AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 05:26   Link #541
Boduar

I face palmed at the contradiction of "These mecha are not used for combat" and "Women can take over the world muahahahaha". Luckily I dont particularly care if there are contradictions as long as it does not totally kill the motion of the ocean. I mean its like saying when you get into a fight that you totally have these super cool weapons just that you cant use them but if you could you would totally beat the other person up.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:28   Link #542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
I face palmed at the contradiction of "These mecha are not used for combat" and "Women can take over the world muahahahaha". Luckily I dont particularly care if there are contradictions as long as it does not totally kill the motion of the ocean. I mean its like saying when you get into a fight that you totally have these super cool weapons just that you cant use them but if you could you would totally beat the other person up.
IS had made conventional weapons obsolete.

Every country had been given roughly an even number of IS, but since none of them are at war, or rather nobody's willing to risk war, for now the girls would be honing their skills through competitions and duels.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-01-07 at 05:39.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:32   Link #543
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not a bad start, but didn't care for the bedroom scene. Seemed idiotic to me...

I wonder if his memory loss has something to do with him being able to pilot an IS? If he was 80 I'd understand not remembering much, but not at 15 or unless his name is Junna...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:36   Link #544
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
you mean breakfast lol.

I'm really liking Houki. For a 1st episode...she's my favorite.

You want ?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:47   Link #545
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This show is very by-the-book, except that the protagonist has something of a spine. Kind of reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima. I liked the mecha fight at the beginning, but the whole "not used for combat" angle makes me a bit worried - are they just gonna pilot those mecha for sports and tournaments? That's so boring. Animation-wise the show looks very good, but I hope they didn't just blow half their budget on this episode (ok who am I kidding, they probably did). Watching it for the harem and the mecha but really not expecting anything above average.
If the beginning can tell us anything, that'd be the "not used for combat" is going to be throw away.

Quote:
I face palmed at the contradiction of "These mecha are not used for combat" and "Women can take over the world muahahahaha".
It's not a contradiction, but a hypothesis. If they decide to use it for combat, then who will be able to prevent them?
Old 2011-01-07, 05:56   Link #546
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If he was 80 I'd understand not remembering much, but not at 15 or unless his name is Junna...
That's not improbable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's not a contradiction, but a hypothesis. If they decide to use it for combat, then who will be able to prevent them?
That's not even it- It's logical.

Because those weapons are that powerful, they need some kind of restriction on them, the 'you don't use yours and I won't use mine' kind of deal.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 06:17   Link #547
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Episode 01 freebies:
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Because those weapons are that powerful, they need some kind of restriction on them, the 'you don't use yours and I won't use mine' kind of deal.
Yeah, it actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, I assume it's something like a Cold War, kinda how we view nukes nowadays...you can develop them, but it has to be heavily regulated lest there'll be a thermonuclear war that will destroy a world. That's probably why each country send in their representative; they want to keep up with the arms race, so that they have enough strength to scare other countries not to attack them and to defend themselves in case they do. So yeah, I'm guessing at first it'll be sport-like competition battles like Ichika vs Cecilia next ep, although judging from the first few minutes it seems that they'll be fighting together against a common enemy of some kind.
Old 2011-01-07, 06:21   Link #548
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

The "they" I mentioned from my previous post means "women". I understand that's the reason they don't use it in combat. I just mean it's not really a contradiction when they said "Women can take over the world", because if they decide to do that, no one can prevent them.
Yes, it's also a hypothesis that the world was split into 2 side, men on one side, and the other is women.

About the show itself, while nothing particularly stand out, all the cliche element was blending nicely that it's still enjoyable. Ichika was kinda getting on my nerve at the beginning, but it's mainly because I have no idea about the setting of the world, so it's bad on my part. After that he's good on my book, with how he can be nice, but not too nice and spineless that he can let other insult him as they please. There is only one thing that I can't understand him, and that's how he can't consider he was blessed with that situation. I mean, it's not like all those girls treat him badly or anything.

Pretty sure Cecilia wasn't even on my radar (sorry for not liking anything that's bigger than a C ), but her talk with Ichika made me tremble in excitement. She doesn't look down on people as if they are worse than trash even with all that pride and "I'm standing at the top" attitude, but still maintain the distant and superior presence toward him. I just have a thing or two for girl like that.

Still waiting for Rinin (sp?)'s entrance, though.
Old 2011-01-07, 06:40   Link #549
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why does England always end up making the snooty noble characters?
So she will stand out.

& 'snooty noble' is adorable in my books. :3
Old 2011-01-07, 07:04   Link #550
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So she will stand out.

& 'snooty noble' is adorable in my books. :3
Why yes she is. Both "stand out" and "adorable".

Admittedly, even myself whenever I think about England, I think of noble . I don't remember why did I get that impression, or from where.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:20   Link #551
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Episode one is awesome! =P

I mean I noticed how 2011 graphics kinda improved over 2010 ones. Did anyone notice that?
(Honestly I felt like watching BD quality, and I view a TV quality vid [standard among current season anime])
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:22   Link #552
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Admittedly, even myself whenever I think about England, I think of noble . I don't remember why did I get that impression, or from where.
If that means you think of me as a noble, then i'm all cool with that . I do sit with my legs crossed drinking tea while i watch my anime.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:28   Link #553
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If only she weren't a nationilstic, narrow-minded prick by extension. I hope there aren't any other foreigners that have extremely weird charactertistics like that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:42   Link #554
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Like most people, I found the first episode very classic yet very fun. Sure, it's cliche as hell, but it works so far. The animation is great, the chara design is very pleasing to the eye, the girls are cute and fun, and finally, the main lead apparently has a spine. That's already more than you can say for a lot of shows.

My only complaint about this episode is that they didn't explain why only females can pilot ISs. Guess we'll have to wait a little more for the answer. I assume ISs are far more than machines.

Quote:
If that means you think of me as a noble, then i'm all cool with that . I do sit with my legs crossed drinking tea while i watch my anime.
And with your pinky extended, right?
Old 2011-01-07, 07:44   Link #555
Azuma Denton
~AD~

OMG, Houki is definitely adorable !!!
Great battle sequence for opening. Too bad, i dont see any more battle using IS after that.
Guess I'll see how Ichika and Cecilia will fight on next week.

Good first episode...

Btw, from the looks of it, do you guys think Houki is too aware of her body??
As she doesn't want to seen naked. Just my thought...

@mikoo
I'll claim this as my avatar if you don't mind...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:46   Link #556
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Need fabulous background, too.

Quote:
If only she weren't a nationilstic, narrow-minded prick by extension. I hope there aren't any other foreigners that have extremely weird charactertistics like that.
That's far from being "extremely weird". Beside, without those characteristics, I can't see I will be attracted by her.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:50   Link #557
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Really enjoyed watching IS last night, this is going to look like a really fun anime to watch.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 08:03   Link #558
holybell84

Finally watched it 5 mins ago, already starting to love it ^^ I am still wondering what the heck was Houki staring at in the opening fight.

Maybe it's due to Seitokai Yakuindomo but I was actually hoping Houki crack a dirty joke with that voice ^^
Old 2011-01-07, 08:20   Link #559
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsOfLaughs View Post
Pretty good for a first episode to me.. especially the first part, those actions scenes were wicked! Chuckled in a few scenes, definitely looking forward to this.

I know this might sound lame, but, the singer who sang the ED song really sounded like Mio Akiyama from K-ON!!
Well that's because it's the voice actress who played Mio herself! And she's Houki in this anime.
Old 2011-01-07, 08:21   Link #560
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
tsundere childhood friend, drill hair ojou-sama, glasses girl, costume (cosplay?) girl, only ____ can operate it, and I am probably missing some tropes/genres. That was terrible. Don't think I will be watching more unless nothing else is subbed this season

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist