AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 02:38   Link #2301
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Have they licsensed 5+ yet?
That's not how the license works. Yen press have announce the license for the entire run, not on a novel by novel approach.

So vol 5 onwards would be considered licensed as well. Please remember that since the series is licensed, you may not discuss scanlation releases or scan groups, doing so can get you banned.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:02   Link #2302
typhonsentra

Well it's not like it matters in this case as the scans stopped after volume 3, didn't it?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:26   Link #2303
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
That's not how the license works. Yen press have announce the license for the entire run, not on a novel by novel approach.

So vol 5 onwards would be considered licensed as well. Please remember that since the series is licensed, you may not discuss scanlation releases or scan groups, doing so can get you banned.
Oh, okay; thanks!
Old 2009-07-15, 12:12   Link #2304
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
To be fair, what I linked to was the original announcement a year ago which stated that Yen Press had the license up to volume 4. Of course, since that time they could've added to it.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 04:50   Link #2305
mokuseimaru

Hello there. I've heard at a lot of places that The Astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (i.e., the long-delayed next novel) is supposed to conclude the series. Is there any confirmation of this, or is it just fan speculation? I'm honestly hoping it's not true, since the characters are only in the beginning of their second year of high school in the ninth novel; not to mention that there is so much left to explain and so much that could happen that Tanigawa might not be able to wrap it up in just one volume.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 06:33   Link #2306
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Fan speculation.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:29   Link #2307
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
Hello there. I've heard at a lot of places that The Astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (i.e., the long-delayed next novel) is supposed to conclude the series. Is there any confirmation of this, or is it just fan speculation? I'm honestly hoping it's not true, since the characters are only in the beginning of their second year of high school in the ninth novel; not to mention that there is so much left to explain and so much that could happen that Tanigawa might not be able to wrap it up in just one volume.
Speculation. Nothing outside the title is known about the book.
Old 2009-07-21, 12:34   Link #2308
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Didn't I just say that?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:20   Link #2309
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Didn't I just say that?
I said more :P
Old 2009-07-21, 15:00   Link #2310
typhonsentra

There is no book 10. It's all smoke and mirrors.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 15:32   Link #2311
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well... technically speaking, that is true. At this current point in time, there is no tenth volume of Haruhi.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:11   Link #2312
mokuseimaru

Ah, well that's good. I had just seen it written so many times that I thought it might be true. But I guess it was just something people saw and copied without getting confirmation.

I imagine this has already been discussed, but I'm just wondering how everyone think the two plot threads from Disassociation will come together, or if they will at all? My general idea is that the the beta-thread is what is really happening and the alpha-thread is an alternate data-space like the one in Snow Island Syndrome, only created by some other part of the Sky Canopy Dominion rather than Kuyoh, since there doesn't seem to be any time distortions. The brigade members in the alpha thread might be copies of the real things. Maybe the idea is that, if you create a copy of Haruhi's "data", it could be pasted onto the real-world Sasaki, who, when she got all of Haruhi's powers (she seems to be limited to creating sterile, white closed-spaces at the moment) could simply turn off those of the original. I imagine Yuki is sick because she is trying to fight who ever is in charge for control of the alpha-thread data space. Or, I could be completely wrong.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:18   Link #2313
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Why would alpha be the fake one?

Beta seems pretty doomed to me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:28   Link #2314
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

Maybe they'll both get trashed, and a Gamma will be introduced in book 10?
Old 2009-07-21, 17:29   Link #2315
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Maybe they'll both get trashed, and a Gamma will be introduced in book 10?
And end on another cliffhanger.

YES WE CAN
Old 2009-07-21, 17:59   Link #2316
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

Alpha seems suspiciously ordinary considering how active the opposing party was in confronting Kyon et al. in the first chapter. There's also those instances of the mysterious girl who calls Kyon in the bath, whose voice patterns he remembers but can't identify, and the enthusiastic girl at the meeting he feels like he remembers but doesn't know where from. The whole thing gives me the impression that something is fishy in the alpha thread. Then there is the twelfth potential member who suddenly appears when Kyon returns from getting chairs with Koizumi. To me, that reeks of a blip in an otherwise perfectly constructed data-space (though it might just be a red herring).
Old 2009-07-21, 18:46   Link #2317
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...She's a slider?

One theory is that she's an alternate version of Kyon's sister... something like that.

In any case, a hell of a lot worse things are happening in Beta. Yuki especially seems doomed.

You don't do an alternate universe story like this unless you're going to epically destroy one universe.

I mean, it could be an alternate dataspace, but Yuki would most definitely notice.

Unless it's Kyon and only Kyon trapped in that dataspace. Which would be gloriously mindfuck.

But then again... it's "alpha". That alone implies that it comes first.
Old 2009-07-21, 19:42   Link #2318
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I still like my theory that the Data Overmind and Canopy Domain are both trying to mindfuck Kyon simultaneously, and the unusual alternating of the two "time lines" is a result of that.
Old 2009-07-21, 20:02   Link #2319
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I still like my theory that the Data Overmind and Canopy Domain are both trying to mindfuck Kyon simultaneously, and the unusual alternating of the two "time lines" is a result of that.
Too dark for this series.

Even if I'd love it, too dark for this series.
Old 2009-07-21, 20:11   Link #2320
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

DARKER AND EDGIER!

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga