AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 20:09   Link #1
tkdtiger

[Manga] Akatsuki Thread

I just wanted to know what everyone thought of Akatsuki right now. I think one of character I want to learn about is Zetsu. I mean what is up with his eyes...they remind me of a gold Byakugan...shoot pupils become slightly activated when he uses...I'm not sure though what it's ability is...does anyone know? By the looks of it if Gai and Kakashi's team are going to go after Akatsuki (I think is probable), I think it will be Neji vs Zetsu. Anyways there are other things I want to know about Akatsuki. If they want a Bijuu for each member what happens when the members dies?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:01   Link #2
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I just wanted to know what everyone thought of Akatsuki right now. I think one of character I want to learn about is Zetsu. I mean what is up with his eyes...they remind me of a gold Byakugan...shoot pupils become slightly activated when he uses...I'm not sure though what it's ability is...does anyone know? By the looks of it if Gai and Kakashi's team are going to go after Akatsuki (I think is probable), I think it will be Neji vs Zetsu. Anyways there are other things I want to know about Akatsuki. If they want a Bijuu for each member what happens when the members dies?

Zetsu's eyes do seem to have Byakugan-like abilities. He was able to locate and focus on Gai's team when they were far out of range of normal vision. Yeah, I think Neji might be a good match given Zetsu's ability to merge with trees and go underground (à la Oro in the Forest of Death). Byakugan might be the only way to locate him with accuracy during a fight.

As for what Akatsuki want with the bijuu, they do not want a bijuu for each member and they don't want to become jinchuuriki themselves. They basically want to use the bijuu to start war. Exactly how they will use and control them for this goal isn't explained. One member dies, the plan continues as normal.

So far, I've liked how Akatsuki has been handled. The characters' designs and their powers are really cool. Itachi, Kisame and Sasori in particular kick ass. The only character I didn't like was Hidan. His power was gimmicky and he really had no fighting style at all. He was also painfully dumb, how many times did he caught by the same jutsu? But all the rest have shown S-class worthy fighting (though Kakuzu was dumbed down for Naruto). There could've been more background or character development for the members that have been defeated, but I imagine that's all the focus is being saved for the AL. I do wonder why they haven't revealed anything about the blue-haired member yet. You can't even speculate. What's so special about him/her?

Oh, and yeah . I do believe there's a good chance that Tobi is Obito. There's just too many coincidences..
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:13   Link #3
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Zetsu's eyes do seem to have Byakugan-like abilities. He was able to locate and focus on Gai's team when they were far out of range of normal vision. Yeah, I think Neji might be a good match given Zetsu's ability to merge with trees and go underground (à la Oro in the Forest of Death). Byakugan might be the only way to locate him with accuracy during a fight.
since everyone a lot of people in akatsuki are some kind of traitor, maybe zetsu was a traitor to hyugga clan....

Quote:
Oh, and yeah . I do believe there's a good chance that Tobi is Obito. There's just too many coincidences..
\

that is just kishimoto playing with our minds

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:19   Link #4
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
since everyone a lot of people in akatsuki are some kind of traitor, maybe zetsu was a traitor to hyugga clan....
His eye's are gold though right? Then again he appears to be two different colors...he's definately seems to be a character with alot of abilities. One theory I once read was that he may eat the people to gain their abilities and that he ate Hizashi's head so he could get Byakugan...that's a theory I once read, but I'm not sure how probable that is...
Old 2007-04-19, 21:23   Link #5
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
His eye's are gold though right? Then again he appears to be two different colors...he's definately seems to be a character with alot of abilities. One theory I once read was that he may eat the people to gain their abilities and that he ate Hizashi's head so he could get Byakugan...that's a theory I once read, but I'm not sure how probable that is...
Zetsu is from the hidden grass village so how did he possibly get his hands on Hizashi's head?

Even if that were true the seal would prevent him from aquiring byakugan.
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:30   Link #6
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangekyo View Post
Zetsu is from the hidden grass village so how did he possibly get his hands on Hizashi's head?

Even if that were true the seal would prevent him from aquiring byakugan.
I didn't think it was likely either. I read that in another forum and thought it was interesting though. As for the seal...I suppose a person can find away around a seal or even break the seal...Like I said I didn't think this was so...the aspect that I thought was interesting though was the notion that the reason Zetsu was also eating people was to gain some of their talents...I think that would be an interesting twist...Do you think this might be a possibility?
Old 2007-04-20, 08:37   Link #7
xcad

possible. does zetsu have a partner? i was thinking the flower head person is his partner.
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:28   Link #8
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Thats impossible hyuuga clan is hidden leaf, zetsu is from hidden grass. As for his partner i dont think he has one if you remember the naurto/sasuke fight in the valley of the end he was alone.
Old 2007-04-20, 09:40   Link #9
Power16

I kind of like the idea of Zetsu eating people to gain their ability that would be pretty cool and will probably make him high up the chain of power in akatsuki. I vaguely remember him talking to himself so in a way he is his own partner and i wonder if he has any other subordinate to take the place of the dead members. He is the only one who can save Hidan right now but i hope he eats him and now has the immortality power. Naruto is definitely getting good so many different things can happen, ah what a joy.
Power16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:52   Link #10
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power16 View Post
I kind of like the idea of Zetsu eating people to gain their ability that would be pretty cool
that wouldn't be too original, kukuzu kinda did that

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:53   Link #11
Rahan

Well, Zetsu only did recon and delivery missions, which he can do best alone.
If he was sent in a mission involving fighting, he might be paired with the woman.

Or maybe the girl is as annoying as Sakura / Ino / Karin and when Oro's left (which messed up the pairing and forced a member to work alone), she refused to leave AL after the teams were reformed and creepy Zetsu got no love from the others and ended up alone.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:04   Link #12
Power16

True That! I was just trying to think of the best way for him to be super powerful. We could on with this guessing game but it's the waiting game that i can't stand, i need some akatsuki battle soon. Sasuke find your bro and do your thing.
Power16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 14:16   Link #13
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power16 View Post
True That! I was just trying to think of the best way for him to be super powerful. We could on with this guessing game but it's the waiting game that i can't stand, i need some akatsuki battle soon. Sasuke find your bro and do your thing.
I agree...there are so many questions I have about akatsuki...shoot I don't even think Itachi's the most interesting Akatsuki member any more...The one I'm interested in the most is Zetsu in terms of characters we've seen so far. I wonder what the female akatsuki member does...think it has to do with flowers?

That and Obitio he's an interesting fella
Old 2007-04-20, 22:57   Link #14
Ryuujin

Quote:
The only character I didn't like was Hidan. His power was gimmicky and he really had no fighting style at all. He was also painfully dumb, how many times did he caught by the same jutsu?
Hidan is like the Pokemon Wobbuffet*: not really that good on paper, but a gigantic pain in the ass if you're not prepared for it...

*Wobbuffet, for those unfamiliar with Pokemon, is a Pokemon with decent defenses, a purely reactionary offense (Counter and Mirror Coat return damage dealt to the user back at the attacker twofold), and one of the most annoying abilities in the game (prevents the opponent from switching their Pokemon)

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 02:41   Link #15
xcad

lol a wobbuffet.. kazuku eat ppl's hearts. zetsu eats them whole. wow... bloodthirsty members.
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 06:59   Link #16
Nitherius

in the manga where do you see Obito for the first time , any1 knows? thnx
Nitherius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:35   Link #17
Rahan

Obito is first seen in the Sandaime flashbacks (chapter 122)
He is active for the first time in the first chapter of Kakashi Gaiden (chapter 239)

Since it's an Akatsuki thread, you might mean Tobi, who appears for the first time in chapter 280.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-04-21 at 08:50. Reason: wrong chapter
Old 2007-04-21, 08:30   Link #18
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Obito is first seen in the Sandaime flashbacks (chapter 123)
What did Obito in that flashback? I don't remember him being in the manga before Gaiden.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 08:59   Link #19
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
What did Obito in that flashback? I don't remember him being in the manga before Gaiden.
I never said he did something before KG.
When Sandaime remembers the different generations of Konoha, there is a panel with Team Yondaime.
It's the first time we see Obito, so it is the correct answer to Nitherius's question, but it's probably not what he wanted.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:00   Link #20
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I never said he did something before KG.
When Sandaime remembers the different generations of Konoha, there is a panel with Team Yondaime.
It's the first time we see Obito, so it is the correct answer to Nitherius's question, but it's probably not what he wanted.
Ah ok... I missunderstood you.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote