AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 15:59   Link #121
immblueversion

Anybody...?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 16:27   Link #122
immblueversion

Hey, everyone who still bothers with this forum. Check this out.

Old 2011-08-28, 17:49   Link #123
Yunagal95

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

The translation is looking really good, I can't wait until it comes out. Is there any more info on the nurse in the VN? As she seems to know a lot more about the yokai then she lets on.
Old 2011-08-28, 21:08   Link #124
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:

The reason not many people are talking about Higanbana is because there really isn't much to talk about. It's a lot more straight forward then higurashi and Umineko.
Old 2011-08-29, 07:54   Link #125
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
The reason not many people are talking about Higanbana is because there really isn't much to talk about. It's a lot more straight forward then higurashi and Umineko.
Then I have no choice but to wait for the translation to understand what's happpening. It'll be better that way, so I won't be complaining.

Old 2011-08-29, 15:03   Link #126
Lenyo

I'm actually looking forward to talking about it once I finish reading it.
Lenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:00   Link #127
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Could someone please divulge the plot summaries of "鎮守神さまの祠" (The Tutelary God's Shrine), "ハメルンのカスタネット" (Hameln's Castanets), and "とある少女の一日" (One Day for a Certain Girl)?
I'm almost done reading the VN. It takes me a while since my Japanese is pretty weak, but I've read these 3 stories.

I'm mostly going from memory, so I may leave out a few things...

Spoiler for The Tutelary God's Shrine:

That's all I'll do for now. I'll do the others later, if I feel like it.

Last edited by Wanderer; 2011-09-05 at 22:32.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 20:51   Link #128
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I'm almost done reading the VN. It takes me a while since my Japanese is pretty weak, but I've read these 3 stories.

I'm mostly going from memory, so I may leave out a few things...

Spoiler for The Tutelary God's Shrine:

That's all I'll do for now. I'll do the others later, if I feel like it.
Judging from what I personally know, this story is child's play compared to Hameln's Castanets.

It seems the even-numbered stories have some degree of a happy, if not bittersweet, endings, while the odd-numbered stories are where it gets really gritty. Of course, this only seems to apply to this installment, and we have no way of knowing about later games.

Old 2011-09-05, 21:59   Link #129
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Judging from what I personally know, this story is child's play compared to Hameln's Castanets.
Yes, Hameln's Castanets is a really dark one. I didn't particularly like it, though. My favorite so far after reading the first 6 is definitely The Princess's Lie.

Quote:
It seems the even-numbered stories have some degree of a happy, if not bittersweet, endings, while the odd-numbered stories are where it gets really gritty. Of course, this only seems to apply to this installment, and we have no way of knowing about later games.
Well, so far this has been true, although you could argue that #2 was grittier than #3.
Old 2011-09-06, 00:55   Link #130
Wanderer
Goat

OK, well I reviewed this thread and have a couple little things to clear up on peoples' incomplete understanding of some of the stories.
Quote:
Of all the stories that I haven't seen prior to the manga, the one that intrigues me the most is the third story, with Midori and the "Tea Gentleman." I'm no expert in Japanese, but this is how I think their story goes, so if anyone has any details or corrections, please tell me.

Spoiler for EP3 Spoilers & Speculation:

If I'm wrong on any points, or if I'm missing information, then by all means, tell me.
Spoiler for The Princess's Lie:
Quote:
Here's what I could gather on "The Spirit Camera."

Spoiler for Summary of what I know:

Spoiler for The Spirit Camera:
Old 2011-09-10, 15:52   Link #131
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Just began reading the first story in Higanbana. I really like the dark atmosphere it shows from the beginning, but... the various descriptions and narrator's thoughts just go on and on and on without any kind of dialogue for a long time. Ugh. I felt overwhelmed - I'm not yet very well versed in Japanese, sure (I'd rank myself a mid-N4 if we're talking JLPT), but I'm still under the impression that the first chapters of Higurashi and Umineko were much more straightforward and easy to follow. I don't think I have the willpower to sit straight and grind through this amount of psychological speech.

That aside, the soundtrack is beautiful (albeit I still have to hear it in-context) and the sound effects quite eerie, in a good sense. I guess I'll try reading bit by bit, slowly and carefully, because, at a first glance, Higanbana has got what it takes to make me enjoy the read.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 00:59   Link #132
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Anyone has the "TIPs" text for the characters profile of Higanbana somewhere?
I'm having trouble to read such small chars...
Old 2011-09-13, 16:51   Link #133
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Chapter 1 introduction:

Old 2011-09-21, 13:52   Link #134
Oblivion

Does anyone know where an english patch for this is available? I can't start reading it yet mainly due to having zero experience with Japanese.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:44   Link #135
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
The patch is in progress. It's barely been a month since Higanbana was released!
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 18:43   Link #136
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Does anyone know where an english patch for this is available? I can't start reading it yet mainly due to having zero experience with Japanese.
We're currently working on an English patch which is coming along quite well. Translation for the first of seven chapters is complete (see the video I posted above) and I've done a basic proofread of it, so most of the major typos are gone.

Translation of the second chapter has started, although there are a few bugs we're trying to sort out, including at least one that was present in the original Japanese version.

Either way, the patch will be released when the translation is done and we feel it is of a high enough quality. You can keep track of progress at http://ronove.blogspot.com/.
Old 2011-09-21, 18:56   Link #137
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
We're currently working on an English patch which is coming along quite well. Translation for the first of seven chapters is complete (see the video I posted above) and I've done a basic proofread of it, so most of the major typos are gone.

Translation of the second chapter has started, although there are a few bugs we're trying to sort out, including at least one that was present in the original Japanese version.

Either way, the patch will be released when the translation is done and we feel it is of a high enough quality. You can keep track of progress at http://ronove.blogspot.com/.
Wow very nice, can't wait. And as for the VN does it contain all chapters that will be released or is it like Umineko, with 2 separate arcs?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 21:27   Link #138
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Wow very nice, can't wait. And as for the VN does it contain all chapters that will be released or is it like Umineko, with 2 separate arcs?
The visual novel that was released last month is Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni: The First Night. Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni: The Second Night is currently in development and will probably be released at FuyuComi (end of December). The Second Night will not include The First Night. No word has been given on whether there will be any more releases after The Second Night.

I hope this answers your question.
Old 2011-09-27, 14:54   Link #139
Corfish1001

I had no clue this was already getting translated. I had a bit of a fanboy moment, and now that I have calmed down, I thank those of you who are working on this =3
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 14:08   Link #140
immblueversion

Just checking in to say that the second chapter has been completed (for a while, actually, but still).