AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-11, 14:00   Link #5821
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I want to confirm something, is Mist dispersal the decomposition Magic or is it gram demolition?
And if it's the decomposition magic, why did Tatsuya use such a classified magic in a mock battle? (unless there is some sort of mistranslation in the spoiler)
Mist Dispersal.
Old 2013-08-11, 14:18   Link #5822
waffler

it seems like in ninendo theres people who can block tatsuyas mist dispersal and have more ninja moves than tatsuya? doesnt make any sense at all!!!
Old 2013-08-11, 14:46   Link #5823
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
it seems like in ninendo theres people who can block tatsuyas mist dispersal and have more ninja moves than tatsuya? doesnt make any sense at all!!!
Don't be fooled devoted Tatsuya fans! The summary never said that Tatsuya lost and I can't believe that he would use his classified magic just like that when he stubbornly refused to use it during his match against Ichijou. Hold steady and believe until summaries are released.
Old 2013-08-11, 17:27   Link #5824
Flere821
Lurker

@ 'D7 spoilers': I've went trawling through my usual reliable sources of Mahouka info, and there's been no mention of this particular tidbit. Even then, I sincerely doubt Tatsuya would use 'Mist Dispersion' in a public match, considering leaking that out would be the equivalent of outing himself as the 'Mahavesra'(sp?) of Yokohama. While I wouldn't mind if this means the prelude of Tatsuya striking back at the Yotsuba will be starting soon, blatantly outing himself like so, it seems to be too early to go against Maya's wishes and would only bring down more trouble on himself and Miyuki as the Japan govt tries to protect control Tatsuya's movements

It's far more likely the spoilers meant 'Gram Demolition' or at most 'Gram Dispersion' (more advanced form of GD), basically the decomposition magic that only work on breaking down spells was used, and not the spell that works on any physical object (which is Mist Dispersion).
Old 2013-08-11, 17:37   Link #5825
bludvein

Gram Dispersion is off-limits too, because using that reveals his "eyes". He might be able to get away with it, but it still doesn't sound like something Tats would do for a meaningless fight with someone he should outclass. Gram Demolition isn't as fast, but it is more than enough for the job.
Old 2013-08-11, 17:46   Link #5826
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
The Engraving magic is just carving an activation sequence into an object so that magic can be activated, but it still requires a magician. The magatama stores a magic sequence, which basically creates a constant magical effect without the need for a magician. There's a huge difference.
Er, that's my exact understanding as well, that's why I was using that as an argument against what Rava was saying about Leo's sword and engraving magic. Were you addressing just my comment or both of ours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
This.

Those Chiba swords are actual swords. (He's not swinging a wire, he's swinging a super-thin plate.) I also haven't seen any point where Leo uses the sword for defense, only for offense, so even with the Psion inefficiency of Engraving magic, he only needs to be running the magic while he's swinging, not running it the entire time to keep a limp wire stiff (innuendo aside).
Okay -- so we have the same understanding about what a magic sequence is .. but I think you (or I) don't get how Leo's sword works. It clearly states in V7 -

- That it requires fortifying magic to solidify the flatness of the blade
- Before it turns into a blade it is simply a black membrane
- The longer the blade the greater the difficulty for Leo to sustain it
- The above indicates also that Leo must sustain the blade for it to be a blade

So, going back to the beginning of this discussion, while the membrane is extending and the activation sequence is being used to turn the membrane into a blade - couldn't someone use their interference strength to prevent Leo's magic? Or, if fast enough, someone could simply knock Leo out while he's trying to utilise his weapon? At the end of the day him activating his sword is still "Leo casting a spell" -> which we all know he's slow at compared to a Bloom.

As for the "spoilers" -- I don't believe that for a second! There's no way Tatsuya would expose himself. He went as far as to fake catching bullets to hide it!

Last edited by willx; 2013-08-11 at 18:03.
Old 2013-08-11, 18:00   Link #5827
waffler

phew hopefully that means that range zero dude cant actually block his mist dispersal with his magic thing and at most only blocks gram demolition which im ok with but im curious about the personality change thing i wonder how that happened
Old 2013-08-11, 18:14   Link #5828
blackwhite67
Banned

11.10 by Sashiko! Poor Honoka.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:27   Link #5829
NoLife222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
11.10 by Sashiko! Poor Honoka.
What about Honoka?
Old 2013-08-11, 19:30   Link #5830
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
What about Honoka?
Read it and find out. To my knowledge, there are two circumstances under which females exhibit superhuman strength. The first is when they lift fallen trees off their children. The second...is when they desperately attempt to hide their secrets from boys they like!
Old 2013-08-11, 19:46   Link #5831
Breimoon

i really lolled at the latest ch. But i feel a little sorry about Honoka. That must have been embarassing as hell.
Old 2013-08-11, 20:07   Link #5832
Chimurry

@Setsuna: the spoilers come from Jap forum, so far I think no one have ground to be certain to be accurate until someone get the magazine release, but seems legit, off course still too little info to get overheat about it cuz we dont known for sure whats is the context, I say maybe some Chinese forums readers can give us hints, but until comes is the only onfo we got, ahh, and some Miyuki scenes, adding it comes another SS with Mayumi as focus.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:27   Link #5833
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Tatsuya is even popular with robots. I feel bad for Honoka who always gets the short end of the stick, even her confession gets treated as a side story.

Last edited by babbo3d; 2013-08-11 at 22:39.
Old 2013-08-12, 00:40   Link #5834
Seitsuki
Onee!

Did I just hear Miyuki scenes?
Old 2013-08-12, 00:56   Link #5835
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Did I just hear Miyuki scenes?
Yeah!!, from @AprilS in Jcafe quoting Jap forums sites, something like Shes going realizing She is in love with Tats, but please understand still unconfirmed info.

So far this spoilers comes from @AprilS:
Spoiler for just new release from magazine:

Last edited by Chimurry; 2013-08-12 at 01:17.
Old 2013-08-12, 01:16   Link #5836
EvI

Spoiler for wow:
Old 2013-08-12, 01:16   Link #5837
jmaverf123

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Yeah!!, from @AprilS in Jcafe quoting Jap forums sites, something like Shes going realizing She is in love with Tats, but please understand still unconfirmed info.

So far this spoilers comes from @AprilS:
Spoiler for just new release from magazine:

So tatsuya won the mock battle? Edit : didn't saw that tatsuya won Haha xD

Last edited by jmaverf123; 2013-08-12 at 01:41.
Old 2013-08-12, 01:34   Link #5838
waffler

wtf?? tatsuya is helping tomitsuka become stronger? nooOOOooOOO
Old 2013-08-12, 04:48   Link #5839
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
[...]

Okay -- so we have the same understanding about what a magic sequence is .. but I think you (or I) don't get how Leo's sword works. It clearly states in V7 -

- That it requires fortifying magic to solidify the flatness of the blade
- Before it turns into a blade it is simply a black membrane
- The longer the blade the greater the difficulty for Leo to sustain it
- The above indicates also that Leo must sustain the blade for it to be a blade

So, going back to the beginning of this discussion, while the membrane is extending and the activation sequence is being used to turn the membrane into a blade - couldn't someone use their interference strength to prevent Leo's magic? Or, if fast enough, someone could simply knock Leo out while he's trying to utilise his weapon? At the end of the day him activating his sword is still "Leo casting a spell" -> which we all know he's slow at compared to a Bloom.
No, because I seriously doubt Morisaki's interference's strength is stronger than Miyuki's, and Leo had absolutely no problems activating and using his sword in Miyuki's interference field in the Yokohama incident.
Old 2013-08-12, 04:58   Link #5840
NoLife222

Baidu put some nice info on Double 7 last chapter.

Spoiler for Double 7 part 6 picture:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings