AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 00:11   Link #2381
Shadow Kira01

Alleged Palin-Autographed 360 Back on eBay

Quote:
The PayPal, you see, she could not handle a payment of $1.1 million. That's why this Xbox 360 said to be autographed by Bayonetta Alaska's ex-governor was pulled from eBay. Not because eBay items at this price are usually b.s.
Who would want to buy a X360 with a huge scribble on it!?

Korean Internet Person Redesigns Super Street Fighter IV's Juri

Quote:
"Based on your opinions I removed the double pony tails, made the eyes less sharp, and added TaeKwonDo uniform," the ThisIsGame.com post reads. "This certainly is Koreanisque, but it is too plain; I think it is actually bad for a game character's rendering."
The removal of the double pony tails actually makes Juri look better but the Taekwondo outfit also makes Juri looks like a generic character and that isn't good as that she is one of the new characters to the series.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 04:38   Link #2382
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'd rather have my Xbox autographed by Putin.

Oh, and that translated page you linked to on Juri severly lacks the sarcasm that was present in the original post.
The original artist basically joked how if you made her look like how you guys are asking, look how boring she'd be.
The reactions from SK users on that board was mostly LOL and ROFL equivalents.
Old 2009-10-04, 07:05   Link #2383
Shay
Monarch Programmer

http://www.dangermouse.net/wolfe/resurrection.html
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 08:18   Link #2384
Seifall

my favorite sentences :

This service allows you to live a full life if you are not too concerned with appearing normal

If you die again within 10 months

Horrifically mangled limbs, viscera-exposing lacerations, or other disfigurements will not affect your ability to function as a living being

This is just crazy, people aren't ashamed of anything nowadays,it's scary
Seifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 20:38   Link #2385
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/251...e+Society.html

The guys at 2ch have got some of the points quite right while others sound a little...

It appears that there are another 2500+ comments elsewhere!?

Personally, I think the issue of declining birth rates and an increase of the elderly population obviously has nothing to do with manga and games because marriage is not that simple. In ancient times, people would argue that marriage is the fruit of love but this is no longer the case as that finance has a huge role to marriage. If you are not good-looking and aren't very wealthy either, your chances are pretty much down the sink.

Spoiler for wall of text:
I have to agree with you that it's certainly not anime and manga causing it. I dont' even see why anyone would think that. I mean what's the percentage of adult japanese males that could be considered anime otaku? I highly doubt it's anywhere near high enough to have an impact on population like that. Also, we see the same population declines among the native populations of nearly every affluent nation. As less affluent nations become more affluent, we're seeing a drop off of birthrates there too. I think it's caused by a refocusing of human activities from giving birth to the next generation, to simply trying to pay the bills. In short, modern society is not working well. People are becoming more and more isolated from each other, and the next generation grows smaller and smaller. What we need to do is figure out how to balance modern lifestyles with raising a family and being happy. Either that or start churning out clones to form the next generation. Either way.
Old 2009-10-05, 00:35   Link #2386
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. I'd wait until population drops off to one billion to really worry.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:01   Link #2387
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Personally, I think the issue of declining birth rates and an increase of the elderly population obviously has nothing to do with manga and games because marriage is not that simple. In ancient times, people would argue that marriage is the fruit of love but this is no longer the case as that finance has a huge role to marriage. If you are not good-looking and aren't very wealthy either, your chances are pretty much down the sink.

Spoiler for wall of text:
Oh my god, what did i just read.

It felt as if you're pointing your fingers at girls. As if all these problems happen because of women. I disagree. Because men who have no sense of responsibilities exist (like not doing any efforts at school, then complaining they don't have a good job, then complaining no girls want a loser), and I don't talk about one or two. And from what I read, there are more men who are unfaithful (at least here) than the opposite. So give me a break, all women are not like that. Actually I don't think most women are like what you decsribed here in France.

I hate how you talk about women, as if all of use were wanting a brad pitt with 1 billion in bank, as if those two things were "love" for us. To me, it feels like you don't know a lot of couples, or even a lot of girls. Or maybe the people in your country are like that, but don't generalize to every country, thanks.

From the studies that were made here, from the debates I watched, and from what I see around me ; it's not like what you described for most.

Firstly, in France, nowadays people tend to marry around 28-30 in average. And as said in many studies, it's because they are aware that they need money before starting a family (among other things, and even if in France there is a Family Allowance). So after having finished their studies, they work hard during a few years before making a baby, and marrying each other. Because most of the French (girls or boys) are not rich (nor even Top models), you know. Actually, if what you said was true, there will not be a lot of births per year here. Which is false, since we have one of the highest birth rate per woman in all europe (2.00 per woman in her life).

When a couple make a baby ealier in life, beside the "accidents", it's often because the guy or the girl found a good job well paid. I don't see what's wrong with it. They are actually lucky. On the other side, if most people do babies later and later in life, given the studies, it's mostly because of three things :

- They are aware that they need money for the kids. (in an INSEE study, IIRC, they said making babies is highly related to marriage. A lot of people feel the need to marry each other when they plan to make a baby, or when they already have one).
- It's because most women want to at least finish their studies before making a baby. In case of that they'll have to live by themselves. That's the evolution of the woman status. A lot of women want to gain money by themselves instead of relying on men, or want to be have diploma if they'll have to work (for example, if the couple divorce). Equality.
- There are more and more people who are close to being poor, and since they now use their brain a bit, a lot of people want to avoid to make a baby while they don't have the money to give him a good life.

So, sense of responsibilities + nowadays rising poverty + women who want to make good studies are imo (and for experts I saw on the TV) the main reason of why people marry and make babies later in life.

I'll also add that in France, you can see men choosing to take care of their children instead of the women. While the wife works, the husband stays at home. I think it's a great thing that now it is not seen as a rules that it has to be the woman job. Also, there are couple who continue to work while having children. While I don't really agree with that because they rely on babysitters and nurses, it doesn't mean the kids will become all bad people. At worse, they will just never share a lot of things with their parents.

So, what i see here is nowhere near as close as what you describe (good guys everywhere who try hard to please the evil women who just want their brad pitt and money.). And if anything, about look, and I think it's true for boys AND girls, they could take care of themselves a bit more. It's easy to state a "I am ugly, and so no one wants me" when the person doesn't do any effort. A lot of people would look decent if they do a bit of effort like going running a bit everyday. Yeah look counts in the case that most people (women and men) don't want, for example, to date an ultra fat person who doesn't take care of his/her body at all.

It's the same in the case of the persons (girls or boys) who take drugs all days, or spend all their time on a console/PC, or don't work hard at school, or at their job (even if a job doesn't pay well, if you give all you can give, people will look at you a bit differently. Oh well, at least here). They are not seen, by some people, as people who take care of themselves properly or have any sense of responsibhilities. How are they supposed to take care of kids if they can't even take care of themselves properly? Actually, irresponsible people better have no kids (for the sake of said kids), and instead of saying that the others are mean, they better look at themselves in a mirror).

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-05 at 08:42.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:04   Link #2388
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Well regarding the issue Shadow_Kira01 put up, alot of it does have truth in it. The truth hurts unfortunately for those who aren't good looking and who aren't rich. But I don't think the majority of the cases are caused due to the woman leaving the husband for a richer, more handsome man. All the possible issues you stated that could arise all points back to the woman.

I don't really detect any stand against racism in your post though. It's mostly about the disadvantages of having a family

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:18   Link #2389
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
Well regarding the issue Shadow_Kira01 put up, alot of it does have truth in it. The truth hurts unfortunately for those who aren't good looking and who aren't rich. But I don't think the majority of the cases are caused due to the woman leaving the husband for a richer, more handsome man. All the possible issues you stated that could arise all points back to the woman.

I don't really detect any stand against racism in your post though. It's mostly about the disadvantages of having a family
If you put it as an extreme, yeah it has some truth, because most people will not want to make their life with a 150kg guy/girl, or somebody who doesn't have a job. At the beginning though. Because you can see many documentaries here in France about families which try to fight against their problems. For example, when one of them lose his/her job.

But at the start, as I said, many things show if a person seems to have a sense of responsibilities or not. Even if you're not Brad pitt, trying to stay in good shape shows that you are aware that you have only one body and so that you should take care of it. On the money side, even if you are not well paid, to work hard is often seen by people as a good quality.

So look doesn't really matter for most people if you don't fall in the extreme (and not all women are Top models either btw.). On the money side, I just think it's logical to try to have a stable life (some money, a good place to live, etc.) before thinking about making a baby. It takes some time nowadays, hence why people marry and make babies later in life in majority.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-05 at 09:49.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:02   Link #2390
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
my favorite sentences :

This service allows you to live a full life if you are not too concerned with appearing normal

If you die again within 10 months

Horrifically mangled limbs, viscera-exposing lacerations, or other disfigurements will not affect your ability to function as a living being

This is just crazy, people aren't ashamed of anything nowadays,it's scary
Why worry? You get to eat brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I have to agree with you that it's certainly not anime and manga causing it. I dont' even see why anyone would think that. I mean what's the percentage of adult japanese males that could be considered anime otaku? I highly doubt it's anywhere near high enough to have an impact on population like that. Also, we see the same population declines among the native populations of nearly every affluent nation. As less affluent nations become more affluent, we're seeing a drop off of birthrates there too. I think it's caused by a refocusing of human activities from giving birth to the next generation, to simply trying to pay the bills. In short, modern society is not working well. People are becoming more and more isolated from each other, and the next generation grows smaller and smaller. What we need to do is figure out how to balance modern lifestyles with raising a family and being happy. Either that or start churning out clones to form the next generation. Either way.
Well this guy grew up in a rather similar society to Japan so I can understand his POV (I am from that place too).

Over here, most guys face the hard reality of our society: girls here go for

1. Rich guys
2. Good-looking guys (must have good image too)
3. Guys who can look after them (must have good image too)

and the reverse problem is : most guys just don't bother because

1. The money can be spent on better things for themselves, the road tax is CRAZY. So is the rising cost of living. Even with government incentives, a government flat costs 138,000 (excluding furishing), a good *as defined by the girl* car around 75,000 (excluding the Cert of Entitlement and road tax, etc) and an illustrious wedding dinner (estimated to be at least 20,000).

2. The cost of raising a child to 20 years of age without putting her through uni would be estimated 850,000, and that is before the Asian Economic Crisis and 9/11. A guy would be around 5,000 less, depending on his appointment during his 2 year conscription. As of 2007, inflation grew by 6.5%. Do the calculations, and you can estimate how much it costs for a guy to be a dad NOW.

3. Considering the expenditure, although an average graduate can earn about 2,000-3,000, most of his money would be spent PAYING to live. And also considering the money is earned through power play, what time or money has he to spend on others? An Xbox 360 or PS3 costs between 500-800 and can last years. A female is a gamble, she might leave for another man who is better by her standards.

Everything here is calculated in USD other than in (3), which is 1.45 times greater than our currency.

Considering the fact that our society is almost similar to an earlier Japan before the slowdown, the driving direction is pretty obvious to why males prefer Love Plus than real women.

If you ask me as a guy living in this similar Asian society as a personal question, I would say :

1. I am currently holding ONLY a high school certificate. And I am already 20. And my parents are not well off. And estimated, my "price tag" per month would be 800-1000 per month, at most because I can't get into university.

2. For time, I am chronologically bankrupt. I can't remember how to play the guitar or piano, mis/under-informed about the current society, and lack social skills and most of the time I spend are to working on these. Free time is spent on my pastime on the computer - anime/manga, reading wikipedia articles and this forum.

3. Most of the females I meet move their mouths (in some cases, both mouths) rather than their hands. The grudge mentality of "gentleman" has gone too bloody far. I would rather stay and home and face my Azunyan* than some bitch* out there. * - pun intended

The biggest difference between Asian and European society, is what they define as reality. Europeans often a balance of spiritual and material while Asians often define it as solely material because they think that material wealth brings happiness. In most cases I have observed, they have psycho-ed themselves into thinking that is so (fake happiness is so easy to see) until it becomes an illusion, and unfortunately adopted as the "right way to go in life". Time can buy money, but not the reverse.

With this horrific wall of text, I pretty summarised the "dog-eat-dog rat-race-like Asian Society". Wanna emigrate here?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:31   Link #2391
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Over here, most guys face the hard reality of our society: girls here go for

1. Rich guys
2. Good-looking guys (must have good image too)
3. Guys who can look after them (must have good image too)
And how many good looking girls, with fabulous character and qualities out there, could expect such a guy to fall in love with them for sure?

Since I doubt asian countries are full of supermodels with the best characters ever, what does happen for girls who have less chances to be looked at by said guys?
Old 2009-10-05, 10:41   Link #2392
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And how many good looking girls, with fabulous character and qualities out there, could expect such a guy to fall in love with them for sure?

Since I doubt asian countries are full of supermodels with the best characters ever, what does happen for girls who have less chances to be looked at by said guys?
Basically most of the girls here know how to diet, makeup and cosplay as fashionables dress-up, thus by average, they are good-looking. The uglier ones (hate to use this term, but I detest political correctness) get thrown far far away where nobody even wants to look at them.

Like a friend of mine who said, "They are just for most guys to deflower, considering their aims and character, it is pretty well deserved." Unfortunately, he is almost right, and apparently many guys still want their personal yamato nadeshiko*.

In short, this is a problem that affects the government more than the people, so cloning vats may be required in the near future.

* - I am different. I want a loli nekomimi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:55   Link #2393
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

@SaintessHeart

Not all women are like you said. There are a lot of em out there nowadays though. I always wondered while growing up why some women tend to behave in those kind of ways (the ones you mentioned and many other kinds) since I never had the desire to imitate or act like them(except maybe becoming an actress or a singer or a flower fairy but not the "bad" kind)

You pretty much remind me of a good friend I have who's also lacking the fees to go to a university but he's on a never ending search of knowledge like you do and also quite intelligent. Just like you, he's also got this problem with women XD People like you though are bound to get hit by success. Just don't lose hope

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:56   Link #2394
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Basically most of the girls here know how to diet, makeup and cosplay as fashionables dress-up, thus by average, they are good-looking. The uglier ones (hate to use this term, but I detest political correctness) get thrown far far away where nobody even wants to look at them.

Like a friend of mine who said, "They are just for most guys to deflower, considering their aims and character, it is pretty well deserved." Unfortunately, he is almost right, and apparently many guys still want their personal yamato nadeshiko*.

In short, this is a problem that affects the government more than the people, so cloning vats may be required in the near future.

* - I am different. I want a loli nekomimi.
Now It makes me curious. When I'll visit the asian countries, I will look carefully the amount of what I consider "good looking" and "nice dressed" girls. To see if Europe shares the same standards.

Anyway, enough off topic for me or the mods will hit me

http://www.freenews.fr/spip.php?article7122

Quote:
Un Windows Café ouvre ses portes ŕ Paris
Vous reprendrez bien un petit écran bleu ?

Un vrai café, entičrement dédié ŕ la gloire du systčme d’exploitation de Microsoft, ouvrira ses portes le 22 octobre en plein cœur de Paris.

Microsoft a retenu la France pour y ouvrir son seul Windows Café. En attendant son ouverture, qui coďncide exactement avec la date de sortie de Windows 7, le café est toujours en chantier. Vous pourrez aller y faire un tour au 47 boulevard Sébastopol.

On ne sait pas grand-chose sur ce lieu étrange si ce n’est qu’il reprendra les codes esthétiques de Windows. La proximité avec l’OS s’arrętera sans doute lŕ, ŕ moins que l’on puisse aussi y commander des expressos Silverlight et des cocktails .NET Framework ? Y’aura-t-il des tables Microsoft Surface ? Tant de questions angoissantes, et si peu de réponses... ;-)

Spoiler for big picture if the Café still under construction:
Microsoft will open his first and only Windows Café in Paris on October 22.

I'll visit it just to see how it is I loved the sarcasm of the french journalist

"Do you want to have another blue screen?" <<< waiter.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:20   Link #2395
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
@SaintessHeart
Not all women are like you said. There are a lot of em out there nowadays though. I always wondered while growing up why some women tend to behave in those kind of ways (the ones you mentioned and many other kinds) since I never had the desire to imitate or act like them(except maybe becoming an actress or a singer or a flower fairy but not the "bad" kind)

You pretty much remind me of a good friend I have who's also lacking the fees to go to a university but he's on a never ending search of knowledge like you do and also quite intelligent. Just like you, he's also got this problem with women XD People like you though are bound to get hit by success. Just don't lose hope
You just pointed out something that is so right yet ignored by billions : reality is subjective as perceived from a personal POV, yet is susceptible to taint from facts, which are in truth opinions which the majority agreed with. Thus the -real reality- in such Asian societies are distorted with facts used to generate self-serving pragmatism, resulting in increasing harm than good to the overall society.

Compared to my peers, I am nowhere intelligent. I just read alot, but being intelligent requires one to manipulate knowledge to serve purposes. I can't go uni because I defaulted from the rat-race (flunked my exams on "purpose" by totally giving up) as a tired and disillusioned competitor. I feel like an old soldier who is about to reach his run-out date, and things like such idea of "modern women" make life so fluky. Thank goodness they outlive us males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Now It makes me curious. When I'll visit the asian countries, I will look carefully the amount of what I consider "good looking" and "nice dressed" girls. To see if Europe shares the same standards.

Anyway, enough off topic for me or the mods will hit me

http://www.freenews.fr/spip.php?article7122

Microsoft will open his first and only Windows Café in Paris on October 22.

I'll visit it just to see how it is I loved the sarcasm of the french journalist

"Do you want to have another blue screen?" <<< waiter.
LOL lovely sarcasm.

A normal tech-guy/gal should respond, "No, just call Doctor Watson*. Without the Onecare** please."

An otaku should respond, "Do you have Nanami Madobe***?"

A computer idiot with lots of dosh should ask, "Fix me up a nice one. Price isn't important."

A hacker would probably keep quiet and eventually invite the DCRI to tear up the place.

But back to the point, I bet Japan will follow suit soon. They never fail to catch up on the French exquisite styles. Then they will have Mizuki Nana + a few well known VAs serving as part-time waitresses.

* - DrWatson Postmortem Debugger
** - An irritating service in Windows Vista that acts like a bloody nanny over every shit issue on your OS.
*** - Windows 7 Ultimate with voices by Mizuki Nana (Ogata Rina, Fate Testarossa, etc)

Old 2009-10-05, 11:57   Link #2396
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
LOL lovely sarcasm.

A normal tech-guy/gal should respond, "No, just call Doctor Watson*. Without the Onecare** please."

An otaku should respond, "Do you have Nanami Madobe***?"

A computer idiot with lots of dosh should ask, "Fix me up a nice one. Price isn't important."

A hacker would probably keep quiet and eventually invite the DCRI to tear up the place.

But back to the point, I bet Japan will follow suit soon. They never fail to catch up on the French exquisite styles. Then they will have Mizuki Nana + a few well known VAs serving as part-time waitresses.

* - DrWatson Postmortem Debugger
** - An irritating service in Windows Vista that acts like a bloody nanny over every shit issue on your OS.
*** - Windows 7 Ultimate with voices by Mizuki Nana (Ogata Rina, Fate Testarossa, etc)
Thanks for the annotations, I laughed a lot at this one

A friend will come with me. She wants to see how are the Microsofts' waiters (She was wondering what a waiter would reply to a catching/not-serious sentence like "I want a patch" ) We also wonder how they will name their cocktails. I expect some fun names

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-05 at 12:07.
Old 2009-10-05, 12:22   Link #2397
Jaden

Student goes bankai on a burglar.

And faces no charges, haha. Only in america.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:41   Link #2398
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Student goes bankai on a burglar.

And faces no charges, haha. Only in america.
Hmm... well it's that whole 'right to defend yourself' thing. If he sustained all those injuries by that one lunge he supposedly did then, meh... no charges is probably right. It's a different story though if they had already 'neutralized' him as a threat and then began to slice him up.
Old 2009-10-05, 12:57   Link #2399
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

To the Japanese women issue above:

I don't really want to argue about men and women, I just want to say, I've read some stuff regarding this, and the only thing I have to say that it's a shame that an overly idealistic nation as Japan, have became so materialist. I always thought this materialism is actually idealism, while I only watched anime and didn't read about the real picture. This is why I sometimes call Animes, mangas and the like as the 'Cry of the remaining idealists'.
Even though, I'll eventually live there, it's still a shame. I hope I'll get a job in a village rather than one of those big cities. I always gone against common sense anyway.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 13:58   Link #2400
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Hmm... well it's that whole 'right to defend yourself' thing. If he sustained all those injuries by that one lunge he supposedly did then, meh... no charges is probably right. It's a different story though if they had already 'neutralized' him as a threat and then began to slice him up.
Yes, I assume the bankai guy was in the right. But the way that news article makes it sound is like: 4 people catch an unarmed thief in a carage and butcher him in "self-defence"
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor