Notices

Old 2004-06-05, 21:45   Link #361
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Otaku
I really like Nyarurato or whatever it is though
Yay for dancing kittens!
Me too! Nyarurato is the cutest demon child we've seen yet! Aww so furry and wuvable However...

Spoiler for Ep 34 prediction:

While I'm on the subject,
Spoiler for Ep 31-33, 34 preview:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 21:57   Link #362
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
While I'm on the subject,
Spoiler for Ep 31-33, 34 preview:
<.<
>.>
Wrong.
*flees*
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 23:43   Link #363
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
A-E has officially dropped Gash Bell and won't be subbing it anymore

* Topic is '[ www.anime-empire.net ] Triggers -[ !rules and !codecs ]- BT -[ http://a.scarywater.net/ae/ ]- Midori 11 [Today!] Recruiting: Translators and Timers @ #AE-Recruits | Gashu now licensed! Remove from fservers. ;_;'
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 02:54   Link #364
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
A-E has officially dropped Gash Bell and won't be subbing it anymore

* Topic is '[ www.anime-empire.net ] Triggers -[ !rules and !codecs ]- BT -[ http://a.scarywater.net/ae/ ]- Midori 11 [Today!] Recruiting: Translators and Timers @ #AE-Recruits | Gashu now licensed! Remove from fservers. ;_;'
Aargh. Just: Aargh.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 03:04   Link #365
ato
Oups...

Ah, finally some recognition for Gash! Sure, it means that there will be a significant gap until the DVDs catch up with the fansubs, but that's just the name of the game. I sure hope the DVDs will contain a lot of episodes, since this promises to be a long series (still going strong i Japan and all that)...
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 01:13   Link #366
Hydraeden

Exclamation Konjiki no Gash Bell Licensed? *Hardly*

Alright, I've been to the A-E forum, and read some of the posts their forum members have put up on this series' alleged licensing, and it appears that it is more bogus than reality. Konjiki no Gash Bell has been licensed by "ShoPro", and according to several posts on the A-E forum, this is not considered an official licensure, the link will take you to the A-E forum:

http://www.anime-empire.net/forum/sh...?threadid=1866

Apparently ShoPro is a middleman between Japanese producers and foreign groups that license AND distribute anime. ShoPro apparently has never distributed any anime titles, and it is highly unlikely it plans to do so with Konjiki. Licenses by ShoPro are considered meaningless as far as actually distribution is considered. This is why AnimeSuki has not listed the series as licensed. It is also not considered licensed on www.animeondvd.com it is not on its Grand High Licensing List.

http://www.animeondvd.com/licenselist/K.php

www.envirosphere.com has Konjiki listed as a rumored license, not official:

http://www.envirosphere.com/series.p...ash+bell&show=

All this adds up to: Why's A-E so quick to drop Konjiki no Gash Bell like a bad habit from a licensing rumor? I know this series isn't their most popular, but I, among others, did enjoy this series, so that's a real kick in the teeth. Beyond that, they were about 30 behind in raw releases for the series, so even if it is REALLY licensed soon, the series' fans could have seen double the episodes they have seen (Sorry, A-E). After visiting the Static-Sub forum it appears they plan to continue fansubbing the series, which I hope they do. It has been suggested that they take up where A-E left off. Please help us out Static-Subs!!

Well, even if no one cares, I had to rant about this turn of events. Post to the forum if you're concerned about this as well.
Hydraeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 01:21   Link #367
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That is indeed the reason that AnimeSuki is still listing Gash Bell. On the other hand A-E feels strongly that they would be subbing on borrowed time and Viz has very nearly admitted that they have it on the AnimeOnDVD forum. (Go hunt for the thread yourself.) This isn't a situation where it is really right to club A-E over the head and make them give in. You have to respect that they are making what they believe to be a moral stance. Right or Wrong that still deserves Respect.

I can say that I have heard from inside people that a new group is planning on picking up Gash Bell where A-E left off. Unless these rumors firm up into a company declaring that they have acquired the license we will list their episodes of Gash Bell as soon as they have subbed them. It might be a bit of time though since they have to finish organizing their group. The real shame is that they have to start from scratch. I know that A-E has finished most of the work on episodes 34-39 and now they have to throw it away. :sob:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 01:34   Link #368
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I don't care how I get my Gash really, even if its in RAWs I can usually understand most of the Japanese in this series. I do respect A-E for their stance on licensing though. It's better to have a group with more firm morals than a group that doesn't give a crap about licensing and continues to sub and distribute freely. Must...get....more....Gashhhhuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 2004-06-25, 01:40   Link #369
Hydraeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This isn't a situation where it is really right to club A-E over the head and make them give in. You have to respect that they are making what they believe to be a moral stance. Right or Wrong that still deserves Respect.

I know that A-E has finished most of the work on episodes 34-39 and now they have to throw it away. :sob:
You are totally right there, but after hunting down the reason for the torrents dying, I had to post something or I was going to, well, self combust. Seeing as how the licensure is still unofficial it sure is a shame they couldn't even post the last few they had been working on. Oh, well, not like bemoaning the issue results in profit. Sorry, A-E. Guess I'm a little sore.
Hydraeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 02:14   Link #370
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

In the past hour, since my last post to this thread I have learned a great deal more about the future of Gash Bell fansubs. I will only say that it is a lot more than a possibility. People are eagerly working on episode 34 right now to finish and distribute it. No eta, but I can say that the group is fully staffed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-25, 03:09   Link #371
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

That's great to hear, I know licensing is near (I'm guessing Otakon), but it would be great if you guys finished the current mirror arc just to bring some closure to the project. I'm not trying to be selfish, but since I saw Ep. 34, I thought it was one of the best in the series. When I found out that Gashbell was being fansubbed, and heard that some people didn't like the mirror arc, I've just been waiting and waiting all these months to read the feedback of this one episode when it was released and more people saw it.

And of course, Murphy's Law came about and hints of licensing were announced right after Ep. 33. >< Even though I have a nasty cold right now, I will help you guys edit any scripts left just to get those episodes out, by God. ^^v

===

Now my quick opinion the licensing, which I didn't actually hear about until now actually. I was honestly shocked when I heard Gash was going to be licensed, I know this sounds crazy, but I thought the artist purposely made the Folgore character just so that no one in the West would try to license his work and it would stay in Japan forever. ^^ ShoPro doesn't have a good track record with well-dubbed anime (Megaman, Hamtaro), and while I usually try not to jump to conclusion, Zatchbell is probably not in the best of hands . . . I can just imagine it now "Chi-chi-chi-cheese pizza . . . I-ta-li-an!" Actually, that doesn't sound that bad. ^^
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 02:55   Link #372
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Zatchbell is probably not in the best of hands . . . I can just imagine it now "Chi-chi-chi-cheese pizza . . . I-ta-li-an!" Actually, that doesn't sound that bad. ^^
LOL, that's pretty good! But how will they explain the little nipple thing Folgore does with his hands when he dances? I agree on at least finishing the demon mirror arc to give at least some feeling of closure. If this localization turns out to be uber-suck though, I think I might just import the Japanese DVDs for myself. Gash is simple enough for me to understand 85-95% of it, and it will give me more motivation to continue my Japanese self-studies anyway.
Old 2004-06-26, 03:04   Link #373
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

He's not doing a nipple thing with his hands! He's making a round shape with his thumb and forefinger to indicate he wants peperoni on his pizza!

Old 2004-07-13, 16:43   Link #374
dythim
dythim

Picking up the Gash Fansub Project!

OK! This has been a long time in the planning stages, but finally (yes!) we are ready to burst onto the scene!

Who are we? We are #Vulcan300

Tonight we shall continue what A-E started so well with the subbing of Gash Bell starting with Episode 34! We are going to release tonight at 9PM Eastern US Time (21:00 GMT-5) with both Bittorrent and fast irc serving at #Vulcan300 on irc.rizon.net

As for the first 33 episodes, we are going to host a complete archive of A-E and Aoshi's episodes after our release tonight. In the meantime, our irc bot is hosting unlimited sends in our channel, if you are able to get onto rizon.

Watch for us tonight! Zakeru!

And before you start flaming us, the AnimeSuki mods are already aware that Gash Bell is not licensed as of yet, please see this topic .
dythim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 16:51   Link #375
Late
Peelo

Yes! Thank god! Gash is saved! Weeeee.

See you in irc. ^^
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 16:51   Link #376
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yay! I've been waiting eagerly for the conclusion of the Demonic Mirror saga to be fansubbed.

I'm hoping to see as much of show as possible subtitled, without Folgore's Moge Moge song changed into a Pizza Pizza song in deference to American sensibilities.

Old 2004-07-13, 19:13   Link #377
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraeden
Alright, I've been to the A-E forum, and read some of the posts their forum members have put up on this series' alleged licensing, and it appears that it is more bogus than reality. Konjiki no Gash Bell has been licensed by "ShoPro", and according to several posts on the A-E forum, this is not considered an official licensure, the link will take you to the A-E forum:

http://www.anime-empire.net/forum/sh...?threadid=1866

Apparently ShoPro is a middleman between Japanese producers and foreign groups that license AND distribute anime. ShoPro apparently has never distributed any anime titles, and it is highly unlikely it plans to do so with Konjiki. Licenses by ShoPro are considered meaningless as far as actually distribution is considered. This is why AnimeSuki has not listed the series as licensed. It is also not considered licensed on www.animeondvd.com it is not on its Grand High Licensing List.

http://www.animeondvd.com/licenselist/K.php

www.envirosphere.com has Konjiki listed as a rumored license, not official:

http://www.envirosphere.com/series.p...ash+bell&show=

All this adds up to: Why's A-E so quick to drop Konjiki no Gash Bell like a bad habit from a licensing rumor? I know this series isn't their most popular, but I, among others, did enjoy this series, so that's a real kick in the teeth. Beyond that, they were about 30 behind in raw releases for the series, so even if it is REALLY licensed soon, the series' fans could have seen double the episodes they have seen (Sorry, A-E). After visiting the Static-Sub forum it appears they plan to continue fansubbing the series, which I hope they do. It has been suggested that they take up where A-E left off. Please help us out Static-Subs!!

Well, even if no one cares, I had to rant about this turn of events. Post to the forum if you're concerned about this as well.
In this case, ShoPro Licenses Anime but does not distribute it; instead they sublicense the home video rights to various American distributors such as Viz and Media Blasters. They generally only license TV shows that they hope to also sub-license to TV broadcasters such as Cartoon Network, ABC Family and Fox Kids.

The "middleman" claim has been growing out of proportion. While it is true that the series has not yet been announced for distribution, it doesn't change the fact that the rights to the series name has been bought by ShoPro Entertainment, which is a genuine US company.

Another company similar to ShoPro would be Enoki Films.

Anyhow, it all comes down to how a someone views a license. Some will say only a distribution license counts, while others, like A-E, will cease to fansub a title the moment a US company buys the rights to it, regardless of distribution rights or not.

It's only a matter of time before ShoPro finds a distributor to sub-license Gash, or Zatch Bell =)

I do not think ShoPro would appreciate those who discredit their credentials and spread false rumors.

Good luck to vulcan300 for picking up where we left off. I'm sure there are lots of fans who popped their veins when we stopped it
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 20:14   Link #378
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Hurray! I'm downloading Ep 34 right now, and I need to re-download Eps 1-33 since I'm on a new computer now. Vulcan sanbyaku, arigatou na no da! I won't get my hopes up too much since it seems like it is only a matter of time till an official distributor picks up the series, but I hope you guys can at least finish episode 35 and we can finish the demon mirror saga.

On the other hand, I AM getting my hopes up that a good, respectable company will license Gas..err Zatch Bell (god how I hate that name) and provide us with quality subbing work and DVDs. And if they don't, hell I'll just import the Japan DVDs and spit on those bastards who dared to defile my Gashuuu!!!
Old 2004-07-13, 20:26   Link #379
dythim
dythim

Aye.. Zatch Bell......

I have a random and probably stupid question about that... but who actually recognizes "gash" as slang for a vagina? I've never heard that anywhere in the states, and I tried asking some European irc users at some point (english, swedish, german, french that i recall) and none of them had ever heard it either.

Is Shopro off their rocker or did they dig really deep to try to find this slang?

Last edited by dythim; 2004-07-14 at 00:49.
dythim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 20:45   Link #380
HydraDragoon
???!!!???!!!?!?!

I'm so glad that another group is going to continue subbing Gash Bell. I've missed it sooo much.

To be fair the whole "Gash" meaning wasn't official. It's just something from a forum post that was linked to when people heard the news of Gash Bell being licensed. Gash can also mean "a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument", perhaps this was the reason? Kinda silly even if it was, but you never know.
HydraDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote