AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 05:36   Link #37841
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Well, more like it's because of Mood Whiplash. I wanted to write a draft where Kazuma, Byaku, and Natasha's younger sister are trying to escape into the forest, but it just ends up making Byaku look jelly since Kazuma flirts without meaning to.
Old 2012-10-29, 05:42   Link #37842
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Wat

Actually, that would be good, I don't even know how to put emotion into draft anymore, the worst one of course the Rom com, the reason why I was unable to write the goddamn crossover properly.
Old 2012-10-29, 06:21   Link #37843
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Long story short: Byaku makes it clear that she likes Kazuma, but he rejects her based on various reasons such as lifespan, not being able to feel love, clone issues and etc etc. Byaku gets jelly, however, when Kazuma seems to turn right around and flirt with Natasha's younger sister without a single sense of irony.

Get it?
Old 2012-10-29, 06:40   Link #37844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ That was actually thoughtful if the reader dig a little deeper, it explores the question on the values of life and whatnot from the perspective of humanoid AI.
Old 2012-10-29, 06:46   Link #37845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just write it... Dang... I still have to do part 4
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 06:50   Link #37846
Eratas123

@ Senpai - She's just as much a human as Kazuma is. He's not even actually flirting, mind. He talks with her alot since she's a walking info dump and he offers to give her a piggy back when she complains she's tired because they can't really afford to stop. He never offers Byaku the same offer on account of her being able to fly if she so much as thought about it, but she still gets pissy.

Oh, and most of Kazuma's excuses except the lifespan one are BS.
Old 2012-10-29, 07:15   Link #37847
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Uh guys. I got something on my mind and I'd appreciate the thoughts on it. It's the design for the Silverbacks when they get out of the Beta Phase. Remember that the Beta Phase design for the Silverbacks is similar to that of the Delta 6 Accelerator Suit from G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra.

I have some designs in mind for all 4 when they get out of the Beta Phase. But I'm asking for designs from you guys for the Silverbacks when they're out of the Beta Phase. If possible that is. You don't have to worry about color schemes cause I have that taken care of. Look here.

(Primary/Secondary)
Eric: Gunmetal Grey/Dark Blue
Eddie: Grey/Black
Brian: Dark Blue/Black
Clayton: Silver Chalice/Black

If you have designs in mind, I'd appreciate it guys. And remember that it has to be smaller than an IS with it's pilot (adding 1-2 inches to the user's overall size)
I thought you are going for Gear of War kind of armor?

Any way, like I say before: Depends on the creator of the armor

> D.I.Y. kind have wires sticking out
> Military kind usually go for simple design
> research prototype may be even simpler unless it is super prototype (then you use cool of fiction to make it cool)

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-10-29 at 08:02.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 10:43   Link #37848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, probably do someting with Metal Wolf in spite of Blitz' objection, namely that it use a copy of every player's battle data over the course of three month, but most particularly, Dan, true elite mook indeed.
Old 2012-10-29, 15:09   Link #37849
agetreme
Just another Idiot

See if you can get it
Spoiler for Joule Shepherd:

Is it too much for a hidden joke? (Can anybody even get the joke?).
Hint: It's in the name

Because it is a joke, I don't think I need to explain it....just an off-hand comments of stuff...

Meanwhile, other joke which you can enjoy:

Kyrios Machines inherited Aquarian Era's philosophy which happened to be:
Learn from Success.

What so bad about it? They never learn from their mistake.... result in very dangerous Bleeding Edge technology......

(Think I should change the title to Cores Of Bleeding Edge(CoBE): Escape from ISA!)

Meanwhile....
Prologue title: Invitation to Cake Party.

Chapter 1: Boxed him up and Shipped him out (Might change...Even though I kind of like that title)

Filler (In case I feel lazy to update): Six days of Joule Shepherd/introduction to Aquarian era's technology.
Interim Story (Will find a way to integrate it into chapter 1): Meet the pilot.
Old 2012-10-29, 16:08   Link #37850
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
My only advice, they seems to be hell bent for military tradition, so they will have uniformized basic frame, but having modular armor that could actually change as the Silverback grew stronger and more efficient for their pilot?

For example, something like a specialized unit for assault, melee, sniping, artillery, repair, sensor or a combination thereof.
Yes, they'll look the same, if not, similar to each other in the Beta Phase. But they'll look completely different form each other once they get out of the Beta Phase. For the design I have in mind for Brian's, it's different when he's using his weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
I thought you are going for Gear of War kind of armor?

