AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 23:45   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:32   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I just want to say... I think I caught almost all of the anime thread regulars checking out the novel thread over the last few days, so I suspect that a large number of people have been spoiled on the ending. Nevertheless, please remember: absolutely no spoilers or hints for the novel in this thread. Those who break this rule will be judged most severely.

That aside, watching the episode now. Meruru opening! (more to come...)

Edit: The way they handled things is a bit confusing in terms of the timeline, but the episode started with the flashback to what happened before Episode 8 when Kyousuke came home hurt, and then (after a transition conversation with Manami) jumped forward to after the events of last episode 9 when Kyousuke and Kuroneko had broke up. Ayase was concerned that it was their fight that caused him to break up with Kuroneko, but after insisting that wasn't (which gets her really angry, since she thought he broke up for her sake) it she calls him to come help out a live show that Kanako is performing in. Turns out that this is a Meruru live show that Kirino really wanted to attend, but she's running late in her photo shoot and thinks she might miss it. Kyousuke borrows a Meruru-decorated bike and pedals across town to go pick her up at the photo shoot (much to Kirino's embarrassment), but she seems happy in the end that he went through the extra effort for her sake. They arrive at the concert late, and have to work through a crowd to get to their seat, so he grabs her hand and leads her.

I think I understand what they were trying to do here by putting the Meruru OP at the start, and then the ClairS OP at the end (since it was ClariS's performance happening in the concert), but it would have been nice to have some concert footage instead of just the regular OP at that point. That said, the Meruru OP was pretty funny as well. All in all, it was nice seeing Ayase's perspective on everything, and despite the timeline confusion, putting it together this way does help to see the connection between the events and the sort of "flow" of Ayase's thoughts. So in that sense, it's very good.

(Also it was hilarious that they kept "censoring" the Meruru bike tires as if they were somehow inappropriate. I think it's just to emphasize how embarrassing it is to the general public, so much that it needs to be censored. Edit: It was pointed out to me that that Meruru is actually naked, so that's why.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-08 at 15:01.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:41   Link #3
sleepingleo

Probably the last time I post something in this section but just to vent some frustration.

It was a nice and funny episode, Ayase and Kyousuke interactions were really funny too. I wonder if they couldn've have crammed the first 20 secs of this episode in the last one since it explains why Kyousuke was hurt at the beggining of ep 9.

But after, you know, -the stuff- (if this is cryptic enough to be considered not a spoiler) watching this episode feels so empty it's sad. Nevertheless by its own right it's no less than a good episode.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:23   Link #4
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Fun episode. Best part of the episode was when Kyousuke was going to pick Kirino up and the awkward situation that it causes with the bike he was riding. You really are something Kouki.

Anyway, my overall gripe with this episode was...

Spoiler for ...:

Seriously, when they got mentioned my hopes were high, but I got slapped in the face. Just goes to show that sometimes getting your hopes up can really wound the heart.

Quote:
Kanako: I sing better than ClariS.
Kanoko please, just shut the f**k up! Seriously.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:25   Link #5
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Episode was good, about what I expected from it. Kinda surprised they didn't put ClariS on stage at all, I can understand leaving out the dressing room interaction though lol. The last 3 TV run episodes should be pretty packed full of intrigue. I'm getting really antsy to just see the whole thing.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:26   Link #6
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Spoiler for ...:
Maybe they just didn't want to take part in the that anime
Old 2013-06-08, 13:29   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Maybe they just didn't want to take part in the that anime
/facepalm They already are taking part.

They ended with the ClariS OP, which is sort of the substitute for a concert scene. I do wonder, though, if this might be changed on the BD, but time will tell.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:31   Link #8
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Ok,that was a really great episode.Probably my second favourite episode in this season so far.I'm really happy that they didn't cut off anything important in this episode.^^
Old 2013-06-08, 13:32   Link #9
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

They ended with the ClariS OP, which is sort of the substitute for a concert scene. I do wonder, though, if this might be changed on the BD, but time will tell.
That is correct. However maybe they didn't want to take part in the scene, that was written in the light novel.
And of course they filled that with Ayase's footage.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:33   Link #10
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The namedropping was actually more awkward than I thought, especially since the "Meruru opening by ClariS" turned out to be the regular opening. They kinda also said it a lot, like...a LOT in one span.

Other than that, fun episode. Loved every bit of it, especially the banter between Kanako and Kyousuke. Bridget-chan is disgustingly cute as always too.

And lest we forget (which we can't), that is one amazing bike. He actually pedaled that thing from start to finish and back and got Kirino to the event with the damn training wheels still attached.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:39   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

I'm placing my hopes in the BD's, but it's better to have some glimmer of hope than none I suppose. But it's really weird that they couldn't put an insert song in considering that their second major album is getting released in a couple of weeks. With their strong history in Oreimo's involvement they could've used a sample song from their album to promote it and show involvement to in the episode to a satisfying extent.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:41   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I'm placing my hopes in the BD's, but it's really weird that they couldn't put an insert song in considering that their second major album is getting released in a couple of weeks. With there strong history in Oreimo's involvement they could've used a sample song to promote their album and show involvement to a satisfying extent.
Well, they already did a special song as the opening, so I think that was the sort of trade-off. I'm suspecting it was a time/budget issue for the animators: doing a special OP and a concert scene at the end (concert scenes can be a pain to animate) in addition to the full episode may be too much for the schedule. But yeah, maybe they can change it for the BD.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:51   Link #13
EroKing

Ayase seems to have fallen hard for Kyousuke too
Old 2013-06-08, 13:54   Link #14
Elgregos
Radical dreamer

Even the anime has gone full trolling mode now ?
Old 2013-06-08, 13:57   Link #15
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgregos View Post
Even the anime has gone full trolling mode now ?
In what way?
Old 2013-06-08, 14:02   Link #16
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ah, the Ayase stuff was fun.
Old 2013-06-08, 14:15   Link #17
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. Have to rate this episode lower than usual. Not b/c of the story, but more b/c they're going everywhere and clearly rushing and running out of money in budget
1a. Well, main gripe is probably the Ayase scene at the beginning. I don't know how anyone would know what's going on without reading the original work
2. Somewhere between Ayase route and Kirino route right now. Okay, little bit of Kanako but she never really has a chance anyway. At least there's the game "official" end...
Spoiler for LN Comparison:

4. Time to get a Ita-Chari similar to Mikagami's. Of course, can't guarantee that I won't get arrested

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-08 at 14:25. Reason: removed allusion to future content
Old 2013-06-08, 14:18   Link #18
Elgregos
Radical dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
In what way?
Ah, don't mind me, i'm just being spiteful towards the first part of the episode.

Spoiler for slight novel spoiler:

Last edited by Elgregos; 2013-06-08 at 14:32.
Old 2013-06-08, 14:25   Link #19
Kakurin
大佐

This episode did have the feeling of being rushed. Furthermore, it was a little bit disappointing that the ending was just the opening. Here something better could have been done. But as mentioned, perhaps budgeting or time reasons. Next part is already that Kyousuke living alone part. How fast we progress...

EDIT: Loved some of the expressions of our dear Kiririn-shi, especially when she looked at Kyousuke in that affectionate way.
Old 2013-06-08, 14:47   Link #20
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Well, they already did a special song as the opening, so I think that was the sort of trade-off. I'm suspecting it was a time/budget issue for the animators: doing a special OP and a concert scene at the end (concert scenes can be a pain to animate) in addition to the full episode may be too much for the schedule. But yeah, maybe they can change it for the BD.
I'm aware of that, but it was probably just my fandom and my expectations being a little too high. Some of the parts of the anime compared to the original content are a big chopped up, I wonder if that's what's taking up a part of the series episodic flow due to the fact some things have been left out of the "equation" just to add more screen time. Anyone who's read the OSM could understand this.

Sure there are the BD's but I'll approach this hopeful mindset with cautious optimism. Then again, with their second album around the corner, but a chance to promote the album with an insert could've been beneficial for them to their connection with the series itself.