinata, but I guess he wouldnt see the point in killing her when he can bring her down neutralized in 1-2 moves.

By the record, I was SO dissapointed that the jounins came out and saved Hinata :/... Neji was so close from cleaning out the garbage.. so annoying :/
Lol, I mean the guy in your avatar. Not good with Japanese names that are uncommon. I don't think that guy is worse than Neji. Gaara and Neji would be the worst opponents.
Old 2005-01-04, 02:31   Link #17
qball8001

Quote:
Lol, I mean the guy in your avatar. Not good with Japanese names that are uncommon. I don't think that guy is worse than Neji. Gaara and Neji would be the worst opponents.

What If Gaara and Neji Fought:
Gaara Would Destroy Neji hands down. (Spoiler down Below Maybe????)

Gaara I think is the strongest Ninja out there. Honestly, he destroys his enemies. And frankly I think Naruto got lucky.
Old 2005-01-04, 02:58   Link #18
lufia

True that.
Old 2005-01-04, 03:44   Link #19
neji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball8001
What If Gaara and Neji Fought:
Gaara Would Destroy Neji hands down. (Spoiler down Below Maybe????)

Gaara I think is the strongest Ninja out there. Honestly, he destroys his enemies. And frankly I think Naruto got lucky.
I dont think Gaara would destroy him but it be a good fight, I dont know i guess it depends on the plot of the story
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 03:51   Link #20
qball8001

Quote:
Originally Posted by neji-kun
I dont think Gaara would destroy him but it be a good fight, I dont know i guess it depends on the plot of the story

Are you kidding me, what possibly could neji do. Gaara would exploit Nejis weakness. Gaaras only weakness is his mental state. There is no way Neji is going to be able to even land a blow, let alone alter Gaaras mental state.