Any way, like I say before: Depends on the creator of the armor

> D.I.Y. kind have wires sticking out
> Military kind usually go for simple design
> research prototype may be even simpler unless it is super prototype (then you use cool of fiction to make it cool)
They used a similar kind of Gears of War armor, but that was their Thunder Crash armor; which is a semi-full body armor. The Silverback is full body armor; their body's fully encased in armor.

Their Thunder Crash armor has shoulder, chest, back and torso protection, but no side body protection. For the legs, there's armor on the front of the legs; thigh areas and shins. No protection on the back thighs and calves (other than semi-skin tight leggins made out of Kevlar like material). As for the arms, there's really no armor plating, but there's sleeves that are made out of Kevlar like material.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-10-29 at 19:31.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 22:14   Link #37851
Eratas123

@ Senpai - New draft I took some words form another romance fic I read.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eratas123; 2012-10-30 at 07:10.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:14   Link #37852
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Their Thunder Crash armor has shoulder, chest, back and torso protection, but no side body protection. For the legs, there's armor on the front of the legs; thigh areas and shins. No protection on the back thighs and calves (other than semi-skin tight leggins made out of Kevlar like material). As for the arms, there's really no armor plating, but there's sleeves that are made out of Kevlar like material.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powersuit

If you want to go for realistic, then go simple because Military don't do fancy stuff.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:20   Link #37853
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - New draft I took some words form another romance fic I read.

Spoiler:
*JAW DROP*

The diamond amongst the rocks indeed, doesn't mean the rock is bad, just that total hopelessness is not my cup
Old 2012-10-29, 23:33   Link #37854
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Umm,........huh?
Old 2012-10-29, 23:42   Link #37855
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ I mean it was as good as the darker segment of the story overall, most fic writer have hard time switching the mood properly without sacrificing the story's quality (especially bad writer like me)
Old 2012-10-29, 23:49   Link #37856
Eratas123

DARK Future is supposed to have a giant downer ending, but I can't see it happening now that it's been bleached in Rom-com. Doesn't help that all my silent protagonists end up turning into deadpan snarkers.

How do ypu keep a character quiet and untalkative when it's so boring to do so?
Old 2012-10-30, 00:45   Link #37857
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ I dunno, especially if they also unable to express anything.

Duke Togo of Golgo 13, for example... simply because he's so badass and so invicible that people keep watching, even though I think it's boring (40+ years as of now). To reiterate, he keep the same flat face when having sex, and THEN have some police find him in that state.
Old 2012-10-30, 01:14   Link #37858
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powersuit

If you want to go for realistic, then go simple because Military don't do fancy stuff.
[Sighs]...

Dude, their Thunder Crash armor is not powered. It's just armor for protection purposes. It does not enhance their fighting capabilities in anyway; other than protection. It's basically conventional armor but on a higher level and it offers no protection whatseoever against an IS.

The Silverbacks are the full body power armor they'll be using against the ISes. And when I mean by full body, I mean by they're fully encased in armor; their whole body's protected in armor. It enhances their fighting capabilities and has far superior protection than their Thunder Crash armor. Look here:

Thunder Crash armor: Non-Powered, yet higher level conventional semi-full body armor.

Silverback: Full body power armor, with far superior protection and fighting capability enhancements.

Basically, they're moving on from their Thunder Crash armor to the Silverbacks.

What I implied for the Silverbacks in their Beta Phase is how we as humans, first start out.

We all start out practically the same in the beginning; but as we grow older, we all grow differently from one another. Now apply that to the Silverbacks in the Beta Phase and when it gets out of it.

And you know what, forget about what I asked about getting designs for the Silverbacks (Out of Beta Phase) from you guys...

Didn't know that asking designs from you guys would cause this much trouble. And possibly taking this whole thing off topic...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-10-30 at 01:27.
Old 2012-10-30, 01:42   Link #37859
Eratas123

@ Jak - Again, if you want advice, make things clear. Don't complain about others giving advice when you never specifically state things. At no point in your earlier posts do you say "It's how WE as humans start out."

Asking for advice and then complainign when you don't get the exact results you want is pointless. If you're already leaning on an exact result that you want, then its pointless to ask.

@ Senpai - Indeed, its very hard. Not too long ago I made characters who simply communicated with "..." in every conversation.
Old 2012-10-30, 01:48   Link #37860
DarkJak2050

I asked because you guys might come up with better design(s) than what I have in mind. If that was the case, then I'll use those design(s) instead of mine.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest