Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-09-03, 22:31   Link #4461
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Reiwa seems to be having a terrible time with KR series.

The last two bumbled the ending terribly (Revice and Geats), and I've heard a lot of criticisms about Saber and Zero-1 (which are now looked at fondly?). Then Gotchard starts like this...

Guess we all keep forgetting that at the end of the day, it's really just about the merchandise.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-04, 01:02   Link #4462
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Zero One aired during COVID so people willing to give benefit of doubt in regards to scheduling and actors availability.
Luckily Fuwa post-series material managed to convinced audience that Zero One may be a good series if its not because of COVID.

Saber, only overseas vocal about Saber being bad series, in Japan it well-received by end of series.
People are willing to overlook it weak, messy start as it managed to have the best last leg of story compare to other Reiwa Riders so far, also managed to score good at dynamics with sentai on SHT movie (with Zenkaiger and KR Zi-O in Super Hero Senki).

Revice is a mess of production; Daiji actor in one of interview admitted he's confused by script for Revice second half (well, Evility Live is not on initial toys catalogue, so ...).
Ironic because Revice is made when COVID restriction lifted and probably where Toei spent most of their money compare to other Reiwa Riders being 50th Anniversary Rider.

Geats, simply put, power fantasy sells; kinda funny considering Kirito VA belong to this series.
Enough not only to ensure good toys sales (to the point Geats Mark IX got two repaint for antagonist version) but also to warrant Geats as trending topic in Twitter (X) JP behind Donbrothers, later Kingohger, every Sunday.

I'm not sure about Gotchard being that bad.

The story just start, have setup, not the first time KR have stiff acting on first episode, not the first time it have school setting too.
You wanted day one casualties to spice up things? Build doesn't have that and works just fine. Giant monsters? Drive can live without that.

So far only camera works looks problematic but Gotchard team did mention in some of their staffs post that they tried to push how far they could go with CG and drones (opposite to King-ohger) thus they willing to take risk of shiny suit for Gotchard SteamHopper (which previously considered high risk of light reflection for Xross Saber).
Old 2023-09-10, 14:14   Link #4463
justavisitor

My standard is probably pretty low, but I think this episode is better than the previous one, both acting (!) and plot wise.

Obviously the actors are good looking, so while they obviously have room for improvement, just a couple of heart warming interactions between MC and chemies, and a rare smile from the heroine (she has a lot in the op lol) already made them look more natural

Plot wise they already manage to explain much of the back story and the setting of chemies in this episode, so audiences can understand what is going on and now we can focus on the upcoming plot

Obviously still a long way to go, but enough for me to keep watching
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-10, 16:11   Link #4464
GDB

It's definitely better than the previous one, but it's also still really bad/weak.

That said, the writing showed itself to be pretty bad this episode too, so I have to wonder if the actors wouldn't feel so bad if the scripts were better. Like, alchemy is making something from nothing? Hello, yes, that's the opposite of what alchemy is. This might've been excusable if FMA wasn't one of the more famous and popular anime out there. Also, how is "makes things levitate" making something from nothing? The MC is right, this is literally just magic, there's nothing alchemic about it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-11, 01:35   Link #4465
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It ... more to tell what distinguish Houtarou and Rinne though.

Rinne looks smart but she treated things just what people around her told her about.
Supported by her earlier flashback and explanation, she's living situation where she have to quick on deciding her father is criminal, no question.

Houtarou OTOH, he looks stupid for bonding with Chemy.
However he's skeptical enough to notice alchemy here is just magic with formula attached and, opposite to Rinne, believe there must be explanation to his father disappearance.

This is similar to Yuta and Yume dynamics in Dynazenon now I'm convinced Gotchard is Dynazenon + KR + Cardcaptor Sakura.
Old 2023-09-12, 23:48   Link #4466
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Kaixa confirmed for 555 Paradise Regained ... in 9/13/2023.

