AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 13:30   Link #461
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Q. The reason for Suzaku's physical ability? Will it be explained in S1?
A. Right now it's close to an inside setting. It was given while he's a child.

Physical ability??? He trained with Toudo when he was a child ....... is there another reason????
most likely something having to do with V.V. (see episode 19 at the elevator)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 13:41   Link #462
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
most likely something having to do with V.V. (see episode 19 at the elevator)
So we aren't talking about his strength...but about Suzaku’s involvement with VV and Geass in general!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 13:50   Link #463
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
So we aren't talking about his strength...but about Suzaku’s involvement with VV and Geass in general!
no. We are talking about his ability to run on walls and drive the lancelot with 90+% efficiency. >_>

anywho...
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 13:56   Link #464
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no. We are talking about his ability to run on walls and drive the lancelot with 90+% efficiency. >_>

anywho...
his ability to run on walls......yeah.....I forgot that
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 14:48   Link #465
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Did they still work on the first season, while it was already being aired?
The fact that the final 2 episodes were re-produced (correct me, if that isn't right) makes me presume that Sunrise only did a re-development of 24+25, as there has been an intermission in broadcasting for a few months.
Yes they did.
In TV anime production, the production team makes only a few episodes, airs them, sees how the audience likes them, and decides to keep going or make adjustments.
We don't know how many episodes were made before airing. Considering the quality in Ep7 dropped a bit and they made a recap after Ep8, it's possible they only prepared 6 episodes before CG was aired. What I'm sure is they definitely don't have anything prepared beyond Ep11, since the quality dropped tremendously starting from Ep12 and didn't really come back up until Ep18.

And I must defend the Code Geass staff in making the recap episodes.

They're not making the recaps to purposely shift Ep24+25 to summer.
The Code Geass staff had a real hard time during the show because of lack of manpower. In late 2006, Sunrise redeployed most of its animators in the Code Geass team to the Gundam 00 team. Therefore, the CG team had to borrow animators here and there, or hire them from studios outside of Sunrise. When comparing the animator list at the credit roll before and after Ep11, you'll see great difference. Especially in Ep14, most of the animators, even including the animation director, are Korean. Since the quality in Ep14 was horrible (twitched faces everywhere), it caused a small Korean bashing in 2ch. ;p And in Ep17, 2chers caught a spot where they forgot to put colors in! (In 2ch slang it's called "the kitchen caught fire"- they're barely making it in time for airing.) If there's no recap at 17.5 to buy them a week of time, I don't dare to imagine what disaster Ep18 will become. Ep19 was still rushed. In many of the scenes we are looking at the beautiful sky or the sea... to save them the time on drawing the characters. Of course these are all redone in DVD version.
Even Ep24+25 features many "guest" animators from other companies/studios, since Gundam 00 is still on.
I sincerely hope this doesn't happen again in S2.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 18:02   Link #466
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What exactly do things like the studio input and fan response determine for the story? Would that affect judgement in areas like endings, deaths, pairings, and character progression?

And this is something I have never really thought about till recently, but how are opening songs picked out? Are certain bands requested and if so by whom?

Since Gundam 00 should be going on a hiatus for a while, I wouldn't think there would be a big issue. That is, unless they work on it a lot during said hiatus.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 20:47   Link #467
Isegrim

Thanks to ashlay and Koshimizu (again). I completely forgot about 8.5 and 17.5, to me they seemed more like an offer for late entrants.
Although Sunrise must have known about the work coming up with Gundam 00, I mean, they have almost 30 years of experience with this. And in late 2006 they realize the lack of people, and just castle their animators around . But quite understandable, Gundam is worth much more money...

Anyway, how is the success of a series being quantified? By viewer levels? Impact on the communities across the internet? The amount of hentai coming up, using characters from the series?
Generic question, but I'd be happy about some enlightment .
Old 2008-02-11, 04:35   Link #468
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
And in Ep17, 2chers caught a spot where they forgot to put colors in! (In 2ch slang it's called "the kitchen caught fire"- they're barely making it in time for airing.) .
lol do you have a time or screenshot of this, this i gotha see XD

the succes rate is based on the amounth of viewers they have.. what was that called again... each show gets a certain rating if the rating is below a certain amounth then they should start worrying about budget etc. because it can be cut..
view ratings have a huge effect on the series budget, meaning that a low viewed show isnt worth to put in as much cash as a show which is more populair..
low ratings can also mean that the series will end earlier than planned and will just stop.. and if you have a series two i think the rating will have effect ont he time slot you get.. btu that last oen im not so sure about
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 06:27   Link #469
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This is a Q&A thread, not a discussion thread. If people want to discuss the second season of Code Geass, please do it in the second season thread. Otherwise I'll start deleting posts.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 13:41   Link #470
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Has Taniguchi expressed how he feels about some of the other characters like Nunnally, C.C., Kallen and the like or has he only expressed his feelings on Lelouch and Suzaku because it is their type that present the differing viewpoints on justice?
Old 2008-02-15, 04:37   Link #471
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Anyway, how is the success of a series being quantified? By viewer levels? Impact on the communities across the internet? The amount of hentai coming up, using characters from the series?
Generic question, but I'd be happy about some enlightment .
Fanbase is important, but the sponsors would like to see some nice numbers.
Like Karuma said, the most important thing is the view percentage. (I don't know if there's a formal name for this stat.) It's also the fastest way to evaluate if a show is popular, since you get the number as soon as it's aired. Code Geass's was around 3%~4%, that's very good for a midnight show.
The DVD sales also contribute.
I happen to have the sales number if anyone's interested.
Spoiler for in spoiler box to save space:
Spoiler for if you want to know how good that is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What exactly do things like the studio input and fan response determine for the story? Would that affect judgement in areas like endings, deaths, pairings, and character progression?

And this is something I have never really thought about till recently, but how are opening songs picked out? Are certain bands requested and if so by whom?
That's one of the things they shouldn't let the fans know before the show is over. Or people will try to make a difference.

And every director reacts to fan feedback differently. So it's hard to say.
Fans could effect big. for example, in Gundam Seed Destiny, Shinn Asuka was kicked of the throne of #1 male cast by Kira Yamato, since Kira is what the fans really want. In Gundam Seed, the true reason for Dearka to join the hero's side is because the sale number of his Gundam is the worst of all 5. So they do this to keep his mech from cramming up the wearhouse. This is what the director Mitsuo Fukuda said in an interview. Not many directors are so unashamed, though.

I haven't seen such unnatural changes in Code Geass. Nor heard rumors about it. All we know for sure is Orange-kun got his extra screentime because of the Orange fever all over Code Geass fandom.
I think there might have been a little adjustment. When Ep1 was aired, it was critized for anti-Americianism. (Seiji Takeda, one of the producers of Code Geass, is known for being anti-America.) But this no longer exists in later episodes. Perhaps they decided to make adjustments early?

As for the Opening and Ending songs, sadly, the sponsors decide them.
$ONY is known for having their non-hot singers jump on the bandwagon with hot anime. That also happened to Gundam Seed. Tamaki Nami was a novice when she sang GS's ending song, and then she becomes popular.
And yes, that's where Kaidoku Furou came from. They want to make use of Code Geass to get the old yet unprofitable band Jinn popular. Well, if being popular as a laughingstalk is what they want, they succeeded.
Now it's probably going to happen again to the 1st opening of Code Geass R2. Many 2chers guess it's another new band $ONY dishes out. Let's hope the song is good at least.

BTW Taniguchi didn't seem to like Kaidoku Furou. In the commentory of Ep15, he was asked why Kaidoku Furou was chosen as the 2nd opening. He answered, "oh, that's grownup's business."
At this moment, Niconico went wild with comments like "grownup's business LOL!" "The director speaks!" "Jinn critism!"
And then, he was asked why the image doesn't go with the rythems of the song. He answered, "I was only showing what I want to show." (And of course Niconico went wild again.)
Looks like he really doesn't want Kaidoku Furou here. But he didn't have a choice. So he didn't bother to synchronize the image and the song. (Well, neither would I want to listen to that thing for hours to synchronize. XD)
Old 2008-02-15, 06:09   Link #472
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
I Could understand Viewer rating affecting the show, that was why Kira Survived after Shinn was supposed to kill him in Destiny ( Honestly, it was a good Death. Next ep-BANG! HE'S ALIVE?! )

Shinn was also kicked down as main character and replaced by Kira and Athrun cause of Fanbase. Which at that point the whole series spiralled down into hell due to the unplanned choice I think. Main chars were Shinn and Athrun, now the plot had to accommodate Kira+Athrun. Ugh...I still remember Strike Freedom in all of it's GODLY HAX.

It was the Same with Jeremiah I recall, there was so much fandom about him that they made room for him in ep 24+25. He wasn't supposed to appear anymore after he got pwned in Narita.

Come to think of it. What were the sales in Gawain? I'm guessing they weren't as high as Lancelot and thats the reason why it was sunk in ep 25 along with Siegfried. I doubt Siegfried is even gonna get a model for people to buy considering it's short appearance =.=;

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 12:00   Link #473
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
It was the Same with Jeremiah I recall, there was so much fandom about him that they made room for him in ep 24+25. He wasn't supposed to appear anymore after he got pwned in Narita.

Come to think of it. What were the sales in Gawain? I'm guessing they weren't as high as Lancelot and thats the reason why it was sunk in ep 25 along with Siegfried. I doubt Siegfried is even gonna get a model for people to buy considering it's short appearance =.=;
Yep. And since people loved him even more after Narita, he gotta survive. Actually even the staff love him. When he's recording that line, "Not... Orange. ZERO!!!!" the recording room was filled with laughter.

They didn't even bother to make a Gawain. T_T
I don't know what is the model department of Bandai thinking. They kept making Lancelot in different product lines. There are already 2 different Lancelots, and 4 more on the release schedule.
But nothing else. Except for one Cornelia Gloucester GK, all other mech models you see are fanmade.
There will be some nice Sutherland and Gloucester in April and May, though.
Guren Nishiki and Gawain appeared on the release schedule as "planning" but no date given. And it's a miniture series, with Guren only 3.9 inches and Gawain 4.7 inches tall. That's about the size of gashapon!! What has got into you, Bandai? Make proper 1/35 Plamodels for them! *screams*

No way is Gawain going to lose to Lancelot! Who wouldn't love those kitty ears? XD And the bunny ears Buraikai, too. Those people lack taste and only stick to making the old fashioned mechs that resemble Gundam.

It's been more than a year and we see nothing except old Lancelot for Code Geass. And Gundam 00 already got like a dozen. No wonder people say Gundam is a promotion animation for their figures and Plamodels. XD
Old 2008-02-15, 16:34   Link #474
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They actually determine some character's progression and what happens to certain mechs based on the model sales? That doesn't surprise me for some reason, but it seems wrong.

From what has been shown through interviews and such, Taniguchi does seem like the type who does what he wants to do, which is something I am greatful for. I'd be a little worried about how the studio and fan response would affect the show if it was something he was overly concerned over.

Has Taniguchi showed the same attitude with his other works as Code Geass is the only one I have followed from start to finish when it was airing?

How does Kawaguchi seem to operate? Is it more along the same lines as Taniguchi? I've noticed that they each gave different views on the themes of Code Geass and I preferred Taniguchi's myself. Though I suppose that depends on how active he really his with everything since I am not entirely familiar with the job of a producer.

Also, what does Okouchi seem to do with the series he is involved in? I remember it being noted in the S and S thread how he seemed to write episodes that could fit a whole lot in without things appearing to rush, while episodes done by Yoshino seemed much slower paced and prone to sometimes unexplained events.

Did Taniguchi ever state how he felt about Colors by FLOW? I always felt that the opening was very well sychronized with that song.

Regarding Jeremiah again, is his cyborg form in any way a homage to Kazuma from s-CRY-ed? I noticed that the cyborg aspects of him looked quite similar to Kazuma's second alter form in many ways.

So they are only making models of the Lancelot and neglecting all the others? That's a crime. I love the designs for the Gawain and Guren.

Sorry for all the questions that sometimes seem random.

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-02-16 at 23:28.
Old 2008-02-19, 03:44   Link #475
hai_san

what the name of the "miko-girl" from kyoto? i forgot her name can't seem to remember...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 07:08   Link #476
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Do you mean Kaguya?
Old 2008-02-20, 02:57   Link #477
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Could someone list up the new Knight of Round characters, I forgot their names already.. lol
and name their mechs?
althought 2 names are known atm (if i am correct) a list would be usefull
Old 2008-02-20, 06:50   Link #478
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Knight of Three, Gino Weinburg. Pilots the Tristan

Knight of Six, Anya Earlstraim. Pilots the Mordred.

Knight of Nine, Nonette (can't remember her last name). Unknown what Knightmare she pilots.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-02-20, 07:27   Link #479
patnam

who pilots the Vincent?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 10:29   Link #480
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Knight of Nine, Nonette (can't remember her last name). Unknown what Knightmare she pilots.
is she the blonde with long hair

as for who pilots Vincent that is still unknown =3

Tags
q&a