Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 07:14   Link #21
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Its creepy no mater how old the student or the teacher is or what gender they are
As long as it's an anime story, I don't see the problem.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:10   Link #22
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I thought Van Halen already established this theme to be hot as the fires in hell back in the 80s.

I love you.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 07:17   Link #23
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
Teacher student romance, once a taboo subject, is fairly becoming a popular trend in anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Eroge games. I didn't become interested in this subject until I saw I My Me Strawberry Eggs)
[...]
The student is usually inexperienced and seeks guidance from an older person like a teacher to teach them about love.
It's a fairly common theme in romance stories. Innocence and experience offer an interesting angle for storytelling. The experience character offers safety and guidance, the younger character energy and optimism.

Real world issues like the generation gap and social disapproval can be easily ignored.

Since so many anime (and romance manga) center on school life, the experienced figure is often takes the form of a sempai, tutor or teacher rater than a superior in a working environment.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 07:40   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My dad was a teacher at the same school and in the same year as my mom was a Grade 12 student there. And yes, they were in a relationship at the time. And they've been happily married for about 40 years now. So I'm naturally not necessarily against the idea.

But it has to be handled very carefully, and much like my own parents in real life I'd prefer it if the ages of the characters involved aren't that far off.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate had something that had the possibility of being like this, and it didn't bother me precisely because the age difference wasn't that huge.

Once you have a teacher and someone in Jr. High or younger, though, that's when it starts to disturb me a bit if not a lot (unless it's some weird situation like Negima where the teacher himself/herself is a kid, lol). At that point, it's no longer just a question of conflict of interest (i.e. "You're getting good marks only because the teacher's your boyfriend!" ), but also of a major power imbalance that I think is risky in a relationship.
Old 2012-09-24, 12:52   Link #25
Rahan

Here is some real world teacher student pairing :

15 years old british schoolgirl runs away with maths teacher in France

The man is in serious trouble. He couldn't have been stupider, I think. He is about to lose everything.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 23:18   Link #26
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
In real life I hate relationships like that (maturity and generation gap), but in literature and anime...I don't really mind.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 23:51   Link #27
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I think the maximum gap would be no more than 10...

If more, just imagine... "when I (teacher) was in high school, my lover (student) was never born yet.. God.."

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-25 at 05:21. Reason: imagine and not time.. lolz
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 00:32   Link #28
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think the maximum gap would be no more than 10...

If more, just time... "when I (teacher) was in high school, my lover (student) was never born yet.. God.."
I think this time, the high school graduates should be at least 18 already so I think it's safe now although the age gap matters to me. 10 years is ok.
Old 2012-09-25, 14:04   Link #29
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
The age of consent in Japan on national level is 13 years of age, although it varies/differs in some prefectures.

It explains why teachers were not arrested but dismissed when they were caught red-handed with senior high or even junior high students in any anime/manga such as I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs. But in anime such as Kodomo no Jikan, any teachers do worry about being caught having improper relations with elementary schoolers, since they are below the legal age and thus it is against the law, not just against the school rules.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote