AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-16, 08:41   Link #1
E X
Aquarius no Gold Saint

Best fansub for Maburaho?

I usually download it from Anime-Keep, but they seem to have fallen behind on all of their releases, so I wanted to ask you which group does a better job: Lunar, Anime4Life or Sugar Cube?

Thanks.
E X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 09:04   Link #2
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by E X
I usually download it from Anime-Keep, but they seem to have fallen behind on all of their releases, so I wanted to ask you which group does a better job: Lunar, Anime4Life or Sugar Cube?

Thanks.
I heard Sugar Cube is *sweet*! <-- Although I havent sampled it.

I D/L
Animekeep: ep1-8 - I like! If they released ep9-10-11 earlier then i would've D/L theirs instead.
Lunar: ep9-10 - Good! (Tried A4L: ep9, the font sux though)
Anime4Life: ep11, its ok i guess..
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 01:47   Link #3
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

sugar cube does the best subs for maburaho so far i think. if u want to find out more, then go check the maburaho thread already in the forum
guynextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 11:30   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I would second Sugar-Cube. I'll be sticking to them for Maburaho
unless they decide to drop it (or my patience runs out )
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 16:33   Link #5
E X
Aquarius no Gold Saint

Thanks a lot for your input, but it seems that Sugar Cube has fallen behind on Maburaho just as A-Keep has. I don't feel like downloading from Lunar since I don't like those 233 MB files and from what I've read on the Maburaho thread, A4L is not that good, so I better wait for Cube or Keep to make a comeback.

Thanks again.
E X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 16:56   Link #6
Shift_

Sugar Cube would be the best.
Akeep's quality has been slowly declining this season, and Maburaho isn't an exception. I don't know what happend with the group, but they used to be one of the best groups, but now they're just so-so

I've only seen one ep by Lunar

But I like to keep all my series by one group when I burn it on to DVD. So it's Sugar Cube for me.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 17:02   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

S-C is the best, but I dl Lunar and A-Keep also which ever 1 is available I guess. I will certainly dl all of S-C episodes when the time comes to back it up onto DVD-R.
Old 2004-01-17, 23:04   Link #8
VincentRPG
Fansubber

Hands down, Sugar-cube is the way to go to watch Maburaho.
VincentRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 23:17   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I just started watching A4L or something like that and Lunar subs for Maburaho.... I think that they do an alright job... recently, they just released at a better pace than the other groups... so that's why I've been gettin their shit...

I was just wondering... if someone dl'd the A4L sub of ep 11... can u pls explain why the vid won't run on my bsplayer ? .... it ran on windows media player but I had to invert the picture and I think also the subs...... were there any known problems for that particular ep released by this group?
Old 2004-01-17, 23:25   Link #10
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I was just wondering... if someone dl'd the A4L sub of ep 11... can u pls explain why the vid won't run on my bsplayer ? .... it ran on windows media player but I had to invert the picture and I think also the subs...... were there any known problems for that particular ep released by this group?
Well I recently dl A4L ep11 also and it plays fine with my BSplayer. Try reinstalling your codecs, and see if that solves the problem.
Old 2004-01-21, 14:45   Link #11
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Best Maburaho...

Well, out of the groups doing it... Anime-Keep is doing a pretty good job. I also like Lunar's version. I watched the first episode of S-C's and it was sub-par. I spotted 8 editing errors, in the first 3 minutes. Another editor that I work with spotted nearly 13. That is truly unacceptable to me. The other thing is that I didn't like their font. I found it to be ugly. If I had to reccomend a group for Maburaho, it'd be either Anime-Keep, or Lunar. S-C's was just... bad.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 16:34   Link #12
CaptTylor

Send a message via ICQ to CaptTylor
Anime4Life fansub of Maburaho

Hi, about our (A4L's) Maburaho 11, and the odd problem one of you had viewing it, that problem has never cropped up before or since... or even to other people dl'ing Maburaho 11 from us, as far as I know. I hope the suggestion of a new codec helped, but if not, I have no idea specifically what else it might be.

About which group's Maburaho to dl, all the arguments in the current string seem to be fair statements, so far as I have heard about the other groups involved. A4L's own efforts got off to a rocky start with Maburaho 8, (which was the current episode when the group signed me *the translator* on), but we've been improving each episode since. At the time of this post, we've just released Maburaho 13, I've seen it, and it's good. really good. But it's taken 5 episodes to get it that way. Hopefully the trend will continue. We also plan to go back and sub eps 1-7, which we ignored at first, in order to compete speed-wise. There have been a few style changes between our eps 8-9 and eps 10- and onward, because we got alot of feedback that the font we originally used was hard on the eyes. (My fault for recommending it, I take full blame). And we let some odd typos and such slip through the cracks in places, but each episode has fewer and fewer, and I didn't see anything noticeably wrong in Ep. 13, at all. (Though I'm only human, and a bit biased ^_^)

Wish us luck, and before you give up on us, check out our eps 10-13, at least! 8 and 9 too, the font's not THAT bad... -_-

-CaptTylor, translator, Anime4Life
CaptTylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 17:36   Link #13
Aoi

Compare the size of 140 MB from S-C to 180-230 Mb from other groups and the quality is the same ... I must say S-C
Old 2004-01-23, 19:09   Link #14
Tellu54
Banned

Thumbs down

We've had TL issues... I have developed a total revulsion to the the series, and so it's hard to get me to do it. Mirror says he'll finish 11 tomorrow, and I managed to get the TL for 12 done by closing my eyes and thinking of Kikou Sennyo Rouran in a manner similar to that of English brides of old, so we should be moving again soon.

-
Tellu54
S-C Translator
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 21:49   Link #15
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTylor
Hi, about our (A4L's) Maburaho 11, and the odd problem one of you had viewing it, that problem has never cropped up before or since... or even to other people dl'ing Maburaho 11 from us, as far as I know. I hope the suggestion of a new codec helped, but if not, I have no idea specifically what else it might be.

About which group's Maburaho to dl, all the arguments in the current string seem to be fair statements, so far as I have heard about the other groups involved. A4L's own efforts got off to a rocky start with Maburaho 8, (which was the current episode when the group signed me *the translator* on), but we've been improving each episode since. At the time of this post, we've just released Maburaho 13, I've seen it, and it's good. really good. But it's taken 5 episodes to get it that way. Hopefully the trend will continue. We also plan to go back and sub eps 1-7, which we ignored at first, in order to compete speed-wise. There have been a few style changes between our eps 8-9 and eps 10- and onward, because we got alot of feedback that the font we originally used was hard on the eyes. (My fault for recommending it, I take full blame). And we let some odd typos and such slip through the cracks in places, but each episode has fewer and fewer, and I didn't see anything noticeably wrong in Ep. 13, at all. (Though I'm only human, and a bit biased ^_^)

Wish us luck, and before you give up on us, check out our eps 10-13, at least! 8 and 9 too, the font's not THAT bad... -_-

I havn't watched your group's version yet, but I will. I've watched Lunar's, S-C's, and Keep's versions. Of the versions that I watched, Keep's was of the best. I like Lunar's best because, well, I work on it. Second, we're of the fastest groups with it. I'll watch your version sometime. I always like to see how other groups do before I would judge them at all.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 22:01   Link #16
sothis

a lengthy side by side comparison by Lucky (and random comments from a few others ) can be found here as well
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 03:04   Link #17
CaptTylor

Send a message via ICQ to CaptTylor
Maburaho fansub comparison review

Sothis, I agree that review is incredibly thorough, and thoughtful. Unfortunately, since my group started with episode 8, we're not included in it at all. -_- Frankly, I can imagine what might be said of our early eps, so I'm not TOO dissappointed, honestly. However, I really feel like we've "arrived", so I hope more people take notice of us. Unfortunately, I'm the only TL so far, and I'm limited to doing about one episode per week, so for the moment, we'll have a hard time making our presence known. And anyone who wants to leave me feedback, I'd personally appreciate constructive comments. Thanks a lot. ^_^

CaptTylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 04:33   Link #18
sothis

capttylor: you might post in the thread asking for opinion on your subs ^_^ often some of the lesser known threads (as opposed to, say, chrno crusade) dont continue cause there isnt much interest.. but once someone says something, it is reviewed or discussed ^_^
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 10:40   Link #19
jacks81x

In terms of translation, S-C, A-Keep, and Lunar are all doing a good enough job. it all comes down which group's encoding you prefer.
jacks81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 14:27   Link #20
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
My vote is on lunar only because of my personal preference for AC3 and WMP9
The subs are adequate for me now, since i just want to watch these episodes more then anything :P
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote