AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-06, 14:21   Link #15481
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Anything they build in E.Jerusalem is a settlement.Palestinians are having their land stolen from them in plain view of the world, and all we get from other countries is strong criticism.
E.Jerusalem...
does that mean the part of Jerusalem that was illegally occupied by Jordan for all of 19 years between 1948 and 1967 before Israel reunified the city ?
the part where Jews used to live for the longest time before Jordanian occupation forced them to leave ?
the part that has been in Israeli hands for more then twice the time it was divided ?

THAT East Jerusalem ?

Quote:
I'm sure that strong criticism really put Israel in their place.
Surprisingly enough, it doesn't.
which is odd, considering how effectively it works on Syria.
Old 2011-08-06, 14:29   Link #15482
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

North Korea's Kim Jong-il Is Running MMO Gold Farming Racket

This is just a joke, right?

... right?
Old 2011-08-06, 14:32   Link #15483
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No more of a joke than Chinese prison guards using prisoners as slave labour to do the exact same thing...
Old 2011-08-06, 15:24   Link #15484
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
E.Jerusalem...
does that mean the part of Jerusalem that was illegally occupied by Jordan for all of 19 years between 1948 and 1967 before Israel reunified the city ?
the part where Jews used to live for the longest time before Jordanian occupation forced them to leave ?
the part that has been in Israeli hands for more then twice the time it was divided ?

THAT East Jerusalem ?
Israel was just as out of line as Jordan in occupying Jerusalem, as the city had been designated an "international city" by the UN.

But frankly, the entire region was in chaos at the time what with the collapse of the British and French power.

Also there were a hell of a lot of displaced arabs after 1948, in west Jerusalem...

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2011-08-06 at 15:42.
Old 2011-08-06, 16:04   Link #15485
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
E.Jerusalem...
Why was East Jeruselum being occupied by Jordan illegal? By what law? International law?

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
the part that has been in Israeli hands for more then twice the time it was divided ? :
It's still internationally regarded as Palestinian land.
Old 2011-08-06, 16:06   Link #15486
flying ^

tsk.....

Old 2011-08-06, 16:08   Link #15487
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Also, Jerusalem was held by the Ottomans for 400 years! 9 times the length of time Israel has held it!
Old 2011-08-06, 16:13   Link #15488
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
tsk.....

US sources say they're unlikely to be the same personel that killed Osama. Which is good because they just don't deserve to die like that and give the Taliban the satisfaction. Still a real shame though.
Old 2011-08-06, 22:57   Link #15489
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
US sources say they're unlikely to be the same personel that killed Osama. Which is good because they just don't deserve to die like that and give the Taliban the satisfaction. Still a real shame though.
It isn't as if a SEAL would deserve more to be shoot down than another SEAL ...
Old 2011-08-07, 01:13   Link #15490
killer3000ad

North London rocked by riots
Quote:
Police are on the streets of Tottenham, north London, where overnight riots saw petrol bombs thrown at officers and patrol cars and buildings set alight.

Eight injured police officers have been taken to hospital, at least one of them with head injuries.

The unrest began after a protest over the fatal shooting by police of 29-year-old Mark Duggan on Thursday.

About 300 people gathered outside the police station on the High Road after demonstrators demanded "justice".

So.... the police killed a man who SHOT at them, and these people are rioting, burning shops and police cars and a bus, and attacking the cops, demanding JUSTICE? Justice would be the cops lighting them all up.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-08-07 at 01:31.
Old 2011-08-07, 02:30   Link #15491
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering that both Israel and Palatine want Jerusalem as their capital...yes it is going to cause problems.

I think I've heard arguments about it heavily for ten years or so now...and sometimes I think a King Solomon like solution would be best for the place, even if it is a holy ground for all three groups (Jews, Christians, and Muslims)....Either it is taken away as a United Nations held city for all time...or the (unlikely and unethical I might add) ultimate version of the King Solomon solution...glass it, after giving a warning to leave the city...(after seven days or forty days....whichever is more symbolic). I know it is wrong and impractical...but sometimes is seems like that would be the only thing that would end the bickering and all. It is the horrid, "if you can't share it or play nice, than no one is going to have it at all" solution...an extreme version of cutting the baby in half due to two women claim it.

The hope is that someday they will live there in peace...but the way things keep seeming to go...it seems unlikely...at best.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:25   Link #15492
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
So.... the police killed a man who SHOT at them, and these people are rioting, burning shops and police cars and a bus, and attacking the cops, demanding JUSTICE? Justice would be the cops lighting them all up.
About the same thing happened in France a few year back, in fact it wasmuch worse.
Old 2011-08-07, 06:13   Link #15493
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
About the same thing happened in France a few year back, in fact it wasmuch worse.
Aye, and British Football Hooligans are pretty infamous the world over. UK often has to send special consultants/security detachments to world cup hosts to help host countries deal with them!
Old 2011-08-07, 06:15   Link #15494
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
North London rocked by riots

Yeah, it's one of those cases of "forgetting to check the facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that both Israel and Palatine want Jerusalem as their capital...yes it is going to cause problems.

I think I've heard arguments about it heavily for ten years or so now...and sometimes I think a King Solomon like solution would be best for the place, even if it is a holy ground for all three groups (Jews, Christians, and Muslims)....Either it is taken away as a United Nations held city for all time...or the (unlikely and unethical I might add) ultimate version of the King Solomon solution...glass it, after giving a warning to leave the city...(after seven days or forty days....whichever is more symbolic). I know it is wrong and impractical...but sometimes is seems like that would be the only thing that would end the bickering and all. It is the horrid, "if you can't share it or play nice, than no one is going to have it at all" solution...an extreme version of cutting the baby in half due to two women claim it.

The hope is that someday they will live there in peace...but the way things keep seeming to go...it seems unlikely...at best.
It would be best if the Lord Almighty Himself did it. If they can't share the place, NONE of them should get it.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:48   Link #15495
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

i suggest that the place be turn into a radioactive waste dump. let see anyone try to fight to make it their capital then.
Old 2011-08-07, 13:42   Link #15496
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm sure some fanatical group would still try even after that. There would be a single stone in the middle of a giant crater of radiation and some crazy religious group would consider it a holy quest to go into the area to touch that rock and get out without dying from radiation poisoning.
Old 2011-08-07, 14:07   Link #15497
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I'm sure some fanatical group would still try even after that. There would be a single stone in the middle of a giant crater of radiation and some crazy religious group would consider it a holy quest to go into the area to touch that rock and get out without dying from radiation poisoning.
That's fine with me. Just means less idiots in the world to worry about.
Old 2011-08-07, 15:32   Link #15498
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It isn't as if a SEAL would deserve more to be shoot down than another SEAL ...
I know that. I'm just saying it's good the Taliban didn't get any extra satisfaction from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i suggest that the place be turn into a radioactive waste dump. let see anyone try to fight to make it their capital then.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's fine with me. Just means less idiots in the world to worry about.
You guys really do scare me sometimes...
Old 2011-08-07, 17:23   Link #15499
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You guys really do scare me sometimes...
They might scare you, their solution might be a bit ''over the top'' but thei got a point; if both groups can't share this piece of land the best solution would be than nobody should have it. Not a third group but no one.
Old 2011-08-07, 20:33   Link #15500
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I second that. Let's nuke the place to oblivion.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international