AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-01, 03:24   Link #21
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

I personally do not like Communism very much. But, being a Hong Konger and indeed a Chinese, i like my country. It's actually sad to see Taiwan rejecting us so many times. I was born in HK before 1997 so i know how that feels......if China take over. I believe Taiwan and China need to communicate more on this and perhaps, one day we can be reunited, one way or the other. And i don't like resorting to forces.
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 06:55   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They had a huge military parade showing off their "indigenous military hardware". All I see are reversed engineered BMPs and SAM systems mounted on trucks. While such a display presents a really credible military force, how much of that is REALLY indigenous?

China has a history of plagarism on almost everything, even foreign software (they made it a point that it is compulsory to share corporate technology, even secret ones) with China so as to bolster their technological capability, and combined with their manufacturing capacity, create a trade monopoly in the computer world. Hopefully by today, they would have realise that they are treading on the initial steps of their greedy ancestors that brought 5000 years of ancient history to near destruction.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 11:13   Link #23
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, at least they can be bothered to copy the technology correctly today. Back in the bad old days of the 19th century, they either reject technology completely or have half-baked ideas on how to do it.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:56   Link #24
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
啊?我这儿还是30号呢。

还是得祝中华人民共和国60岁生日快乐吧。我对共产党不是没意见,可是最后还算是我的祖国。
Truth and never more well said. There is always some fail troll about Chinese politics but it is a country I will hold pride in no matter what. It has came far, from what it used to be.
Old 2009-10-01, 19:14   Link #25
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
I personally do not like Communism very much. But, being a Hong Konger and indeed a Chinese, i like my country. It's actually sad to see Taiwan rejecting us so many times. I was born in HK before 1997 so i know how that feels......if China take over. I believe Taiwan and China need to communicate more on this and perhaps, one day we can be reunited, one way or the other. And i don't like resorting to forces.
yes I agree. China needs to change (become less oppressive), but Taiwan should never lose of sight of rejoining the mainland someday.

Quote:
5000 years of "civilization", 60 years of monstrosity. Tell that to the native Taiwanese Aboriginies. I'm sure they'll give a damn about being a part of your gigantic Communist mommy.
What is it with you and not liking anything about China? Taiwan has been Chinese for a long time now. It's not a communist thing.

Quote:
I am sorry. People's Republic of China is what we call China. Taiwan is a part of China. Technically Taiwan is just an island controlled by some corrupt party. I am not being politically incorrect. I believe in One China.
那为什么把“十月一号”认为是中国的“生日”呢?中国的历史太长了;不可能随便把这一天说成是中国真正出生 的天。“十月一号”显然指呢代表中共。

-因为我是国外生的,对不起中文不地道。

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2009-10-01 at 23:32.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 20:06   Link #26
lfk
everything is con-able

Send a message via MSN to lfk
刚注册....第一个帖子就献给这了.....还是中文的.....
lfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 21:48   Link #27
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Happy 60th anniversary China. I can't help but say I wish I was at Hong Kong with some of my relatives right now.

Change will come soon I hope, change can only come with education however.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 22:36   Link #28
nosyws040

Long Live Mother China!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfk View Post
刚注册....第一个帖子就献给这了.....还是中文的.....
welcome the head of BUAA
Old 2009-10-01, 23:37   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Happy 60th Anniversary~

And I shall orz on the floor over my now-poor Chinese that rotted away from my mind...
Ah~... I'm sorry, my ancestors...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:15   Link #30
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
They had a huge military parade showing off their "indigenous military hardware". All I see are reversed engineered BMPs and SAM systems mounted on trucks. While such a display presents a really credible military force, how much of that is REALLY indigenous?

China has a history of plagarism on almost everything, even foreign software (they made it a point that it is compulsory to share corporate technology, even secret ones) with China so as to bolster their technological capability, and combined with their manufacturing capacity, create a trade monopoly in the computer world. Hopefully by today, they would have realise that they are treading on the initial steps of their greedy ancestors that brought 5000 years of ancient history to near destruction.
True. What you said is so ruddy true that even we as Chinese are pained to see so much plagarism. BUT, as at first no one offered help to us (those US gang boycotting China) so we had to start with something. We try and try to not copy other's things but results are hard to see. Take our "weapons" you see at our parade. You might think they are cheap copycats, but not really, no. They are either OEM design built locally or locally designed and built. It is an advance in technological achieve in China, though not the greatest, but still great. I admit there is lots to do about people resorting to copying everytime they wanted something, but we need time. Oh, and I must remind you that China can't really create A TRADE MONOPOLY IN THE COMPUTING WORLD. Oh hell no. We can't even create a decent CPU. And Microsoft is not a Chinese company. Oh, and AMD, and all those high tech computing companies you can lay your fingers on. We have a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:58   Link #31
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I suggest people learn the difference between discussing the anniversary day of a nation and using the thread to disrupt said discussion because of cultural disagreement.

If you want to discuss China in a manner unrelated to their day of anniversary, I'm sure we've got a thread around here for that. Keep it civil.
Old 2009-10-02, 17:07   Link #32
lfk
everything is con-able

Send a message via MSN to lfk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyws040 View Post
Long Live Mother China!

welcome the head of BUAA
aha?....who are you?...how do you know that i'm from BUAA....
Old 2009-10-02, 19:59   Link #33
Nerroth
NePoi!

Speaking of Taiwan, it won't be long until Double Ten Day - which marks the beginning of the Wuchang Uprising of 1911.

The event, part of the Xinhai Revolution which swept away the Qing Dynasty and led to the advent of republicanism in China (ironically, at a time when Taiwan itself was under Japanese rule) might be worth noting, on both sides of the Straits.
Old 2009-10-02, 22:23   Link #34
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I suggest people learn the difference between discussing the anniversary day of a nation and using the thread to disrupt said discussion because of cultural disagreement.

If you want to discuss China in a manner unrelated to their day of anniversary, I'm sure we've got a thread around here for that. Keep it civil.
Sorry. I should have used the PM system.

Anyway, what do you guys think about those tanks at the parade? When do you think America, India, Japan and almost every developed country take out their " China threat theory" and throw it at China???

Actually I would like to make a point here. China does not do invasions. We don't like wars, and we only fight when somebody attacks us. (just like when the Indians occupied some of our border land. We fought, won but retreated 20 km back the front line to signal that we do no wish to continue fighting)
Old 2009-10-02, 22:32   Link #35
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think the parade was actually kinda ridiculous. I heard that practically all of Beijing was shut down by security, which numbered more than the actual viewers of the parade. Also I think it was kinda funny that they gave their troops all-red uniforms and painted the tanks and missile launchers blue (well blue was interesting but the red was just stupid).

It's annoying how people always talk about how the Chinese just copy other people's (russia's) military equipment. the USSR and USA already had the best stuff by the middle of the Cold War, so there was no point in wasting money to make original designs. Even the Europeans, who do design most of their own units, have tanks and planes that look very similar to American counterparts. Being close to Russia, it's only natural that Chinese forces take after the Russians.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:29   Link #36
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I think the parade was actually kinda ridiculous. I heard that practically all of Beijing was shut down by security, which numbered more than the actual viewers of the parade. Also I think it was kinda funny that they gave their troops all-red uniforms and painted the tanks and missile launchers blue (well blue was interesting but the red was just stupid).

It's annoying how people always talk about how the Chinese just copy other people's (russia's) military equipment. the USSR and USA already had the best stuff by the middle of the Cold War, so there was no point in wasting money to make original designs. Even the Europeans, who do design most of their own units, have tanks and planes that look very similar to American counterparts. Being close to Russia, it's only natural that Chinese forces take after the Russians.
All red uniforms??? um which part was it?? i though all wore green/white/blue uniform except for the lovely girls (XD) who wore pink.

Yes. Russia is a good source of ideas, and it is natural to seek help from less hostile countries (better than USA for a start)
Old 2009-10-03, 23:03   Link #37
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
I am sorry. People's Republic of China is what we call China. Taiwan is a part of China. Technically Taiwan is just an island controlled by some corrupt party. Taiwan is a part of China. I am not being politically incorrect. I believe in One China.
I would argue against this statement based on my knowledge.

Frankly, it seems that some Chinese people go around telling other Asian people that "you are part of China." Seriously, you should stop this - it's disrespectful to non-Chinese.
(I experienced it myself; whenever I heard that from some Chinese people, I told them that they had misguided History knowledge).

Second: Ask the Taiwanese, who would feel humiliated when someone mistakes them for Chinese or says that Taiwan "is part of" China.

Quote:
Taiwan has been Chinese for a long time now.
Is Taiwan part of China?
The answer is a loud and clear NO.
Taiwan has never been legally transferred to Chinese sovereignty following World War II. This is an incontrovertable historical fact.
These countries have:

1- Different travel visas.
2- Different Passports
3- The Olympics: 2 countries... 2 different names
4- Both countries have their own federal capitals.
5- National Sovereignty: Chinese planes, ships or submarines cannot come into Taiwan's waters or airspace without permission.
6- Different currencies.
7- Last but not least: The history. In the past, many people fled to Taiwan to escape the communist rule.
Nowadays, the Taiwanese enjoy the same freedom found in western countries like Canada, the USA or Australia. People can debate policies, vote, protest and write to newspapers or online to express their views even about the most controversial issues.
The Chinese people live in a repressed society where even the most basic human rights are deprived. I'm not echoing mainstream western media here: people in China can't get access to popular sites like Facebook, Youtube, American news websites, and can't speak a word about Tiananmen Square massacre.

Quote:
It's actually sad to see Taiwan rejecting us so many times. I was born in HK before 1997 so i know how that feels......if China take over. I believe Taiwan and China need to communicate more on this and perhaps, one day we can be reunited, one way or the other. And i don't like resorting to forces.
You need to know the REASON they reject China, and ask yourself this question: has that barrier been overcomed?
It's great that you find something to relate to the Taiwanese, but the resolution is NOT to try to take over the other by military or mental manipulation but acknowledge and respect each other's sovereignty as a nation.

PS: if you want more discussion on this, take it to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...449&topic=4151

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-10-04 at 00:29.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 07:12   Link #38
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
There's something weird about this thread.

I use Anti Malwarebytes (full edition) and every time I visit this this thread, a pop-up shows up on the lower right of the screen...

"Anti-Malware Bytes has successfully blocked access to malicious IP: 74.54.82.41"

Each time you put the name China on something in the West there is a climate of paranoia :heh

I don't know why someone would hijacked this thread and I can clearly say to you that China has not its eyes set on Animesuki AT ALL

Oh and excuse me for my english it's been a long time since I used it.
Seifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 08:38   Link #39
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
I would argue against this statement based on my knowledge.

Frankly, it seems that some Chinese people go around telling other Asian people that "you are part of China." Seriously, you should stop this - it's disrespectful to non-Chinese.
(I experienced it myself; whenever I heard that from some Chinese people, I told them that they had misguided History knowledge).

Second: Ask the Taiwanese, who would feel humiliated when someone mistakes them for Chinese or says that Taiwan "is part of" China.

Is Taiwan part of China?
The answer is a loud and clear NO.
Taiwan has never been legally transferred to Chinese sovereignty following World War II. This is an incontrovertable historical fact.
These countries have:

1- Different travel visas.
2- Different Passports
3- The Olympics: 2 countries... 2 different names
4- Both countries have their own federal capitals.
5- National Sovereignty: Chinese planes, ships or submarines cannot come into Taiwan's waters or airspace without permission.
6- Different currencies.
7- Last but not least: The history. In the past, many people fled to Taiwan to escape the communist rule.
Nowadays, the Taiwanese enjoy the same freedom found in western countries like Canada, the USA or Australia. People can debate policies, vote, protest and write to newspapers or online to express their views even about the most controversial issues.
The Chinese people live in a repressed society where even the most basic human rights are deprived. I'm not echoing mainstream western media here: people in China can't get access to popular sites like Facebook, Youtube, American news websites, and can't speak a word about Tiananmen Square massacre.

You need to know the REASON they reject China, and ask yourself this question: has that barrier been overcomed?
It's great that you find something to relate to the Taiwanese, but the resolution is NOT to try to take over the other by military or mental manipulation but acknowledge and respect each other's sovereignty as a nation.

PS: if you want more discussion on this, take it to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...449&topic=4151
What we are dealing with here is a tricky problem. I know very well why Taiwanese do not like mainland China, coz i once didn't like them as well. However, there is no doubt Taiwan at least has a great part of its population which originated from the mainland. Those differences you listed is what the Taiwanese is doing to set themselves apart from China. In fact, i would really like to stop of this subject since that Philippine guy exhausted me. I am in no mood to talk about politics now haha. Anyways, Long Live China.

Yes. There are many hostile view towards China, most are quite unfounded. I guess it takes time.
Old 2009-10-04, 12:50   Link #40
LeoXiao
思想工作

There is a IS a political difference between the mainland and Taiwan, but Taiwan as a true nation-state does not exist, since the people there almost all Chinese. That's why they're called the Republic of CHINA, not Taiwan.

The reason why other Asians reject Mainland China is obvious: The CCP controls it, and nobody wants to have anything to do with a totalitarian regime that has no hesitation to murder and imprison people in gulags just because of what they believe or say. However many Chinese don't get this and think that everyone is being anti-China, when the real, political problem is the CCP. This is because the CCP presents itself as "china" while in fact it cannot truly represent it.

In fact, I have not heard much anti-China sentiment in the USA; and while I feel that most Americans do not understand China or its history and culture, they definitely are not against China; in fact, most Americans acknowledge that China supports our economy and allows us to buy inexpensive products. We surely do not see China the way we saw the USSR.
I don't get what is going on about all this "anti-China" bullcrap; whenever anyone even mentions human rights, someone will start raving about how you're being "anti-China." It's ridiculous.