AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-22, 21:24   Link #41
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Sooo...Funimation sent Rumbel a cease and desist letter to get them to discontinue their dubbing of D/Grey man, Soul Eater and Hitman Reborn.
They've DEFINTELY Licensed those shows like I said a while ago. So...will there be a new thread now, maybe?
Old 2008-11-22, 23:39   Link #42
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Sooo...Funimation sent Rumbel a cease and desist letter to get them to discontinue their dubbing of D/Grey man, Soul Eater and Hitman Reborn.
They've DEFINTELY Licensed those shows like I said a while ago. So...will there be a new thread now, maybe?
Sometimes US companies send out C&D orders on behalf of Japanese companies without holding the license.

Still not a confirmation.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:02   Link #43
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Soul Eater is licensed.

http://www.funimation.com/NewShowAGoGo/00928cdx7.jpg
Old 2008-12-19, 12:17   Link #44
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

While it would seem fairly obvious at this point, I'd say let's wait for an official statement.
If I'm not mistaken, on their website they're going to announce 1 license per day from december 22nd to december 31st. So it's just a matter of a few days really.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:36   Link #45
3point5

I think a cool thread would be to see how many horror movie references we can point out that show up throughout the series...

ones that stick out in my head are when Maka and Soul are chasing Son Son J (has a paper bag on his head, obviously inspired by Jason Vorhees.. more specifically, Jason from part 1 and 2 when he didnt have his hockey mask)

and then there was a recent episode i saw (ive only seen the 1st 20) there is a shot of street sign that says MULHOLLAND DRIVE -- a nice nod to David Lynch...
Old 2008-12-21, 08:37   Link #46
lmd_84

Perhaps not horror films specifically, but media/other references in general? I'm sure there are plenty of them (and Soul Eater Fanatics had a thread on the subject a while back)... Good idea.
Old 2008-12-31, 15:58   Link #47
Charred Knight

We need a new thread about the official Liscensing http://www.funimation.com/souleater/
Old 2009-01-05, 13:51   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Guess now that episode 39 has aired we can have a thread up for it.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:56   Link #49
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
I think a cool thread would be to see how many horror movie references we can point out that show up throughout the series...

ones that stick out in my head are when Maka and Soul are chasing Son Son J (has a paper bag on his head, obviously inspired by Jason Vorhees.. more specifically, Jason from part 1 and 2 when he didnt have his hockey mask)

and then there was a recent episode i saw (ive only seen the 1st 20) there is a shot of street sign that says MULHOLLAND DRIVE -- a nice nod to David Lynch...
Perhaps a pop culture ref in Soul Eater or something like it since most of us know the Twin Peaks reference too. I dont mind making it if someone wants to come up with a better thread title (I dont think we should limit it to horror movies) and come up with a starter post, just post it here.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-01-24, 04:50   Link #50
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Perhaps a pop culture ref in Soul Eater or something like it since most of us know the Twin Peaks reference too. I dont mind making it if someone wants to come up with a better thread title (I dont think we should limit it to horror movies) and come up with a starter post, just post it here.
Why stick to a forum? Things like that make great trivia items in a wiki. Then everyone can add new ones, and people can read them without hunting through an entire thread.
Old 2009-01-25, 11:51   Link #51
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantman View Post
Why stick to a forum? Things like that make great trivia items in a wiki. Then everyone can add new ones, and people can read them without hunting through an entire thread.
There's no discussion in a Wiki.
Old 2009-03-03, 14:12   Link #52
Iloxus

I may be a freak and I may be hyperbolizing, but I thinks the different course of the story of the anime and manga of Soul Eater is worth discussing. Before I get hate replies: I LOVE BOTH, ANIME AND MANGA. The problem is the crappy(sorry) story the anime publishers have invented. As a honest fan boy it hurts me to see my absolute favourite anime turning into something that disgusts me. The anime is getting worse and worse, not to mention the at first god-like animations and the already mentioned story! No one hast to create a new thread for this topic and I may be the only one supporting these statements, but I atleats wanted to fight for what I believe in and I hope you all do too. That is all...
Good Day.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:31   Link #53
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloxus View Post
I may be a freak and I may be hyperbolizing, but I thinks the different course of the story of the anime and manga of Soul Eater is worth discussing. Before I get hate replies: I LOVE BOTH, ANIME AND MANGA. The problem is the crappy(sorry) story the anime publishers have invented. As a honest fan boy it hurts me to see my absolute favourite anime turning into something that disgusts me. The anime is getting worse and worse, not to mention the at first god-like animations and the already mentioned story! No one hast to create a new thread for this topic and I may be the only one supporting these statements, but I atleats wanted to fight for what I believe in and I hope you all do too. That is all...
Good Day.
Thats why we have seperate anime and manga threads and speculations so all aspects can be covered.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-03-06, 06:53   Link #54
Iloxus

Thought as much, already posted in that section. Thanks for the information.
Old 2009-03-14, 11:53   Link #55
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok here's a tenative list for rd 2 of the fave character poll (Imd: I added Joe). List is shorter then Id planned so is there anyone missing? Remember this poll is for anyone who isnt in the first character poll. Also only open to characters seen in the anime so far.

Giriko
Arachne
Justin Law
Marie Mjolnir
Yumi Asuza
Mosquito
Kishin Asura
Kim
Jackie
Ox
Harvar
Kirikou
Joe
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-03-14, 12:43   Link #56
lmd_84

I can tell you straight off I forgot Thunder and Fire, Eibon and Joe. So much for me reading off the ANN list. *rolls eyes*
Old 2009-03-18, 12:06   Link #57
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I can tell you straight off I forgot Thunder and Fire, Eibon and Joe. So much for me reading off the ANN list. *rolls eyes*
I think Ill add Angela as well but looking at ANN/Wiki I really cant think of anyone else so poll is gonna be made!

Edit: [Anime] Soul Eater Favorite Character Poll (Rd 2) is open.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-03-18 at 12:19.
Old 2009-09-07, 03:25   Link #58
ElricKeyblade

I'm wondering about the new Soul eater episode they released on DVD in Japan about two weeks ago. Apparently it's the same 51st episode with an extra thirty minutes added. Woud it be all right for me to make a new thread asking about this, possible spoilers, and whether or not it had found its way online?
Old 2009-09-11, 20:32   Link #59
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
I'm wondering about the new Soul eater episode they released on DVD in Japan about two weeks ago. Apparently it's the same 51st episode with an extra thirty minutes added. Woud it be all right for me to make a new thread asking about this, possible spoilers, and whether or not it had found its way online?
Since it is an anime episode, why not ask about it in 51st episode thread?
Making a new thread for one quetion like this isn't reasonable in my opinion. But I'm not a moderator so...
Old 2009-11-19, 16:30   Link #60
YukieEvans

Hmm would it be alright to make a new threat about peoples moments in RL that are similar to something in Soul Eateror related to Soul Water, cuz that happens alot
Closed Thread