AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 04:38   Link #1
kezune

Manga quality

I really had no idea what to name this thread

Anyway, I just bought Vagabond volumes 2 & 3 and the first Blade of the immortal. These are the trade paper back editions. Now as soon as I got them home I delicately flicked through them all (so delicately in fact that I didn't even crease the cover) just to take a quick look. Then about 2 days later I decided to read the vagabond manga and found to my dismay that the glue binding the pages to the jacket had given way. The blade of the immortal book however seemed fine.

So is this normal? has anyone else bought any vagabond manga had the same issue? I feel quite cheated in a way, I mean it cost $20 and it didn't even last one read through. Also should I attempt to repair the books myself or try to get my money back?
Old 2009-02-15, 11:23   Link #2
dosetsu

Yeah that's just how manga is, though I only buy the original's. Some company's put them together with good paper quality, good cutting, like Wani Books or Akita Shoten, while others just don't care, like Jets Comics or Kodansha.

It's fairly easy to put a book back together long as the papers aren't ripped out and torn.

Rebinding

I personally use c-clamps and metal over mass weight and wood.
Old 2009-02-15, 19:58   Link #3
kezune

Thanks alot dosetsu!
Old 2009-02-16, 12:56   Link #4
Seifall

It also happenned to me.
The first vagabond manga I bought was ripped . Looks like it was done by a stanley knife. So in this case I didn't have issues to get my money back.
No need to ask for a new book if it's just a matter of binding. But if in the future if you have the same problem, do not rebind and ask for a new book as a replacement for the damaged one.
Closed Thread