AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-01, 16:32   Link #1901
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Watch out, you could hurt yourselves thinking about that too hard.

...this line of thought begs the oh-so-pervert-able question of whether or not Hayate's armor is part of R2...
apparently ive already been knocked out for 30mins thinking about it

and what do you mean by hayate's armour being apart of R2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
They can have Elio rubbing suntan lotion over "Mom's" back, legs and .....erm other places.
why you!!! *kicks elio and takes his place* "okaaaa~san :3"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-01, 16:45   Link #1902
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ah, so elio is the boy? Righto.

*Instantly writes elio off as not being worthy of thought or consideration*

Who's the one with orange hair and twin tails who uses guns? She's the only new one that really interests me so far.

Last edited by Radiosity; 2007-02-01 at 19:27.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:10   Link #1903
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

*prepares to be sprayed with water, but Dark Nanoha appears and turns the water to blood.*
*is now dripping wet and very disgusting*

My hair mistake - Sorry, I thought that "relax time" pic was all Fate, so I wondered if she did the side pony tail thing too. On closer inspection it is indeed Nanoha.

Fillers - I don't really think these writers need fillers. They seem capable of putting fun stuff like onsens and celphone shopping in with the plot relevant stuff. I won't mind if they have them. I just don't expect even a 26 ep series to have slow parts. Especially if the rumours of multiple villain factions is true.

Tiana - That's the one with the guns. As with all the new characters, next to nothing is known about her yet.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:22   Link #1904
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Don't really expect too much. While I am confident there will be fanservice, let's not forget the evilness of corporate marketing. They know you want it, BUT they won't give it ALL to you in all the fanservice~ly goodness so that you can keep on salivating and want MOAR...and buy side-side merchandise/DVDs/etc.

I don't think filler would be a generally big issue, especially much more so since the StrikerS looks like it will either be done from a 3-side perspective (( if Nanoha/Fate/Hayate are assigned to different locations )) or even a 2-side perspective (( focus on younglings growing up and focus on the present showing their fangs )). Respectively, it shouldn't be a gigantic issue. I'm more worried on the presentation of the villians. I mean...they can't have mass grunts fighting the younglings while l33t executive class ebil masked man fight Nanoha...it would so cheapen their presence, but considering that Nanoha-level and Subaru-level has a ridiculous power-gap, they really do need to present the villains in a more restricted manner, one of 2 different power levels without being wholely convoluted.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:58   Link #1905
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL. I was going to buy StrikerS Nanoha and Fate (and probably Hayate now) figures, whether they give me fanservice or not (unless I don't like the designs, I'm picky when it comes to that)
Old 2007-02-01, 19:58   Link #1906
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Don't really expect too much. While I am confident there will be fanservice, let's not forget the evilness of corporate marketing. They know you want it, BUT they won't give it ALL to you in all the fanservice~ly goodness so that you can keep on salivating and want MOAR...and buy side-side merchandise/DVDs/etc.

I don't think filler would be a generally big issue, especially much more so since the StrikerS looks like it will either be done from a 3-side perspective (( if Nanoha/Fate/Hayate are assigned to different locations )) or even a 2-side perspective (( focus on younglings growing up and focus on the present showing their fangs )). Respectively, it shouldn't be a gigantic issue. I'm more worried on the presentation of the villians. I mean...they can't have mass grunts fighting the younglings while l33t executive class ebil masked man fight Nanoha...it would so cheapen their presence, but considering that Nanoha-level and Subaru-level has a ridiculous power-gap, they really do need to present the villains in a more restricted manner, one of 2 different power levels without being wholely convoluted.
I highly doubt they'll have the lolis fighting grunts, just because the scriptwriters have done such a good job so far (in Nanoha and Nanoha A's), they've yet to disappoint. Perhaps the new lolis just start out really weak, but end up somewhere in the AA class, then we'll see some very nice team action ^__^)v

mm Onsen/Beach episode: I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of these. We might get to see some Suzuka and Arisa

Spoiler for Arisa and Suzuka:

^ reminds me of Magical Pokaan hahaha, Pachira <3

Last edited by Kiety; 2007-02-01 at 20:13.
Old 2007-02-01, 20:06   Link #1907
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kietv
^ reminds me of Magical Pokaan hahaha, Pachira <3
*Points to sig image*

Liru <3

Old 2007-02-01, 21:08   Link #1908
Skane
Anime Snark

The main thing that worries me about a 2-cour series is whether or not they will be able to maintain the animation consistency. I fear multiple incidents of Season One's onsen episode. You know... the one with paper-dolls animation.

The horror.
Old 2007-02-01, 21:15   Link #1909
Kikaifan
Blazing General

For me it wasn't so much the animation as the inconsistent and near the end just plain bad art in A's.
Old 2007-02-01, 22:44   Link #1910
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

True. A grumble I have against A's is that some of the more spectacular fight scenes (Signum vs Fate in the desert world, and the end-game boss fight) were delivered with less than excellent artwork (though the animation remained good).

I think fillers won't be a problem. Mai HiME was a good example how filler-like episodes can be used to further the development of the story. Given the scriptwriter's talent and the fact that the first 2 seasons ended well (finished everything neatly and then wrapped everything up with a nice ending episode), I think we won't need to worry about fillers spoiling the show the way most shounen anime had suffered.
Old 2007-02-01, 22:54   Link #1911
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
True. A grumble I have against A's is that some of the more spectacular fight scenes (Signum vs Fate in the desert world, and the end-game boss fight) were delivered with less than excellent artwork (though the animation remained good).

I think fillers won't be a problem. Mai HiME was a good example how filler-like episodes can be used to further the development of the story. Given the scriptwriter's talent and the fact that the first 2 seasons ended well (finished everything neatly and then wrapped everything up with a nice ending episode), I think we won't need to worry about fillers spoiling the show the way most shounen anime had suffered.
they fixed the desert scene as well as *many* others in the dvd release ^__^
Old 2007-02-01, 23:05   Link #1912
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I wasn't so much bothered by animation inconsistency in A's (( since I can understand Nanoha isn't a uber-high budget series, but even then still has really solid action sequences )), but rather the colour tones inconsistency. I mean, damn! How the hell can Signum look like a glossy PVC figurine at one scene, and look normal the other!? Maintainining consistency in colour tones is a whole lot different from maintaining animation consistency. Of course, the DVD releases fixed those, but generally, tone inconsistency is almost non-existent even in low-budget TV series.

Though personally, I'm not too bothered. I'm not expecting l33t animation or so, just so long the series retains a sense of consistency.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-01, 23:11   Link #1913
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
They can have Elio rubbing suntan lotion over "Mom's" back, legs and .....erm other places.
This can't be! Fate-chan is for everyone to rub suntan lotion on!

"Crushinates Elios and takes his place"
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-02-01, 23:17   Link #1914
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The main thing that worries me about a 2-cour series is whether or not they will be able to maintain the animation consistency. I fear multiple incidents of Season One's onsen episode. You know... the one with paper-dolls animation.
Paper-dolls animation?

You mean like that one episode of Kare Kano?
Old 2007-02-02, 00:57   Link #1915
Kikaifan
Blazing General

May the dreaded curse of the Gainax Ending never touch our fair Nanoha. *crosses self*
Old 2007-02-02, 01:21   Link #1916
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

i liked Gunbuster 2 ending actually @@
Old 2007-02-02, 01:37   Link #1917
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I happen to be one of those people that actually like the Eva ending.

As for Karekano, you can bloame gainax since the Author refuse to give Gainax anymore permission to make more Karekano becuase of a difference of opinion on how the anime should have been done.
Old 2007-02-02, 01:57   Link #1918
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

i was re-reading the StrikerS manga, and it seems we had it wrong! Fate is elio's *guardian*, he's officially adopted by Lindy. *applies for younger brother position*

Feito onee-chan! *dakko*

source: A's to StrikerS phase 3
Old 2007-02-02, 01:58   Link #1919
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Personally I like the Eva ending, and Gunbuster 2's didn't really out-whack the premise, but you have to admit that the number of well-known budget overruns and weird endings they've presided over warrants the existence of the term.

Melody of Oblivion. Seriously.
Old 2007-02-02, 02:00   Link #1920
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

looks like ero-suke will have some competition

Spoiler:
Closed Thread