AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-06, 09:37   Link #4261
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Actually that ain't gonna do jack shit for him.
1. He will still have Amon.
2. He already beat a fucking gorilla-beast(equivalent of bear) and used a anything for the win tactic like Hajime without Amon.

He needs to get rid of his wishy-washy ideals(though way better than whatever Kouen/Hakuryuu) planned out. though as he gets rid of them, he'll probably fall or half-fall(like sinbad)
In other words, he needs to be betrayed, abandoned and half killed. But seriously, I doubt Alibaba can change like Hajime even if all those things happen because he was built up as both a good naive hero and a butt monkey. If anything, he will probably end up blaming himself and become a shut-in.
Old 2015-02-06, 10:33   Link #4262
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
In other words, he needs to be betrayed, abandoned and half killed. But seriously, I doubt Alibaba can change like Hajime even if all those things happen because he was built up as both a good naive hero and a butt monkey. If anything, he will probably end up blaming himself and become a shut-in.
well, I don't know about betrayal but his half-brothers and his best friend Kaseem seriously fucked his life up and his life itself was guy in a slum, elevated to royalty, back to homeless/penniless butt-monkey with dreams to meeting Aladdin and now his current situation. Also, he been half-killed a couple of times already
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 12:30   Link #4263
Redhazard
Desert Man

Honestly, the main problem with Alibaba (and the manga really) is his refusal to accept the loss of lives as something inevitable.

Aladdin is the same, but the difference is Aladdin just powers through his problems (like the war in the Magic City).

Meanwhile, Alibaba is stuck in a powerless position which makes him a subordinate to others but keeps his hands clean.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 15:18   Link #4264
shalala

Soooooooo that new Djinn Equip that Hakuryuu is rocking. Looks cool. Plus he is still about to use Zagan. Although something has been bugging me about Belial which would be why wouldn't s/he be fighting back as s/he was pretty much forced captured.

I don't think Alibaba's leg has been cut off. Probably it's his magoi for the leg or senses.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 15:31   Link #4265
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Soooooooo that new Djinn Equip that Hakuryuu is rocking. Looks cool. Plus he is still about to use Zagan. Although something has been bugging me about Belial which would be why wouldn't s/he be fighting back as s/he was pretty much forced captured.

I don't think Alibaba's leg has been cut off. Probably it's his magoi for the leg or senses.
i'm thinking Haku just got epic level illussion and/or hypnotic powers. Haku isn't still using Zagan, and he didn't just cut off Alibaba's leg, but he's managed to make Alibaba think that's what just happened. Haku's got Aizen powers. (hey guess what happened over in bleach this week)
Old 2015-02-28, 18:24   Link #4266
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i'm thinking Haku just got epic level illussion and/or hypnotic powers. Haku isn't still using Zagan, and he didn't just cut off Alibaba's leg, but he's managed to make Alibaba think that's what just happened. Haku's got Aizen powers. (hey guess what happened over in bleach this week)
I think Zagans's ability is real he's able to use Zagan together with Belial, it was mentioned earlier when he started experimenting/brainwashing Kou soldiers.
Old 2015-03-02, 11:06   Link #4267
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Ch. 257 is out, the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, oops I mean Alibaba and Hakuryuu is now full blown since this time Alibaba is now serious.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2015-03-02, 12:31   Link #4268
Sixth
Hu Tao

So Alibaba going to cripple forever? Or Solomon BS magic will overcome Belial's influence later?

It was amazing that Alibaba can defend himself just with one vessel.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 13:16   Link #4269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So Alibaba going to cripple forever? Or Solomon BS magic will overcome Belial's influence later?

It was amazing that Alibaba can defend himself just with one vessel.
They'll totally BS recovery sooner or later. No way they'd actually have Alibaba unable to use a leg for the rest of the series.
Old 2015-03-02, 20:53   Link #4270
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Dang, Belial is really broken. Maybe Solomon's Wisdom might let Aladdin go retrieve Alibaba's nerves from another dimension or something.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:05   Link #4271
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

New chap is cool with Alibaba finally get serious about "bringing back Hakusuke" -.- ( Should have done that before he got you one arm and one leg, dude ). At least we readers still got it right that Zagan is no match for Amon ( Fire beat grass forever ), Haku actually has to go Psychic against Alibaba is what make me giggle the most while reading this chapter

Anyway, what I like most is the diversity of Djinn abilities. In main series, we have Belial with power to manipulate senses and feeling - I guess mental health is also considered part of life force ^^.
And in the Sinbad spin-off, we have Cerberus with it's multiple elements ability: Ice, Fire and Lightning at the same time - That's the standard videogame elemental power trio, you know!. I think she got one of the sweetest Djinn there .

I wonder how Solomon decided the ability and magic formulas for each Divine Staff/Djinn. Did he do it based on the owner's race/landscape/living environment or he just randomly roll with a dice ( "Ok, 1 points, you got fire type magic! Next one, please ) ?
Old 2015-03-03, 01:35   Link #4272
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
New chap is cool with Alibaba finally get serious about "bringing back Hakusuke" -.- ( Should have done that before he got you one arm and one leg, dude ). At least we readers still got it right that Zagan is no match for Amon ( Fire beat grass forever ), Haku actually has to go Psychic against Alibaba is what make me giggle the most while reading this chapter

Anyway, what I like most is the diversity of Djinn abilities. In main series, we have Belial with power to manipulate senses and feeling - I guess mental health is also considered part of life force ^^.
And in the Sinbad spin-off, we have Cerberus with it's multiple elements ability: Ice, Fire and Lightning at the same time - That's the standard videogame elemental power trio, you know!. I think she got one of the sweetest Djinn there .

I wonder how Solomon decided the ability and magic formulas for each Divine Staff/Djinn. Did he do it based on the owner's race/landscape/living environment or he just randomly roll with a dice ( "Ok, 1 points, you got fire type magic! Next one, please ) ?
Actually the Djinn's are Solomon's best magicians so each metal vessel has that magician's specialty. Only exception was Aladdin's Djinn Ugo since he could never be properly summoned. Also Belial's power probably lasts as long as the djinn equip is active or Alibaba needs to meditate and use his magoi manipulation until he gets his sensory/motor functions back
Old 2015-03-03, 01:55   Link #4273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Actually the Djinn's are Solomon's best magicians so each metal vessel has that magician's specialty.
They weren't magicians at all. They were the non-human chiefs.

Quote:
Only exception was Aladdin's Djinn Ugo since he could never be properly summoned.
Ugo was summoned more thoroughly than a Djinn Equip, and had his heat magic. The difference is that Aladdin isn't a Dungeon Conqueror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Dang, Belial is really broken. Maybe Solomon's Wisdom might let Aladdin go retrieve Alibaba's nerves from another dimension or something.
I don't think Belial is that impressive. Think about it: usually, when you cut off limbs, they're gone. Here, it's just "the nerves" "sent to another world". The only difference is that, in fact, the author is preparing the terrain for the nerves to come back. (maybe if Belial's vessel is destroyed?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:59   Link #4274
Corvo269

[QUOTE=Anh_Minh;5456192]They weren't magicians at all. They were the non-human chiefs.
Wait, weren't Amon, Ugo and the others human sorcerors that became Djinns when the power of the legendary staffs and their knowledge were stored into a metal vessel
Old 2015-03-03, 02:05   Link #4275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ugo was the only magician. The others were non-humans (thus non-magicians, because that was how it worked at the time) given Divine Staves (which made them one-trick ponys).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 02:24   Link #4276
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ugo was the only magician. The others were non-humans (thus non-magicians, because that was how it worked at the time) given Divine Staves (which made them one-trick ponys).
Oh, I thought that magicians fused with one of the staves to become a Djinn, that's why almost all the Djinn's looked human
Old 2015-03-03, 03:47   Link #4277
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Oh, I thought that magicians fused with one of the staves to become a Djinn, that's why almost all the Djinn's looked human
No, except Ugo, all Djinn used to be other species Chiefs/Tribe leaders, they can't use magic but Solomon designed those Divine staffs for them to defend themselves ( also extra manforce on the battlefield ). The Divine staff have a set of magic formulas stored in them that allow the owner to use magic. In order to defeat Ill-Illah, 72 chiefs fuse themselves with their divine staffs and become Djinn to attain greater power.

Most Djinn can only use one type of magic with the exception of Cerberus - a 3 head Djinn with each head has a different type of magic ( recently revealed in Sinbad new chapter ) so I'm wondering what kind of method Solomon used to decide which type of magic for each staff.
Old 2015-03-03, 12:17   Link #4278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Valefor's djinn equip debuted in Adventure of Sinbad. It looks super fluffy.

Meanwhile, chapter 258 came out in chinese.

Spoiler for 258:
Old 2015-03-03, 13:56   Link #4279
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Valefor's djinn equip debuted in Adventure of Sinbad. It looks super fluffy.

Meanwhile, chapter 258 came out in chinese.

Spoiler for 258:
Spoiler for Spoiler 258:
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 14:41   Link #4280
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler 258:
Spoiler:

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen