AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 22:34   Link #481
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
I'm not upset, it's just that I suddenly know the outcome of that ending. I can't explain to you why.

Let's just hope that I'm wrong about my theoretic outcome.
Well I hope that you are right! I like your theory, and if that does indeed happen we have a much better chance of seeing a second season.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 22:50   Link #482
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I don't understand why so many people enjoy the 'to be continued' endings. There are tons of shows whose animators did that in hopes of pressuring the studio into continueing the series just to end up with an incomplete product. I would be far happier seeing a complete series with a makeshift ending than to see a 'to be continued...' without a continuation. As a general rule, series that go more than one season started as series that go for more than one season. Midori on the other hand was contracted as a series that goes only half a season. There's a very major difference there. Besides, any continuation of a series as hokey as MnH would virtually be destined to fall into cliche territory, just like the manga. You should be happy it ends before anyone has a chance to get tired of it.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 13:55   Link #483
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Besides, any continuation of a series as hokey as MnH would virtually be destined to fall into cliche territory, just like the manga. You should be happy it ends before anyone has a chance to get tired of it.
I thought that the anime is already pretty cliched. I am not looking forward to the final episode, though, since

Spoiler:

I like Ayase who has, IMHO, grown up more in the series, and don't want to see her hurt if DarcLion XVI's idea comes true. Just don't let the last episode go weird - read: take the easy way out - for Ayase. Please.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:50   Link #484
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

NOOOO I accidentally clicked the spoiler tag!!! Damnit that's twice I've been majorly spoiled for Midori no Hibi *cries*
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 19:08   Link #485
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Roots: Thats why I avoid reading this thread

Well it seems like Midori no hibi is going to end in about 2 weeks (13 episodes) and I gotta say this has been a nice break from all those killing and gore for me. One question I have is does the manga progress on further than the anime?
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 19:13   Link #486
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

The anime doesn't follow the manga. So they're basically two entirely seperate entities with the same characters and a few over-lapping events.
Old 2004-06-19, 19:16   Link #487
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Well the last ep is called the day of two people, so I assume Midori would go back to her body and maybe they will meet in some sort of cliche way at the train station or something.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 21:06   Link #488
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
NOOOO I accidentally clicked the spoiler tag!!! Damnit that's twice I've been majorly spoiled for Midori no Hibi *cries*
Sorry about that, Roots. I'd like to watch this episode again, though, since I missed virtually

Spoiler:

That's [likely to be] important, and I can't understand what she said!

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 13:59   Link #489
Omniscient

Just saw the raw.
Spoiler:

Next episode should be interesting to say the very least. Too bad I won't be able to see it for 6 weeks (going on vacation to a remote place).
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 16:13   Link #490
Rias

I wouldn't mind if the last epsiode it would be similar like in the manga when Midori went back to her body...then they can plan another season!

Pretty unlikely since
Spoiler:

...it would be intresting to see how it turns out
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 04:35   Link #491
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I know the chance is pretty slim, but I still want to see Seiji and Ayase to get together, especially after
Spoiler:
It's really a heart-warming scene
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 08:14   Link #492
Late
Peelo

Just saw episode 12 and it was good, a little sad but good. I felt sorry for Midori.
Well, one episode to go. Then I will have to look for another good show to watch.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 10:19   Link #493
Chicken

But if you look at midori.. her face is like totally blank.. I really feel sorry for midori....
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 11:34   Link #494
alnorth

Well, I just saw episode 12, and this series is definitely, 100% guaranteed over, no sequels, no 2nd season. The only way a new series could happen is if they did a total re-make, starting over from the beginning, but that's extremely rare. It was a good episode, a good series, I look forward to #13, but it was too brief.
alnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 11:36   Link #495
sorcererx

At first I felt sorry for Midori, but now I am not so inclined to feel for her. If she can tell Seiji she loves him when she is his right hand. WHy not when she isn't? I am cheering for Ayase even though anime never turns out that way.

latah
sorcererx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 12:04   Link #496
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

How can anyone feel sorry for Midori? Midori having to sit through Seiji and Ayase's hot sex life would literally be just like a parasite being told that they aren't wanted. Do you set off a little nest for the flees on your dog's back? Hell no, you rip then off and squish them between your fingers until you can't see them anymore. I don't see how anyone could fall in love with someone that forcibly shackles themselves to you. Especially not someone with such a repulsively sappy personality.
Old 2004-06-21, 12:11   Link #497
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Question, snoop:

Spoiler:
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 12:33   Link #498
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
Question, snoop:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for the above question:
Old 2004-06-21, 12:50   Link #499
onizukaPwns
smiles with big mouth!

does this series end episode 13?
cuz im kinda sad it ends so fast...
onizukaPwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 15:48   Link #500
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth
Well, I just saw episode 12, and this series is definitely, 100% guaranteed over, no sequels, no 2nd season. The only way a new series could happen is if they did a total re-make, starting over from the beginning, but that's extremely rare. It was a good episode, a good series, I look forward to #13, but it was too brief.
Spoiler:

and yes it is WAY too brief, i'm kinda pissed they didn't even show about 1/3 of the characters (the docter, his daughter, Nancy, etc.) and some of the events that would have been really interesting if animated (Kouta, for instance, has some hilarious adventures)

however, the anime will be over and done with if they end this scenario differently than the manga did, if they end it the way they concluded it in the manga, then it would open up for a second season
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote