AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-16, 01:48   Link #21
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yea, i know they are the official names, but more often than not the alternatives are used as well Dont ask me why the subbers decided to name them that way (tho the Levantine is understandable - one would get his eyes in a knot trying to read it in the original way). As for myself i must say i for some reason prefer the alternate names to the official ones.
Old 2006-10-25, 16:05   Link #22
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
And yeah, you won't find the twins in season 1. Tho I suggest we include Reinforce in the A's thread but not Reinforce 2 as that's moreso a StrikerS thing.

I suggest it be like this:

s1 list:
Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Lindy
Precia
Suzuka
Arisa

A's list:
Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Lindy
Precia
Suzuka
Arisa
Hayate
Signum
Shamal
Vita
Zaphira
Reinforce
Aria
Lotte
Graham
Excellent. Thanks. I'll use these lists unless someone has a serious objection. I'll start with the first season and try put a little time between the S1 poll and the S2 poll. Plus, I too like the idea of a Favorite Devices poll/discussion. So we'll give these a little room...
Old 2006-10-25, 17:23   Link #23
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

You'd need to either remove Precia from from the A's list, or include Linis in it.
Old 2006-10-25, 17:46   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Excellent. Thanks. I'll use these lists unless someone has a serious objection. I'll start with the first season and try put a little time between the S1 poll and the S2 poll. Plus, I too like the idea of a Favorite Devices poll/discussion. So we'll give these a little room...
The only objection I would have is that the S1 and S2 polls have already been made It's just the Favourite Devices poll to be created (and see the comment I made about it a few posts back).
Old 2006-10-25, 18:02   Link #25
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The only objection I would have is that the S1 and S2 polls have already been made
D'OH! I guess I should have looked. Okay then....carry on.
Old 2006-12-08, 09:00   Link #26
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I was thinking. Should we have one to keep track of the various Nanoha game projects? They're starting to add up.
Old 2006-12-27, 02:36   Link #27
Petco

Do we have a Nanoha IRC channel? If not, anyone want to try setting one up?
Old 2007-01-09, 10:05   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hmmmm

Due to the amount of fanfic ideas people seem to have here, can we request a Fanfiction/Fanfiction ideas thread?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-01-18, 07:06   Link #29
Petco

I was thinking, how about a Nanoha universal-random discussion thread? Talk about anything, like future of Nanoha series, spin offs, dreams you had with Nanoha in it, about the characters, etc.

There is a lot of non-speculation/discussion related things in the StrikerS thread, we should create a thread for that kind of stuff.
Old 2007-01-18, 07:22   Link #30
xris
Just call me Ojisan

But we already have three Nanoha threads (one for each series) and that's where such general discussion belongs.

Now if there was a demand for threads such as "Nanoha - Theories and Speculation", "Nanoha - Magic & Technology", or "Nanoha Q&A", fair enough but I'm not convinced that we want to encourage random discussion (see the first post "Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).")
Old 2007-03-02, 10:31   Link #31
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I have a request for new threads. My pants are old and the colour's faded. I should really get new ones.

Seriously tho, I second the request for some sort of fanfic or such type of thread. I've seen some good ideas put out as just passing comments here. And it's such a shame. If that stuff is posted in the series threads they'd likely be shot down in no time. On top of that, it'd take up a mountain of space.
Old 2007-03-02, 10:49   Link #32
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Second that idea, since I'm sure there's lots of ideas people are just dying to talk about, but can't in the current StrikerS thread (which have long become the general discussion thread). Once StrikerS begins, I can imagine that each episode will get its own thread like in the other sections. The current StrikerS thread would likely be closed, or renamed into general discussion.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-02, 11:51   Link #33
xris
Just call me Ojisan

New thread created, Nanoha Fanfic Discussion.
Old 2007-03-03, 02:43   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What Lowegear said.. sort of... whenever the new season starts, I'd like to see some cleanup/rename/freshstart on the StrikerS thread (after 2400+ posts, it isn't very useful as an episode discussion tool and has become more of a "magic & tech" ramble ... ). Suggest renaming it as Lowegear envisions and and creating a "series discussion" thread????
Old 2007-03-03, 04:09   Link #35
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I've already been considering that. (Didn't you mention your concerns to me in a PM, or was that someone else?) That thread really does need to be retired because of massive multi-off-topic irrelevancy. When the series starts I intend to close the old thread and rename it "Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Anticipation Thread." Then we can create a brand new generic discussion thread for the series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-11, 07:04   Link #36
Question
Crossdresser

Can we have a Q&A thread?
Old 2007-03-12, 03:08   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No Q&A? Oh my! I'll get right on that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-12, 19:02   Link #38
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

This is more of an idea would it be possible if we could have a "Quote Thread" created? which. Would let users post their favourite quotes from characters from the show.
Old 2007-03-13, 00:33   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

When the new season comes out, I'm thinking of a thread along the lines of "Skills, Spells and Technology: Who's packing more heat?"

And of course, depending on how things go, a 'Romance' thread might not be too far fetch.
Old 2007-03-13, 16:32   Link #40
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
This is more of an idea would it be possible if we could have a "Quote Thread" created? which. Would let users post their favourite quotes from characters from the show.
Favourite MGLN Quotes thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
When the new season comes out, I'm thinking of a thread along the lines of "Skills, Spells and Technology: Who's packing more heat?"
Magic and Technology of MGLN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And of course, depending on how things go, a 'Romance' thread might not be too far fetch.
Remind us again once the series has started and we shall see if such a thread is needed.
Closed Thread