GAHHH must get hand on ringtone somehow
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 08:21   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs
GAHHH must get hand on ringtone somehow
Ever thought about recording it from the episode, & transfering to your phone? ^^;
Old 2006-08-10, 10:16   Link #283
CrYsYs
殺害

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Ever thought about recording it from the episode, & transfering to your phone? ^^;
That might just be crazy enough to work :O
Old 2006-08-10, 14:00   Link #284
Lerry08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
LOL, record that part where Sato-san sings:
"Mahou-shoujo....sore ga...GA!!! (hits the wall)"

haha

btw, i got misaki's voice as my window's login theme
"project ni youkoso" <3
Lerry08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 06:58   Link #285
rayk
pirate ninja

Question

I watched the first ep, looks to be pretty awsome. Was wondering if there are any releases in .avi? I really hate mkv cos you can't watch it anywhere apart from the pc.

Cheers.
rayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 08:13   Link #286
CrYsYs
殺害

OMG Just watched episode 5 and it was great to see Satou slowly get out of his lifestyle of hikikomori.
Spoiler for quote from satou in episode 5:
Those words left me in awe

Also how very fortunate of him to have ran into his senpai. Seems like she is a big reason to why he's getting better.

Can't wait for episode 6. This anime is great. just GREAAAAAAT omg i love it =]
Old 2006-08-11, 08:14   Link #287
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh ep 5 looks interesting...just dl atm so ill save this space for later comments

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:07   Link #288
i0td

Quote:
OMG Just watched episode 5 and it was great to see Satou slowly get out of his lifestyle of hikikomori.
Character development is on the mark. This series sure does not have your typical anime setting, but the plot and protagonist continue to impress me. How can the story of one hikikomori can be so interesting? NHK ni Youkoso.

Spoiler for ep5:

also wanted to comment on the song in the OP. It is excellent!
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:19   Link #289
yuriaki

Send a message via MSN to yuriaki
Finally it's been a great anime so far, ep5 was awesome and I really love the seiyuu of Sato's high school friend.
I think she's better in the anime than in the original manga
yuriaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:21   Link #290
kauldron26
Med Student

This episode was absolutely fantastic... ***spoilers***

The way Satou looked into the eyes of his Senpai, u can tell how much he truly loved/loves her. All of us guys have been there... that one girl that u really, really, really liked that u cant ever forget about. Even when u get a new girlfriend, go on dates, and even get laid, there's still that one girl that fleets through ur mind from time to time... because she was there when u were beginning to discover urself.

You can see it in his eyes in every episode, when he reminisces about the days before he became a hikikomori... Those moments were spent with that same girl. he was not intimate with her physically, yet those moments were they talked about absolute nonsense were moments in which he was truly himself and confiding his being in a kindred spirit. Even though he knows she has flaws, she practically insane... yet issues like that dont determine who we love... because love is blind indeed.

The scene from highschool in which we see the amalgamtion of Satou's love for her, and how she rewards him for his dedication towards her and convictions was just incredible.. we've all had that moment (if ur over 18 and have some experience) that moment when u know the girl u've been working ur ass off to win over, sacrificing a shit load of shit to gain her affections, and u finally do... That scene represents moments in which many of us truly felt and feel grateful for life, youth and all that it has to offer. Few moments are greater than getting to bang ur dreamgirl... lmao.. The symbolism with the kettle was just awe-inspiring. Damn i love this show.

Satou doesnt even try to hide anything (him being a hikikomori) from her because they both know each other so well... inside and out and he knows it would be pointless to lie to the love of his life... and she doesnt even deny that she has some mental issues herself. Her existence in his life continues to be an important gear in his life's machine... Simply realising that the girl he loves has chosen to view him as what he supposedly is, is very painful and the scene in which he realises this just just wrenching...

For those of us that majored in psych or atleast took a psych course, u know what the symbolism for the dream with the gun, knife and robust snake is... LMAO... that was absolutely hilarious... I still cant believe how great this show is... i get the same feeling from this show as i get from my favorite movie of all time: American Beauty. Absolutely hilarious, yet truly poignant and insightful about life.

if u've unabashedly fallen inlove with this show as much as i have, scream NHK!!

NHK!!
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:21   Link #291
yjs

Episode 5 was great, and the animation quality recovered well. There's only one thing I'm worried about this series, and it's filler. Although so far there hasn't been any filler eps they can easily be done with the given setting of NHK ni Youkosou.

Regardless, can't wait for episode 6!
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 13:48   Link #292
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I don't think you have to have majored in psych to know what the symbolism for those is. You just have to know the basics, know about freud, and know that freud related everything to sex.

I loved this episode. I also wanted to smack Satou when he whipped out all that stuff to show his Senpai, but then I realized it was the correct action. Was good episode, and this series is definately getting better and better.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 14:40   Link #293
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 5

Good episode. More of Satou's development which makes me happy, I really want him to become a better person and quit being a hikki. *continues on cheering*

Misaki was cute but... a disappointment (not really). Now I don't think she has "hidden agenda" anymore. Maybe she's just a curious shrink-wannabe young girl.

Quote:
Also how very fortunate of him to have ran into his senpai. Seems like she is a big reason to why he's getting better.
I agree. I think that she's the one who ruined him (conspiracy etc) and now she's the one who's gonna help me. Just one thing... did they just kiss or had sex? Or will we know later?

And about that dream...

I know Frued but not his theories. I don't know what that dream symbols, but pretty much guessed from Misaki's reaction. XD
Old 2006-08-11, 15:25   Link #294
yuriaki

Send a message via MSN to yuriaki
So what this fake dream was supposed to mean, I know it's related to sex but did somebody knows the true meaning?
yuriaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 15:55   Link #295
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriaki
So what this fake dream was supposed to mean, I know it's related to sex but did somebody knows the true meaning?
Swords, snakes... Satou wasn't making any effort to be subtle. Combine that with Freud's well known love of sexual symbolism and it shouldn't really take much effort to guess what it means. Satou was just deliberately winding Misaki up.

Evidently Satou is better educated than Misaki, if not flat out the more intelligent of the two, considering it didn't even occur to Misaki that because she didn't know much about basic psychology that Satou wouldn't either. It might merely be representing the difference in their age, but I can't help but wonder if it isn't a veiled form of forshadowing.

I'll be very interested to see where they go with this, I found the focus on character development to be far more interesting than simply going over the more sordid fetishes of the common garden otaku stereotype (not least because, as a Japanese production, they'll never touch the subject nearest and dearest to my geek heart: Dungeons & Dragons, not that there isn't more than enough hilarious material on that already).
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:01   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Having watched episode 05 a few times today, i can easily say i've fallen for Hitomi with a bang.. she's just so much more in-depth within the anime compared to the manga.. gawd i love her. >_<

Also, i hope people have noticed what Satou's main reason of joining the program is. It really does show of his deep down feelings for Hitomi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry08
"project ni youkoso" <3
You're gonna have to send me that file. ^^;;

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-11 at 19:18.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 18:19   Link #297
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I was wavering on this series, but having watched 4&5 now, I see it just got awesome.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 18:34   Link #298
SATAN
Forged in christian blood

Send a message via MSN to SATAN
This anime is very satisfactory. So far.
SATAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 19:18   Link #299
Anime Online

I wonder how this would play out : Satou already realizing the way to escape his life as a hikikomori while attending lectures from Misato on the same subject. On the subject of her lecture, I'm wondering : does she really know what she's doing, or is Satou her guinea pig?

The look on Yamazaki's face when he stepped on his Pururin-chan figurine is downright accurate.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 19:22   Link #300
CrYsYs
殺害

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry08
LOL, record that part where Sato-san sings:
"Mahou-shoujo....sore ga...GA!!! (hits the wall)"

haha

"project ni youkoso" <3
OMG! I'm so gonna do that =]