Spoiler for He finally got new form after such a long time:
Old 2023-09-17, 23:18   Link #4467
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

MC with uniform looks weird considering most times KR tend to go with "organization are evils".
Gotchard, Valvarad and current case of stalker ... does remind me of Drive with Valvarad as Chaser, also Chemy drawn to negative emotion is close enough to how Roidmude personality varied as they 'infected' by negative experience.

Continuing previous episode, I guess alchemy here is not going specific about modification and equivalent exchange but question of "what made it worth" ?
Gotchard and Valvarad are going to approach what made a Chemy "worth", to value them as friend or to value them as items, medium they originally intended.

Unfortunately this idea would be nicely executed if we saw more from Houtarou school life affected his decision befriending Hopper 1 instead of quickly settled it as part of Houtarou looking once in a lifetime experience.

Old 2023-10-01, 05:03   Link #4468
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Probably the best episode of Reiwa so far just because it got that Showa Riders energy through training arc with locals.

That Dark Knight Rises experience though. Poor Houtarou.

Old 2023-10-01, 11:21   Link #4469
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still hate it, especially the MC and his loud speaking.
Old 2023-10-01, 14:22   Link #4470
GDB

At least this episode was the one time where it felt somewhat natural to shout everything.
Old 2023-10-02, 03:46   Link #4471
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

New Cast of Kamen Rider 555 Paradise Regained:

Spoiler for Desc:
Old 2023-10-02, 09:14   Link #4472
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
New Cast of Kamen Rider 555 Paradise Regained:

Spoiler for Desc:
I love seeing new Oprhonch suits!
Old 2023-10-08, 09:38   Link #4473
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Last time I remember someone barge in and have cooking match in KR is on Kabuto.

While this episode seems to glorified Spanner, I like that it also delivered "What if things doesn't work for Houtarou?"
Here we are, he's annoyed, following Spanner and probably almost became a sore loser like Boruto (Can't help this. LOL).

No shocking intrique but crumbs; actually nice to know Main Rider can be annoyed for good reason, and direct confrontation, instead of artificially annoyed helped by flashback.
I also like how Houtarou got to acknowledged Spanner is better than him as start of their dynamics; kind of remind me times with Hikawa (G3) and Shinji (Ryuki). Spanner got his own bike is a plus.

Old 2023-10-12, 18:36   Link #4474
kiak666

A new Rider has been revealed, and it sure looks very familiar...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-12, 19:29   Link #4475
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
A new Rider has been revealed, and it sure looks very familiar...

Images
Video: https://twitter.com/Gotcha_toei/stat...88956238533119

Looks fun.

Old 2023-10-15, 06:45   Link #4476
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Cliffhanger for Gotchard, meanwhile ...

YouTube

So Niram will be (another) misunderstood cool guy, featuring Ichigo Gazer.

YouTube

Old 2023-10-15, 18:00   Link #4477
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't bother with the spin-off and movies anymore. Once a series is done, I move on. I still make an exception for older shows out of nostalgia though, sometimes with disastrous results (OOOs movie...).
Old 2023-10-16, 12:23   Link #4478
GDB

"Cliffhanger", which is immediately dispelled by the preview 2 seconds in. Gotta love it.
Old 2023-10-16, 18:12   Link #4479
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
"Cliffhanger", which is immediately dispelled by the preview 2 seconds in. Gotta love it.
It's not like anyone would believe the main character dies not even 10 episodes in (boy, I wish). But yeah, they're guilty of doing this too often.
Old 2023-10-16, 21:14   Link #4480
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
boy, I wish
The only reason I wouldn't want to get rid of the MC at this point is... who else would become MC? The female lead whose actress is just as bad, if not worse? The rival who has even less personality than Gotou from early OOO?

Overall the cast for Gotchard just isn't good. Or the cast is fine but the script and director are atrocious, but I can't imagine a director being able to make good actors seem this bad on their own.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu