AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 19:53   Link #21
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So they're going to redo everything for the home release? Isn't that counter-productive, especially when 3-5 minute shorts are supposed to be made on the cheap anyway (see Morita-san and Chitose Get-chu)?

Also I think the designs aren't the problem. If they redo the designs, but don't do anything about the production quality (which is to say, looks very dated), then it STILL won't help.
Old 2013-04-23, 09:55   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm curious about what, exactly, the chain of events was that led to Sayuri working at the hotel. (Aside from "getting hired".) Though the series is just as much about everyones' reactions to her as it is to what she does. Like porting in an entire sakura tree just because.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 16:04   Link #23
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Episode 7 featured the retouched art style mentioned, thus officially starting season 2.

Right now, I think the old style was better, though this new style isn't bad either.

And did Satou just find a Love Interest in that construction worker? I wonder how this is going to continue.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:19   Link #24
broken270
Defying gravity

I was going to ask what happened to the art style, since it changed since the last few episodes, but the answer seemed to have been given. I wonder what the reason for that is.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:03   Link #25
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
I wonder what the reason for that is.
There are probably more reasons, but one of the most bandied about was the negative reaction to how the show looked like it was a refugee from the early-90's. This prompted an almost-immediate reply from the production (within 2 or so days of the first episode airing if I remember right) that everything will be redone for the DVDs with a different style -- the one you see from episode 7 onward.

The problem that I see this is it's kind of defeating the point to a short-run production like this, as redoing EVERYTHING just adds cost, and one of the reasons for 3-5 minutes shows is a reduction of that. Plus the quality of every episode after 7 seems to have suffered too.
Old 2013-06-05, 03:42   Link #26
Dop
Mmmm....

In this week the hotel appears to be hosting a convention, and some fans talk about Satou's hair...

There's meta, and then there's ironically meta.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote