AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 57 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-07, 17:18   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akane was bloody awesome in this episode. Shrugging off injuries like a boss and then knocking Makishima with the helmet. It was so satisfying to see the untouchable Makishima taken down by the girl he had deemed disappointing, and in such a silly looking way too (it totally got a laugh out of me). I also have to commend Akane for not giving in to revenge and instead doing the right thing.

The ending was disappointing. Sybil's true form is apparently so dreadful revealing it to the public would mean the end of the country. It's now just plain evil rather than morally ambiguous and can't be defended anymore. This spells the end of the debates I enjoyed reading so much.

As for what its true form could be... I guess it uses humans for processing power. Maybe that's why the chief wanted Makishima alive: it's people like him that power the system.

Kagari's death was very predictable so I don't have much to say on the matter. He was a character I could sympathize with. The Sybil system had been completely unfair to him so it was natural he hated it and the people who swore by it. Despite being labeled a latent criminal, he was actually a decent nice guy who never betrayed his friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The Chief at the end was unexpected, but it was already hinted earlier that she was a cyborg. Apparently she can overwrite Sybil's judgement, she forced the Dominator into lethal mode, so she has even higher priority than Sybil?
Actually, rather than a cyborg, I think she could be the/an avatar of Sybil itself. She struck me more as a robot than a cyborg.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:19   Link #22
Algent

Ho shit, I can't say I didn't saw it coming from the start when they split (and it was obvious that no latent criminal can be allowed to see Sybil and come back alive) but it's still .

About the Chief I'm just going to quote myself from ep 13:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
About the Commissioner at the end, she seem directly connected to the analysis system, it could mean a lot of things. Biggest probability is she is Cyber-Augmented, trolliest would be she is an Android Terminal of Sybil.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:26   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent
Ho shit, I can't say I didn't saw it coming from the start when they split (and it was obvious that no latent criminal can be allowed to see Sybil and come back alive) but it's still .

About the Chief I'm just going to quote myself from ep 13:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
About the Commissioner at the end, she seem directly connected to the analysis system, it could mean a lot of things. Biggest probability is she is Cyber-Augmented, trolliest would be she is an Android Terminal of Sybil.
If we take into some of the conversation from episode 15, the chief might be a representative of an alien species altogether. No, seriously the possibility exists. The next couple of episode should shed a lot of light.

Another point in this episode was the mixed messaging toward whether the Sibyl System is a world wide system or localized in a particular domain (country, nation, city etc.) on earth.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:39   Link #24
CJ_Walker

Im pretty sure she's the "avatar" of the sybil system.

The dialong of gu sung and the book references were a big clue.

that and she overwrote the dominator.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:51   Link #25
Key Board
Carbon

I had a feeling he would die first

but really, is the really going full Minority Report now?

I know it's inspired by that movie, but can't we have Sybil being a quantum computer instead of what they are implying to be a locked up mutant?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-02-07, 17:53   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Im pretty sure she's the "avatar" of the sybil system.

The dialong of gu sung and the book references were a big clue.

that and she overwrote the dominator.
I took the book references as the model for the society curved out by the Sibyl System rather than how the detail of this show is going to be. A lot of us are fan of Urobuchi for the very reason that he throws monkey ranches into a seemingly conventional story just for the heck of it. For example, we still don't know how this technology for the system came to be. Is it a human invention, or is it a borrowed one? Yes, I agree that she fits the role of an avatar for the technology, but who put her there? We still need an answer for who is the creator of this technology. The message may remain the same as were delivered in so many sci-fi medium, but the detail is in the devil, aka Urobuchi.

I still say, it's the aliens!

And I'm only saying it half-jokingly.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:51   Link #27
Arya

Very good episode. If I had to say the only thing I found a bit disappointing was Makishima being caught in that way. Felt a bit silly for his character. I mean, he should have known that Kougami wasn't alone. On the other hand Akane shined And not that I didn't get the irony.
About Sybil system I had the same thought of Kanon about humans. Well, precisely not whole humans, just their brains, arrays of certain human brains. I also agree that if that's the case all the ambiguity the system carried will be lost, for the better or worse. Given that Makishima got caught we need a final boss, don't we? Something like cyborgs vs. humans or whatnot.
Anyways Im' glad Makishima got caught now and not just killed (no way Akane would have killed him, btw) in the finale. Now it's interesting to see what they will do with him. I still have a slight hope he'll play John Doe's role from Seven.

Oh, I appreciated that Kougami failed for once with his deduction. I just played that part twice to make sure I didn't get it wrong.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:14   Link #28
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Akane and Kagari were incredibly boss in this episode. Kagari may hate this system that's oppressed him, but he's not gonna put up with any bullshit from these douchebags. (RIP Kagari )

Akane once again I think came off as being incredibly boss. What with ignoring the nail gun injury, and then even striking out pretentious super douche cause he got to enthralled in his homo lust kungfu battle! You can really tell Akane was ready to bash his head in, but she had the self control to realize that falling for petty vengeance wouldn't bring her friend back.

also, I'm gonna throw my support behind what a bunch of other people have hypothesized.

Sybll Green is PEEEEEOPLE!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Well. Guess we know the Sybill system is not only evil, but actively controls everything through EVIL TERMINATOR OFFICIALS!

The fact that Sybill can apparently manually decide to use eliminator mode on an Enforcer whose crime coefficient was only in the stun setting certainly does imply that this system is very selfaware...which sorta brings into question why it lacks the self awareness to recognize someone like Makishima as a dangerous criminal who should be put down. The only guess I can think of is that it recognizes someone like Makishima as potential BRAIN FOOD, so wants to prevent him from being captured...though if the system wanted him captured, you'd think they'd just have him stunned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Very good episode. If I had to say the only thing I found a bit disappointing was Makishima being caught in that way. Felt a bit silly for his character.
Makishima probably hasn't gotten into an *exciting* fight that pushed him in ages. He seemed to be awfully getting into finishing off Kougami. It doesn't seem improbable that a stimulation seeking guy like Makishima whose used to keeping his cool because of boredom might get blindsided.

...besides. If he suspected that it was only Akane backing Kougami up, based on his previous encounter with her he'd likely not consider her much of a threat.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:15   Link #29
Moni-chan
Roookie

This episode proved me that psycho-pass just keeps on getting cooler. we only have 7 episodes left but here's a question: WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE NEXT EPISODES??! i have no idea what gen wants to do now but my head is thinking up of a lot of scenarios that could happen. I ask this because now that makishima is caught, will we find out more about him apart from the obvious. I feel bad im thinking ahead already when i just finished whatching this one
Old 2013-02-07, 19:23   Link #30
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
She just hit a guy with a helmet, stop blowing it out of proportion.
She got one up on Makishima which no one was able to do yet, that's pretty awesome in my book.

So I guess that is the end of Kagari? I mean we didn't see the end exactly but I guess I don't have much hope for him. At least I enjoyed his final episode & he had a good end. I am really happy he didn't turn in the end. He wasn't a follower but true to himself.

And the section chief Oh my goodness.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:28   Link #31
blackwhite67
Banned

Well, let's see...

We got a pretty exciting cliffhanger so I'm guessing that the next episode will tell Kagari's back story.

Judging by the shock the Sybil system caused the two, the only thing I can think of is that the true face of the Sybil system is a little...fleshy.

Makishima has been arrested and Kagari's been killed by the Chief no less who's been revealed to be a robot. I'm guessing that Shinya will put his grudges aside and work with Makishima to bring Sybil down. The last episodes will probably be their victory over Sybil and their final battle against each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Akane and Kagari were incredibly boss in this episode. Kagari may hate this system that's oppressed him, but he's not gonna put up with any bullshit from these douchebags. (RIP Kagari )

Akane once again I think came off as being incredibly boss. What with ignoring the nail gun injury, and then even striking out pretentious super douche cause he got to enthralled in his homo lust kungfu battle! You can really tell Akane was ready to bash his head in, but she had the self control to realize that falling for petty vengeance wouldn't bring her friend back.

also, I'm gonna throw my support behind what a bunch of other people have hypothesized.

Sybll Green is PEEEEEOPLE!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Well. Guess we know the Sybill system is not only evil, but actively controls everything through EVIL TERMINATOR OFFICIALS!

The fact that Sybill can apparently manually decide to use eliminator mode on an Enforcer whose crime coefficient was only in the stun setting certainly does imply that this system is very selfaware...which sorta brings into question why it lacks the self awareness to recognize someone like Makishima as a dangerous criminal who should be put down. The only guess I can think of is that it recognizes someone like Makishima as potential BRAIN FOOD, so wants to prevent him from being captured...though if the system wanted him captured, you'd think they'd just have him stunned.

Makishima probably hasn't gotten into an *exciting* fight that pushed him in ages. He seemed to be awfully getting into finishing off Kougami. It doesn't seem improbable that a stimulation seeking guy like Makishima whose used to keeping his cool because of boredom might get blindsided.

...besides. If he suspected that it was only Akane backing Kougami up, based on his previous encounter with her he'd likely not consider her much of a threat.
Perhaps the Sybil system wants to study him in an effort to improve its ability to determine Crime Coefficients.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:40   Link #32
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Perhaps the Sybil system wants to study him in an effort to improve its ability to determine Crime Coefficients.
I really doubt it's anything that simple. Especially now it's almost certain that Sybll is powered by humans/human brains*. I'm strongly suspecting that these two plot threads are connected. Makishima being unusual neurologically by coincidence by this point would just be too much to accept.

*That's the only thing that could conceivably convince Choe that he could take down the system just by taking pictures of it. An EVIL looking computer by itself certainly wouldn't.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:02   Link #33
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I really doubt it's anything that simple. Especially now it's almost certain that Sybll is powered by humans/human brains*. I'm strongly suspecting that these two plot threads are connected. Makishima being unusual neurologically by coincidence by this point would just be too much to accept.

*That's the only thing that could conceivably convince Choe that he could take down the system just by taking pictures of it. An EVIL looking computer by itself certainly wouldn't.
I never said study his brain and his condition does not necessarily have to be neurological.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-02-07 at 20:19.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:08   Link #34
Dark Wing

There is still a part of me that hopes Kagari somehow managed to escape and is currently in hiding. After all someone needs to tell the rest of the team that all isn't as what it seems to be.

However the rest of my brain is telling me not to get my hopes up.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:08   Link #35
BoyTitan

I call major bs on Maki looseing as soon as kogami eye contact shifted I figured Maki would notice Akane and idk as piccolo from dbz abriged would say DDDDDOOOODDDDDDDDDDDGGGEEE. No really bs if he had time to slightly turn around when kogami shifted his field of vision he had time to dodge. And how is maki such a good fighter anyways one episode when they had him kill the 3 thugs it was just nope I am smart and can kill you all with my bare hands even tho I never shown to be skilled or train in any form of physical combat. Kogami constantly trains himself etc maki has never been shown to do anything. Fight scene could have been better Kogami really used something as useless as a attempted double chop to the neck really really ? I mean one could say kogami lost cause sybil probably banned most martial arts and studies of them etc but then kogami just took out 3 people who seemed to be skilled at fighting. Same for the unarmed Kagari being able to kill 3 people and the first person unarmed I just call shenanigans. Also Maki was shown to be stronger than Kogami when he almost broke his arm from a judo throw shame on Kogami for not knowing how to defend that use your hips noob and then if you are dumb enough to get caught in a judo throw break fall and go with the flow. But really it heard to get caught in a judo throw only time I got hit with one was in mma practice by my coach who is a black belt in it and it was only because i engaged the grappling and moved him into the fence with double under hook and he reversed my throw into a judo throw when I tried to take him down I quickly broke fall and then wall walked the cage to get the reversal into his guard. I did not try to psychically force my arm free like a jack ass and almost get my arm broken for being stupid.

Anyways aside from my rant on how crappy of a fighter kogami is I mean maki had several openings to finish him and I mean killed with his bare hands finish, and Like he said but in his own way ragged dolled kogami and was unsatisfied.

Anyways because of shenanigans ep gets a nine now either sybil will become the next big bad and the series continues, Or we find the out the grim truth about sybil it continues to rule and like most dystopian series we get the man that is one fd up world ending. Either will be good =).

Screw it ten cause the soccer kick was epic yay soccer kicks XD
Old 2013-02-07, 20:19   Link #36
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
There is still a part of me that hopes Kagari somehow managed to escape and is currently in hiding. After all someone needs to tell the rest of the team that all isn't as what it seems to be.

However the rest of my brain is telling me not to get my hopes up.
Don't man. You know what you saw. That Dominator was on Non-Lethal Paralyzer, but the robot overrided it and it transformed into Lethal Eliminator. You're just setting yourself up for a bigger fall.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:33   Link #37
justsomeguy

From what we've seen, the Sibyl System is unable to determine things like context or recognize violent images. If it's really made up of people or brains, they've got to be heavily drugged, lobotomized, or incredibly stupid. But if that's the case, then they're really not using living processors to their full potential.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2013-02-07, 20:34   Link #38
BoyTitan

Rewatched the fight is the last throw before the soccer kick even psychically possible kinda looks like psychics would not allow some one to get tossed like that.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:39   Link #39
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
psycho pass 16 that twist

gen is the man

the chief OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 2013-02-07, 21:08   Link #40
mistress_kisara

OMG, Kagari No!!! But Akane was fuckawesome bashing Makishima on the head and he's finally caught! And that was awesome hand to hand combat by Makishima and Kougami!
Closed Thread