AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-29, 21:40   Link #41
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I mentioned this in the Ep 9 thread but a speculation thread on just what is on a Claymore's body that makes them so repulsive... It could be that Teresa had her 'mark' on her stomach but Irene might have hers on her back.
Old 2007-05-30, 03:42   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'd like to, but there honestly isn't enough information to make a speculation thread. It would just be a wild guess thread and that isn't really worthwhile.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-31, 23:42   Link #43
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just so folks know, lately I've created a few new threads because discussions broke out in already existing threads where they were only marginally relevant. Since these discussions were of some general interest and likely to be repeated, I created brand new threads for those topics. That is how we came to have these threads:
This is more of a "here are brand new threads" post than a request post, but I figured it was still on-topic and should be mentioned.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-02, 15:39   Link #44
SimplyEd
Claytard

Maybe it would be in order to create a "Claymore comedy and parody" thread, seeing that there are so many "fake quotes for shits and giggles" popping up like crazy.

I don't want to ruin anyones fun, but it makes reading through the discussion a bit tedious.
Old 2007-06-02, 15:42   Link #45
HinaThePrince

I agree that a crack thread would be nice, but that doesn't mean that no one should make jokes in the other threads.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:00   Link #46
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

A joke thread would also be a spoiler crazy as the Japanese Manga thread.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:03   Link #47
SimplyEd
Claytard

Easy solution: Two threads. One for spoiler material, one for current stuff.

By the time that the spoiler stuff becomes current material, nobody will even notice it anymore.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:57   Link #48
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
Maybe it would be in order to create a "Claymore comedy and parody" thread, seeing that there are so many "fake quotes for shits and giggles" popping up like crazy.

I don't want to ruin anyones fun, but it makes reading through the discussion a bit tedious.
I know what you were referring to and I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it, but the jokes that were made were relevant to the episode. As such, they belong in that thread. Even if there was a fake quote thread they still probably would have been posted there simply because that thread naturally spawned them. In other words, your solution wouldn't have helped you.

I'm not going to be creating a fake quotes thread simply because those sorts of threads encourage people to make up all sorts of strange stuff of which 95% isn't funny and wouldn't have ever been posted if there wasn't a whole thread dedicated to it. I'd rather not encourage people to make bad and pointless jokes.

Old 2007-06-02, 17:17   Link #49
SimplyEd
Claytard

Yes, i concur.
I still enjoy the threads plenty though^^
Old 2007-06-06, 10:31   Link #50
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

How about a "Fanfiction" thread?

I mean, not for the purpose of writing stories in that thread, but rather to imagine different side stories.
With so many generations of Claymore and ranks, it´s easy to have ideas of a land and "what if" plots.

Of course you decide if it´s a good idea or not. Since all animes and mangas have their share of "writers"
Old 2007-06-06, 10:55   Link #51
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
How about a "Fanfiction" thread?

I mean, not for the purpose of writing stories in that thread
Why not? That would be good, too.
Old 2007-06-06, 15:08   Link #52
SimplyEd
Claytard

Yeah, why not!?

My yuri sensors are tingling on edge with this but...i approve^^
Old 2007-06-06, 16:24   Link #53
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Well lets face it, if the Claymores were guys, the Yaoi fangirls would have hijacked the series long long ago. Besides we can always make jokes at Raki's expense.
Old 2007-06-06, 17:26   Link #54
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm not sure we have the fanfics for a fanfic thread, but if someone would like to post a starting post in this thread I will evaluate it to be moved from this thread and become the starting post for the thread you want. I'd like the post to contain an introduction to the thread AND contain a fanfic of the sort the thread will contain. The post must be a good example for others to follow.

Please do that, and if it looks good, I will make it into the new thread.

In other news, I think it is about time for me to create a "Favorite Character in Claymore" Poll. Here's my list:

Clare
Raki
Theresa
Miria
Helen
Deneve
Irene
Sophia
Noel
Galatea

Am I missing anyone I should have included? (Nobody after episode 10 is going to be listed.) Or did I mess up the spelling of anyone's name? Should I list Rubel (Clare's man in black)? Should Priscilla be there?

I think that the appearance of Clare's old friend in episode 2 was just too brief to list.

Old 2007-06-06, 17:51   Link #55
SimplyEd
Claytard

Priscilla needs to be included. For all those people who have shown an unhealthy dose of sympathy for her.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:12   Link #56
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Teresa's gonna win the most votes in this one, I just know it. Then Miria....
Old 2007-06-07, 03:59   Link #57
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'm not sure we have the fanfics for a fanfic thread, but if someone would like to post a starting post in this thread I will evaluate it to be moved from this thread and become the starting post for the thread you want. I'd like the post to contain an introduction to the thread AND contain a fanfic of the sort the thread will contain. The post must be a good example for others to follow.

Please do that, and if it looks good, I will make it into the new thread.
Okay, might as well experiment. I will try my best.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:01   Link #58
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'm not sure we have the fanfics for a fanfic thread but if someone would like to post a starting post in this thread I will evaluate it to be moved from this thread and become the starting post for the thread you want. I'd like the post to contain an introduction to the thread AND contain a fanfic of the sort the thread will contain. The post must be a good example for others to follow.
I'll get to it right away~ EDIT: Unless Defiled One beats me to it. :P

And I do think Prissyface should be in the poll. Some people seem to sympathize with her.
Old 2007-06-07, 15:52   Link #59
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I have moved Defiled one's post to use it as our new Fanfic thread.

Defiled one: I hope you don't mind, but I edited your introduction rather heavily to make it, in my opinion, a better opening for the thread.

Old 2007-06-07, 15:56   Link #60
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

You decide what you want. I just gave the idea.
Closed Thread